Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,628 members, 7,801,816 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:19 AM

Appearances Are Deceptive: Meeting Old Classmate By Ademola Henry Adigun - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Appearances Are Deceptive: Meeting Old Classmate By Ademola Henry Adigun (39088 Views)

Nigerian Man Married His Secondary School Classmate (See Photos) / Tijani Adigun Adeagbo: My Dad Is Missing / Things You Should Not Do When Meeting Your Partner's Parents For The First Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Appearances Are Deceptive: Meeting Old Classmate By Ademola Henry Adigun by djon78(m): 12:05pm On Oct 30, 2019
MiniImportation:
Bro kiss you moved me to tears, that's one of the beauty of life, people that are made (I mean Really Made) not the likes of Mompha,Hushpuppy,Bnaira hardly appear Classy , the new money finish quickly while old money endure for ages. Am Humbled and Inspire

Word!!!!
People that show off most times are very empty. While those with real money don't show off.
Anybody that wants to go far in life should be low key

2 Likes

Re: Appearances Are Deceptive: Meeting Old Classmate By Ademola Henry Adigun by Harlem2(m): 12:07pm On Oct 30, 2019
People hate this sha

2 Likes

Re: Appearances Are Deceptive: Meeting Old Classmate By Ademola Henry Adigun by sirjoe1124(m): 12:09pm On Oct 30, 2019
post=83580362:

We had not seen each other for about 30 years. The Lord has been kind to me. When I saw him again - this time at a hotel lobby - he was looking simple. He wore simple Ankara attire. I felt touched. He walked up to me and was glad to see me again. But deep within me I was not impressed with his status compared to mine and poor me, I couldn't hide it. We exchanged contact details and I could see the joy in him as he collected mine.

I told him I will drop him home in my brand new Range Rover and I pointed it to him. He declined and said he had already called for his car. It looked old, a 2001 Honda Accord.

I invited him the next day for lunch at my house. A part of me wanted to impress him - To show off my success and affluence to him, while another was to discuss opportunities and possibly help him.

He drove to Parkview where I lived. He looked impressed with my home. I had taken a heavy mortgage. In fact I was heavily in debt. We had lunch. He told me he was into small business and particularly real estate. I brought up more business discussions, but he didn't sound too interested. I asked him how I could help him. He said he was fine. I even told him if he was interested, I could help him secure some loans... He looked at me and smiled.

He told me he would invite me over soon to his place. His old car came for him. I was grateful to God for what I had. “Fingers are not all equal”, I thought to myself...I was lucky. I worked in a good place.

Two weeks later, we went to see him in Ikeja. My wife and I. She was reluctant to go because she was not impressed with the man's status as to warrant our visiting him in his house. I was able to convince her that we were close friends in college. We saw the Estate. *Wuraola Estate.* We asked for directions to his home. Those leading us spoke his name with deference.

It was a simple but lovely home. A 4 bedroom bungalow. I saw 4 cars parked in front. We entered his home. It was simply elegant with a touch of class inside. He welcomed us warmly.

Lunch was well served. His wife called him Baba Wuraola

During lunch, he asked about my MD. He said they were friends. I saw a company gift on one of his tables nearby. That company owned about 38% shares where I worked. I enquired from him about it. He smiled. He told me he owned the company. He also owned the estate.

I did not know when I called him sir... I was in awe of him too.

I had learnt a lesson in humility - A big one. Appearances are deceptive. He noticed my discomfort.

Driving back home, I was very quiet. My wife was humbled and extremely calm. I could perceive the thoughts in her mind. I looked at myself. Living on loans, heavy loans and showing off while someone who pays my salary is quite modest and living a simple life!
Indeed Deeper Rivers Flow In Majestic Silence!
Re: Appearances Are Deceptive: Meeting Old Classmate By Ademola Henry Adigun by sirjoe1124(m): 12:13pm On Oct 30, 2019
post=83580362:

We had not seen each other for about 30 years. The Lord has been kind to me. When I saw him again - this time at a hotel lobby - he was looking simple. He wore simple Ankara attire. I felt touched. He walked up to me and was glad to see me again. But deep within me I was not impressed with his status compared to mine and poor me, I couldn't hide it. We exchanged contact details and I could see the joy in him as he collected mine.

I told him I will drop him home in my brand new Range Rover and I pointed it to him. He declined and said he had already called for his car. It looked old, a 2001 Honda Accord.
Is it your BMC job that got u a brand new Range Rover

I invited him the next day for lunch at my house. A part of me wanted to impress him - To show off my success and affluence to him, while another was to discuss opportunities and possibly help him.

He drove to Parkview where I lived. He looked impressed with my home. I had taken a heavy mortgage. In fact I was heavily in debt. We had lunch. He told me he was into small business and particularly real estate. I brought up more business discussions, but he didn't sound too interested. I asked him how I could help him. He said he was fine. I even told him if he was interested, I could help him secure some loans... He looked at me and smiled.

He told me he would invite me over soon to his place. His old car came for him. I was grateful to God for what I had. “Fingers are not all equal”, I thought to myself...I was lucky. I worked in a good place.

Two weeks later, we went to see him in Ikeja. My wife and I. She was reluctant to go because she was not impressed with the man's status as to warrant our visiting him in his house. I was able to convince her that we were close friends in college. We saw the Estate. *Wuraola Estate.* We asked for directions to his home. Those leading us spoke his name with deference.

It was a simple but lovely home. A 4 bedroom bungalow. I saw 4 cars parked in front. We entered his home. It was simply elegant with a touch of class inside. He welcomed us warmly.

During lunch, he asked about my MD. He said they were friends. I saw a company gift on one of his tables nearby. That company owned about 38% shares where I worked. I enquired from him about it. He smiled. He told me he owned the company. He also owned the estate.

I had learnt a lesson in humility - A big one. Appearances are deceptive. He noticed my discomfort.

Driving back home, I was very quiet. My wife was humbled and extremely calm. I could perceive the thoughts in her mind. I looked at myself. Living on loans, heavy loans and showing off while someone who pays my salary is quite modest and living a simple life!
Indeed Deeper Rivers Flow In Majestic Silence! [/quote]
Re: Appearances Are Deceptive: Meeting Old Classmate By Ademola Henry Adigun by MrPresident1: 12:14pm On Oct 30, 2019
You like the cool story from America?
modelmike7:
..and your own dead wailing brain has not told you to make a thread out of this good story since you know the source.
Ass lickers of thieves attacking the messenger and ignoring the beautiful message by .
Una go just dey carry una body odour everywhere!
She is definitely all of you nightmare in life. losers in pains. keep doing your thing. I am with you.
Re: Appearances Are Deceptive: Meeting Old Classmate By Ademola Henry Adigun by Saintp(m): 12:21pm On Oct 30, 2019
Harlem2:
People hate this sha

The guy is an empty brain. His olodo and stupidity is the highest ever seen on nairaland.

When I read it, I instantly knew there is no how on this earth that he can put that writing together. He doesn't have that capability. To confirm how stupid and corrupt he is, he couldn't acknowledge the original writer.

Now when it was pointed out to him, a sensible person would have apologized and added the source but his empty brain will not allow him do that

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Appearances Are Deceptive: Meeting Old Classmate By Ademola Henry Adigun by MANNABBQGRILLS: 12:22pm On Oct 30, 2019
Good to see this thread is shaping lives.....

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Appearances Are Deceptive: Meeting Old Classmate By Ademola Henry Adigun by Harlem2(m): 12:26pm On Oct 30, 2019
Saintp:

The guy is an empty brain. His olodo and stupidity is the highest ever seen on nairaland.

When I read it, I instantly knew there is no how on this earth that he can put that writing together. He doesn't have that capability. To confirm how stupid and corrupt he is, he couldn't acknowledge the original writer.

Now when it was pointed out to him, a sensible person would have apologized and added the source but his empty brain will not allow him do that

grin grin
But am still observing the guy
Re: Appearances Are Deceptive: Meeting Old Classmate By Ademola Henry Adigun by obajoey(m): 12:38pm On Oct 30, 2019
A quiet and modest life is a peaceful life.

1 Like

Re: Appearances Are Deceptive: Meeting Old Classmate By Ademola Henry Adigun by TemmyT002(m): 12:45pm On Oct 30, 2019
Amazing
Re: Appearances Are Deceptive: Meeting Old Classmate By Ademola Henry Adigun by UnknownQueen(f): 12:47pm On Oct 30, 2019
rexbuton:

Bearing in mind that ass-licking the govt is what characterizes the majority of your posts, it didn't come as a surprise that this reasonable one was stolen..

Please post the author's name at the top, in CAPS... Post thief

BUSTED.... U SHOULD WORK AS A DETECTIVE IN ONE OF THE ENFORCEMENT AGENCIES..

BY THE WAY, I KNEW THE GUY NO GET RANGE ROVER.

3 Likes

Re: Appearances Are Deceptive: Meeting Old Classmate By Ademola Henry Adigun by Alore: 12:48pm On Oct 30, 2019
post=83591037:

This is a good story with a great lesson to learn; but please acknowledge the source of your story. Posting a written material as if it is your own is dishonesty. And even if it is your original story, you still need to reference it because I have read this story somewhere else before now. Please do the right thing and don't ignore it.

3 Likes

Re: Appearances Are Deceptive: Meeting Old Classmate By Ademola Henry Adigun by safarigirl(f): 1:01pm On Oct 30, 2019
Seun, lalasticlala and other interested parties, I have reported the Original Post for plagiarism.

The poster is not remorseful and has vehemently refused to give due acknowledgment to the brilliant mind that came up with the story. That contravenes Rule 9 of this Website and such a post, no matter how good and educational, should not be allowed to stand, because it is theft of intellectual property.

For once, take this site seriously and stop promoting thieves and scammers here.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Appearances Are Deceptive: Meeting Old Classmate By Ademola Henry Adigun by dykedarlyn(m): 1:01pm On Oct 30, 2019
post=83580362:

Oga you copied this story from Quora and edited the locations

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Appearances Are Deceptive: Meeting Old Classmate By Ademola Henry Adigun by AkpaAmu99: 1:04pm On Oct 30, 2019
[s]
post=83591037:
[/s]
Re: Appearances Are Deceptive: Meeting Old Classmate By Ademola Henry Adigun by Jahskid24(m): 1:05pm On Oct 30, 2019
oh my!!
this post is really worthy of front page
Re: Appearances Are Deceptive: Meeting Old Classmate By Ademola Henry Adigun by AkpaAmu99: 1:12pm On Oct 30, 2019
[s]
helinues:
Simplicity is a bae jor.

Still a learner though
[/s]
Re: Appearances Are Deceptive: Meeting Old Classmate By Ademola Henry Adigun by Alanzazani: 1:15pm On Oct 30, 2019
blackboy:
Story!! Who will own a big estate and a major share in a big company and still be riding a 2001 car? Just dont add up. Very wrong. Even if one cant buy the latest car but something 2010 upward for safety n comfort. Its not luxury but the right thing to do.

I have a friend that has built 4 2-bedroom flats and 3 self contained rooms.

He drives a battered 1986 honda accord. It depends on what you deem proority

2 Likes

Re: Appearances Are Deceptive: Meeting Old Classmate By Ademola Henry Adigun by Mekanus(m): 1:24pm On Oct 30, 2019
post=83591037:
Get the fvck outta here jare!! Copy cat dead meat seller. Buhari's ass licker

2 Likes

Re: Appearances Are Deceptive: Meeting Old Classmate By Ademola Henry Adigun by NigeriaEngineer(m): 1:32pm On Oct 30, 2019
You are my nairaland man of the year... Let's not be fooled, so many fake life out there. Godliness with contentment is great gain hate....
post=83580362:

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Appearances Are Deceptive: Meeting Old Classmate By Ademola Henry Adigun by litaninja(m): 1:44pm On Oct 30, 2019
How many times will you people recycle this story?

post=83580362:

2 Likes

Re: Appearances Are Deceptive: Meeting Old Classmate By Ademola Henry Adigun by Nobody: 1:57pm On Oct 30, 2019
rexbuton:

Bearing in mind that ass-licking the govt is what characterizes the majority of your posts, it didn't come as a surprise that this reasonable one was stolen..

Please post the author's name at the top, in CAPS... Post thief

Me I know say him no get brand new range rover sport as he wrote... You just did plagiarism @manabgrills... Thanks @rexbuton for bringing the original post... Na u be the celeb here..

@the bolded... You will live long...

2 Likes

Re: Appearances Are Deceptive: Meeting Old Classmate By Ademola Henry Adigun by Nobody: 2:09pm On Oct 30, 2019
Offpoint:
The moment I read 5 lines, I know the deadbeef seller IQ isn't capable of writing such a piece.
He wanted to look smart without crediting the original Author.... But I know even in the dream land, he can't produce such content.

Now I know even the deadbeef he sold he actually stole them.

Lol... I was surprised too...
Re: Appearances Are Deceptive: Meeting Old Classmate By Ademola Henry Adigun by Nobody: 2:24pm On Oct 30, 2019
post=83580362:

It looks like a movie, i didn't miss any word of it. I love this, nairaland should have more of this post.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Appearances Are Deceptive: Meeting Old Classmate By Ademola Henry Adigun by pacespot(m): 2:24pm On Oct 30, 2019
Your wife was reluctant to go with you after learning about his status, women and money sha sad

1 Like

Re: Appearances Are Deceptive: Meeting Old Classmate By Ademola Henry Adigun by Nobody: 2:26pm On Oct 30, 2019
post=83591037:

Just have sense... That's all we ask...
Re: Appearances Are Deceptive: Meeting Old Classmate By Ademola Henry Adigun by CoolJul: 2:29pm On Oct 30, 2019
ok lemme go han read the thread that is moving ppl to tears so...brb wollup! wollup!
Re: Appearances Are Deceptive: Meeting Old Classmate By Ademola Henry Adigun by Americanboy35: 2:42pm On Oct 30, 2019
Wetin mannabbq do people wey make dem no like am at all? Guy you self should change Nw, Haba!!!

3 Likes

Re: Appearances Are Deceptive: Meeting Old Classmate By Ademola Henry Adigun by Nobody: 2:46pm On Oct 30, 2019
post=83580362:

This made my day. Thanks.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Appearances Are Deceptive: Meeting Old Classmate By Ademola Henry Adigun by Davefate: 3:22pm On Oct 30, 2019
Great lesson here, awesomely inspiring!
Re: Appearances Are Deceptive: Meeting Old Classmate By Ademola Henry Adigun by Remzii(m): 3:26pm On Oct 30, 2019
Dont judge others by d way u live your life
Re: Appearances Are Deceptive: Meeting Old Classmate By Ademola Henry Adigun by lalasticlala(m): 4:00pm On Oct 30, 2019
safarigirl:
Seun, lalasticlala and other interested parties, I have reported the Original Post for plagiarism.

The poster is not remorseful and has vehemently refused to give due acknowledgment to the brilliant mind that came up with the story. That contravenes Rule 9 of this Website and such a post, no matter how good and educational, should not be allowed to stand, because it is theft of intellectual property.

For once, take this site seriously and stop promoting thieves and scammers here.

Kindly drop the link to where he copied it from so I can add the link. Thanks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Housewives Bathe Each Other With Hot Water Over Lover (photos) / Why Do Most People Love Their Mother More Than Father? / My Sister Married An Efulefu. What Should She Do?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.