Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,464 members, 7,808,650 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:53 PM

Shehu Sani: It Is Only Logical To Allow The South To Rule In 2023 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Shehu Sani: It Is Only Logical To Allow The South To Rule In 2023 (15784 Views)

Shehu Sani: It’s Sad That Many Parties Can’t Even Afford Poling Agents / We Won’t Return To North - Fulani Herdsmen In South To Northern Elders / Shehu Sani: It Will Be Unfair To Deny South-West Presidency In 2023 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shehu Sani: It Is Only Logical To Allow The South To Rule In 2023 by alphonsojaybaz: 5:15am On Oct 29, 2019
*Shehu Sani It’s Only Logical To Allow The South To Rule In 2023

*Shehu Sani warns North against holding onto to power beyond 2023

Northern political leaders have been warned to resist the temptation of holding on to the nation’s Presidency beyond 2023 as such political adventure would be a recipe for chaos and crisis capable of threatening the unity of the country.

Sounding the warning during an exclusive interview with The Nation in Abuja, Senator Shehu Sani said since President Muhammadu Buhari came to power with the support of the south and on the principle of rotation of power, it is only logical for the north to reciprocate the gesture by allowing the south to have the Presidency in 2023.

He said northern leaders who had been organising meetings to sell the idea of north holding on to power beyond 2023 should have a re-think and place the unity and interests of Nigeria above personnal interests.

Sani said: “The concept of rotation of power is simply to give every section of the country the opportunity and ability to feel that yes, we are equal stakeholders in the enterprise called Nigeria. If one part of the country now continue to dominate the political sphere, they can take the mantle of leadership, but they will not be able to have the peace to preside over the affairs of the country forever”.

” But my position on this is that President Muhammadu Buhari came to power with the support of the south. It would be logical enough that we understand the diversities of Nigeria, and the need to always balance our own personal interests and agenda with the need to sustain the unity, peace and orderliness of the country” Senator Sani who was a member of the 8th National Assembly from Kaduna Central Zone added.

Senator Sani further said: ” A lot of meetings are going on in the north today, and I can tell you that they are gaining traction. And part of the reasons for some of them who told me was that they believe that this government has served more people in the south than it has served people in the north.

“So that is the argument which many of them have given and you see sometimes words have life, if a prominent northerner who is well respected now averred that we are not going to respect the principle of rotation of power and the north will continue to have it forever, if you do not have a strong counter argument on that, it will settle in the minds of the people.

“So as far as I am concerned, there is the need for northern and southern leaders, traditional rulers, religious leaders, and politicians need to come together and discuss Nigeria. Where do we head from here?

” Governance is such a serious business that you should not leave it to politicians alone to decide. I think it is ideal, for instance, what stops the leaders of Afenifere, and Ohaneze visiting Ango Abdullahi in his house in Zaria and discuss with him.

“What stops the leaders from the north moving to Chief E K Clark house in Abuja or down there in the south-south to discuss with him. These are issues that I believe we should resolve. But we should understand that if one part of the country is not prepared to rotate power to another part of the country, we are simply setting a road map to chaos and crisis in Nigeria”.

He said it is also possible for the south to lose out if political leaders from the region are not united and if the lack of coordination in the major political parties persist, warning that the northern political establishment could also take advantage of the unpreparedness of southern leaders to hold on to power beyond 2023.

Senator Sani advised President Muhammadu Buhari to overhaul the nation’s security architecture by appointing new Service Chiefs to build on the foundations laid by the present ones, stressing that new ideas and initiatives would add the needed impetus to the fight against Boko Haram, kidnappers, bandits and armed robbers in the country.

He said it is disheartening that governors are now negotiating with bandits for peace to reign in the north-west of the country, regretting that bandits and kidnappers have taken over scores of villages in Katsina, Kaduna and Niger states, with thousands of villagers migrating to cities and towns for safety.

He advised northern states governors to hold a regional security conference and develop a blue print that would be used to address the multi-faceted security challenges facing the region, saying time has come for them to borrow a leaf from South-east and south-west leaders who have responded to the security challenges in their regions with workable strategy.

He called on President Muhammadu Buhari to review the closure of borders considering the soaring prices of food items across the country, warning that the economy of the country should not be reduced to rice alone.

He said” the last time we heard about exporting yam to Europe, it became a failure, now it is about preserving rice. For goodness sake how would a country has no issue to discuss about order than rice.

“Agriculture should be about export of cash crops, agriculture should be about production of varieties of crops, agriculture should be about providing incentives to farmers, and if possible setting up state farms and connecting agriculture to industries”

Source: https://thenationonlineng.net/shehu-sani-warns-north-against-holding-onto-to-power-beyond-2023/

8 Likes

Re: Shehu Sani: It Is Only Logical To Allow The South To Rule In 2023 by Astark: 5:21am On Oct 29, 2019
Can north even dare to rule beyond 2023? Dem wan die.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Shehu Sani: It Is Only Logical To Allow The South To Rule In 2023 by LabDNA: 5:30am On Oct 29, 2019
Yes it is only logical to go to South East since the North and SW have had their turns.

53 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Shehu Sani: It Is Only Logical To Allow The South To Rule In 2023 by oyin44: 5:36am On Oct 29, 2019
it is only logical when the father dominates a child Not A child (SE) dominating his father (SW).more favourable light on Sw due to the Formidable party APC.

16 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Shehu Sani: It Is Only Logical To Allow The South To Rule In 2023 by ZzZzzzzzzzzzzzz: 5:47am On Oct 29, 2019
LabDNA:
Yes it is only logical to go to South East since the North and SW have had their turns.
why can't the south east come together and form their own party. Or don't they have the strength and unity?
You people said APC is the party of almanjiri, Demonic party, and all sort of names... Then you wrote an application letter to Buhari... Ehen.

Even PDP did not consider the South East for presidential position and you guyies did not bat an eye...

It's not a must that a particular section of the country must rule abeg... Let's all live in peace and harmony

20 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Shehu Sani: It Is Only Logical To Allow The South To Rule In 2023 by pressplay411(m): 6:02am On Oct 29, 2019
There are myriads of problems plaguing Nigeria, but Mediocrity has to top the list.

We do not vote based on merit/competence but tribe/religion/party.
The worst part is how we have been brainwashed to think this is nornal.

14 Likes

Re: Shehu Sani: It Is Only Logical To Allow The South To Rule In 2023 by aolawale025: 6:10am On Oct 29, 2019
Senator Sani is correct here.
Specifically the SE should rule

30 Likes

Re: Shehu Sani: It Is Only Logical To Allow The South To Rule In 2023 by LabDNA: 6:20am On Oct 29, 2019
Well-meaning Nigerians are more than ready for an Eastern presidency. They are interested in equity and justice.

Bigots I'm not interested in your lamentations and negative energy. Go and gnash your teeth elsewhere.

12 Likes

Re: Shehu Sani: It Is Only Logical To Allow The South To Rule In 2023 by Foxman19: 6:28am On Oct 29, 2019
The facts is that no sane hausa or yoruba people will vote igbo as a president. No way the igbo will rule this country.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Shehu Sani: It Is Only Logical To Allow The South To Rule In 2023 by Nobody: 7:04am On Oct 29, 2019
Foxman19:
The facts is that no sane hausa or yoruba people will vote igbo as a president. No way the igbo will rule this country.
I'm yoruba and I am saner than you obviously and I will vote a good Igbo if they present one

61 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shehu Sani: It Is Only Logical To Allow The South To Rule In 2023 by helinues: 7:09am On Oct 29, 2019
See reasoning..

"Because this government ( Buhari Northerners) has served more people in the south than North, power should remain in the north.."

Well Na some set of people sha
Re: Shehu Sani: It Is Only Logical To Allow The South To Rule In 2023 by Bragalane: 7:17am On Oct 29, 2019
Igbo analogy on display.
North had it turn with Yardua & Buhari both from Kaduna NW.
South too can have it turn from the SW but to be fair every southerner should be allowed to contest just like Ekwueme contested in 1999 and 2003.

LabDNA:
aolawale025:
Senator Sani is correct here.
Specifically the SE should rule

On what basis can that be judged ? If you sane na for your pocket, you can not be more Yoruba than any other Yoruba.
Igbo can rule if they win the election but no one will gift any Igbo the presidency nor will only Igbo be allowed to contest in 2023.
Everyone from the South which consist of SW SS & lastly SE must vie for the ticket.

jacksonkennedy:
I'm yoruba and I am saner than you obviously and I will vote a good Igbo if they present one

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shehu Sani: It Is Only Logical To Allow The South To Rule In 2023 by jumobi1(m): 7:25am On Oct 29, 2019
He should talk with his chest. The divide in Nigeria is greater than North v. South. It’s not the South’s turn. It’s the South East or maybe South-South’s turn.
With that said, Zoning is dead. GEJ killed it. And PDP agreed it was dead when they fielded Atiku (Although a North-easterner)

4 Likes

Re: Shehu Sani: It Is Only Logical To Allow The South To Rule In 2023 by Foxman19: 7:27am On Oct 29, 2019
Lol by wish you can be yoruba. Your life will get better when you stop ashamed of your culture heritage.
jacksonkennedy:

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Shehu Sani: It Is Only Logical To Allow The South To Rule In 2023 by LabDNA: 7:35am On Oct 29, 2019
Foxman19:
11 million voters which is almost 50% of the total voter population voted for a ticket with Peter Obi on it to your chagrin, he even defeated osibanjo in his polling unit in Lagos. Well meaning Nigerians willl do so again so that you can writhe in pains and die of your toxic emotions and hate.

19 Likes

Re: Shehu Sani: It Is Only Logical To Allow The South To Rule In 2023 by Foxman19: 7:39am On Oct 29, 2019
Peter obi my foot.
LabDNA:

11 million voters which is almost 50% of the total voter population voted for a ticket with Peter Obi on it to your chagrin, he even defeated osibanjo in his polling unit in Lagos. Well meaning Nigerians willl do so again so that you can writhe in pains and die of your toxic emotions and hate.

6 Likes

Re: Shehu Sani: It Is Only Logical To Allow The South To Rule In 2023 by Andhominem: 7:59am On Oct 29, 2019
Why are Igbos so scared of facing Yorubas in an election

Why can't we just do it the way it happened in 1998 and 2002 when Obasanjo and Ekwueme had to slug it out in the PDP presidential primaries

Can't APC field Yoruba and PDP field an Igbo

What are the Igbos afraid of

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shehu Sani: It Is Only Logical To Allow The South To Rule In 2023 by Abdul05: 8:08am On Oct 29, 2019
Andhominem:

Why can't we just do it the way it happened in 1998 and 2002 when Obasanjo and Ekwueme had to slug it out in the PDP presidential primaries

the gangsters will rape them ni

2 Likes

Re: Shehu Sani: It Is Only Logical To Allow The South To Rule In 2023 by ZombieTERROR: 8:13am On Oct 29, 2019
ZzZzzzzzzzzzzzz:
why can't the south east come together and form their own party. Or don't they have the strength and unity?
You people said APC is the party of almanjiri, Demonic party, and all sort of names... Then you wrote an application letter to Buhari... Ehen.
Even PDP did not consider the South East for presidential position and you guyies did not bat an eye...
It's not a must that a particular section of the country must rule abeg... Let's all live in peace and harmony

Rubbish ...

If the South west won't rally round the South East...

The south east and south south will gladly give it to the North...

The North can't leave their own to vote for one thief nubu... The south loses.. The North gain

12 Likes

Re: Shehu Sani: It Is Only Logical To Allow The South To Rule In 2023 by ZombieTERROR: 8:16am On Oct 29, 2019
Andhominem:

Lol....
Once APc gives it to South West
PDP will give it to the North

Drum it into your ears right now...
Some people think they have sense cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Shehu Sani: It Is Only Logical To Allow The South To Rule In 2023 by Andhominem: 8:18am On Oct 29, 2019
ZombieTERROR:

Lol....
PDP will give it to the North

We are expecting that scenario... cool And we are preparing for it... cool

But my point is, why are Igbos so scared of confronting Yorubas Inferiority complex I am confused... embarassed

9 Likes

Re: Shehu Sani: It Is Only Logical To Allow The South To Rule In 2023 by ZzZzzzzzzzzzzzz: 8:20am On Oct 29, 2019
ZombieTERROR:

[s] Lol....
PDP will give it to the North [/s]

5%

1 Like

Re: Shehu Sani: It Is Only Logical To Allow The South To Rule In 2023 by Zimbola7: 8:20am On Oct 29, 2019
[s]
helinues:
See reasoning..

"Because this government ( Buhari Northerners) has served more people in the south than North, power should remain in the north.."

Well Na some set of people sha

[/s]
keep kwayet

1 Like

Re: Shehu Sani: It Is Only Logical To Allow The South To Rule In 2023 by oyebanji44: 8:38am On Oct 29, 2019
Andhominem:

We are expecting that scenario... cool And we are preparing for it... cool

But my point is, why are Igbos so scared of confronting Yorubas Inferiority complex I am confused... embarassed
you better go to library and find out.Cos. none of them will answer you.

2 Likes

Re: Shehu Sani: It Is Only Logical To Allow The South To Rule In 2023 by Andhominem: 9:00am On Oct 29, 2019
oyebanji44:
you better go to library and find out.Cos. none of them will answer you.

I know. It's a rhetorical question to let them appreciate their inferior status in the country.

Yorubas will never be afraid of confronting the northerners in an election no matter how high the prospect of losing. Sometimes we win, sometimes we lose. And we are never afraid of being in opposition.

The civil war defeat really damaged their psyche.

They are just so scared of taking political risks... embarassed

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Shehu Sani: It Is Only Logical To Allow The South To Rule In 2023 by gidgiddy: 9:07am On Oct 29, 2019
The Nigerian state is situastion where a ship is taking in water and sinking but the only thing the passengers care about is who will become Captain of the ship.

1 Like

Re: Shehu Sani: It Is Only Logical To Allow The South To Rule In 2023 by SoNature(m): 9:17am On Oct 29, 2019
Nigerian politicans don't understand logic...

If they did, they would know it is more logical to invest in their country than loot and take the money to a foreign land.

2 Likes

Re: Shehu Sani: It Is Only Logical To Allow The South To Rule In 2023 by chinavs9ja(m): 9:17am On Oct 29, 2019
shocked
This is serious oo

Check my signature if you need a website designer
Re: Shehu Sani: It Is Only Logical To Allow The South To Rule In 2023 by Gudguyz(m): 9:18am On Oct 29, 2019
This year never finish na 2023

For your power Solution: Solar and Inverter installations Call or What's app Sunmax Solar & electronics shop.For details pls check my profile.Thanks
Re: Shehu Sani: It Is Only Logical To Allow The South To Rule In 2023 by FactBoyz: 9:18am On Oct 29, 2019
cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Zamfara No-fly Zone: We Suspect Helicopters Are Used To Take Arms To Bandits — P / Ogidi & Anam People Of Anambra Take Oath Against Evil Doers In Their Communities / Top 10 Problem Facing Nigeria Youth 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.