Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,581 members, 7,809,111 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:27 PM

Nigeria Vs Equitorial Guinea (AWC 2010 Final) Ended 4-2 - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs Equitorial Guinea (AWC 2010 Final) Ended 4-2 (13832 Views)

Poll: Which Team Will Win The AWC 2010?

Super Falcons of Nigeria: 97% (78 votes)
Nzalang Nacional of Equitorial Guinea: 2% (2 votes)
This poll has ended

Equitorial Guinea To Host AFCON 2015 / Who Was Nigeria's Best Player At The AWC (Namibia 2014)? / Nigeria Vs Ivory Coast: AWC (4 - 2) On 10th October 2014 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Vs Equitorial Guinea (AWC 2010 Final) Ended 4-2 by semid4lyfe(m): 10:06pm On Nov 11, 2010
Wahala dey but make we nor see am undecided  .Those are the only words I can mutter after watching the Nzalang Nacional of Equitorial Guinea dismiss the Banyana Banyana of South Africa in the 2nd Semi final match of ongoing African Women Championship 2010.

Alright. . .the two countries that will represent Africa at the Women World Cup, Germany 2011 have emerged. They are Nigeria & Equitorial Guinea but there is something that is yet to be decided and that is the African Women Champions for 2010 .

Both were impressive in defeating their semi-final opponents. Nigeria got to the finals by humiliating Cameroun 5-1 while Equitorial Guinea got to this stage by defeating South Africa 3-1.

Nigeria & Equitorial Guinea have only met twice in the history of the AWC. First, in the group stages of the 2006 edition in Warri, Nigeria which the Falcons won 4-2 and in the semi-finals of the 2008 edition in which the Equitorial Guineans inflicted a one nil defeat on the Nigerians.

The Falcons would want to avenge their 2008 defeat in the hands of E. Guineans while E. Guinea would want to repeat their 2008 victory over the Nigerian ladies to show it wasn't a fluke.

Both teams play an attacking brand of football and have got some exceptional players in their fold. The Super Falcons have got the pacy winger - Stella Mbachu, the goal king of this competition - Perpetua Nkwocha,  Helen Ukaonu and the  Didier Drogba "statured" striker - Desire Oparanozie. Nzalang Nacional on the other hand have the exciting & skillful Salimata Sempore, their inspirational captain and Most Valuable Player of 2008 AWC - Genoveva Anonoma , Nigerian born striker - Chinasa Okoro and their recently naturalised former Spain U-19 player- Jade Boho.

There is no doubt the two finalists are the best teams in this years AWC so we'd be treated to some dazzling, exciting and top class football come Sunday @ 1.00 PM Nigerian time (2.00 PM South African Time).

Oya, you all should look into your crystal balls, consult your oracles and lets have your predictions for the game  grin
Re: Nigeria Vs Equitorial Guinea (AWC 2010 Final) Ended 4-2 by topeorekoy(m): 7:37am On Nov 12, 2010
Surely a nigwrian win but dnt knw the margin
Re: Nigeria Vs Equitorial Guinea (AWC 2010 Final) Ended 4-2 by eleshin(m): 8:36am On Nov 12, 2010
9ja will whitewash dem,watch dia match against SA der was notin spectacular abt dem.its anoda trophy 4 our eva reliable falcons,even d coach of indomitable lioness comfirmed it dt falcon is d best team in africa.
Re: Nigeria Vs Equitorial Guinea (AWC 2010 Final) Ended 4-2 by Pharoh: 9:41am On Nov 12, 2010
Make i run consult paul the octopus grin . . . . verdict out in 2 mins. tongue
Re: Nigeria Vs Equitorial Guinea (AWC 2010 Final) Ended 4-2 by honeric01(m): 10:00am On Nov 12, 2010
Can't really predict the scoreline, but we should be winning on Sunday even though EG are said to be using men as their strikers.
Re: Nigeria Vs Equitorial Guinea (AWC 2010 Final) Ended 4-2 by supereagle(m): 12:00pm On Nov 12, 2010
It is not going to be easy. Most of the EqG are Nigerians , they will like to prove a point, more also they defending champions.
Re: Nigeria Vs Equitorial Guinea (AWC 2010 Final) Ended 4-2 by Pharoh: 12:26pm On Nov 12, 2010
supereagle:

It is not going to be easy. Most of the EqG are Nigerians , they will like to prove a point, more also they defending champions.

Stop that lie abeg, how many of them are Nigerians and how has even played in this tourney, this is not 2008.
Re: Nigeria Vs Equitorial Guinea (AWC 2010 Final) Ended 4-2 by sulad82i(m): 12:36pm On Nov 12, 2010
Pharoh:

Make i run consult paul the octopus grin . . . . verdict out in 2 mins. tongue

paul don die teh teh
Re: Nigeria Vs Equitorial Guinea (AWC 2010 Final) Ended 4-2 by andyanders: 12:39pm On Nov 12, 2010
WY CANT THE NIGERIA GOVERNMENT SHOW THE MATCHES LIFE ON REGULER TV? DOES IT MEAN THAT WOMEN WERE NOT PART OF THE SYYSTEM? WHY? IF THEY DONT SHOW THE MATCH LIFE ON NATIONAL TV, THEN NFA IS WICKED. SINCE MEN CANNOT PERFORM, LET THEM SHOW US WOMEN FOOTBALL LIFE AND FORGET MEN FOOTBALL SINCE MEN ARE NOT READY TO GIVE NIGERIANS WHAT THEY WANT.
Re: Nigeria Vs Equitorial Guinea (AWC 2010 Final) Ended 4-2 by FBS: 1:06pm On Nov 12, 2010
Rock solid behind The Super Falcons!
Re: Nigeria Vs Equitorial Guinea (AWC 2010 Final) Ended 4-2 by Och77(m): 1:17pm On Nov 12, 2010
I thank God Equitorial Guinea as qualified to represent Africa as the ''men'' in their squad will surely be revealed by FIFA. And as to which team will win the African final, falcons should win if all players are women.
Re: Nigeria Vs Equitorial Guinea (AWC 2010 Final) Ended 4-2 by semid4lyfe(m): 1:59pm On Nov 12, 2010
Pharoh:

Stop that lie abeg, how many of them are Nigerians and how has even played in this tourney, this is not 2008.
There are four Nigerians in the Equitorial Guinea team. . .2 of them played against South Africa yesterday - Chinasa Okoro (no 15) & the no 7 (Blessing Nwabugwu. . .not sure of the Surname).

Apart from the Nigerians, they also have a Brazilian (Caroline Parreira) and a Spaniard (Jade Boho) in their team.

Och77:

I thank God Equitorial Guinea as qualified to represent Africa as the ''men'' in their squad will surely be revealed by FIFA. And as to which team will win the African final, falcons should win if all players are women.

Bros, cool down. . .na only one player of "questionable gender" dem get and thats the no 8, Salimata Simpore. All the others are females. Be that as it may, if Cameroun could come from 2 goals down to force Eq. Guinea to a draw, then I see no reason why we shouldn't be able to beat them "Man" or not. Even S.A marked him/her out until the extra-time.

I agree with you sha. . .African Sports Organisations are not proactive and decisive on issues like this. The same complain about Salimata was made by all the teams that played against Eq. Guinea in 2008 and even by the Ghanaians in this competition and yet CAF hasn't investigated the matter.

With Eq. Guinea's qualification for the world cup, the issue of Salimata Simpore's true gender will be investigated and determined. Me think se if she nor be man, she go be hermaphrodite (like Iyabo Abade). No how wey Salimata go be woman
Re: Nigeria Vs Equitorial Guinea (AWC 2010 Final) Ended 4-2 by Ymodulus: 3:28pm On Nov 12, 2010
9ja
Re: Nigeria Vs Equitorial Guinea (AWC 2010 Final) Ended 4-2 by Pharoh: 3:56pm On Nov 12, 2010
semid4lyfe:

There are four Nigerians in the Equitorial Guinea team. . .2 of them played against South Africa yesterday - Chinasa Okoro (no 15) & the no 7 (Blessing Nwabugwu. . .not sure of the Surname).

Apart from the Nigerians, they also have a Brazilian (Caroline Parreira) and a Spaniard (Jade Boho) in their team.

Hmm i see and thanks for the explianation, i had two objectives for this tournament. I wanted them to qualify and beat guinea and not so concerned about them winning it again. They should just beat guinea even if it is half goals to nothing and set the record straight for good. I am not going to miss this one and i will try everything possible to watch this match online.

But give us live update here if we no see link oooo.

So what do you think about the female coaches and the team play?, what about female football development in nigerial. I think other Africans are developing in the right direction and just like our male teams the female teams is now individual talent. No teamwork or free flowing football and i don't really like that. Play like champions, win and do it comfortably.

I am just too busy, have been trying to create a facebook page and a site for them.
Re: Nigeria Vs Equitorial Guinea (AWC 2010 Final) Ended 4-2 by namdo(m): 5:04pm On Nov 12, 2010
there is no team work without some individual play. Super Falcons please go forward and defeat EG gals, you have an edge: your individual skills. Go Go Go and make us happy again grin cool
Re: Nigeria Vs Equitorial Guinea (AWC 2010 Final) Ended 4-2 by 14(m): 5:22pm On Nov 12, 2010
overconvident!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Nigeria Vs Equitorial Guinea (AWC 2010 Final) Ended 4-2 by GNS202(m): 6:08pm On Nov 12, 2010
It's going to be an exciting match. Nigeria 3 -1 Equatorial Guinea. kiss kiss kiss
Re: Nigeria Vs Equitorial Guinea (AWC 2010 Final) Ended 4-2 by victorazy(m): 6:48pm On Nov 12, 2010
i trust my loves
Re: Nigeria Vs Equitorial Guinea (AWC 2010 Final) Ended 4-2 by semid4lyfe(m): 9:50pm On Nov 12, 2010
Meanwhile, Ghana and Cameroun, group opponents of Equitorial Guinea have accused accused them of fielding men in this AWC . Read below

A GENDER cheating row is currently brewing against Equatorial Guinea, which both Ghana and Cameroun have claimed is fielding men in the ongoing African Women’s Championship (AWC) in South Africa.

Two Black Queens’ players, Diana Ankomah and captain Florence Okoe, claim that Guinea used three men during their final Group B game on Monday. Cameroun has also filed an official complaint against Guinea for similar age and gender claims.

The Confederation of African Football (CAF) is refusing to comment on the issue, as this is the second consecutive tourney at which the Guineans have been accused of gender cheating. Salimata Simpore, Bilguisa Simpore and team captain Genoveva Ayonmang were in 2008 suspected to be boys.

Indeed, against Ghana, both Simpore and Ayonmang were looking too strong for their opponents, with the latter’s goal for her team’s second of the game a shot any male goalkeeper could have found difficult stopping. Black Queens’ captain, Okoe, said no one would make her yield in her belief that Simpore was “a boy playing in a girls’ game.”

She said: “It is not as if we are throwing sour grapes just because we have lost. Rather, this is the fact and it is up to the organisers to do something about this. It is not good for African women football.”

Ankomah also said that despite their disappointing finish, they were only feeling unhappy with the gender of the opposition. She echoed to NAN the claim that at least two of Equatorial Guinea’s players were not girls, saying: “To lose a football game is not something we don’t know how to take, that is now normal for us as footballers.
“But losing to unequal opposition like in this case of Equatorial Guinea is painful. You only need to have physical contact with them to know this, and we can tell from what happened most times during the match.”

The allegation had reverberated during the last edition of the competition as host, Equatorial Guinea, romped to the title, with Nigeria one of the two countries to raise a complaint then. The competition organiser, the Confederation of African Football (CAF), had, however, waved the allegation then, saying its investigation revealed that the “boys” were really girls.

Efforts to get CAF to comment on the allegation yielded no fruit, as the Match Commissioner, Souaadatou Kalkaba, told NAN that she was not competent to speak on the issue. Hours after their exit from the ongoing tourney in South Africa, the Black Queens are feeling that their loss in their final match was not “ordinary.”

Ghana lost 1-3 to Guinea on Monday evening at Daveyton’s Sinaba Stadium in Johannesburg to crash out of the continental event. The Ghanaians had needed a win to progress from Group B to the semi-finals, but the second match day’s 1-2 loss to Cameroun put them in a difficult position.

Source:
http://www.guardiannewsngr.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=28963:ghana-cameroun-spark-gender-row-accuse-eguinea-of-fielding-men&catid=58:abroad&Itemid=623
Re: Nigeria Vs Equitorial Guinea (AWC 2010 Final) Ended 4-2 by semid4lyfe(m): 10:41pm On Nov 12, 2010
Off topic but has anyone noticed that female football powerhouse, USA may not qualify for Germany 2011? shocked

They lost in the semifinal of their Continental Qualifying Championship to Mexico (1-2) thereby failing to pick one of the two automatic spots. However, they beat Costa-Rica in the 3rd place match and will now face Italy (best loser in Europe) in a 2-leg playoff on Nov 20 & 27.

USA Vs Mexico in the Semi-Final of the 2010 CONCACAF Women’s World Cup Qualifying tournament.
[flash=425,344]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQA9H0-zQX4?version=3" type="[/flash]

USA Vs Costa Rica in the 3rd Place Match of the 2010 CONCACAF Women’s World Cup Qualifying tournament.
[flash=425,344]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JNcXsbXG2I?version=3" type="[/flash]
Re: Nigeria Vs Equitorial Guinea (AWC 2010 Final) Ended 4-2 by semid4lyfe(m): 1:23am On Nov 13, 2010
For highlights of the Semi-final match between Nigeria and Cameroun, CLICK HERE

For highlights of the Semi-final match between Equatorial Guinea and South Africa, CLICK HERE. Watch out for the Equitorial Guinea player in Jersey no 8 (Salimata Simpore - the scorer of the 1st and 3rd goal) and tell me se we nor go get problem on Sunday undecided embarassed
Re: Nigeria Vs Equitorial Guinea (AWC 2010 Final) Ended 4-2 by alex406(m): 4:37am On Nov 13, 2010
Our girls will triumph.
Re: Nigeria Vs Equitorial Guinea (AWC 2010 Final) Ended 4-2 by rasputinn(m): 9:13am On Nov 13, 2010
BTW

Is that guy in Equitorial Guinea really a woman
Re: Nigeria Vs Equitorial Guinea (AWC 2010 Final) Ended 4-2 by rasputinn(m): 9:16am On Nov 13, 2010
I'm very happy this aint no age grade competetion,else those lazy arm-chair sports analysts on nairaland,Nigerian TV and radio stations would have written off the achievements of our girls and shouted that we fielded over-aged players
So this is for all y'all tongue tongue tongue

GO SUPER FALCONS,GO
Re: Nigeria Vs Equitorial Guinea (AWC 2010 Final) Ended 4-2 by opabukun(m): 10:21am On Nov 13, 2010
"9jer 3 vs. 1 Eq. Guin.", Octopus Paul
Re: Nigeria Vs Equitorial Guinea (AWC 2010 Final) Ended 4-2 by dominique(f): 10:50am On Nov 13, 2010
The girls have to play less individually and more as a team. Wish i can confidently say that the falcons will win the trophy but wit that she-male in Eq. Guinea and the selfish style of play among the falcons, i can only wish them the best. I'm still very proud of them no matter the outcome tho.
Re: Nigeria Vs Equitorial Guinea (AWC 2010 Final) Ended 4-2 by FBS: 10:54am On Nov 13, 2010
^^^Hi dom! how you dey?

AH! Sunday is almost here. cheesy
Re: Nigeria Vs Equitorial Guinea (AWC 2010 Final) Ended 4-2 by easy03(m): 11:49am On Nov 13, 2010
I have faith in this team so much that am beginning to fall in love with our ladies and i know they will do us proud this time. Gudluck got their back, go girls. smiley
Re: Nigeria Vs Equitorial Guinea (AWC 2010 Final) Ended 4-2 by semid4lyfe(m): 12:02pm On Nov 13, 2010
rasputinn:

I'm very happy this aint no age grade competetion,else those lazy arm-chair sports analysts on nairaland,Nigerian TV and radio stations would have written off the achievements of our girls and shouted that we fielded over-aged players

Heehehe. . .funny thing is I haven't seen a "particular" Nairalander who is obsessed with age-cheating post a comment or commend their performance since the AWC began.

I'm sure if it were an age group competition, he'd be posting regularly and be screaming "age cheats" all over the forum grin
Re: Nigeria Vs Equitorial Guinea (AWC 2010 Final) Ended 4-2 by FBS: 12:24pm On Nov 13, 2010
rasputinn:

GO SUPER FALCONS,GO
Well said rasputinn. You took it out of me mouth. You deserve an award. cool
Re: Nigeria Vs Equitorial Guinea (AWC 2010 Final) Ended 4-2 by slyk2(m): 12:56pm On Nov 13, 2010
anything our men cant do let the women take over!
Re: Nigeria Vs Equitorial Guinea (AWC 2010 Final) Ended 4-2 by ifyalways(f): 1:11pm On Nov 13, 2010
Super Falcons all the wayyyyyyyyyyyyy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Enugu Rangers Vs Salitas: CAF Confederations Cup (2 - 0) On 3rd February 2019 / See How Taribo West Defrauded Thousands Of Nigerians Aspiring Footballers In The / Footballer Who Played 90 Minutes Without Touching The Ball

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.