Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,376 members, 7,808,321 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:17 AM

The Sugar Mum (a story of love) - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Sugar Mum (a story of love) (75857 Views)

Why Did Ladies Tag A Guy That Love His Mum A Mummy's Boy ? / The Sugar Mum (the Steamy Version) / I Want To Be The Sugar In Your Tea - Big Breasts Lagos Girl (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Sugar Mum (a story of love) by LoveToRead: 9:25pm On Oct 28, 2019
Some guys think one of the ways to move on the fast lane is to get a wealthy older lover. Does this always work out?

Find out in this interesting romance story titled The Sugar Mum:

https://m.okadabooks.com/book/about/the_sugar_mum_revised_edition/24398

1 Share

Re: The Sugar Mum (a story of love) by Janet96(f): 7:11am On Oct 29, 2019
Re: The Sugar Mum (a story of love) by Zamar: 4:34pm On Nov 10, 2019
LoveToRead:
Some guys think one of the ways to move on the fast lane is to get a wealthy older lover. Does this always work out?

Find out in this interesting romance story titled The Sugar Mum:

Only lazy guys go for sugar mum.

8 Likes

Re: The Sugar Mum (a story of love) by BigBasher: 9:53am On Nov 15, 2019
Zamar:

Just say you are unlucky to have one.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Sugar Mum (a story of love) by LoveToRead: 3:46pm On Nov 16, 2019
Zamar:

Sometimes, a guy is boxed to a corner.

1 Like

Re: The Sugar Mum (a story of love) by LoveToRead: 3:46pm On Nov 16, 2019
Zamar:

2 Likes

Re: The Sugar Mum (a story of love) by BigBasher: 12:03pm On Nov 18, 2019
LoveToRead:

Were you boxed to a corner?
Re: The Sugar Mum (a story of love) by LoveToRead: 8:05am On Nov 19, 2019
BigBasher:

Were you boxed to a corner?

No.
Re: The Sugar Mum (a story of love) by LoveToRead: 9:28pm On Feb 01, 2020
This is a story of love, betrayal, kust and vegeance. It is a story filled with intrigues and suspense.

You are all invited.

The story is protected by copyright.

[Modified: The sequel to the story will appear under a new title and it will be out - by God's grace - on Saturday, November 17, 2018.

Watch out for the interesting and concluding book on the story.

Remember, you can get the full and complete story of 'The Sugar Mum' for just N100 on:

The Sugar Mum (c) 2018.

An Inspirational Story of Love

The church programme was scheduled to start at six p.m. It was a three-day programme with guest ministers. Miracles had been promised. I was there for a miracle.

After two years of graduating with a Second Class Upper degree in English language from a prestigious Nigerian university, I was yet to get a good job. I stayed with an uncle and only managed to receive stipends from the evening coaching job I did at a tutorial centre.

At thirty, I was looking forward to settling down soonest and starting my faimly. Enny, my girlfriend since my undergraduate years was really supportive. She was a year younger but we had finished from the same university the same year. Through connections, she had got a job in a federal establishment. Recently, she told me to speed up getting a job as her parents were on her neck to marry. They knew about me, but how would I be able to settle down without a (good) job?

I didn't want to lose Enny. She was a good lady. She had even boosted me financially on many ocassions. So, you can see that for me to succeed in marrying her, I indeed needed a miracle.

You can get the full download @ https://m.okadabooks.com/book/about/the_sugar_mum_revised_edition/24398

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Sugar Mum (a story of love) by FairCritic(m): 2:53pm On Feb 02, 2020
Interesting.
Re: The Sugar Mum (a story of love) by Wantedola(m): 4:07pm On Feb 02, 2020
BigBasher:

Just say you are unlucky to have one.

Do you have one?
Re: The Sugar Mum (a story of love) by BigBasher: 7:28pm On Feb 02, 2020
Wantedola:

Do you have one?

Hmn.
Re: The Sugar Mum (a story of love) by Zamar: 9:51pm On Feb 09, 2020
Continue....
Re: The Sugar Mum (a story of love) by LoveToRead: 9:15am On Apr 05, 2020
I didn't want to lose Enny. She was a good lady. She had even boosted me financially on many occasions. So, you can see that for me to succeed in marrying her, I indeed needed a miracle.

I got to the church about five thirty. I joined some church workers in arranging and dusting the chairs. I actually had the intention of joining the work force in the church and had signaled my interest three weeks ago.

It was a work that had no income or allowance attached to it, but which - I was told - had a lot of divine blessing. I was informed that I would go through workers in training and be baptized before I could be fully integrated into the church workforce. I said no problem and had started the worker's training.

Few minutes after six, the praise worship started. It was an exciting programme as I joined others in praying that Holy Ghost fire should come down and consume all our enemies who did not wish us good.

At the end of the three-day programme, I was surprised when the head of the usher came to inform me that the wife of our General Overseer would like to see me. I eagerly went to see the revered woman in the church office.

'I've noticed how fervent you're in serving God and working in the house of God,' she began.

'Thank you, ma'am', I said, giving her another bow.

'Can you give me your background? I mean, what did you study, and where do you work?'

I told her my educational background and my search for a good job. I also told her where I was currently earning stipends and how I wish I could get a much better offering.

She nodded. 'You have a bright future ahead of you, but you must be patient. I can say that God has good plans for you.'

She paused to assess my attentiveness. Then, she continued. 'Working for God doesn't seem to pay off financially, especially at the beginning.

However, in the long run, it pays off a lot. Can you work in the Lord's vineyard full time?'

I wasn't expecting that. What I had thought was she would ask for my c.v to connect me to a high corporate person for a big corporate job.

I stared for some seconds. She waited patiently. I surprised myself when I nodded and said I would be glad to work full time in the Lord's vineyard.

The woman smiled briefly and nodded.

'As I said, indeed, it pays to serve the Lord. Come to see me tomorrow morning in my office. I will give you the briefings. You'll function as the Church Administrator.'

I smiled. 'Thank you, madam, er mummy (people usually addressed her as 'mummy'),' I answered, genuinely gladdened.

On my way home, I wondered if that was God's way of answering my prayer.

Later in the day, when I told Enny about the offer on the phone, she appeared happy about it. I wasn't sure If I should be happy or not. I didn't even know the pay yet.

All my curiosities were satisfied the following morning when I reported at the church office.

The madam was only there briefly but before she left, she showed me round the church premises and gave me a letter of employment, detailing my schedule of duties.

The money I would receive wasn't much, but I was encouraged to be diligent. I nodded. Right there I promised to do my best. As soon as madam left, I went to my small office to start the work.

In the next three weeks, I adjusted to my new work. The man of God himself, the general overseer was pleased with my performance. I was happy with myself too.

I realized I was getting closer to God too. I was now part of all the weekly activities, the services and the vigils.

You can download full story from: https://m.okadabooks.com/book/about/the_sugar_mum_revised_edition/24398

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Sugar Mum (a story of love) by FairCritic(m): 6:54pm On Apr 05, 2020
Nice story.
Re: The Sugar Mum (a story of love) by Zamar: 9:08pm On Apr 05, 2020
Cool.
Re: The Sugar Mum (a story of love) by BigBasher: 10:07am On Apr 06, 2020
Interesting story.
Re: The Sugar Mum (a story of love) by LoveToRead: 11:00pm On Apr 06, 2020
In the next three weeks, I adjusted to my new work. The man of God himself, the general overseer was pleased with my performance. I was happy with myself too. I realized I was getting closer to God too. I was now part of all the weekly activities, the services and the vigils.

Three months into the job, I had become very familiar with all the minsters, the ushers, choristers and many church members. I went to church virtually every day, including Saturdays as the choir members would be having their practice. 

As usual, this Saturday, the choir, who were mostly ladies, was having their rehearsals.  I loitered around, moving from one part of the church to another.

Just then, the horn of a car was blared at the gate of the church. I quickly went to the gate. A white Lexus jeep was there, and behind the wheel was Madam Bimpe Da Rocha.

I moved towards the side of the car. She stopped the engine and came out.

'Good evening, ma'am,' I greeted, giving an obeisance.

'Good evening, Alex. Has Sophia, my daughter come around?' she asked.

'Yes, ma'am. She's with the choir.'

'Please call her for me.'

I nodded and set off. Madam Bimpe Da Rocha was a very respectable member of our church.

She was a member of many committees including the Building and Welfare committees. She was someone not to be undermined.

I called the attention of Sophia. I stood by the gate while mother and daughter talked in low tunes by the car. Sophia soon left to rejoin the rehearsals.

'Ehn, Alex, I want to see you,' the important-looking woman said.

I moved a bit towards the madam.  'Yes, ma'am.'

'I understand you used to teach English in a tutorial centre before.'

I briefly wondered how she got to know that. 'Yes, yes, ma'am.'

'Good. I want you to be taking Sophia in home lessons. She'll soon write her GCE, and she'll be writing UTME next year. I want you to be coaching her, even if it is twice a week.'

I nodded. 'That will be no problem, ma'am.'

'What days and time will you be coming? When will you start?'

'Well, I ... '

'Start on Monday,' she interjected. 'There is no mid-week service on Mondays, so that day should not be a problem. I'll pay you sixty thousand naira per month, to start with. Get our house address from Sophia, I've already discussed the matter with her. You will take her between five and seven p.m. See you.'

I was visibly pleased. 'Thank you, ma'am. It's a pleasure ma'am.'

With that, the glib-talking woman entered her car and drove off.

I watched as the car moved out of sight. I whistled to myself. What madam was offering me, when added to what the church was paying, was certainly worthwhile.

With it, I could plan and do something meaningful with my life.

You can get the full download at: https://m.okadabooks.com/book/about/the_sugar_mum_revised_edition/24398
Re: The Sugar Mum (a story of love) by FairCritic(m): 8:00am On Apr 07, 2020
Nice one.
Re: The Sugar Mum (a story of love) by BigBasher: 8:18pm On Apr 07, 2020
Interesting episode.
Re: The Sugar Mum (a story of love) by Saturn101: 8:10am On Apr 08, 2020
Interesting.
Re: The Sugar Mum (a story of love) by kweensheba: 10:37am On Apr 08, 2020
Nice.

1 Like

Re: The Sugar Mum (a story of love) by Janet96(f): 3:32pm On Apr 08, 2020
Nice story.
Re: The Sugar Mum (a story of love) by Zamar: 8:41pm On Apr 08, 2020
Cool.
Re: The Sugar Mum (a story of love) by CasNova: 8:54am On Apr 09, 2020
Interesting story.
Re: The Sugar Mum (a story of love) by LoveToRead: 12:36pm On Apr 09, 2020
I watched as the car moved out of sight. I whistled to myself. What madam was offering me, when added to what the church was paying, was certainly worthwhile.

With it, I could plan and do something meaningful with my life.

After their rehearsals, I went to meet Sophia.

'Your mum said I should get the house address from you,' I told her.

'Yeah, I know.' She brought out a jotter she had in her handbag, wrote briefly on a sheet, tore the sheet off and handed it to me.

'Here, that's the address. The telephone number underneath is mine, in case you miss your way.'

'Thanks. She said I'm to start on Monday.'

'Yeah.'

I nodded. 'Alright.'

On Monday evening, I took a bike to the address given to me. There was no way I would have missed the place as it was well-known to all okada riders in my area.

Besides, Magodo G.R.A was an area reserved for the rich. The building was grand. I pressed the bell by the giant iron-gate. A uniformed security guard emerged from the house.

'Yes? What do you want?'

'I'm Alex. Madam is expecting me. I'm the new lesson teacher for Sophia.'

The guy nodded and opened the side gate for me. He must have been told about me. I was awed by the sight of what I saw. The interior of the mansion was grander than the exterior. The Da Rochas surely lived big. I had heard a lot about the family, since I became the Church Administrator.

Bibire Da Rocha, the patriarch, died in his private plane crash the previous year. He was an international business man reputed to be worth billions of naira. His most notable business was oil and gas. He was no more, but his wife was holding forte for him.

The house was only a storey building, but it was undoubted the fact that it was exquisitely constructed. There was evidence of luxury and affluence all around. Even in the canopy garage, at a glance, I could see not less than ten luxury cars.

On the ground floor was the expansive sitting-room. Entering the place reminded me of a lounging room I saw in a Hollywood movie.

Adjoining the sitting-room was the large dining room. Adjacent to this was a small room that looked like a study. There were book shelves and different textbooks.

There were also two computer desktops. At the center of the room was a long mahogany table with chairs around it. This was where I would be taking Sophia in her lessons.

You can get the download at:

Re: The Sugar Mum (a story of love) by CasNova: 6:54pm On Apr 09, 2020
Interesting.
Re: The Sugar Mum (a story of love) by Zamar: 10:22pm On Apr 09, 2020
Nice update.
Re: The Sugar Mum (a story of love) by FairCritic(m): 7:01pm On Apr 10, 2020
Nice one.
Re: The Sugar Mum (a story of love) by SeyiDominion: 1:30pm On Apr 11, 2020
Keep it up.
Re: The Sugar Mum (a story of love) by kweensheba: 7:44pm On Apr 11, 2020
This is a cool story.
Re: The Sugar Mum (a story of love) by LoveToRead: 11:41am On Apr 12, 2020
Adjoining the sitting-room was the large dining room. Adjacent to this was a small room that looked like a study. There were book shelves and different textbooks. There were also two computer desktops. At the center of the room was a long mahogany table with chairs around it.

This was where I would be taking Sophia in her lessons.

Madam herself took me to the study room. Sophia soon came down and the lesson started in earnest. I soon discovered that she was a very brilliant student. At fourteen (although she looked older for her age), she was also very intelligent.

She combined brilliance with wits.

I like to take brilliant students like her. Her easy assimilation would make my work easy. It however also meant I must be up and doing. One question from her could put an unprepared teacher in a tight corner.

Two hours later, the lesson was over. There was no dull moment as the lesson had been interactive and engaging. Just before I left, the house maid came with a polythene bag.

'Madam said I should give you this,' she said as she handed the package over. I quickly looked through to see what was inside. I could see a pack of food, a bottle of carbonated drinks and a bottle of water. The madam was not in sight.

'Tell her thanks on my behalf,' I said. It was a sign of good things to come. I left the house a happier person.

We decided that the lesson would be on Mondays and Wednesdays. When I told Enny, my dear fiancé, about it, she was glad.

'Now, we could start planning about our future,' she said. 'Of course, I'll always be there to support you. But even with this, let's lay out plans.'

That was one of the things I liked about Enny: she was always supportive. I continued with my church administration work and combined it with the home coaching. On the third week Wednesday of my coaching, I got to the mansion at about ten minutes to five. I was told Sophia was yet to return from the school.

Normally, the driver would go to the school and drive her home. Sometimes, I would wait for several minutes before she would arrive. I never minded.

I sat in the study room and went over the notes I had scribbled on my jotter. I always liked to do some quick revision before teaching. Madam came to meet me there.

Now, I must say something about madam. She had been very generous and nice to me. Every day that I went there, she would send the house maid to give me food packs and drinks. I had always been grateful.

'Sophia will not be having lesson today,' she announced.

I was surprised. 'Hope no problem, ma'am?'

You can download full story from: https://m.okadabooks.com/book/about/the_sugar_mum_revised_edition/24398

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Girls Who Sleep With Married Men / Man Beats Up His Fiancee As She Turns Down His Marriage Proposal In Public / Slay Queen- "Once A Guy Sleeps With Me, He Become Wretched For Life"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.