Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,363 members, 7,808,268 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:37 AM

How I Got A Job For An Unadvertised Position - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How I Got A Job For An Unadvertised Position (22437 Views)

Nigerian Man Quits His Bank Job For A Life By The Beach Side / Should I Leave My N200k Job For Abroad Job? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Got A Job For An Unadvertised Position by Rating(m): 7:50pm On Oct 31, 2019
namiji2598:
:another man`s food is another man poison

e work for u, no be say e go work for uche

if I try am now, na hunger and starvation go kill me for my cousins place

luckily enough u have a skill, and thats what am lacking, please who can suggest skills that can help me bosst my CV

Digital skills are the way to go. And there are many job opportunities (from graphics/media developer, social network manager to media buyer, SEO manager and more). Better still, you can work from home for a company "in the abroad." wink

Start here with the Learn Digital Skills with Google program - [url=gds.haptics.ng]gds.haptics.ng[/url].
Re: How I Got A Job For An Unadvertised Position by Mrceejay: 7:54pm On Oct 31, 2019
piagetskinner:
That’s y it’s good to study better course people with CRK or islamic studies where they wan c work
Op studied Agricultural Engineering in school,not related to embedded systems at all. Its a skill he acquired in final year during ASUU strike. Thanks to ASUU strike sha
Re: How I Got A Job For An Unadvertised Position by Presh900(m): 8:19pm On Oct 31, 2019
Mrceejay:
can we talk.. Drop your mail
Check my signature
Re: How I Got A Job For An Unadvertised Position by JudasNaCarrot: 8:44pm On Oct 31, 2019
It is well.
Re: How I Got A Job For An Unadvertised Position by deltateam: 9:08pm On Oct 31, 2019
Olateef:

I got more than 4 jobs through online application this year alone.
6 figures jobs ooo.
I think it depends on your experience and how you can sell yourself.

How possible? Do they tell you how much salary through mail or you did interview and rejected the offers.
Re: How I Got A Job For An Unadvertised Position by isaacola57: 9:19pm On Oct 31, 2019
deltateam:

How possible? Do they tell you how much salary through mail or you did interview and rejected the offers.
six figures is different from six zeros.. he may even mean six significant figures
Re: How I Got A Job For An Unadvertised Position by Bossgem: 9:26pm On Oct 31, 2019
Olateef:

I got more than 4 jobs through online application this year alone.
6 figures jobs ooo.
I think it depends on your experience and how you can sell yourself.

What field are you in? What skills? Please reply. Your answer can help me make informed decisions. Thank you.
Re: How I Got A Job For An Unadvertised Position by isaacola57: 11:08pm On Oct 31, 2019
Mrceejay:
Please pardon my grammatical and typo errors, I am sharing this to encourage job seekers on this forum, I served in Kogi State, Lokoja to be precise at Dangote cement Plc, Obajana Batch A 2018 and finished in March 2019.

I already planned to spend two months at home with my family before setting out to hustle immediately after my POP which I actually did. On completion of the two months rest, I planned my journey to the north with a business plan and some amount of money but unfortunately I couldn’t proceed with the journey for some reasons and I was already tired of staying at home so I travelled to Ogun State to say hi to a younger cousin who was already working there.

We went to church on my first Sunday with him and he was showing me this big organization and I was like whao…

On Monday I just tried to google search the organization, lo and behold the school has a website, checked their website and saw a 2018 job advert for a media person I just dropped my cv and wrote a short cover letter about being an embedded systems engineer and can do robotics and automation stuffs, and I received a mail which reads ”when can you come in?” I resumed in less than 2 weeks and I’m already 4months into the job , no exam, no serious interview except that I had to do a little exhibition of my skill and my co-workers were like who brought you here, how did you get this job and all.

The bottom line is I got a job for an unadvertised position in that organization majorly because of the skill I have. Yours is coming soon
Bro I know automation but I am limited to instrumentation knowledge, Hydraulics, pneumatics and booleans in programmable logic controller (ladder logic) I want to know SCADA do u av materials or prefferably videos plszzz and also advanced plc programming I only know booleans I want to know if statements, steps and other commands in ladder logic.. I will send u a pm too
Re: How I Got A Job For An Unadvertised Position by deltateam: 5:18am On Nov 01, 2019
isaacola57:
six figures is different from six zeros.. he may even mean six significant figures

Six figures start from #100 000.

Besides my question has not been answered.
Re: How I Got A Job For An Unadvertised Position by pasuma(m): 6:18am On Nov 01, 2019
your contact pls
Presh900:
Lalasticlala, this is quite encouraging.

Meanwhile ,contact me for your ethical hacking course at cheap
Re: How I Got A Job For An Unadvertised Position by Olateef(m): 12:52pm On Nov 01, 2019
deltateam:

I worked in two of those companies.
I rejected the offer letter given to me by the other two.
Re: How I Got A Job For An Unadvertised Position by Olateef(m): 12:54pm On Nov 01, 2019
Bossgem:

What field are you in? What skills? Please reply. Your answer can help me make informed decisions. Thank you.

Accounting.
Started my career with an Audit firm and it really helped me a lot.

The pay in the audit firm was meager but the experience is what matters most.
Re: How I Got A Job For An Unadvertised Position by Presh900(m): 1:01pm On Nov 01, 2019
pasuma:
your contact pls
Re: How I Got A Job For An Unadvertised Position by deltateam: 1:48pm On Nov 01, 2019
Olateef:

I worked in two of those companies.
I rejected the offer letter given to me by the other two.

Okay.
Re: How I Got A Job For An Unadvertised Position by jinka(m): 4:44pm On Nov 01, 2019
Olateef:

I got more than 4 jobs through online application this year alone. 6 figures jobs ooo. I think it depends on your experience and how you can sell yourself.
old how did you do it. what skills do you have?
Re: How I Got A Job For An Unadvertised Position by Olateef(m): 5:20pm On Nov 01, 2019
jinka:

old how did you do it. what skills do you have?

Just accounting experience.

Started my career with and Audit firm.

The funny thing is that I've been getting those jobs with my OND certificate.
Re: How I Got A Job For An Unadvertised Position by Ajibade123(m): 7:42am On Nov 02, 2019
Re: How I Got A Job For An Unadvertised Position by Biglogo(m): 9:47am On Nov 03, 2019
The truth is, Grace differs, with the little knowledge U av, and abundant GRACE it will look like U are perfect.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

BBC Celebrates Julius Adewale Adedeji As The "Most Dedicated Police Officer" / What Skill Can I Learn With N20,000 / 4 Better Ways To Answer "Why Are You Leaving Your Job?"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.