Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,996 members, 7,806,897 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:34 AM

UN: Damilola Ogunbiyi Appointed As Special Representative For Sustainable Energy - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / UN: Damilola Ogunbiyi Appointed As Special Representative For Sustainable Energy (25871 Views)

UN Special Representative, Damilola Ogunbiyi, Visits Nigeria (Photos & Video). / Presidency Orders Reversal Of Suspension Of Damilola Ogunbiyi / Ogunbiyi Loses Case Against Adeleke At Appeal Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

UN: Damilola Ogunbiyi Appointed As Special Representative For Sustainable Energy by Shawnelliot: 12:19pm On Oct 30, 2019
The United Nations Secretary General António Guterres has appointed Mrs Damilola Ogunbiyi of Nigeria as his Special Representative for Sustainable Energy for All and Co-Chair of United Nations-Energy.

Her appointment came after her extensive leadership experience and a track record of supporting energy access in Sub-Saharan Africa to these roles. She was the first woman to be appointed as Managing Director of the Nigerian Rural Electrification Agency.

Ms Ogunbiyi succeeds Rachel Kyte of the United Kingdom as Special Representative, Co-Chair of United Nations-Energy, and CEO of SEforALL.

However, Ms Damilola Ogunbiyi herself took to her twitter handle @DamilolaSDG7 to announce this to the general populace. In the words of Mrs Damilola,

“I’m very proud to announce I have been appointed the new @SEforALLorg CEO and Special Representative of the @UN SG for Sustainable Energy for All. As the world faces ongoing development challenges, it’s a true honor to join SEforALL & lead #SDG7 efforts: https://seforall.org/news/damilola-ogunbiyi-announced-as-new-ceo-of-sustainable-energy-for-all.

https://ngg.ng/2019/10/30/un-damilola-ogunbiyi-appointed-as-special-representative-for-sustainable-energy-for-all/

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: UN: Damilola Ogunbiyi Appointed As Special Representative For Sustainable Energy by fergie001: 12:21pm On Oct 30, 2019
Congrats Ma.......

Well-deserved.

20 Likes

Re: UN: Damilola Ogunbiyi Appointed As Special Representative For Sustainable Energy by DIEHARD807Xx: 8:30am On Oct 31, 2019

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: UN: Damilola Ogunbiyi Appointed As Special Representative For Sustainable Energy by VirginSearcher(m): 8:30am On Oct 31, 2019
Beautiful woman, our best always taken away by the smart western world because we have a non functional system, Nigeria's situation its so pitiable just look at Lebanon they have taken their destiny into their hands but here we don't care.. sad.. angry

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: UN: Damilola Ogunbiyi Appointed As Special Representative For Sustainable Energy by wwwihy: 8:30am On Oct 31, 2019
Congrats Madam
God bless Federal Republic of Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: UN: Damilola Ogunbiyi Appointed As Special Representative For Sustainable Energy by Nobody: 8:31am On Oct 31, 2019
Congratulations Ma.
Please represent the nation well.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: UN: Damilola Ogunbiyi Appointed As Special Representative For Sustainable Energy by LordAzubuike(f): 8:31am On Oct 31, 2019
So bring a representative for UN na achievement

We have thousands of her type scattered all over the world. Even kids younger than her

1 Like

Re: UN: Damilola Ogunbiyi Appointed As Special Representative For Sustainable Energy by philip0906(m): 8:31am On Oct 31, 2019
Kudos!

Take a look at the Nigerian women making positive strides globally, they are married...while hungry, delusional, local & valueless feminist wannabes, continue to live in grand delusion, including their branch leaders on nairaland.

22 Likes

Re: UN: Damilola Ogunbiyi Appointed As Special Representative For Sustainable Energy by Ayt27(m): 8:31am On Oct 31, 2019
At least one positive news hits FP
Nairaland and graphic pictures is akin to Snake and Lala
Re: UN: Damilola Ogunbiyi Appointed As Special Representative For Sustainable Energy by lemon10(m): 8:31am On Oct 31, 2019
T
Re: UN: Damilola Ogunbiyi Appointed As Special Representative For Sustainable Energy by PureGoldh(m): 8:32am On Oct 31, 2019
Congratulations to her..... More wins
Re: UN: Damilola Ogunbiyi Appointed As Special Representative For Sustainable Energy by Lifestone(m): 8:32am On Oct 31, 2019
The Real Slay Mama
Re: UN: Damilola Ogunbiyi Appointed As Special Representative For Sustainable Energy by Abbeyme: 8:33am On Oct 31, 2019
Some people would have been saying Igbo Amaka

Now, we have some rest and decorum

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: UN: Damilola Ogunbiyi Appointed As Special Representative For Sustainable Energy by dukie25: 8:33am On Oct 31, 2019
Very ugly but brainy.

2 Likes

Re: UN: Damilola Ogunbiyi Appointed As Special Representative For Sustainable Energy by Ayomarcel(m): 8:33am On Oct 31, 2019
Okay.. Bring money come house. Lol
Re: UN: Damilola Ogunbiyi Appointed As Special Representative For Sustainable Energy by kereman1: 8:34am On Oct 31, 2019
Ghanians seeing this be like.

Nigerians we now have a common enemy in the name of Ghana, that think they can compete with us in all spheres of life,
All the energy we use in tribal ewar, let's channel it against them.

Bunch of kenken chewing losers

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: UN: Damilola Ogunbiyi Appointed As Special Representative For Sustainable Energy by Lanre4uonly(m): 8:34am On Oct 31, 2019
That's nice.
Congratulations ma.
Re: UN: Damilola Ogunbiyi Appointed As Special Representative For Sustainable Energy by AmazingELixir: 8:34am On Oct 31, 2019
shocked
Re: UN: Damilola Ogunbiyi Appointed As Special Representative For Sustainable Energy by AmazingELixir: 8:35am On Oct 31, 2019
cool cool cool

Weldon ma'am, Bubu will not see this type to appoint into his cabinet. He prefers mediocrity and incompetence
Re: UN: Damilola Ogunbiyi Appointed As Special Representative For Sustainable Energy by Erastuslove: 8:35am On Oct 31, 2019
Congrat Madam I can you see already displaying your fingers that you are married....
Re: UN: Damilola Ogunbiyi Appointed As Special Representative For Sustainable Energy by engrfaruq(m): 8:35am On Oct 31, 2019
franchasng:
Classy Yoruba Christian woman, you will know them by their achievements and peace loving nature, well done ma kiss kiss

Not like the other people; the Yoruba Muslims who have sworn to die serving Hausa-Fulani Muslims, even if it means wiping out everybody in Yoruba land and the rest of Southern Nigeria to fulfill their evil daydream, while the Yoruba Christians focus on excelling at home and abroad, anyway, there is always a difference between light and darkness smiley

What do you have to say about the super classy Muslim Fulani woman at the top hierarchy of the UN, even far above your supposed classy Christian Yoruba woman?

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: UN: Damilola Ogunbiyi Appointed As Special Representative For Sustainable Energy by nwamabo247(m): 8:36am On Oct 31, 2019
Congrats to her please forgive me if i can help myself i wont be begging for help.PLEASE nairalanders my name is celestine nwankwo 28YRS OLD from ugwueme awgu L.G.A. enugu stat For almost 12yrs now i have been down with with tetraplegic spinal cord injure.no source of income because my fingers are partialy afected i have been living on family support especially my ageing mother who has been nursing me at home for all this while. but right now things are very very difficut for me and my mother who is also diabetic and I'll now expecially feeding and litle medications,buying of catheters and health care needs.please i need your help in any way posible no matter how small it will make a diffrence and i am also looking for a goverment or N G O rehabilitation center for the disables that can acept my kind condition. thanks and GOD BLESS. more details.see my signature below
Re: UN: Damilola Ogunbiyi Appointed As Special Representative For Sustainable Energy by MicroBox: 8:37am On Oct 31, 2019
VirginSearcher:
Beautiful woman, our best always taken away by the smart western world because we have a non functional system, Nigeria's situation its so pitiable just look at Lebanon they have taken their destiny into their hands but here we don't care sad.. angry
Maybe you miss this line
"She was the first woman to be appointed as Managing Director of the Nigerian Rural Electrification Agency"
Its an appointment and not brain drain OK.
Amina a former minister was also at UN..
Akinwunmi a former minister is at AFDB
Etc

3 Likes

Re: UN: Damilola Ogunbiyi Appointed As Special Representative For Sustainable Energy by Freemanbobble: 8:37am On Oct 31, 2019
Okay
Re: UN: Damilola Ogunbiyi Appointed As Special Representative For Sustainable Energy by ProWalker: 8:40am On Oct 31, 2019
LordAzubuike:
[s]So bring a representative for UN na achievement

We have thousands of her type scattered all over the world. Even kids younger than her[/s]

Meaningless.

Your anger is because her name is not Onyeka or Chioma, otherwise you have been shouting iboee amakar all over the place

23 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigeria@63: 10 Takeaways From Tinubu’s Independence Anniversary Speech / Buhari Fires Mohammed Haruna, NASENI Boss, After Extending His Tenure / Africa's Name Before Europeans Renamed It Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.