Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,787 members, 7,798,628 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 07:30 AM

What Kind Of Job Can An Undergraduate Degree In Political Science Land Me? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What Kind Of Job Can An Undergraduate Degree In Political Science Land Me? (172 Views)

Advice: will a NDA Postgraduate Certificate land me a military job / UNN Graduate Puts Up Bsc, NYSC Certificates For Sale Over Lack Of Job / 49-Year-Old UNIJOS Political Science Student Dies Few Days After Graduation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Kind Of Job Can An Undergraduate Degree In Political Science Land Me? by projectclue11: 2:25pm On Oct 29, 2019
Political science is a field of study that brings student to understanding the diversities in government both locally and internationally as well as how they operate and stabilize their economies. It is in the platform of political science studies that students are guided on the various political ideas, political institutions, policy enactment and implementations, political procedures and behaviors, political strategies, political regulations, international crisis and interest, political history.

Aside from public politics, political science is one of those academic fields that cannot do without borrowing ideas from other fields of study; I guess that’s where the diversities in political science specialization came in. One of such fields of study is sociology studies which include the study of the complexities in human behavior and relationships plus the study of the making critical analysis of the various human societies both locally and internationally. Another is Law; and as you may have rightly guessed, it entails the study of the various regulations guiding the establishment of institutions, mode of conduct, punishment for defaulters etc.

Also read: Political science undergraduate project topics for more

Kinds of job you can do with political science undergraduate degree

Be a Politician
You are not far from the truth if you think a political science degree will grant you a seat in government. Being a politician as many have understood wrongly is not about looting public funds, giving false manifestoes during campaigns, making fake promises, influencing policies for selfish ends, travelling all the time and owning luxury homes, cars and accessories. Being a politician is about being part of the government by participating actively in political debates as well as shaping and influencing government policies in the interest of the masses through debate.

Political legal adviser
Exactly one reason I mentioned earlier that it is difficult separating law from political science. With this in mind, you can take up the duty of advising politicians and political aspirants about the legal responsibilities which they must undertake and ofcourse the rule of law as regards politics.

Campaign manager
As a political science graduate can also function well as a campaign manager which entails guiding the political aspirants on the psychographics of the public and their needs towards a strategic campaign. Campaign managers are known to use propaganda as a tool during campaigns. This is how to use it…

Political science is a lucrative field of study that is open for people of various fields of human endeavors. Aside, sociology and law, a political science degree can also give a an edge in international business since they have good background in international relations, economic and business policies.

(1) (Reply)

Why Scholarship Board Should Be Strengthened – ODHA / When Parents Are Given Money In Sokoto State, They Let Girls Go To School / What Kind Of Learner Am I?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.