Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,899 members, 7,802,906 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:55 AM

My Brother Abeg Leave Emeka, You Don't Know What He's Going Through - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Brother Abeg Leave Emeka, You Don't Know What He's Going Through (982 Views)

What Nigerians Travelling To Dubai Are Going Through At Cotonou Airport / The Challenges He's Going Through Working At A Call Center In Canada / Christian Emeka Ibeagwa Dies In U.S.A. Do You Know Him? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Brother Abeg Leave Emeka, You Don't Know What He's Going Through by Enemyofpeace: 1:32am On Oct 30, 2019
My Brother Abeg Leave Emeka, You Don't Know What He's Going Through In Abroad.

I met with my friend Emeka this evening. He was very worried as we were drinking beer at an African restaurant.
I asked him what was the problem. He kept quiet. After his 2nd bottle of Gulder beer, he opened up.
In January, his cousin wanted to come to UK so he sent his cousin an invitation letter and his 3 months payslips to enable him get visa to come to UK.
From his payslip, his cousin saw that Emeka's salary is £4900 monthly. He converted it to naira as 2.4 million naira monthly. So to him, Emeka has no reason not to help him and other friends financially. After all on top of that, he sees Emeka's cars and house on Facebook. To him Emeka is living the dream life.
What he doesn't know is that every month Emeka pays mortgage on his house for £1000, he pays £300 for his car, pays car insurance of £140, council tax of £130, pays £700, £500 and £500 as school fees for his 3 children, he pay gas and electricity £140, pays home insurance of £35, pays £40, £29 for mobile phone for himself and wife, pays £100 for Internet and TV subscription, pays £200 for his wife's car, he buys petrol of £200 and £120 for his car and wife's car, he pays £120 for private lessons for the children.
Now this is a steady and compulsory £4254 out going from his £4900 salary. That leaves Emeka with £646 monthly.
From this £646 remaining, his family will do food and grocery shopping of more than £100 every weekend which is about £400.
Emeka is left with £246. It is from this £246 that he will pay for this Gulder he is drinking at £5 a bottle, he will buy toys for children from there.
Meanwhile for your information, by the standards here and every other developed country, Emeka has a very good professional and well paying job.
When his cousin who is in Nigeria ask him for money and he does not give, they say he is a wicked stingy man.
After listening to Emeka, I paid for his beer and the one plate of isiewu (goat head) (goat head is £20) that we ate.
Instead of going home with a taxi, I decided to use the bus to save some money.
Please my brother leave Emeka.
You won't understand!!!!.

Credit : Enyinnaya Nwosu

https://therepublicannews.net

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Brother Abeg Leave Emeka, You Don't Know What He's Going Through by obidark: 2:06am On Oct 30, 2019
Enemyofpeace:
My Brother Abeg Leave Emeka, You Don't Know What He's Going Through In Abroad.

I met with my friend Emeka this evening. He was very worried as we were drinking beer at an African restaurant.
I asked him what was the problem. He kept quiet. After his 2nd bottle of Gulder beer, he opened up.
In January, his cousin wanted to come to UK so he sent his cousin an invitation letter and his 3 months payslips to enable him get visa to come to UK.
From his payslip, his cousin saw that Emeka's salary is £4900 monthly. He converted it to naira as 2.4 million naira monthly. So to him, Emeka has no reason not to help him and other friends financially. After all on top of that, he sees Emeka's cars and house on Facebook. To him Emeka is living the dream life.
What he doesn't know is that every month Emeka pays mortgage on his house for £1000, he pays £300 for his car, pays car insurance of £140, council tax of £130, pays £700, £500 and £500 as school fees for his 3 children, he pay gas and electricity £140, pays home insurance of £35, pays £40, £29 for mobile phone for himself and wife, pays £100 for Internet and TV subscription, pays £200 for his wife's car, he buys petrol of £200 and £120 for his car and wife's car, he pays £120 for private lessons for the children.
Now this is a steady and compulsory £4254 out going from his £4900 salary. That leaves Emeka with £646 monthly.
From this £646 remaining, his family will do food and grocery shopping of more than £100 every weekend which is about £400.
Emeka is left with £246. It is from this £246 that he will pay for this Gulder he is drinking at £5 a bottle, he will buy toys for children from there.
Meanwhile for your information, by the standards here and every other developed country, Emeka has a very good professional and well paying job.
When his cousin who is in Nigeria ask him for money and he does not give, they say he is a wicked stingy man.
After listening to Emeka, I paid for his beer and the one plate of isiewu (goat head) (goat head is £20) that we ate.
Instead of going home with a taxi, I decided to use the bus to save some money.
Please my brother leave Emeka.
You won't understand!!!!.

Credit : Enyinnaya Nwosu

https://therepublicannews.net

nigerians know this fact,but greed will always make them forget or even worse,do you harm....
Re: My Brother Abeg Leave Emeka, You Don't Know What He's Going Through by Realtizzy(m): 3:22am On Oct 30, 2019
inside life in united kingdom
Re: My Brother Abeg Leave Emeka, You Don't Know What He's Going Through by Dmanlex(m): 3:26am On Oct 30, 2019
Thats why some Nigerians want to become rich over night because of pressure at home. This will lead them to risky section of making fast money like drugs dealings and scams

1 Like

Re: My Brother Abeg Leave Emeka, You Don't Know What He's Going Through by rex444(m): 8:36am On Oct 30, 2019
nice breakdown and that's exactly how it runs ..buh ofcos everyone has turned selfish ears only seeking for personal satisfaction
Re: My Brother Abeg Leave Emeka, You Don't Know What He's Going Through by Jay5mie: 9:25am On Oct 30, 2019
Liar! Liar!...so Emeka's wife is not working to be able to support the family bills? Pay her utility bills? Help in grocery? See lie....you, Emeka, the family members are all liars.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Get To Epe From Abeokuta. / Fg Asks Airlines To Prepare For Resumption Of International Flights / Information Please

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.