Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,055 members, 7,807,170 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:39 AM

Believe Me.it Floods In London Like Nigeria (pics) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Believe Me.it Floods In London Like Nigeria (pics) (1530 Views)

See this Hilarious "Road Bump" Spotted In Nigeria (pics) / Floods In Jeremi, Where Utorogu Gas Plant Is Located / Heavy Floods In Lokoja Displace Hundreds Of People, Submerge Houses (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Believe Me.it Floods In London Like Nigeria (pics) by eherbal(m): 8:57am On Oct 30, 2019
Pictures showing heavily flooded London streets. It's a global situation

1 Share

Re: Believe Me.it Floods In London Like Nigeria (pics) by GraGra247(m): 9:12am On Oct 30, 2019
No not like in Nigeria.

1. Nigerian flood "always" happens because of permanent all year round blocked drainages that makes any little rainfall turn to flood.

British or American flood happens due to a hurricane or a major storm that happens once in a very long stretch of time.

2. Nigerian flooding catastrophe and its root cause are never monitored or corrected by the authorities. Hence its a regular occurrence everyone is used to once the rains begin.

British and western flooding are corrected in record time. Flooding rarely occur in the same place because measures are taken to prevent re-occurance. There is regular weather monitoring and data and notices before an unpreventable flood even occurs. Evacuations too when necessary.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Believe Me.it Floods In London Like Nigeria (pics) by MrBrownJay1(m): 9:29am On Oct 30, 2019
it floods ALL OVER THE WORLD

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Believe Me.it Floods In London Like Nigeria (pics) by eherbal(m): 9:35am On Oct 30, 2019
GraGra247:
No not like in Nigeria.

1. Nigerian flood "always" happens because of permanent all year round blocked drainages that makes any little rainfall turn to flood.

British or American flood happens due to a hurricane or a major storm that happens once in a very long stretch of time.
Bros, this one you dey see so,na rain.your analysis is flawed.it floods in London bro undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Believe Me.it Floods In London Like Nigeria (pics) by QuizSavvy: 9:50am On Oct 30, 2019
And no single PET bottle in sight

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Believe Me.it Floods In London Like Nigeria (pics) by GraGra247(m): 9:54am On Oct 30, 2019
eherbal:
Bros, this one you dey see so,na rain.your analysis is flawed.it floods in London bro undecided

No my analysis is not flawed nothing. I have relatives and friends in London and the UK spanning 20 years and nobody has reported a "regular" flood in London. Mark the work "regular" because flooding in London is very rare.

Besides you might even be the first in Nairaland to report such case while there are numerous nairalanders living in U.k and London in particular.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Believe Me.it Floods In London Like Nigeria (pics) by Mizwisdom(f): 1:26pm On Oct 30, 2019
GraGra247:
No not like in Nigeria.

2. Nigerian flooding catastrophe and its root cause are never monitored or corrected by the authorities. Hence its a regular occurrence everyone is used to once the rains begin.

British and western flooding are corrected in record time. Flooding rarely occur in the same place because measures are taken to prevent re-occurance. There is regular weather monitoring and data and notices before an unpreventable flood even occurs. Evacuations too when necessary.

You're making excuse for foreign flood because you live there or because they are controlled by Whites who can do no wrong? is there any country where flood is not experienced? especially in a coastal area like Lagos? simply educating yourself will solve 99% of your problems, everything isn't about gathering like on Nairaland, read to learn and learn to read

2 Likes

Re: Believe Me.it Floods In London Like Nigeria (pics) by Suspectzero(m): 2:37pm On Oct 30, 2019
Mizwisdom:

You're making excuse for foreign flood because you live there or because they are controlled by Whites who can do no wrong? is there any country where flood is not experienced? especially in a coastal area like Lagos? simply educating yourself will solve 99% of your problems, everything isn't about gathering like on Nairaland, read to learn and learn to read

Lol people like you are funny. There is something called spectrum. Life isn't black and white. It's not "flood" or "no flood".

How often does flooding occur?

What are the circumstances?

You can't just wake up and say it flooded in London once in the summer of 2019, therefore, London is no different from Lagos where it floods somewhere every time rain falls.

There's still a major difference in the above scenarios.

Thinking beyond shallow levels would solve 99% of your confusions.

6 Likes

Re: Believe Me.it Floods In London Like Nigeria (pics) by GraGra247(m): 5:31pm On Oct 30, 2019
Mizwisdom:

You're are definitely mentally challenged if you come to Nairaland to seek likes.

Where is your own education. I mean did you leave your brain behind your keyboard before typing.

You're one of the problems we have in this country. Making excuses for a failed government that leaves drainages blocked since independence till this date.

Do you even reason or is your brain totally dead. How long does it take London to deal with a simple problem of bad road or epileptic power supply.

Same bad roads and power problem that remain since independence till now in Nigeria.

I simply pointed out major differences in flooding in London and Nigeria and showed how a working govt handles theirs and how Nigeria handles its own and you accuse me of not being educated and seeking cheap likes.

I pity your generation because I'm sure you're very likely one of those causing problems in this country. A politican I guess.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Believe Me.it Floods In London Like Nigeria (pics) by YurFatHer: 5:37pm On Oct 30, 2019
what's good for the goose is also good for the gander.
Re: Believe Me.it Floods In London Like Nigeria (pics) by GraGra247(m): 5:39pm On Oct 30, 2019
Suspectzero:

Lol people like you are funny. There is something called spectrum. Life isn't black and white. It's not "flood" or "no flood".

How often does flooding occur?

What are the circumstances?

You can't just wake up and say it flooded in London once in the summer of 2019, therefore, London is no different from Lagos where it floods somewhere every time rain falls.

There's still a major difference in the above scenarios.

Thinking beyond shallow levels would solve 99% of your confusions.

Thank you so very much. You summarized my points 100%.

Flooding happens in almost every Nigerian city on yearly basis if not even monthly basis mostly because of blocked drainages or even non existent drainages.

How will any right thinking person compare it with a flood that happens in only one American or British city once in 5 years and not because of drainage issues but because of an unusual weather condition and storm.

4 Likes

Re: Believe Me.it Floods In London Like Nigeria (pics) by Powersurge: 6:44pm On Oct 30, 2019
Finally, something to console NEMA and Nigeria authorities for their ineptitude

1 Like

Re: Believe Me.it Floods In London Like Nigeria (pics) by Mizwisdom(f): 8:02pm On Oct 30, 2019
GraGra247:

You're are definitely mentally challenged if you come to Nairaland to seek likes.

Where is your own education. I mean did you leave your brain behind your keyboard before typing.

You're one of the problems we have in this country. Making excuses for a failed government that leaves drainages blocked since independence till this date.

Do you even reason or is your brain totally dead. How long does it take London to deal with a simple problem of bad road or epileptic power supply.

Same bad roads and power problem that remain since independence till now in Nigeria.

I simply pointed out major differences in flooding in London and Nigeria and showed how a working govt handles theirs and how Nigeria handles its own and you accuse me of not being educated and seeking cheap likes.

I pity your generation because I'm sure you're very likely one of those causing problems in this country. A politican I guess.

Calm yourself down grin, you're not being rational in your thinking and response. You came with lies, saying it's hurricanes and storms that caused the flooding abroad while the original poster corrected your ignorance , then you are including epileptic power and bad road in your response, why are you going all over the place? I thought this issue is about flooding being a worldwide phenomenon cheesy

You're not a rational being so I won't waste time arguing with you, I don't want to be infected with your ignorance, my only advice for you is to go and read extensively about flooding. No matter how clear drains are, if Rivers overflow their banks due to global warming which causes heavy and sustained rainfall, there will be flooding, if water in Dams are released to surrounding areas due to increase in water level, there will be flooding grin, coastal areas are also naturally prone to flooding.

3 Likes

Re: Believe Me.it Floods In London Like Nigeria (pics) by GraGra247(m): 11:13pm On Oct 30, 2019
Mizwisdom:

Calm yourself down grin, you're not being rational in your thinking and response. You came with lies, saying it's hurricanes and storms that caused the flooding abroad while the original poster corrected your ignorance , then you are including epileptic power and bad road in your response, why are you going all over the place? I thought this issue is about flooding being a worldwide phenomenon cheesy

You're not a rational being so I won't waste time arguing with you, I don't want to be infected with your ignorance, my only advice for you is to go and read extensively about flooding. No matter how clear drains are, if Rivers overflow their banks due to global warming which causes heavy and sustained rainfall, there will be flooding, if water in Dams are released to surrounding areas due to increase in water level, there will be flooding grin, coastal areas are also naturally prone to flooding.

I won't either waste time arguing with a blinded political lunatic as yourself. Just clearly inform us you're in APC or even one of the nairaland kids on BMC.

How much are you being paid to defend govt incompetence online at all lying cost. I don't want to be infected with your shameless lies. So please don't mention me beyond this point.

Argue with rogues your kind that are impoverishing this country. Animals!!
Re: Believe Me.it Floods In London Like Nigeria (pics) by GraGra247(m): 11:18pm On Oct 30, 2019
Powersurge:
Finally, something to console NEMA and Nigeria authorities for their ineptitude

Don't mind the idiot Mizwisdom abi unwisdom. He's obviously one of the rogue elements causing this problem. .
Re: Believe Me.it Floods In London Like Nigeria (pics) by Nobody: 3:15am On Oct 31, 2019
GraGra247:

Coca cola are reintroducing glass bottles. i hope if LASG does what kenya did and outlaws styrofoam, polythene and PET bottles upi will not be calling them wicked, callous and uncaring about people's business

https://www.nairaland.com/5496048/parents-children-caught-camera-throwing

that there is a start

1 Like

Re: Believe Me.it Floods In London Like Nigeria (pics) by drakeli: 3:51am On Oct 31, 2019
Mizwisdom:

Look! See the real flood here. Now you can see why places in Nigeria always experience flood.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Believe Me.it Floods In London Like Nigeria (pics) by GraGra247(m): 2:43pm On Oct 31, 2019
drakeli:
Look! See the real flood here. Now you can see why places in Nigeria always experience flood.

Thank you!! The useless senseless politician @ Mizwisdom will dodge this one and pretend not to see it as long as they help loot money meant to better lives of the common man.

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Is A Bad Country.... / Unable To Submit Visa Appointment After Filling The Form / Things To See In London

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.