Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,685 members, 7,801,974 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:17 AM

Where Did Your Parent Warned You Not To Marry From And Why? - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Where Did Your Parent Warned You Not To Marry From And Why? (20253 Views)

I Asked Her, Can't Your Parent Provide Basic Needs? Are My Wrong? / What Tribe Did Ur Parent Warned You Not To Marry From? / Can You Get Married Against Your Parent Wish? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Where Did Your Parent Warned You Not To Marry From And Why? by linearity: 7:03pm On Oct 30, 2019
We were strictly warned not to marry Calabar ladies.

One of our uncle then, ran away with a calabar lady, leaving his wife and children behind. He was never heard from or seen.

I am certain, he must have died from old age by now.

2 Likes

Re: Where Did Your Parent Warned You Not To Marry From And Why? by Kingsdave(m): 8:17pm On Oct 30, 2019
Pchidexy:
We from Imo no too like Enugu sha! You guys are still in Stone age abeg!
You guys have a lot of bad characters including the males... Your sisters dictates what happens in your family... They can even come around unannounced saying.... Na my Dede place I come.... Dey always make the family a living hell

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Where Did Your Parent Warned You Not To Marry From And Why? by Kapilta(m): 8:49pm On Oct 30, 2019
linearity:
We strictly warned not to marry Calabar ladies.

One of our uncle then, ran away with a calabar lady, leaving his wife and children behind. He was never heard from or seen.

I am certain, he must have died from old age by now.
tribe?
Re: Where Did Your Parent Warned You Not To Marry From And Why? by kluivertngong: 10:57pm On Oct 30, 2019
I Want To Make This Clear. It Really Doesn't Matter Where Your Partner Is Coming From, Whether Or Not Your Parents Warned You About The Tribe. Someone's Tribe Has Nothing To Do With Their Behaviour. Just Pray And Ask God For A Better- Half, Someone Who Is Really The One For You. And Forget About Backward Mentality Of Parents.

8 Likes

Re: Where Did Your Parent Warned You Not To Marry From And Why? by midnighter(f): 11:05pm On Oct 30, 2019
kluivertngong:
I Want To Make This Clear. It Really Doesn't Matter Where Your Partner Is Coming From, Whether Or Not Your Parents Warned You About The Tribe. Someone's Tribe Has Nothing To Do With Their Behaviour. Just Pray And Ask God For A Better- Half, Someone Who Is Really The One For You. And Forget About Backward Mentality Of Parents.

Tribe has an impact on behaviour, to be honest

What somebody's culture teaches them to do has an impact on their behaviour but its just that there are other factors like education, environment, religion, individual personality, parentage, upbringing, financial status etc that offset the impact of cultural background

There must be some basis for stereotypes even if we dont really like them. To an extent its good to discuss them so we can see how others regard us

Its a good intention but its naive and somewhat disingenuous to say that it doesnt matter where somebody comes from, because we all know that it does

11 Likes

Re: Where Did Your Parent Warned You Not To Marry From And Why? by kluivertngong: 11:42pm On Oct 30, 2019
midnighter:

Tribe has an impact on behaviour, to be honest

What somebody's culture teaches them to do has an impact on their behaviour but its just that there are other factors like education, environment, religion, individual personality, parentage, upbringing, financial status etc that offset the impact of cultural background

There must be some basis for stereotypes even if we dont really like them. To an extent its good to discuss them so we can see how others regard us

Its a good intention but its naive and somewhat disingenuous to say that it doesnt matter where somebody comes from, because we all know that it does
Hello, We Are Talking About Modern Times Here. This Is Pure Racism Here And This Idea Should Be Burnt And Buried With The 1880s And 90s. My Dear, The World Is Changing, So Should It's People Change Too. For The Better. Not Reasoning Like A Fish Out Of Water.

1 Like

Re: Where Did Your Parent Warned You Not To Marry From And Why? by midnighter(f): 11:49pm On Oct 30, 2019
kluivertngong:
Hello, We Are Talking About Modern Times Here. This Is Pure Racism Here And This Idea Should Be Burnt And Buried With The 1880s And 90s. My Dear, The World Is Changing, So Should It's People Change Too. For The Better. Not Reasoning Like A Fish Out Of Water.

Yes, we are talking about modern times and until the end of time, people from different places will always behave differently

Its not racist to acknowledge that we in Nigeria behave differently from our descendants in the US, is it

As long as somebody asked this question and people are speaking relative to the discussion, the conversation around our experiences with different tribes and our cultural differences is okay.

It doesnt mean you should snub people in the basis of tribe but paying attention to how other people do things is an intelligent move so that you will know if you will be able to cope with it in future

3 Likes

Re: Where Did Your Parent Warned You Not To Marry From And Why? by AkinPhysicist: 11:58pm On Oct 30, 2019
YorubaNinja:

Yes. She actually told me of a story. She was on her way back home from the U.S and the bus she boarded from Lagos back to her final destination in the SE region stopped at a junction for passengers to relax and refresh. She's actually based in Benin but, decided to stay with her aunt in one of the SE states. She said what she saw sent shock waves over her sexy body grin. In one of the restaurants, she saw people comfortably eating human body parts. angry She thought she was dreaming until she actually heard people make special orders for them. She got to her aunt's place and narrated her horrific ordeal. Her aunt laughed and told her it's very normal in that part of Igbo-land. She never went back to the SE again on her subsequent 9ja visits. undecided

See the below videolink. I once saw this on Nairaland sometime last year. angry

https://newsrescue.one/cannibalism-nigerians-speaking-igbo-cook-human-parts-video/

Perhaps, I've heard several of my Igbo friends that grew up in the SE not wanting to go back to there to settle due to this cannibalism thing. A good friend of mine that grew up in Owerri had to build a house there from parental pressure but never let his parents live there except for family gatherings. undecided
Re: Where Did Your Parent Warned You Not To Marry From And Why? by nlPoster: 12:55am On Oct 31, 2019
chinchonglee:

Their families av big problem with igbos, dose girls can even fvck a newborn baby, i kept treating stds nt knowing the root cause of the std was right beside me, always lying.

All this because someone on the thread is underage?

So if I hadn't enquired further after noticing he called himself a boy and mentioned mum and allow in the same sentence, you wouldn't be implying this crap?

You're evil, change your ways.

1 Like

Re: Where Did Your Parent Warned You Not To Marry From And Why? by nlPoster: 12:59am On Oct 31, 2019
Kingsdave:

You guys have a lot of bad characters including the males... Your sisters dictates what happens in your family... They can even come around unannounced saying.... Na my Dede place I come.... Dey always make the family a living hell

Any Nigerian man who is very family oriented should not marry. Focus on your family welfare and make them happy, dont bring in someone to disturb your family harmony.
Re: Where Did Your Parent Warned You Not To Marry From And Why? by Pchidexy(m): 1:40am On Oct 31, 2019
Kingsdave:

Like I said we no like Una too. You guys are too judgemental! How can any sane Enugu person hate an Imo person? For what now? Are you guys better than Imo people in anyway? How can Nigeria ever be good with people like you? How can we have Igbo unity with closed minded fools like you? Ike unu gwuru! Tufiakwa!

2 Likes

Re: Where Did Your Parent Warned You Not To Marry From And Why? by Pchidexy(m): 1:43am On Oct 31, 2019
AwkaetitiBabe:
I didn't create d narratives you bloody fool.
I guess you are the illiterate fool! Stereotypes are held on to by illiterate people and hateful people like you. You are not better than anyone. Nairaland, a faceless forum,gives everyone fool a chance to form boss

1 Like

Re: Where Did Your Parent Warned You Not To Marry From And Why? by Pchidexy(m): 1:46am On Oct 31, 2019
WENGERNOMICS:

Brossss.......that's harsh na. She is just saying what she heard or experienced. Everyone has such stereotypes.

For instance now, every Nigerian will be careful of going to South Africa even though there are lots of good people there.
Bro, not true necessarily. Some people like to say ill of others to make themselves feel better. I judge people individually and not lumping them all into one category. I have been treated with different degree of wickedness from friends and foes alike. I cannot just judge them based on their state of origin. State is an artificial creation.

2 Likes

Re: Where Did Your Parent Warned You Not To Marry From And Why? by Fountainofyouth(f): 2:22am On Oct 31, 2019
Suchy22:
Mumsy is totally against Yoruba men cuz they don't take care of their women. According to her, marry a Yoruba man and you're on your own.

Gospel truth!!!

4 Likes

Re: Where Did Your Parent Warned You Not To Marry From And Why? by Bola146(f): 2:31am On Oct 31, 2019
Skmoda360:

I'm from Ondo and I'm not strict but not home based sha and I'm dating an AI woman tongue.....I'm based in Necromongronesia, Saturn grin cheesy cheesy

grin grin
Re: Where Did Your Parent Warned You Not To Marry From And Why? by Fountainofyouth(f): 2:32am On Oct 31, 2019
Jamislaw101:
When I jokingly told my mum I'm dating Ibo girl she refused to talk to me for two days.

Hahaha seriously cheesy

1 Like

Re: Where Did Your Parent Warned You Not To Marry From And Why? by Bola146(f): 2:32am On Oct 31, 2019
Bejusttoall:
The ujeshas are lovely people o. Try them out.
Yes oo, I really love their language too
Re: Where Did Your Parent Warned You Not To Marry From And Why? by Bola146(f): 2:35am On Oct 31, 2019
TFLAME:

Yeah ilesa , we are lovely people o . But most of us stubborn . We get small agidi . So we nor Dey tolerate shit . Na follow come something . Las las you will like us . We sabi enjoy life . Come and eat pounded yam abeg

Hummmm.. I love Ilesha for that food. I'll be expecting the food grin grin
Re: Where Did Your Parent Warned You Not To Marry From And Why? by TFLAME(m): 3:39am On Oct 31, 2019
Bola146:

Hummmm.. I love Ilesha for that food. I'll be expecting the food grin grin

Sure thing ! .. once you are in town .. let me know cheesy
Re: Where Did Your Parent Warned You Not To Marry From And Why? by Bola146(f): 3:46am On Oct 31, 2019
TFLAME:

Sure thing ! .. once you are in town .. let me know cheesy
I'm in Oyo state, still expecting it cheesy
Re: Where Did Your Parent Warned You Not To Marry From And Why? by TFLAME(m): 3:49am On Oct 31, 2019
Bola146:

I'm in Oyo state, still expecting it cheesy

Eat Amala joor . Hot amala grin . Anytime you visit ilesa then . I can’t waybill pounded yam cheesy the driver will eat it

1 Like

Re: Where Did Your Parent Warned You Not To Marry From And Why? by Bola146(f): 3:58am On Oct 31, 2019
TFLAME:

Eat Amala joor . Hot amala grin . Anytime you visit ilesa then . I can’t waybill pounded yam cheesy the driver will eat it

grin grin grin
Re: Where Did Your Parent Warned You Not To Marry From And Why? by bdchange(m): 4:54am On Oct 31, 2019
I have read all the comments from first page to this one here and all I see is my parents say this and that. This is modern age and so many things has change yet some people still take it upon themselves to still leave in the past. How can your parents decide who a grown up woman or man should marry? All tribes have wicked people for sure and no tribe is excluded from bad behaviours. Your experienced with people you meet should determine who you marry not your parents or someone else. That person who is good to your parent is worst to another person in the same clan and conditions. What is racism if not what I just read all through these comments. Hmmmm

10 Likes

Re: Where Did Your Parent Warned You Not To Marry From And Why? by Nobody: 5:04am On Oct 31, 2019
Pchidexy:
I guess you are the illiterate fool! Stereotypes are held on to by illiterate people and hateful people like you. You are not better than anyone. Nairaland, a faceless forum,gives everyone fool a chance to form boss
Form boss? Are u sure u even okay upstairs? Is that what u could deduce from my post? Abeg some get it twisted biko
Re: Where Did Your Parent Warned You Not To Marry From And Why? by bdchange(m): 5:05am On Oct 31, 2019
Right from my birth I have heard the saying you leave a snake and kill an mbaise person.haba what is evil than this? And some people believe this. Some even say igbos eat people..lolz..another say Yorubas don't take care of their wives. Another says ilaje people are wicked. Edo people are fetish and diabolical.hahha. what more have I not heard. I have dealt with different tribes to know that there are good and bad people from each tribes. So my parents dare not even tell me where to marry from. They should be concern about my happiness, that's all. The worst part is that most of these parents claims to be Christians and Muslims and still hold this beliefs. Yet they claim to know God and serve but never heed his words when it comes to certain things...simply hypocrisy.. What a selfish parents most of us have

4 Likes

Re: Where Did Your Parent Warned You Not To Marry From And Why? by bdchange(m): 5:09am On Oct 31, 2019
AwkaetitiBabe:
Form boss? Are u sure u even okay upstairs? Is that what u could deduce from my post? Abeg some get it twisted biko
Both of you can still share different opinion without insult. I find it disturbing when two mature people can't discuss in peace..
Re: Where Did Your Parent Warned You Not To Marry From And Why? by OOSmilling(m): 5:10am On Oct 31, 2019
vicben27:
l can't imagine my self marrying from any other tribe. my mom and dad never had any serious marital issues in good times and in bad times. they are both from the same tribe, that is the secret to happiness and peace of mind if both parties are understanding. Soo l can only marry from my tribe, l'm currently engaged we are both from the same Village God will always give us our heart desires if be seek Him diligently
AMEN

1 Like

Re: Where Did Your Parent Warned You Not To Marry From And Why? by bdchange(m): 5:11am On Oct 31, 2019
Pchidexy:
Must you call her a fool to prove your points? Just dish out your own opinion and move on..is that too hard to do..haba

3 Likes

Re: Where Did Your Parent Warned You Not To Marry From And Why? by bdchange(m): 5:18am On Oct 31, 2019
goldony:

It is Ur state girls that are olosho. Anambra ladies are business minded, super intelligent, homely, always beautiful with good height, that is why most Anambra men prefer marrying their women. When U want to intimidate them,they can dare you.
You are the one spewing trash here, I know 5 imo state guys in oil company that refused marrying their imo state girls before they were transferred to work abroad.
grin grin this is what i am talking about. You had to attack all his people because he did the stereotype thing. Imagine calling all anambra people oloshos even when he is yet to meet one tenth of their population. People are full of surprises..

1 Like

Re: Where Did Your Parent Warned You Not To Marry From And Why? by nisai: 7:05am On Oct 31, 2019
Fountainofyouth:

Gospel truth!!!
Haba grin grin grin grin Ogun state and Yoruba!
Re: Where Did Your Parent Warned You Not To Marry From And Why? by Nobody: 7:19am On Oct 31, 2019
ijoba22:
don't bother yourself about Fulani, they date you either not to talk of marriage

See this mofo... You dey cover the shame of your people... If I wan marry 50 Fulani ladies for kebbi, kaduna , Abuja etc I go marry... Most of your Fulani ladies no get level..... They are the easiest to marry among any tribe in Nigeria....

One of the northern governor recently did mass wedding... Nah only Fulani land Dem dey do mass wedding.... You come here come dey form too-difficult-to-get...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

'My Boobs Is The Most Sexiest' Beautiful Model Says As She Shares New Pics/video / Having Sex With Your Cousin Is NOT A SIN!! / Straight Talk: Just For Women : Advice Men On Anything

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.