Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,998 members, 7,799,426 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 08:59 PM

Where Did Your Parent Warned You Not To Marry From And Why? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Where Did Your Parent Warned You Not To Marry From And Why? (20232 Views)

I Asked Her, Can't Your Parent Provide Basic Needs? Are My Wrong? / What Tribe Did Ur Parent Warned You Not To Marry From? / Can You Get Married Against Your Parent Wish? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where Did Your Parent Warned You Not To Marry From And Why? by Kapilta(m): 6:05pm On Oct 29, 2019
I have heard people times without number saying their parent(either father, mother or both) forbids them from marrying from some particular region, tribes, ethnicity and all.

It can be devastating sometimes buh their(parent) reasons are best known to them.

So where did your parent warned you not to marry from, and what's the threat? Like did they threaten to curse or reject you as theirs if you dare go near where they warned you not to?

Did they give you any reasonable reason or non at all?
And which of them(like is it the father, the mother or both).

Let's talk.
Re: Where Did Your Parent Warned You Not To Marry From And Why? by Kapilta(m): 6:07pm On Oct 29, 2019
As for me, i'm free to marry whoever i like/want. Even if na gambari, my family ain't gat no prob about it.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Where Did Your Parent Warned You Not To Marry From And Why? by Nobody: 6:10pm On Oct 29, 2019
As for me , my family say make I no marry FOOLanii people... Say, the lady go kill me and that they always have hatred for another tribe..

So If I toast a Lady and I find out that nah Fulani ... I go jApa

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Where Did Your Parent Warned You Not To Marry From And Why? by Nobody: 6:15pm On Oct 29, 2019
No marry Ibo. They duped my dad when he was younger. MO kon fun won loyun sherey

33 Likes

Re: Where Did Your Parent Warned You Not To Marry From And Why? by Nobody: 6:22pm On Oct 29, 2019
I am from Imo state and my mum is from Anambra . she always warned me never to marry Imo ladies because of their promiscuous lifestyle . I later discovered it was the uncouth truth.

82 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Where Did Your Parent Warned You Not To Marry From And Why? by Kapilta(m): 6:37pm On Oct 29, 2019
Sirvingeo:
I am from Imo state and my mum is from Anambra . she always warned me never to marry Imo ladies because of their promiscuous lifestyle . I later discovered it was the uncouth truth.
smh

5 Likes

Re: Where Did Your Parent Warned You Not To Marry From And Why? by Starz825(m): 6:37pm On Oct 29, 2019
Just wait and see the argument wey go enter this thread na... cheesy

This is a Tribalistic thread grin

48 Likes 1 Share

Re: Where Did Your Parent Warned You Not To Marry From And Why? by Kapilta(m): 6:39pm On Oct 29, 2019
ayomikuolatunji:
cryilaje tribe because their women are like dogs but dating one already... I don't know how to break it... we even took two different oats..one is blood and the other only know to me. Don't know what the future will be like. Our boths parents already told us we can't marry..but we turn deaf ears. She said when she is 25 years she will get pregnant for me so that nothing will separate us
omashe o. Buh ilaje girls are not dogs abeg. I only fear them because of their colors and their closeness to water. That's how someone will goan marry yemoja.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Where Did Your Parent Warned You Not To Marry From And Why? by Kapilta(m): 6:41pm On Oct 29, 2019
Starz825:
Just wait and see the argument wey go enter this thread na... cheesy

This is a Tribalistic thread grin
you be mumu sha. You think there are no yorubas against other yoruba ethnicities? And ibos against ibos too?

You sidon, you go learn for this thread.

37 Likes

Re: Where Did Your Parent Warned You Not To Marry From And Why? by donbachi(m): 6:52pm On Oct 29, 2019
calabar....sey dem go like make I bury dem and not dem burying me...till date I no know Wetin dat talk mean.

3 Likes

Re: Where Did Your Parent Warned You Not To Marry From And Why? by Nobody: 7:02pm On Oct 29, 2019
they said I should not marry from everywhere but marry from anywhere
Re: Where Did Your Parent Warned You Not To Marry From And Why? by Nobody: 7:13pm On Oct 29, 2019
Kapilta:
you be mumu sha. You think there are no yorubas against other yoruba ethnicities? And ibos against ibos too?

You sidon, you go learn for this thread.

Yorubas also hate each other when it comes to marriage. I am a Yoruba from osun but live in Lagos, ilaje area in ajegunle to be precise,ilaje hates other Yorubas. They hardly see themselves as Yoruba. And other Yorubas hate them too. You hear an average ilaje man or woman saying Those Yoruba too like fight ..are they not Yorubas? They bear Yoruba names,wear Yoruba dress in fact they are Yoruba. But illiterate among them is annoying and wicked. My mum said she will disown me if I ever say I want to marry from ilaje,but I am in love with one already and I love her die. She even survived sniper taken when her mum tries separating us. God saved me she didn't die if not I for dey prison. Tribalism is high among Yorubas but they don't show it

65 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Where Did Your Parent Warned You Not To Marry From And Why? by ken6488(m): 7:18pm On Oct 29, 2019
Calabar or Igbo

Though I can date not marry
#note I am from Delta

Reason Is because of distance..

cheesy and The excessive bride price

7 Likes

Re: Where Did Your Parent Warned You Not To Marry From And Why? by Gavorche: 7:22pm On Oct 29, 2019
ebira no good reasons other than they are wicked

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Where Did Your Parent Warned You Not To Marry From And Why? by Lamanii22(f): 7:26pm On Oct 29, 2019
Igbo tribe... I don't know why my mom wouldn't let me marry from there... but I believe love conquers... I see nothing in marrying from other tribe(s)...

7 Likes

Re: Where Did Your Parent Warned You Not To Marry From And Why? by ken6488(m): 7:31pm On Oct 29, 2019
Lamanii22:
Igbo tribe... I don't know why my mom wouldn't let me marry from there... but I believe love conquers... I see nothing in marrying from other tribe(s)...
what tribe are you

4 Likes

Re: Where Did Your Parent Warned You Not To Marry From And Why? by Lamanii22(f): 7:32pm On Oct 29, 2019
ayomikuolatunji:
cryilaje tribe because their women are like dogs but dating one already... I don't know how to break it... we even took two different oats..one is blood and the other only know to me. Don't know what the future will be like. Our boths parents already told us we can't marry..but we turn deaf ears. She said when she is 25 years she will get pregnant for me so that nothing will separate us

Haaaa this is serious oo

2 Likes

Re: Where Did Your Parent Warned You Not To Marry From And Why? by sammycashly: 7:34pm On Oct 29, 2019
[quote author=Kapilta post=83569898]I have heard people times without number saying their parent(either father, mother or both) forbids them from marrying from some particular region, tribes, ethnicity and all.

It can be devastating sometimes buh their(parent) reasons are best known to them.

So where did your parent warned you not to marry from, and what's the threat? Like did they threaten to curse or reject you as theirs if you dare go near where they warned you not to?

Did they give you any reasonable reason or non at all?
And which of them(like is it the father, the mother or both).

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Where Did Your Parent Warned You Not To Marry From And Why? by Nobody: 7:39pm On Oct 29, 2019
Lamanii22:

Haaaa this is serious oo
only God can save me

1 Like

Re: Where Did Your Parent Warned You Not To Marry From And Why? by Nobody: 7:43pm On Oct 29, 2019
From Xvideos..
There's this particular girl I'd love to tie the knot with dia.
But society won't let me.
Will consider inmessage or badoo sha

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Where Did Your Parent Warned You Not To Marry From And Why? by Lamanii22(f): 7:43pm On Oct 29, 2019
ken6488:
what tribe are you

Yoruba... And the Yoruba guys I've met didn't treat me nice...

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Where Did Your Parent Warned You Not To Marry From And Why? by YorubaNinja: 7:45pm On Oct 29, 2019
Well, I can ONLY marry a Yoruba chic. Simple. Other tribes are NO-NO... cry

Igbo is a NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO grin grin grin

I'm told they eat people which I later confirmed when I dated an Igbo lady for like 2yrs. I won't have if we're both in 9ja. She told me she can't also marry an Igbo man cuz they act too primitive. grin

10 Likes

Re: Where Did Your Parent Warned You Not To Marry From And Why? by ken6488(m): 7:45pm On Oct 29, 2019
Lamanii22:

Yoruba... And the Yoruba guys I've met didn't treat me nice...
ooops sorry

2 Likes

Re: Where Did Your Parent Warned You Not To Marry From And Why? by Fountainofyouth(f): 7:46pm On Oct 29, 2019
Ogun State

2 Likes

Re: Where Did Your Parent Warned You Not To Marry From And Why? by AdolfHittler: 7:50pm On Oct 29, 2019
[s]
YorubaNinja:
Well, I can ONLY marry a Yoruba chic. Simple.

Igbo is a NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO grin grin grin
[/s]

5 Likes

Re: Where Did Your Parent Warned You Not To Marry From And Why? by ken6488(m): 7:52pm On Oct 29, 2019
Fountainofyouth:
Ogun State

Haba why
Re: Where Did Your Parent Warned You Not To Marry From And Why? by ken6488(m): 7:53pm On Oct 29, 2019
YorubaNinja:
Well, I can ONLY marry a Yoruba chic. Simple. Other tribes are NO-NO... cry

Igbo is a NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO grin grin grin

I'm told they eat people which I later confirmed when I dated an Igbo lady for like 2yrs. I won't have if we're both in 9ja. She told me she can't also marry an Igbo man cuz they act too primitive. grin

grin it is your choice

1 Like

Re: Where Did Your Parent Warned You Not To Marry From And Why? by Kapilta(m): 7:55pm On Oct 29, 2019
ayomikuolatunji:

Yorubas also hate each other when it comes to marriage. I am a Yoruba from osun but live in Lagos, ilaje area in ajegunle to be precise,ilaje hates other Yorubas. They hardly see themselves as Yoruba. And other Yorubas hate them too. You hear an average ilaje man or woman saying Those Yoruba too like fight ..are they not Yorubas? They bear Yoruba names,wear Yoruba dress in fact they are Yoruba. But illiterate among them is annoying and wicked. My mum said she will disown me if I ever say I want to marry from ilaje,but I am in love with one already and I love her die. She even survived sniper taken when her mum tries separating us. God saved me she didn't die if not I for dey prison. Tribalism is high among Yorubas but they don't show it
If no be say you be yoruba person, i for show you ehn. And thank goodness say here na romance and not politics.
Re: Where Did Your Parent Warned You Not To Marry From And Why? by Kapilta(m): 8:00pm On Oct 29, 2019
Lamanii22:
yopur tribe?
Re: Where Did Your Parent Warned You Not To Marry From And Why? by Kapilta(m): 8:01pm On Oct 29, 2019
Gavorche:
ebira no good reasons other than they are wicked
this is so true sha. Ebira are very wicked ampa.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Where Did Your Parent Warned You Not To Marry From And Why? by Kapilta(m): 8:03pm On Oct 29, 2019
sammycashly:
OGUN STATE...my dad told me ,son if you marry from that state am sorry you are gone I will forget about you cos you are no more my son....those people will turn you against us...fear ogunstate
which state are you from yourself? Ondo state?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Ladies Give Love To Get Favours Men Give Favours To Get Love / A Submissive Spouse Or A Partner With Great IQ / We Are Getting Married: Thank God For Nairaland!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.