Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,501 members, 7,781,516 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 04:02 PM

Alibaba's Jack Ma Challenged Floyd Mayweather To A Fight - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Alibaba's Jack Ma Challenged Floyd Mayweather To A Fight (451 Views)

Floyd Mayweather Wins As He Knocks Out Conor Mcgregor In The 10th Round (Pics) / More Than 100 Doctors Say Mayweather-mcgregor Fight Should Not Have Been Allowed / Floyd Mayweather Beats Conor McGregor In 10th Round As Referee Stops Fight (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Alibaba's Jack Ma Challenged Floyd Mayweather To A Fight by Kei144(m): 6:50am On Oct 28, 2019
China's richest man says he's ready to take on The Money Team.

In a video posted to Twitter Sunday, Philippines boxing legend Manny Pacquiao and Alibaba founder Jack Ma challenged Floyd Mayweather to a fight.

"Floyd Mayweather, if you want a real fight, fight me. If you want an exhibition, my guy, my friend, Jack Ma will take care of you, " Pacquiao says.
He then calls them "The Real Manny Team," an apparent play on a lifestyle brand founded by Mayweather, The Money Team.

"I am ready. Any time, any place, Manny's team is read," Ma said.

Ma retired from the Chinese e-commerce giant last month, saying he wanted to pursue his other passions, like education. He is also a renowned martial arts fan -- even starring in a short movie produced by Jet Li, in which he played a tai chi master.

Yet while Ma is clearly in shape, a Mayweather fight is a different matter entirely.

The US boxer has 50-0 winning record and is considered one of the sport's all-time greats. He's technically retired, but has come out of retirement in previous years for big fights. He earned $9 million for just over two minutes of action during a fight in Japan last year.

Pacquiao first fought Mayweather in 2015, and the Philippines boxer-turned-senator is seeking a rematch.

In that bout, dubbed the "Fight of the Century," Mayweather claimed a unanimous points victory against Pacquiao, who by then was 37 years old and past his prime. Fight fans, pundits and TV networks had for years demanded a bout between the two while they were at their peak, but the two sides could not agree to a deal.

Mayweather Promotions' Leonard Ellerbe told reporters Mayweather "had no interest" in fighting Pacquiao after the event in Japan last year. But that didn't stop Pacquiao from challenging the 42-year-old to another fight in January.

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/10/27/sport/manny-pacquiao-jack-ma-floyd-mayweather-intl-hnk-scli/index.html

Re: Alibaba's Jack Ma Challenged Floyd Mayweather To A Fight by eTECTIV: 7:43am On Oct 28, 2019
Lolzzz...
Re: Alibaba's Jack Ma Challenged Floyd Mayweather To A Fight by ManspaceBarber(m): 11:19am On Oct 28, 2019
Jack Ma has retired, and now he want to rest, but in peace I can't guarantee if he faces Floyd Mayweather grin cheesy

On a serious note, I would like to see Pacman and F.Mayweather hit the ring again. Who knows, we may see spectacular bout this time, unlike their first match.

(1) (Reply)

"I Want Mbappe At Real Madrid"... Eden Hazard / Ozil Gives Differences Between Arteta's Formation To Emery's Formation / Mum's The Word As Ronaldo Fires Juventus Into Italian Cup Semifinals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.