Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,317 members, 7,808,068 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:33 AM

Insecurity: Abuja-Kaduna railway passengers rise by 270% - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Insecurity: Abuja-Kaduna railway passengers rise by 270% (15121 Views)

Air Ticket Prices Rise By 34.06% – NBS / FG To Inaugurate Kano-Kaduna Railway December 2022 / Abuja-kaduna Train Schedule (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Insecurity: Abuja-Kaduna railway passengers rise by 270% by JimohMomoh: 7:52am On Oct 29, 2019
Generalwoodz:
Amaechi dey try for Transportation

What will happen when the bandits start derailing trains cos I know they would've noticed a drop in business and their Oga lamenting of 'Bad market ' and they'd try getting smarter..

Running on train wont help. I fear derailment!

What are All the military bases in kaduna doing

It wont cost on the part of the government to flush these guy out

infogenius:
I am sure if all travelers travelling through this route travel by rail and insecurity is not addressed along that route.
I see the kidnappers devising plans to hijack and kidnap even more people through the rails.

Amaechi should of necessity advice bubu to show sensitivity to the insecurity and plight of people travelling
along that route.

You guys spoke my mind, and to break your heart they are already strategizing on how to hijack a train.
Last year a big stone was used by bandits to hit the windscreen of the locomotive pulling the train, the glass was shattered but the train didn't stop.
Since then mobile policemen are been stationed on the train once there are VIPs passengers.
Re: Insecurity: Abuja-Kaduna railway passengers rise by 270% by Skmoda360(m): 7:53am On Oct 29, 2019
SimonRose:
Even the train is been attacked now
Gun shots on Sunday, I thought it will be bye bye oooooo, Thank God the train na bullet proof.
Are you joking or serious? undecided

2 Likes

Re: Insecurity: Abuja-Kaduna railway passengers rise by 270% by kayyzz: 8:05am On Oct 29, 2019
tsfxtech:
Everybody is scared...

You will agree with me that short videos engages potential customers more than mere text and images. Animate your business today and make more money

I'm interested. 08111724555 08137910885
Re: Insecurity: Abuja-Kaduna railway passengers rise by 270% by najib632(m): 8:11am On Oct 29, 2019
NOETHNICITY:
Although, I despise PDP passionately but I think the credit for this really goes to GEJ
Pls bro don't say this and you will retract if you knew how much was budgeted for the railway transportation during GEJ's time.
Re: Insecurity: Abuja-Kaduna railway passengers rise by 270% by jansonn(m): 8:13am On Oct 29, 2019
Please are you serious??
SimonRose:
Even the train is been attacked now
Gun shots on Sunday, I thought it will be bye bye oooooo, Thank God the train na bullet proof.
Re: Insecurity: Abuja-Kaduna railway passengers rise by 270% by johnmattew: 8:15am On Oct 29, 2019
Ewedegubbler:
Ancient trains .. who cursed Nigeria?
u can still find such trains in New York, Europe and other American cities
Re: Insecurity: Abuja-Kaduna railway passengers rise by 270% by jansonn(m): 8:16am On Oct 29, 2019
I think you guys are being cheated by your own leaders!! South south states get the highest allocation amongst all States of this country and what have they done with it!! The fed. Gov might have not done all but then, the state gov. Are totally doing nothing
DTeekay:
No train in the South-south where all the money is coming from. Which way Nigeria. Come and see Federal roads in the south-south you will weep.

Gaping holes in the middle of the road. Causing chronic loss of man hours thereby hampering smooth flow of goods and services, which negatively affects the economy.

But this is the only part of the country that gives the oil money to build railways and roads in other parts of the country.

3 Likes

Re: Insecurity: Abuja-Kaduna railway passengers rise by 270% by Tonyspecial(m): 8:21am On Oct 29, 2019
Las Las 9ja Remaind Scamed
Re: Insecurity: Abuja-Kaduna railway passengers rise by 270% by Zimbola7: 8:22am On Oct 29, 2019
[s]
helinues:
So because of the Railway alternative, should our roads be abandoned because of security threats?
[/s]
shatap
Re: Insecurity: Abuja-Kaduna railway passengers rise by 270% by Nobody: 8:27am On Oct 29, 2019
gbagyiza:

Our government has failed us. They r not even a shame of dishing out this news. So, the government is even rejoicing n happy that Abuja road is down n rail way is booming. Kai, Nigeria good bye.
There is no government. We are just on our own.
Re: Insecurity: Abuja-Kaduna railway passengers rise by 270% by Teymanhenry(f): 8:31am On Oct 29, 2019
if generals are scared of using this road, it simply means we are doomed and Buhari is a failed president and a fake n dumb so-called general
Re: Insecurity: Abuja-Kaduna railway passengers rise by 270% by PAQ(m): 8:32am On Oct 29, 2019
So the solution to insecurity on Kaduna-Abuja expressway is to buy more trains? When the rail becomes insecure will we buy more planes? Why not establish a barracks on that damn road, common bandits cant be stopped! So in order words there is no hope for for the end of Boko Haram.

1 Like

Re: Insecurity: Abuja-Kaduna railway passengers rise by 270% by DTeekay(m): 8:41am On Oct 29, 2019
Yea, that is very true. Our south-south leaders are the most greedy, self serving, egocentric leaders in Nigeria. Truth be told, they go to Abuja claiming to represent their people, they collect the jobs, contracts and juicy positions then neglect the people. Eg Dakuku DG NIMASA,. Amaechi Transport Minister, All the Senators
Representing South South.

NDDC is a different story, NDDC is used to settle political chronies ooo, it is not meant for the people ooo. It is used to settle people like Akpabio who is present NDDC Minister because he lost election. How on Earth can Akpabio be probed I things dont go right.

Positions in Nigeria are given to political chronies,technocrats and people with the know-how in public service,governance, public procurement and accountability are neglected.

jansonn:
I think you guys are being cheated by your own leaders!! South south states get the highest allocation amongst all States of this country and what have they done with it!! The fed. Gov might have not done all but then, the state gov. Are totally doing nothing
Re: Insecurity: Abuja-Kaduna railway passengers rise by 270% by BenjaminJoe1(m): 8:45am On Oct 29, 2019
something need to be done on the corruption of sale of tickets, most of the staff, hoard tickets and create scarcity which they sell to "special passengers" at N3,000 and above instead of the N1,300. I withnesed this on Sunday at the IDU train station Sunday 27th October, 2019.
I was at the station after 12 but couldn't get the tickets for 2:20 , had to wait till 3:30 pm to get the ticket for 6:00pm.

1 Like

Re: Insecurity: Abuja-Kaduna railway passengers rise by 270% by Germi9: 8:48am On Oct 29, 2019
DTeekay:
No train in the South-south where all the money is coming from. Which way Nigeria. Come and see Federal roads in the south-south you will weep.

Gaping holes in the middle of the road. Causing chronic loss of man hours thereby hampering smooth flow of goods and services, which negatively affects the economy.

But this is the only part of the country that gives the oil money to build railways and roads in other parts of the country.
And our so called minister for transport is busy working for the North and West...he get sense so?
Re: Insecurity: Abuja-Kaduna railway passengers rise by 270% by Tonytonic(m): 8:51am On Oct 29, 2019
Ewedegubbler:
Ancient trains .. who cursed Nigeria?
The person wen curse this country dey naked for on top mountain take lay the curse.
Re: Insecurity: Abuja-Kaduna railway passengers rise by 270% by donbenz(m): 8:58am On Oct 29, 2019
This country is a joke
Re: Insecurity: Abuja-Kaduna railway passengers rise by 270% by Tonytonic(m): 9:00am On Oct 29, 2019
DTeekay:

but they want to introduce toll gate for South South and south east.government of exclusion of the south.remember oil is still in our land.
Re: Insecurity: Abuja-Kaduna railway passengers rise by 270% by omoharry(f): 9:03am On Oct 29, 2019
DTeekay:

South south especially Delta and Beyelsa wey go won collect settlement for the boys first before the project will commence..those enemy of progress...no wonder Delta, Beyelsa nor dey progress becos of their stupid gra gra.

2 Likes

Re: Insecurity: Abuja-Kaduna railway passengers rise by 270% by DTeekay(m): 9:09am On Oct 29, 2019
Bros, nothing tire me pass that one oo. Somebody will bring development to your land they will now be asking for matching-ground. Lazy ass mofo's.

Anyways I still think the government can secure the area while the project still continues. No play
with government power o.

Atimes youth restiveness and community dispute is just the cue contractors need to embezzle the money and blame it on insecurity.
omoharry:
South south especially Delta and Beyelsa wey go won collect settlement for the boys first before the project will commence..those enemy of progress...no wonder Delta, Beyelsa nor dey progress becos of their stupid gra gra.
Re: Insecurity: Abuja-Kaduna railway passengers rise by 270% by Angelfrost(m): 9:22am On Oct 29, 2019
It's looking quite obvious this insecurity thing was engineered to enhance train patronage... I say this even at the risk of coming off as paranoid.

I can't understand how this issue of insecurity on a single stretch of road has lingered this long... Poor leadership is truly a scourge.

2 Likes

Re: Insecurity: Abuja-Kaduna railway passengers rise by 270% by alezzy13: 9:27am On Oct 29, 2019
MEJOISLAND:
Was almost kidnapped there last month.
Four passengers were taken away from the bus parked next to the one I boarded and we were their next target. This took place in broad daylight. One of them stood by our bus shooting. It was the scariet experience I have ever had. I lost all hope of surviving mainly because of where I come from plus my religious affiliation. Those guys don't spare Christians at all.
It was former governor of Kogi state, Idris Wada who saved us that day. But for him, I would have been in the grave now.

Goodness me. Which part of the road did this happen?

And yet just between shagamu and Benin, you pass over 40 check points. Why can't those security agnet be redeployed to the kaduna Abj road

1 Like

Re: Insecurity: Abuja-Kaduna railway passengers rise by 270% by AMvanquish: 9:32am On Oct 29, 2019
NwaOhafia:
Even generals from NDA doesn't use Abuja - Kaduna highway let alone a common man. Everybody is feeling the heat.. upper level coming up ²00³ grin cheesy

Some weeks back I used the train to Kaduna , as we alighted. Thats how one Major General who was in Mufti during the Trip was picked up by his orderlies and came and passed us with his convoy blowing siren. In my head , I was like this one even has d effrontery to be blowing siren when he should be burying his head in shame. Na God hand we dey...

3 Likes

Re: Insecurity: Abuja-Kaduna railway passengers rise by 270% by bajeen(m): 9:44am On Oct 29, 2019
MEJOISLAND:
Four passengers were taken away from the bus parked next to the one I boarded and we were their next target. This took place in broad daylight. One of them stood by our bus shooting. It was the scariet experience I have ever had. I lost all hope of surviving mainly because of where I come from plus my religious affiliation. Those guys don't spare Christians at all.
It was former governor of Kogi state, Idris Wada who saved us that day. But for him, I would have been in the grave now.

Sorry for your nasty experience. But please don't any religious leaning to it. Most of their victims are muslims., some even from same tribe. Let's not aggravate the tensions we already have.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Insecurity: Abuja-Kaduna railway passengers rise by 270% by bajeen(m): 9:45am On Oct 29, 2019
MEJOISLAND:

Sorry for your nasty experience. But please don't attach any religious leaning to it. Most of their victims are muslims., some even from same tribe. Let's not aggravate the tensions we already have.
Re: Insecurity: Abuja-Kaduna railway passengers rise by 270% by Nobody: 9:49am On Oct 29, 2019
bajeen:

Sorry for your nasty experience. But please don't attach any religious leaning to it. Most of their victims are muslims., some even from same tribe. Let's not aggravate the tensions we already have.
Oga however, you look at it, it's more risky for a Christian to be caught than someone who shares the same faith with them.
Can you remember the story shared on this forum by a Northern Christian from Kaduna State some months ago?
Are we not referred to as infidels anymore? Oga this problem is deeply rooted in the system already. You share the same view too. There is no need to mince words.

1 Like

Re: Insecurity: Abuja-Kaduna railway passengers rise by 270% by Nobody: 9:54am On Oct 29, 2019
alezzy13:

Goodness me. Which part of the road did this happen?

And yet just between shagamu and Benin, you pass over 40 check points. Why can't those security agnet be redeployed to the kaduna Abj road
Kaduna-Zuba(Abuja) Road.
That road is another gateway to the grave . Many have lost their lives there..
They won't deploy security personnels there cos the government it'self is confused
Re: Insecurity: Abuja-Kaduna railway passengers rise by 270% by bibianna(f): 10:31am On Oct 29, 2019
Nigerians my sister and i just returned from our Kaduna trip with the train and i can tell you first hand news that our experience going was not funny. We got to Idu train station about 06:10am met a little line waiting to buy tickets. The officials opened up around 06:30am and before you know it the line was scattered as people scampered to get tickets for the first train trip.
We quickly ran hoping to get our 1st class tickets only for us to be told that it wasn't available, but right before us a ticket was sold to a big hausa looking man. Then i heard that the tickets available were for standing. But as God will have it, i saw how a seat ticket was sold to a woman who bribed an official so i had to quickly do same with some pleading before i was given two tickets for me and my sister. We were made to run with our bags all through the stairs to make it to the 1st train trip for the day. That was how we got seat tickets.
I want to report the officials in charge of ticketing. They are rude, liars, dishonest, discriminative and corrupt.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Insecurity: Abuja-Kaduna railway passengers rise by 270% by IamCharles123: 11:05am On Oct 29, 2019
jansonn:
These train, abuja-kaduna, and lagos-ibadan were don by federal govt. So the fed govt cannot build train in ss. We most hod our governor accountable while the fed govt develop other regions. I can't even think of any fed govt project in the whole ss.
Re: Insecurity: Abuja-Kaduna railway passengers rise by 270% by sayisayi(m): 11:11am On Oct 29, 2019
Don't worry....they will find log and grenade to place on track soon.

Nigerians...always running away from finding long term solutions

1 Like

Re: Insecurity: Abuja-Kaduna railway passengers rise by 270% by leojonson(m): 12:01pm On Oct 29, 2019
In any case, for what reason does it sound like there is just a single train working in that area? Abi beyond what one train can't utilize on a rail? On the off chance that they include 3 additional trains with a traveler limit of 1000, at that point I figure all ought to be fine at any rate for the time being

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Bad Road At NNPC Junction Ejigbo Lagos: Daily Nightmare Of Road Users / FAAN Begins Investigation On How Intruder Climbed Aircraft / Is This Extortion By The Nigeria Post Office?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.