Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,529 members, 7,770,358 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 09:51 AM

Mark Zuckerberg Admits To Reading People's Messages On Facebook Messenger - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Mark Zuckerberg Admits To Reading People's Messages On Facebook Messenger (1396 Views)

Facebook Tips: How To Activate Hidden Dark Mode In Facebook Messenger [no Root] / How Can I Add A Facebook Messenger Bottom To My Blogger Blog Like Entclassblog / See Why You Cant Code ( Secret From Mark Zuckerberg) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mark Zuckerberg Admits To Reading People's Messages On Facebook Messenger by Kelvin30286063(m): 7:54am On Oct 29, 2019
Facebook scans the contents of messages that people send each other on its Messenger app, blocking any content that contravenes its rules, it has emerged.

The scandal-hit firm, still reeling from the Cambridge Analytica debacle, checks images and links for illegal or extreme content using automated systems.

What you write in your messages may also be read manually if it’s flagged to moderators for breaching Facebook’s community guidelines.

While the intentions behind the practice may be well-meaning, the news is likely to add to users’ concerns over what the social network knows about them.

It follows revelations that the Trump-affiliated consulting firm obtained data on at least 50 million unsuspecting Facebook users.

This information was used to target voters in the US, based on psychological profiling, with political adverts spreading disinformation.

Facebook is also facing criticism for collecting years of data on call and text histories from Android users.

Facebook, based in Mountain View California, is in full damage-control mode, with Mark Zuckerberg acknowledging he’s made a ‘huge mistake’ in failing to take a broad enough view of what Facebook’s responsibility is in the world.

CEO Mark Zuckerberg confirmed the policy during a podcast interview with Vox’s editor at large, Ezra Klein.

Zuckerberg told his host a story about receiving a phone call from staff at his Mountain View firm.

He was informed that their systems had blocked attempts to send inflammatory Messenger instant messages about ethnic cleansing in Myanmar.

https://news.zealnut.com/2019/10/29/if-you-are-using-messenger-facebook-staffs-are-probably-reading-your-messages-right-now/

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Admits To Reading People's Messages On Facebook Messenger by Sirmuel1(m): 7:55am On Oct 29, 2019
I knew it!!
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Admits To Reading People's Messages On Facebook Messenger by Tomoyayi(m): 8:10am On Oct 29, 2019
Sirmuel1:
I knew it!!

Wetin you dey hide grin
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Admits To Reading People's Messages On Facebook Messenger by Nobody: 8:21am On Oct 29, 2019
Tomoyayi:

Wetin you dey hide grin
We are no longer safe And you are not disturbed

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Admits To Reading People's Messages On Facebook Messenger by Abfinest007(m): 8:25am On Oct 29, 2019
lies how many chat can he read we have up to 1 billion Facebook account.
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Admits To Reading People's Messages On Facebook Messenger by Millerules(m): 7:23am On Oct 31, 2019
Bros, if i call you farmer now e go be like say i no get chill. Its automated na
Abfinest007:
lies how many chat can he read we have up to 1 billion Facebook account.

2 Likes

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Admits To Reading People's Messages On Facebook Messenger by AfricaNigerian: 7:40pm On Nov 02, 2019
Sirmuel1:
I knew it!!
guyman! badman! lol
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Admits To Reading People's Messages On Facebook Messenger by Sirmuel1(m): 10:43pm On Nov 02, 2019
Millerules:
Bros, if i call you farmer now e go be like say i no get chill. Its automated na

You don use style call am Farmer embarassed

(1) (Reply)

Javascript Programers Help Me With This Problem / I Need Your Advise/help / Assist Me With This Vb6 Code

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.