Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,171 members, 7,807,547 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:10 PM

Presidential Election Appeal: Updates From The Supreme Court: - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Presidential Election Appeal: Updates From The Supreme Court: (23148 Views)

Ajimobi Inaugurates APC Edo Election, Appeal Committees / Edo Governorship: APC Names Primary Election, Appeal Committees / Presidential Election Appeal: Issues Beyond The Verdict Of The Supreme Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Presidential Election Appeal: Updates From The Supreme Court: by garfield1: 12:23pm On Oct 30, 2019
chio75:

D way u keep quoting people on ds makes me wonder what ur interest is & wherein lies ur loyalty: d ruling party or d Nigerian state.
Note : like someone earlier pointed out 2 u, nothing is permanent & power has always been transcient.Abacha & Obj readily comes 2 mind,we had folks like u rooting 4 them but what happened.
Let not sentiment becloud ur judgement.
You haven't answered my question
Re: Presidential Election Appeal: Updates From The Supreme Court: by garfield1: 12:23pm On Oct 30, 2019
id911:

Your comments don't make me cry but stop these parochial attitudes whenever issues pertaining to PDP and APC come up. Support your evil party but do it conscientiously so that you may sleep well at night grin
This advice suits you more

2 Likes

Re: Presidential Election Appeal: Updates From The Supreme Court: by Obere4u: 12:25pm On Oct 30, 2019
seunmsg:

Livinus is Livy but Mohammadu is not Mohammed. Make una continue but we know the outcome.

You self notice am..
Re: Presidential Election Appeal: Updates From The Supreme Court: by id911(m): 12:31pm On Oct 30, 2019
Obere4u:

You self notice am..

Na wa for una o, you didn't read the submission of the lead counsel? You can change your name whenever you like but they MUST be evidence of name change which Buhari doesn't have. Livinius to Livy has evidence of name change or why it's now written in short form but Mohamed to Mohammadu has no evidence of name change before the Court

2 Likes

Re: Presidential Election Appeal: Updates From The Supreme Court: by garfield1: 12:33pm On Oct 30, 2019
id911:

Na wa for una o, you didn't read the submission of the lead counsel? You can change your name whenever you like but they MUST be evidence of name change which Buhari doesn't have. Livinius to Livy has evidence of name change or why it's now written in short form but Mohamed to Mohammadu has no evidence of name change before the Court
Where did you see the evidence

1 Like

Re: Presidential Election Appeal: Updates From The Supreme Court: by Mainmanpadi(m): 12:34pm On Oct 30, 2019
seunmsg:

Livinus is Livy but Mohammadu is not Mohammed. Make una continue but we know the outcome.
Don't mind them.
Re: Presidential Election Appeal: Updates From The Supreme Court: by Jimi24: 12:35pm On Oct 30, 2019
chio75:

Why is d judges always asking 4 time,is it 2 confer with their principals & take directives or what?.
Truth be told,PDP has a very good case, history therefore beckons on d Supreme court judges 2 stand up 2 be counted or pervert d course of Justice & 4va hv their names stuck in d mud.

Atiku did not win the last Presidential elections. To believe otherwise is to believe a lie..like Jubril Al Sudaini. I am sure theres a curse on PDP supporters. The curse of believing with strong conviction in lies.
It is a punishment for lying that PDP ever win.any election without rigging in the history of Nigeria
Re: Presidential Election Appeal: Updates From The Supreme Court: by garfield1: 12:38pm On Oct 30, 2019
Mainmanpadi:
Don't mind them.
Even if its not the same,the supreme court can use the inconsistencies to throw out atiku's petition
Re: Presidential Election Appeal: Updates From The Supreme Court: by N2B2: 12:41pm On Oct 30, 2019
garfield1:

It seems the update is coming from a pdp fan who doesn't know what a cross appeal is.i wonder when or how he came to the conclusion that buhari didn't prove his case that he's same as mohammadu and mohammed

Una no get work, o. Someone is there delivering updates for the community, and you are here attacking him.

U no wan know wetin dey happen for court again?
Re: Presidential Election Appeal: Updates From The Supreme Court: by luluosas(m): 12:45pm On Oct 30, 2019
I am here to read comments. Head or tail, we presently have One Nigeria. So, I'm only wishing for Nigeria's best. God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Presidential Election Appeal: Updates From The Supreme Court: by seunmsg(m): 12:45pm On Oct 30, 2019
id911:

Your comments don't make me cry but stop these parochial attitudes whenever issues pertaining to PDP and APC come up. Support your evil party but do it conscientiously so that you may sleep well at night grin

My brother, I hardly have a sleepless night. There is no much difference between APC and PDP. The two parties are made up of politicians that hardly care about others. I support Buhari for now because PDP didn’t present a better option. Labeling APC as evil and PDP as saint makes no sense.

1 Like

Re: Presidential Election Appeal: Updates From The Supreme Court: by N2B2: 12:47pm On Oct 30, 2019
First ruling delivered against Atiku.

Other rulings to follow, also against Atiku. We all knew this would happen. Tanko is Buhari's guy.

But the four parties - APC, INEC, PDP, and Presidency - are being led by billionaires, so if they want to spend their money on sham court proceedings, who are we to argue. grin

1 Like

Re: Presidential Election Appeal: Updates From The Supreme Court: by CaptainMeks: 12:50pm On Oct 30, 2019
First supreme court ruling goes against Atiku and PDP

The Chief Justice of Nigeria, Justice Tanko Muhammad, who leads the seven-man panel of the apex court, in the lead ruling consented to by other members, overruled Atiku and his party’s request that their seven interlocutory appeals should be heard after the main one must have been argued.

The seven-man panel held that it would be unnecessary to hear the interlocutory appeals when a judgment on the main appeal marked SC.1211/2019 would cover the field.

1 Like

Re: Presidential Election Appeal: Updates From The Supreme Court: by YenYo: 12:51pm On Oct 30, 2019
Atiku will win the case.

Prepare for a new President.

Who stone me�
Re: Presidential Election Appeal: Updates From The Supreme Court: by Wahala90: 12:52pm On Oct 30, 2019
We know the truth.

Re: Presidential Election Appeal: Updates From The Supreme Court: by CaptainMeks: 12:54pm On Oct 30, 2019
Wahala90:
We know the truth.

If you ever thought that a world renowned kleptocrat and looter of no small proportions would ever be a president to Nigeria from the get go then you are a fool

2 Likes

Re: Presidential Election Appeal: Updates From The Supreme Court: by garfield1: 12:55pm On Oct 30, 2019
CaptainMeks:

The Chief Justice of Nigeria, Justice Tanko Muhammad, who leads the seven-man panel of the apex court, in the lead ruling consented to by other members, overruled Atiku and his party’s request that their seven interlocutory appeals should be heard after the main one must have been argued.

The seven-man panel held that it would be unnecessary to hear the interlocutory appeals when a judgment on the main appeal marked SC.1211/2019 would cover the field.
Its not really a ruling perse,they wont rule today but will adjourn and give a date for ruling
Re: Presidential Election Appeal: Updates From The Supreme Court: by garfield1: 12:56pm On Oct 30, 2019
Wahala90:
We know the truth.
You only know about lies
Re: Presidential Election Appeal: Updates From The Supreme Court: by degamemaster(m): 12:58pm On Oct 30, 2019
TonyeBarcanista:
The Presiding Justices are seated...

Game about to begin

Baba you don show face again. Nice yo read from you after a long time.... welcome .
Re: Presidential Election Appeal: Updates From The Supreme Court: by id911(m): 1:00pm On Oct 30, 2019
CaptainMeks:

Nothing like ruling here, it was just the order the PDP Legal Team wanted their their case but the judges said otherwise
Re: Presidential Election Appeal: Updates From The Supreme Court: by id911(m): 1:01pm On Oct 30, 2019
seunmsg:

My brother, I hardly have a sleepless night. There is no much difference between APC and PDP. The two parties are made up of politicians that hardly care about others. I support Buhari for now because PDP didn’t present a better option. Labeling APC as evil and PDP as saint makes no sense.

No problemo bro... we will invite you to join us to celebrate when a brand new President is sworn in soon
Re: Presidential Election Appeal: Updates From The Supreme Court: by CaptainMeks: 1:02pm On Oct 30, 2019
id911:

Nothing like ruling here, it was just the order the PDP Legal Team wanted their their case but the judges said otherwise

Any statement declared as a final position by the supreme court justices pertaining to this case is a ruling. Those are the apt words used

1 Like

Re: Presidential Election Appeal: Updates From The Supreme Court: by garfield1: 1:05pm On Oct 30, 2019
id911:

No problemo bro... we will invite you to join us to celebrate when a brand new President is sworn in soon
What an impossible fellow
Re: Presidential Election Appeal: Updates From The Supreme Court: by Enemyofpeace: 1:05pm On Oct 30, 2019
Johans1991:
even if your fada preside over that court buhari will still win
you've done your job for today, go to your master and collect your pay cheque
Re: Presidential Election Appeal: Updates From The Supreme Court: by id911(m): 1:08pm On Oct 30, 2019
garfield1:

What an impossible fellow

You're always very funny grin Let's wait and see then
Re: Presidential Election Appeal: Updates From The Supreme Court: by CaptainMeks: 1:12pm On Oct 30, 2019
id911:

You mean brand new President of AIREGIN and not NIGERIA right? Laugh at your own jokes bro
Re: Presidential Election Appeal: Updates From The Supreme Court: by Jimi24: 1:19pm On Oct 30, 2019
seunmsg:

Its down to personalities. I am a hardcore Buhari and Osinbaji supporter but I support Oyo State's PDP governor. I wont vote Tinubu for N100bn.
Atiku is unelectable
I am expecting a President Osinbajo, Umahi or Amechi in 2023. If Umahi of PDP is running against Tinubu or El Rufai on any party platform he will get my support, yet I still think most of PDP is corrupt and wasteful
Everything should be based on personalities in Nigeria now.

2 Likes

Re: Presidential Election Appeal: Updates From The Supreme Court: by backbone503(m): 1:20pm On Oct 30, 2019
clarocuzioo:
"The CJN, and other Justices of the Supreme Court argued that parts of the pleadings in the new applications are already in the appeal submitted to the court and asked the PDP and Atiku/Obi to adopt or consolidate on the appeal".

Is it the CJN and other justices to argue or APC'S lawyers ?
ATIKU please prepare for next election.

Election petition cases are statute-barred, hence, their lordships are just trying to save and helpTeam Atiku/Obi avoid wasting their time. Anyway, their case is no doubt an effort in futility.

2 Likes

Re: Presidential Election Appeal: Updates From The Supreme Court: by garfield1: 1:21pm On Oct 30, 2019
id911:

You're always very funny grin Let's wait and see then
Hmmm
Re: Presidential Election Appeal: Updates From The Supreme Court: by garfield1: 1:22pm On Oct 30, 2019
Jimi24:

Its down to personalities. I am a hardcore Buhari and Osinbaji supporter but I support Oyo State's PDP governor. I wont vote Tinubu for N100bn.
Atiku is unelectable
I am expecting a President Osinbajo, Umahi or Amechi in 2023. If Umahi of PDP is running against Tinubu or El Rufai on any party platform he will get my support, yet I still think most of PDP is corrupt and wasteful
Everything should be based on personalities in Nigeria now.
We reason alike
Re: Presidential Election Appeal: Updates From The Supreme Court: by tinsel: 1:23pm On Oct 30, 2019
id911:

We are waiting to see what the Supreme Court has to say on this. We hope that the right thing is done and H.E Alhaji Atiku Abubakar's stolen mandate is retrieved
So you already believed this propaganda man?
Re: Presidential Election Appeal: Updates From The Supreme Court: by TonyeBarcanista(m): 1:28pm On Oct 30, 2019
Case dismissed!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Production Of Tinubu/Shettima Textiles For 2023 Campaign (pics/vid) / Chevening Scholarship Removes Diezani From Honours List / Rivers, G5 Govs Won’t Work For Atiku, Wike Declares

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.