Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,646 members, 7,801,883 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:37 AM

DPR Seals Five Filling Stations In Cross River For Sharp Practices - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / DPR Seals Five Filling Stations In Cross River For Sharp Practices (4356 Views)

DPR Seals 12 Filling Stations In Sokoto, Kebbi / DPR Seals 3 Stations, Places 30 Pumps On Out-of-use In Anambra / DPR Seals NNPC, Mobil, Total Filling Stations For Cheating (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

DPR Seals Five Filling Stations In Cross River For Sharp Practices by alphonsojaybaz: 4:01am On Oct 28, 2019
The Department of Petroleum Resources (DPR) has sealed five fillings stations in Cross River for selling petrol above the government approved price of N145 per litre and other offences.

Eyes Of Lagos gathered that, DPR Operations Controller in Cross River, Mr Philip Awolu, disclosed this to newsmen in Calabar on Sunday.

The intensified surveillance across the state was led by Mr SirCham Musa-Mohammed, Head of Operations of DPR in Calabar.

Awolu said that the filling stations were sealed for cheating the public in violation of stipulated rules guiding operations in the petroleum sector.

“During the week, my officers visited 51 filling stations in Northern Cross River and out of that, 48 were active while 3 of them were not having petrol.

“Out of the 51 stations visited, five were sealed for selling above the pump price of N145 per litre, others closed for under dispensing and other offences,” he said.

The Operations Controller said that notices had been given to marketers who had not regularised their filling stations to do so and get their operating licenses or face sanctions.

“When we deployed our officials to the field, we sensitised the public on the need to have a licence before they can set up a filling station.

“As part of our activities, we hope that in a short while, all filing stations operating in the state would come forth and register for their operating license,” he added.

On distribution of the product from the Calabar depot, Awolu said that there was availability of the product that would serve the state pointing out that there was no need for panic buying.

“The only challenge we have is in the Northern part of the state because of the distance, that is why some of them are still selling above the pump price.

“We keep advising them not to sell above the pump price. We know their challenges; the distance from Calabar and the bad road.

“They are supposed to be part of the Petroleum Equalisation Fund sponsored by the Federal Government to cushion the effect of transportation fare of the petroleum product. As it stands, they are not part of that regime.

“From the side of government, we are thinking of making a report to the government to help them enjoy some subsidy in the transportation of the product to Northern Cross River,” he said.

Re: DPR Seals Five Filling Stations In Cross River For Sharp Practices by greatmarshall(m): 4:26am On Oct 28, 2019
Hmm
Re: DPR Seals Five Filling Stations In Cross River For Sharp Practices by Austineva(m): 4:37am On Oct 28, 2019
That is Naija for u! If u don't like it relocate to Zimbabwe
Re: DPR Seals Five Filling Stations In Cross River For Sharp Practices by ForeThinker: 4:44am On Oct 28, 2019
Dec thingzz

Re: DPR Seals Five Filling Stations In Cross River For Sharp Practices by Nobody: 4:45am On Oct 28, 2019
Imagine a federal agency complaining of distance, nawao.
Re: DPR Seals Five Filling Stations In Cross River For Sharp Practices by KIDfurniture(m): 4:48am On Oct 28, 2019
Everything is diluted...
Re: DPR Seals Five Filling Stations In Cross River For Sharp Practices by Jabioro: 4:49am On Oct 28, 2019
So you knew they are not enjoy PEF,and the road I bad..ok now
Re: DPR Seals Five Filling Stations In Cross River For Sharp Practices by ABCthings: 4:56am On Oct 28, 2019
Re: DPR Seals Five Filling Stations In Cross River For Sharp Practices by younghartz(m): 5:14am On Oct 28, 2019
Everyone on my contact, showing off girlfriends and boyfriends,some showing off engaged videos,some showing off wedding videos,so happy for all of them mehn!!! Me I need someone to show me the way out of this country cry cry cry

8 Likes

Re: DPR Seals Five Filling Stations In Cross River For Sharp Practices by MVLOX(m): 5:41am On Oct 28, 2019
nice one....
Re: DPR Seals Five Filling Stations In Cross River For Sharp Practices by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:42am On Oct 28, 2019
Fraudsters everywhere

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: DPR Seals Five Filling Stations In Cross River For Sharp Practices by donogaga(m): 6:04am On Oct 28, 2019
They should focus on Lagos State. Its crazy how they cheat customers down here with relative ease.

Even when I threaten the Management of some Gas station of reporting them to DPR, the don't give a damn. Its a normal practice in Lagos. So bad.

Its high time the Government look into it.

2 Likes

Re: DPR Seals Five Filling Stations In Cross River For Sharp Practices by vineyardfarms: 7:08am On Oct 28, 2019
GREAT MOVE, LET THE OUTCOME BE MADE PUBLIC ALSO. PLS DPR IN AKWA IBOM UYO - CHECK THE MEGA NNPC FILLING STATION ALONG I.K ROAD UYO FOR UNDER DISPENSING, BUT PRICES OK, AND OTHER FILLING STATIONS FOR (MIXTURE) OF DIESEL PRODUCT
Re: DPR Seals Five Filling Stations In Cross River For Sharp Practices by DeriNwamamatene: 7:51am On Oct 28, 2019
[s][s]
post=83521514:
Fraudsters everywhere
[/s]
sure including terrorist buhari [/s]
shatap
Re: DPR Seals Five Filling Stations In Cross River For Sharp Practices by Comedian2019: 7:58am On Oct 28, 2019
All the ones they have been sealing, what happened to them? They will not tell us when they reopen the stations. They will not tell us what happened behind the scenes.
Who is fooling who?
Re: DPR Seals Five Filling Stations In Cross River For Sharp Practices by ObongZon: 7:58am On Oct 28, 2019
illitrate:
Imagine a federal agency complaining of distance, nawao.

I swear. E weak me.
Re: DPR Seals Five Filling Stations In Cross River For Sharp Practices by SolarEdge: 11:27am On Oct 28, 2019
Really!
Re: DPR Seals Five Filling Stations In Cross River For Sharp Practices by KrystosCJ(m): 1:43pm On Oct 28, 2019
What about filling stations in Lagos that charge a customer N50 (Fifty Naira) to use the POS machine when they want to purchase fuel? I have had the experience with (and I will mention names so that DPR can go there) Forte Oil located at Bucknor a few blocks away from the Ashamu Police Station and Petrocam located at Canoe just beside the canal road (Biliaminu Akinsanya) leading to Chi Limited.

They even have the directive signed by their so-called Management pasted on the fuel dispensing machines.

They are actually selling above the pump price of N145 per litre by introducing these unlawful charges to customers and I believe these fuel stations should be dealt with appropriately.

1 Like

Re: DPR Seals Five Filling Stations In Cross River For Sharp Practices by Frankest20(m): 1:45pm On Oct 28, 2019
Name the filling stations or remain quiet

(1) (Reply)

Lawan Seeks EU Support On Agric Products’ Exportation / Surgeons Use Stapler To Stitch Wound In Order To Preserve Tattoo (graphic) / What My Eyes Saw Today At Anambra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.