Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,745 members, 7,802,275 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:51 AM

Arsenal To Offer Counseling To 'Devastated' Xhaka After Confrontation With Fans - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Arsenal To Offer Counseling To 'Devastated' Xhaka After Confrontation With Fans (15141 Views)

Victor Osimhen Celebrates With Fans (Video) / Falconets Celebrate With Fans After Defeating France At FIFA U20 World Cup (Vid) / Liverpool Players Put Coach On Their Shoulder And Dragged To Celebrate With Fans (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Arsenal To Offer Counseling To 'Devastated' Xhaka After Confrontation With Fans by ogbiwa: 6:33am On Oct 30, 2019
Arsenal will offer counselling to captain Granit Xhaka after his angry confrontation with home fans during Sunday's 2-2 draw with Crystal Palace.

The Swiss midfielder was booed while he walked off the pitch, prompting him to cup his ear, walk past boss Unai Emery and storm down the tunnel.

Emery said: "He is upset, devastated and very sad.

"It is not only yesterday and today. He is feeling the supporters don't like him."

The Gunners manager said he did not want to speak about whether Xhaka may lose the captaincy.

"His behaviour was perfect in training [on Tuesday], with the group and with the club.

He knows he was wrong. He feels it inside very deeply," said Emery.

Emery said Xhaka should apologise to fans, but added: "I don't need his apology.

Because I know he is devastated, we can speak about all the situation but first it's him.

"He is now very down and we need to support him.

"My ideal future is to watch again Xhaka playing and every supporter supporting him. I don't know if I can or will achieve it but this is my ideal.

"Also for him it's the same but also I think we need now to be calm step by step so we can progress."

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/50229350

Re: Arsenal To Offer Counseling To 'Devastated' Xhaka After Confrontation With Fans by ogbiwa: 6:33am On Oct 30, 2019
I don't support fans booing their own player for any reason but then again, Emery should have dropped Xhaka from the team before now. The guy is not good enough and even the fans can see it.

Also, I feel the poor handling of the Ozil situation by Emery could lead to his downfall at the club. Your highest paid player has only played twice this season and you feel you don't owe the fans an explanation as to why, and it's the fans' money that is contributing to paying the player's huge salary.

61 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Arsenal To Offer Counseling To 'Devastated' Xhaka After Confrontation With Fans by KIDfurniture(m): 12:00pm On Oct 30, 2019
:o7
Re: Arsenal To Offer Counseling To 'Devastated' Xhaka After Confrontation With Fans by chibu4u2(m): 12:00pm On Oct 30, 2019
Not just xhaka, every single Arsenal fan by default needs counseling.
The stress of being one is just too much.

53 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arsenal To Offer Counseling To 'Devastated' Xhaka After Confrontation With Fans by KIDfurniture(m): 12:00pm On Oct 30, 2019
:P7
Re: Arsenal To Offer Counseling To 'Devastated' Xhaka After Confrontation With Fans by mamanotinspoil3: 12:01pm On Oct 30, 2019
You are a footballer in a European league, not a Nigerian politician. If you don't perform well they will boo and insult you. Stop forming sad and devastated, just do your job. undecided undecided

We have used office items at giveaway prices. Sofa set, inverter, furniture and more. Check them out: https://www.nairaland.com/5472126/used-office-items-clearance-sales

1 Like

Re: Arsenal To Offer Counseling To 'Devastated' Xhaka After Confrontation With Fans by PheelzAlmighty: 12:01pm On Oct 30, 2019
Anything Arsenal disgusts me embarassed

Worst time to be a gunner sad

7 Likes

Re: Arsenal To Offer Counseling To 'Devastated' Xhaka After Confrontation With Fans by vicdom(m): 12:01pm On Oct 30, 2019
grin cheesy

Re: Arsenal To Offer Counseling To 'Devastated' Xhaka After Confrontation With Fans by Yhukay00: 12:02pm On Oct 30, 2019
Mtcheeew. Xhaka, unai and everybody at Arsenal are mad.

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal To Offer Counseling To 'Devastated' Xhaka After Confrontation With Fans by Jh0wsef(m): 12:02pm On Oct 30, 2019
Hm

Re: Arsenal To Offer Counseling To 'Devastated' Xhaka After Confrontation With Fans by Angelfrost(m): 12:03pm On Oct 30, 2019
ogbiwa:
I don't support fans booing their own player for any reason but then again, Emery should have dropped Xhaka from the team before now. The guy is not good enough and even the fans can see it.

Also, I feel the poor handling of the Ozil situation by Emery could lead to his downfall at the club. Your highest paid player has only played twice this season and you feel you don't owe the fans an explanation as to why, and it's the fans' money that is contributing to paying the player's huge salary.

Emery is an unmitigated disaster... Wenger should have been replaced with someone far better... Someone in the class of Allegri, Ancelloti, Enrique, or the current Ajax coach.

7 Likes

Re: Arsenal To Offer Counseling To 'Devastated' Xhaka After Confrontation With Fans by Passionate888: 12:04pm On Oct 30, 2019
Ok
Re: Arsenal To Offer Counseling To 'Devastated' Xhaka After Confrontation With Fans by Kluez(m): 12:04pm On Oct 30, 2019
lipsrsealed perplexed
Re: Arsenal To Offer Counseling To 'Devastated' Xhaka After Confrontation With Fans by Lamasta(m): 12:04pm On Oct 30, 2019
Lets pray for Arsenal they need redemption cos their glory has been taken over by CITY grin

As for Xhaka he should just bury his head in shame, a captain that cannot hold his cool is that one a leader?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Arsenal To Offer Counseling To 'Devastated' Xhaka After Confrontation With Fans by Rahyberg(m): 12:04pm On Oct 30, 2019
How Xhaka manages to become the Team Captain still amazed me.. The guy performance is below average since last season..

F**k all Arsenal Team..

#COYG

1 Like

Re: Arsenal To Offer Counseling To 'Devastated' Xhaka After Confrontation With Fans by Kingpele(m): 12:05pm On Oct 30, 2019
[quote author=PheelzAlmighty post=83590443]Anything Arsenal disgusts me embarassed

Worst time to be a gunner my dear any one that support Arsenal is indeed a patient one, very boring, I watched them on Sunday blew clear two goals led,. Then I had to thank God am a Liverpool fan

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal To Offer Counseling To 'Devastated' Xhaka After Confrontation With Fans by Nicklaus619(m): 12:05pm On Oct 30, 2019
Ungrateful fans, some y'all take football too serious not knowing people feelings get hurt in the process, booing him does not make any difference when match has ended already

10 Likes

Re: Arsenal To Offer Counseling To 'Devastated' Xhaka After Confrontation With Fans by Nicklaus619(m): 12:06pm On Oct 30, 2019
Angelfrost:

Emery is an unmitigated disaster... Wenger should have been replaced with someone far better... Someone in the class of Allegri, Ancelloti, Enrique, or the current Ajax coach.

Oil dey ya head bro
Re: Arsenal To Offer Counseling To 'Devastated' Xhaka After Confrontation With Fans by festacman(m): 12:06pm On Oct 30, 2019
How can anybody not boo a club captain who refuses to recognize that his club needs every minutes of the remaining match period to win a match by walking like a pregnant woman when he was substituted. Would any player try that in Juventus, Real Madrid or Barcelona. Of course not. They know that Arsenal offers players no pressure. Well the fans are changing all that now, demanding more from players. Granit Xhaka deserves to be booed and booed again. Zero passion. Zero sense of urgency. Nonsense.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arsenal To Offer Counseling To 'Devastated' Xhaka After Confrontation With Fans by MANNABBQGRILLS: 12:08pm On Oct 30, 2019
They want to make Xhaka a scapegoat for their woeful performance.

Poor Xhaka!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Arsenal To Offer Counseling To 'Devastated' Xhaka After Confrontation With Fans by Tonymegabush1(m): 12:13pm On Oct 30, 2019
And to make matters worst going to anfield when liverpool has smoke really high mmmmmmmmmm back 2 back disappointment

Re: Arsenal To Offer Counseling To 'Devastated' Xhaka After Confrontation With Fans by Vision2ae: 12:20pm On Oct 30, 2019
Re: Arsenal To Offer Counseling To 'Devastated' Xhaka After Confrontation With Fans by geepawps(m): 12:23pm On Oct 30, 2019
post=83590642:

Poor Xhaka!

He is just not good enough, fans will naturally pick on any player that doesn't play. I have lost count of Xhaka's errors that have led to a goal.

7 Likes

Re: Arsenal To Offer Counseling To 'Devastated' Xhaka After Confrontation With Fans by DonBenny77(m): 12:24pm On Oct 30, 2019
Arsenal fans in England are only good in abusing and booing players. They don't motivate or cheer to create an intimidating atmosphere for opponents.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal To Offer Counseling To 'Devastated' Xhaka After Confrontation With Fans by sammyj: 12:24pm On Oct 30, 2019
Arsenal fans don't like all their players. They pay to watch the matches and should vent their anger if they not getting value for their monies grin not like Man U fans whey dey always doll themselves!!! shocked shocked

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arsenal To Offer Counseling To 'Devastated' Xhaka After Confrontation With Fans by geepawps(m): 12:26pm On Oct 30, 2019
Rahyberg:
How Xhaka manage to become the Tram Captain still amazed me.. The guy performance is below average since last season..

F**k all Arsenal Team..

#COYG

Not last season alone boss, since he joined Arsenal he has been below average. Just a few show of brilliance once in a while, his sideways and backwards passing is second to none. The coach needs to start him from the bench.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arsenal To Offer Counseling To 'Devastated' Xhaka After Confrontation With Fans by ksly24(m): 12:29pm On Oct 30, 2019
post=83590642:

Poor Xhaka!

5 Likes

Re: Arsenal To Offer Counseling To 'Devastated' Xhaka After Confrontation With Fans by ksly24(m): 12:30pm On Oct 30, 2019
post=83590642:

Poor Xhaka!
where did you keep your sense.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Kalu Eke Onwuka: FG Treated Me Unfairly Despite Winning Several Medals / Cyriel Dessers And Paul Onuachu Score To Help Genk Open Season With Victory / Asisat Oshoala Wins UEFA Champions League Goal Of The Week

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.