Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,288 members, 7,807,976 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:53 AM

I Need Urgent Advice - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / I Need Urgent Advice (214 Views)

#3 Things You Can Sell Right Now If You Need Urgent Cash / I Have A Very Big Problem,please I Need Urgent Advice. / Masters In Microbiology Or D.E Into Pharmacy. Urgent Advice Needed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Urgent Advice by Enchantaurl(f): 9:22am On Oct 30, 2019
Good morning, everyone.
I got admitted to study plant science and biotechnology,last year.
This isn't the course I chose but typical jamb gave me their choice.

I wasn't ready to do it but my mum persuaded me accept it and write jamb for the course I want to do.

Well I wrote jamb and have been admitted to do computer science (course of my choice). I also tried to transfer but couldn't as I didn't get up to the requirements.

My only option now is to either start from 100l, That's start afresh or continue doing the plant science.

Starting afresh involves me paying for acceptance and clearance all over which might be hard due to financial issues my mom is passing through now. Plus I would be loosing an extra year.

I'm confused and don't know what to do.
Re: I Need Urgent Advice by WowSweetGuy(m): 9:25am On Oct 30, 2019
follow ur heart. money will come somehow to settle d bill
Re: I Need Urgent Advice by DOMINO001: 11:49am On Oct 30, 2019
Enchantaurl:
Good morning, everyone.
I got admitted to study plant science and biotechnology,last year.
This isn't the course I chose but typical jamb gave me their choice.

I wasn't ready to do it but my mum persuaded me accept it and write jamb for the course I want to do.

Well I wrote jamb and have been admitted to do computer science (course of my choice). I also tried to transfer but couldn't as I didn't get up to the requirements.

My only option now is to either start from 100l, That's start afresh or continue doing the plant science.

Starting afresh involves me paying for acceptance and clearance all over which might be hard due to financial issues my mom is passing through now. Plus I would be loosing an extra year.

I'm confused and don't know what to do.

You can continue with your plant science based on the fact that there's limited resources at your disposal. In school you can learn some computer related skills like web design, video editing, graphic design and even the advanced ones like Cisco and the rest. Bsc in computer science in Nigeria will not teach you that. In fact you will still need extra learning at a cost which any degree holder can learn. So based on your financial abilities stick to what you have and get those IT skills.
Using myself as an example, I am in optometry but I learnt how to build website, data processing, graphics design.
Just believe you can do it.
Re: I Need Urgent Advice by Divay22(f): 12:17pm On Oct 30, 2019
Better to do it now than regret it later.
Money is always gonna be an issue, but there's something called fulfillment knowing that you're studying and doing what you love.

(1) (Reply)

Failure Is Always An Option And An Opportunity / Thank God It’s First Monday Of The Month / House Of Reps Speak On Scrapping Of Post-utme/jamb

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.