Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,869 members, 7,806,476 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:02 PM

What Is The Meaning And Purpose Of Honeymoon? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Is The Meaning And Purpose Of Honeymoon? (84098 Views)

What Is Ur Definition Of Honeymoon / Whats The Importance Of Honeymoon? / What's The Essence Of Honeymoon? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Meaning And Purpose Of Honeymoon? by ijele(m): 12:35pm On Nov 12, 2010
'Honey after our wedding,when will it be our honeymoon?' ,  'And sweetheart where re we  spending our honeymoon?', 'so baby how long re we staying there?',  bla.bla.bla,    There re so much fuss about Honeymoon; taking some days,weeks or months off; going 2 resorts,hotels or traveling outside de country,  all in de name of Honeymoon. My question is what is de purpose of honeymoon? Does it worth it or rather is it vital 2 marriage?
Re: What Is The Meaning And Purpose Of Honeymoon? by MrCork26: 12:36pm On Nov 12, 2010
yea, try honey & lemon angry
Re: What Is The Meaning And Purpose Of Honeymoon? by mediatrix8(f): 12:42pm On Nov 12, 2010
A honeymoon is a chance for a newlywed couple to get away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life, the stress they encountered from planning their wedding and attention they received from family and friends regarding their marriage.

It's a time for the two of them to relax and spend some romantic quality (and intimate) time together in a very special location,.

Hhmmm I wish to spend my honeymoon in the beach, i wish ,i wish wink wink

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Meaning And Purpose Of Honeymoon? by ijele(m): 1:10pm On Nov 12, 2010
That's cute
Re: What Is The Meaning And Purpose Of Honeymoon? by johncasey1(m): 2:18pm On Dec 17, 2011
mediatrix8:

A honeymoon is a chance for a newlywed couple to get away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life, the stress they encountered from planning their wedding and attention they received from family and friends regarding their marriage.

It's a time for the two of them to relax and spend some romantic quality (and intimate) time together in a very special location,.

Hhmmm I wish to spend my honeymoon in the beach, i wish ,i wish wink wink
Honeymoon kor Sugarsun nii
Re: What Is The Meaning And Purpose Of Honeymoon? by efepro(m): 3:20pm On Dec 17, 2011
*Court wedding
*Church(white) wedding
*Traditional weddn
*Wedding reception and now
*honeymoon
Una no get wetin una wan use money do?
Re: What Is The Meaning And Purpose Of Honeymoon? by tlops(m): 3:53pm On Dec 17, 2011
Nor mind them!
Re: What Is The Meaning And Purpose Of Honeymoon? by pendo89(f): 4:10pm On Dec 17, 2011
Well since its original purpose and meaning is lost,I can safely say its just for relaxation after the wedding stress.
Re: What Is The Meaning And Purpose Of Honeymoon? by Sijo01(f): 4:19pm On Dec 17, 2011
Mi fink Honeymoon can b define as takin a bottle of honey to d moon &d purpose is 4both of dem 2go &c d sun.
Op, hope i answered ur kestion correctly? undecided
Re: What Is The Meaning And Purpose Of Honeymoon? by Nellyd(f): 5:14pm On Dec 17, 2011
Honeymoon is a time wen newly wedded get 2gether 2 relax and catch fun after the stress of wedding preparations. Mostly done somewhere outside d home. Its worth the while cos their wont be distractions from family n friends.
Re: What Is The Meaning And Purpose Of Honeymoon? by Nobody: 5:34pm On Dec 17, 2011
Is it Honey Moon or Hot Moon?
Re: What Is The Meaning And Purpose Of Honeymoon? by Joe50(m): 6:52pm On Dec 17, 2011
this is the period where the man first meet with the wife for hot nabbing (sex) after wedding lipsrsealed but now adays honeymoon no dey sweet again cos before d wedding d man don fire her tire grin cool cool cool

1 Like

Re: What Is The Meaning And Purpose Of Honeymoon? by r231(m): 6:55pm On Dec 17, 2011
Thinking. . . . . . . .
Re: What Is The Meaning And Purpose Of Honeymoon? by johncasey1(m): 7:16pm On Dec 17, 2011
Joe50:

this is the period where the man first meet with the wife for hot nabbing (sex) after wedding lipsrsealed but now adays honeymoon no dey sweet again cos before d wedding d man don fire her tire grin cool cool cool
Falls from MOUNT EVEREST
Re: What Is The Meaning And Purpose Of Honeymoon? by mashnino(m): 7:52pm On Dec 17, 2011
efepro:

*Court wedding
*Church(white) wedding
*Traditional weddn
*Wedding reception and now
*honeymoon
Una no get wetin una wan use money do?

nor mind dem, dem dey alwais think backwards
Re: What Is The Meaning And Purpose Of Honeymoon? by Paul10: 8:13pm On Dec 17, 2011
[b]The term honeymoon refers to the first month after a wedding,a time in which the bride and groom adjust to their new state of matrimony.This period of time received its name from a drink known as mead,which,in the early years of England, was served to the bride and groom at their wedding celebration and also before retiring every night for a full cycle of the moon.Mead,a fermented liquor with a base made of an abundance of honey,some water,and a few spices,was considered a fertility drink, and its consumption guaranteed the couple offspring.Combine the word honey from the mead with the cycle of the moon,and the word honeymoon is the result. grin wink grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Meaning And Purpose Of Honeymoon? by Nobody: 8:25pm On Dec 17, 2011
Honey wetin? That's for people who have no jobs!
Re: What Is The Meaning And Purpose Of Honeymoon? by johncasey1(m): 8:48pm On Dec 17, 2011
Paul10:

[b]The term honeymoon refers to the first month after a wedding,a time in which the bride and groom adjust to their new state of matrimony.This period of time received its name from a drink known as mead,which,in the early years of England, was served to the bride and groom at their wedding celebration and also before retiring every night for a full cycle of the moon.Mead,a fermented liquor with a base made of an abundance of honey,some water,and a few spices,was considered a fertility drink, and its consumption guaranteed the couple offspring.Combine the word honey from the mead with the cycle of the moon,and the word honeymoon is the result. grin wink grin
thank you 4 the history lecture GNS 419
Re: What Is The Meaning And Purpose Of Honeymoon? by Woke4all(m): 11:17pm On Dec 17, 2011
Joe50:

hahahahahahahahahaha its a baby making period
Re: What Is The Meaning And Purpose Of Honeymoon? by Orikinla(m): 4:32am On Dec 18, 2011
I am coming back later today to comment on why every newly wed should have a honeymoon and also have more at every anniversary of your wedding. Love that is as sweet as honey will always take you over the moon again and again. Couples should always have a honeymoon every year. Having honeymoon every year will help your marriage. What harms many marriages is when the honey is no longer sweet and the moon wanes.
Re: What Is The Meaning And Purpose Of Honeymoon? by Ndkings1(m): 7:04am On Dec 18, 2011
Banging and diging period
Re: What Is The Meaning And Purpose Of Honeymoon? by komek(m): 8:49am On Dec 18, 2011
@ Efepro,u hav said it all. They dont no what to do wif money, After traditional marriage,the rest na waste of money.
Re: What Is The Meaning And Purpose Of Honeymoon? by Diligence: 10:48am On Dec 18, 2011
I don't believe in honeymoon, however, if u hv got the budget and esp time, pls please urselves, but these days, guz need to be wiser and esp thrifty (economical mgt)!
Re: What Is The Meaning And Purpose Of Honeymoon? by MsSophista(f): 10:54am On Dec 18, 2011
The phrase was actually coined in England but always existed from the beginning of time. Similiar to Columbus discovering or coining America. Anyway, it's a time when a relationship & love so sweet is taken to the highest level of oneness, intimacy & pleasure (consummation) after marriage. But now days the concept is spoiled due to couples casting off restraint or delayed gratification. Something is definitely loss,

1 Like

Re: What Is The Meaning And Purpose Of Honeymoon? by pmpt: 12:11pm On Dec 18, 2011
I think it‘s an overestimated & overrated phenomenon, just like d celebratn of valentine. To me, it is nothing!
Re: What Is The Meaning And Purpose Of Honeymoon? by smalmata(m): 5:57pm On Dec 18, 2011
very educative!!!
Re: What Is The Meaning And Purpose Of Honeymoon? by Bright2(m): 6:20pm On Dec 18, 2011
Just to fulfil due process & nothing more.
Re: What Is The Meaning And Purpose Of Honeymoon? by shayoor(f): 6:34pm On Dec 18, 2011
Hmmmmmmmm
Re: What Is The Meaning And Purpose Of Honeymoon? by googles: 6:47pm On Dec 18, 2011
Honeymoon is necessary. . . . . .free period to quave morning noon and night without disturbance yet you are asking for meaning and

purpose? what is wrong with you people? wont you feel good if you fly out of your comfort zone just to go and knack in one sexy island? taa -_-
Re: What Is The Meaning And Purpose Of Honeymoon? by Nobody: 7:04pm On Dec 18, 2011
sheer waste of time and resources angry
Re: What Is The Meaning And Purpose Of Honeymoon? by member479760: 8:57pm On Dec 18, 2011
If person have the time and money, please honeymoon yurself, life is once!
Re: What Is The Meaning And Purpose Of Honeymoon? by Oletunow(m): 5:07am On Dec 19, 2011
The real value that is left of honeymoon is bragging rights and status symbol, If it is met to be a time when the newly couples are to rest away from the hustling and bustling around them,

why don't we hear of people traveling from Nigeria to some village in Ghana or Togo or Cameroon for honeymoon? Why do people always desire some highly busy places like New York City, Paris, London, etc whose rate of stressfulness is even higher than that of places in Nigeria?

It is more poise and polish when you tell me that, you had your honeymoon in Paris instead of in Mbaise and Ladies especially gloats while saying it,

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Bride Price Is $15m Because I’m Still A Virgin – Popular Lawyer, Ifunanya / Gifted Harmony Billy Weds Chinese Girlfriend, Xinyi Lv (Photos) / Man Caught His Wife With Another Man In His Matrimonial Home

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.