Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,304 members, 7,808,031 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:36 AM

My Wife Insists No Sex Until Wedding Night Even After Our Traditional Wedding - Family (31) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Wife Insists No Sex Until Wedding Night Even After Our Traditional Wedding (78994 Views)

MARTIAL BED: My Wife Says No Sex Until Her Mother Leaves Our House. / We Kept Ourselves; No Sex Before Marriage: PHOTOS / My Wife Says No Sex Until Her Mother Leaves Our House. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Wife Insists No Sex Until Wedding Night Even After Our Traditional Wedding by midnighter(f): 3:35pm On Oct 31, 2019
zyzxx:
please let me ask? Is white wedding the biblical standard or paying of bride price? ND consent of both parents?

No, traditional marriage rites are.
Re: My Wife Insists No Sex Until Wedding Night Even After Our Traditional Wedding by mignone(f): 3:41pm On Oct 31, 2019
AleAirHub:
Mental slavery will keep prevailing in Nigeria & Africa at large. angry

Why will a girl trick me into the traditions of another man country called White Wedding �?. I will never buy that idea �. No traditional marriage no marriage. Simple as ABCD.

I blame many Nigeria �� gentlemen for several failed marriages everywhere. Many of our men get carried away with the cheap fantasy in their relationship & invest heavily on their WHITE WEDDING.

Op stick to your agreement because none of NL members were there when both of made it undecided

When we agreed to start up a relationship after being friends for about 6 months, it was agreed that there will be no sex until the wedding night but at a point I asked her "what if we are done with traditional marriage rites are we still not gonna have sex? To my creates surprise she said we won't until church wedding is done. I did not actually took her serious.
Where did u read that he was tricked into having a white wedding sir?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Insists No Sex Until Wedding Night Even After Our Traditional Wedding by TVSA: 3:43pm On Oct 31, 2019
Guest007:

We're talking about the girl's wishes and you people are talking something else. None of what you said has anything to do with the op. Can you accept an agreement and then go back on your word?

I don't care if she's waiting for Mohammed to marry them... Op is wrong and you people want to chat about everything but this fact...
I am not talking about the girl's wish. I am talking about what you wrote that
"If you're Christian then the church is the REAL marriage, the traditional isn't Christian. She's a born again so how does tradition become more important than her church?"

Church or white wedding is not a christian practice at all, it was invented into the christian practice by the Europeans. Someone even said the white dress symbolizes purity grin grin grin grin grin.

"The first documented instance of a princess who wore a white wedding gown for a royal wedding ceremony is that of Philippa of England, who wore a tunic with a cloak in white silk bordered with grey squirrel and ermine in 1406.

Mary, Queen of Scots, wore a white wedding gown in 1559 when she married her first husband, Francis Dauphin of France, because it was her favorite color, although white was then the color of mourning for French Queens.

This was not a widespread trend, however: prior to the Victorian era, a bride was married in any color, black being especially popular in Scandinavia.

White became a popular option in 1840, after the marriage of Queen Victoria to Albert of Saxe-Coburg, when Victoria wore a white gown to incorporate some lace she prized. The official wedding portrait photograph was widely published, and many brides opted for white in accordance with the Queen's choice.

Not a biblical practice at all .

What's more practiced in scriptures is today's traditional wedding .

We comply with the laws by going to registry even though the laws recognize proper customary wedding in Nigeria ."

1 Like

Re: My Wife Insists No Sex Until Wedding Night Even After Our Traditional Wedding by Lamanii22(f): 3:45pm On Oct 31, 2019
BarrElChapo:
It's not a white wedding, it's a church wedding
if she believes in the God that she worships in a church then I don't see why she should be coerced into doing otherwise besides she gave the OP due notice, he cannot say he didn't know or expect these developments.

She's not being coersed.... They are fucking married traditionally.... It's not until they do church wedding...
Re: My Wife Insists No Sex Until Wedding Night Even After Our Traditional Wedding by mignone(f): 3:46pm On Oct 31, 2019
West2019:
she get strong mind die where in the Bible that said after paying for pride Price and traditional white wedding must be done befor sex ,if you mistake married that girl u are on ur own ,collect the money yo have spend from her parent if dem can't be able to provide it let them give u the pride Price money .you have need to involved ur pastor or any family member that ur wife denying u sex after u have done the most important tin which the Bible said we should do She is hiding something
Wow!the better for the lady cos getting involved with smone who can't keep an agreement,doubts her claims (of being a virgin), capitalises on bride price, brings sacred matters of d home (a barely established one) to a public forum, etc is DANGEROUS!

3 Likes

Re: My Wife Insists No Sex Until Wedding Night Even After Our Traditional Wedding by mignone(f): 3:47pm On Oct 31, 2019
ufotty2001:
she is using a cream called virg.ina tightener.. the more days you wait the more the virg.ina become tight so she is using that white wedding to delay sex so that her virgin.a will be tight and look like a virgin... fear oweerri girls
See reasoning!

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Insists No Sex Until Wedding Night Even After Our Traditional Wedding by Nobody: 3:51pm On Oct 31, 2019
TVSA:

I am not talking about the girl's wish. I am talking about what you wrote that
"If you're Christian then the church is the REAL marriage, the traditional isn't Christian. She's a born again so how does tradition become more important than her church?"

Church or white wedding is not a christian practice at all, it was invented into the christian practice by the Europeans. Someone even said the white dress symbolizes purity grin grin grin grin grin.

"The first documented instance of a princess who wore a white wedding gown for a royal wedding ceremony is that of Philippa of England, who wore a tunic with a cloak in white silk bordered with grey squirrel and ermine in 1406.

Mary, Queen of Scots, wore a white wedding gown in 1559 when she married her first husband, Francis Dauphin of France, because it was her favorite color, although white was then the color of mourning for French Queens.

This was not a widespread trend, however: prior to the Victorian era, a bride was married in any color, black being especially popular in Scandinavia.

White became a popular option in 1840, after the marriage of Queen Victoria to Albert of Saxe-Coburg, when Victoria wore a white gown to incorporate some lace she prized. The official wedding portrait photograph was widely published, and many brides opted for white in accordance with the Queen's choice.

Not a biblical practice at all .

What's more practiced in scriptures is today's traditional wedding .

We comply with the laws by going to registry even though the laws recognize proper customary wedding in Nigeria ."

You're probably having a great conversation but it's with the wrong person. My concern is the girl's wishes. I don't care about Christianity or Nigerian traditions. embarassed

3 Likes

Re: My Wife Insists No Sex Until Wedding Night Even After Our Traditional Wedding by Dollarseeker: 3:51pm On Oct 31, 2019
Offpoint:

So if he no come get money for White man wedding for the next 2 years, na so him go dey?

She's just religious and know nothing about God stand on marriage.

There's nowhere in the Bible God commanded us to conduct wedding twice before we're officially married.

These religious minions know nothing about the Bible...

listen to ursef...ur don't need a big money for any white wedding...its not by force to hold a big white wedding.

3 Likes

Re: My Wife Insists No Sex Until Wedding Night Even After Our Traditional Wedding by zyzxx(m): 3:52pm On Oct 31, 2019
Yuneehk:
That's a disciplined and stubborn woman you've got. You had an agreement before the relationship even started and said she's a born again christian who appreciates the things of God. Finish what you started by wedding her in the church if that's what she wants and enjoy her as you'd want to. Whatever is worth doing at all, is worth doing well.
it's just a scam
Re: My Wife Insists No Sex Until Wedding Night Even After Our Traditional Wedding by zyzxx(m): 3:59pm On Oct 31, 2019
Martinez39:
Why are you disturbing Nairaland? The solution is simple. No sex, no white wedding. She is probably trying to perfect her bait and switch strategy. She probably thinks white wedding will secure her and trap you to herself so that you won't leave no matter what you find out on your wedding night.

Call a meeting with your in-laws and parents. She had better sit up or you end the marriage and collect your money.
lol, that money is important, he should collect it. I just pity the guy if he marry such lady...
Re: My Wife Insists No Sex Until Wedding Night Even After Our Traditional Wedding by zyzxx(m): 4:01pm On Oct 31, 2019
midnighter:

No, traditional marriage rites are.
so what the bases of that lady's claim?
That a strong signal to the guy that she will be a bad wife even if she is a virgin
She will be completely selfish and not consider the man's sexual urge, she will give in only when she is in need and I doubt they are sexually compatible

She is just error as far as am concerned
Re: My Wife Insists No Sex Until Wedding Night Even After Our Traditional Wedding by Mbenny(m): 4:02pm On Oct 31, 2019
what is traditional and what is after marriage. wedding is wedding and moreover she is already your wife the very first day you paid her bride price. the church weding is white culture which is optional.
Re: My Wife Insists No Sex Until Wedding Night Even After Our Traditional Wedding by Shanana1(m): 4:05pm On Oct 31, 2019
[quote author=SillyeRabbit post=83594156][/quote]Go ahead with the wedding but let a lawyer and her family be involved that if she's not a virgin as she claimed they will pay everything u spent on her in thousand folds....Before u do the wedding make a legal agreement with her and her family. .if they scam you, they are all in trouble
Re: My Wife Insists No Sex Until Wedding Night Even After Our Traditional Wedding by sykeng(m): 4:08pm On Oct 31, 2019
mignone:

You seem to know the lady in person sir.

I do not know her but ladies like that are everywhere. Talking from experience.
Re: My Wife Insists No Sex Until Wedding Night Even After Our Traditional Wedding by Sh1g1d1: 4:09pm On Oct 31, 2019
Edited

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Insists No Sex Until Wedding Night Even After Our Traditional Wedding by lovethchioma(f): 4:26pm On Oct 31, 2019
kunleweb:

Chioma your head is there. kiss

kunleweb:

May God help this generation have marriages that are free from public counsels and intrusion.
Amen
kunleweb:
Not when hubby or wives turn against one another creating threads to look for validations to backup their own selfish agenda
Very disheartening
Re: My Wife Insists No Sex Until Wedding Night Even After Our Traditional Wedding by deltateam: 4:27pm On Oct 31, 2019
Martinez39:
They are already married. To deny him sex is to deprive him of his right. He is entitled to the pussy since he paid her bride price. If his wife won't do the needful, he should send her out ASAP and collect his money.

I blame the woman. All this nonsense wouldn't have come up if she had obeyed the biblical injunction not to be unequally yoked with an unbeliever.

Now see now.

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Insists No Sex Until Wedding Night Even After Our Traditional Wedding by mignone(f): 4:29pm On Oct 31, 2019
oscarhyno:
My brother I suggest you do d white marriage as promised, but with conditions, go to court n inform them that this marriage is on a trial stage, if any unwanted issues arise that the court should nullify your marriage without benefits, because bro my friend is a victim of such, he went n got married to a man instead of a woman, now they're busy adopting n the adopted children refuse to live, think n act wisely, most women don't worth it
... while all men are worth it
Re: My Wife Insists No Sex Until Wedding Night Even After Our Traditional Wedding by iyke0280: 4:42pm On Oct 31, 2019
Righteousness89:

You have a Good Point but u crumbled the Whole thing when you said she has a "Misconception " about pre-marital sex.

Any Real Bible Believing and Practicing Believer will not Not have any sex until the Church Wedding is Done..
I'm guessing you are a Christian...please help me answer these questions
1)Do you think one becomes married after the church wedding or after the traditional wedding?
2) Do you believe a sin has been committed by a couple who engage in sex after their traditional wedding?
Bible quotes to back up your answers will be appreciated... Let's see if we can learn a thing or two
Re: My Wife Insists No Sex Until Wedding Night Even After Our Traditional Wedding by kunleweb: 4:45pm On Oct 31, 2019
Righteousness89:

You have a Good Point but u crumbled the Whole thing when you said she has a "Misconception " about pre-marital sex.

Any Real Bible Believing and Practicing Believer will not Not have any sex until the Church Wedding is Done..

100%

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Insists No Sex Until Wedding Night Even After Our Traditional Wedding by West2019(m): 4:47pm On Oct 31, 2019
mignone:

Wow!the better for the lady cos getting involved with smone who can't keep an agreement,doubts her claims (of being a virgin), capitalises on bride price, brings sacred matters of d home (a barely established one) to a public forum, etc is DANGEROUS!
pls what did the Bible say about marriage , if stated White wedding and I need the prove pls
Re: My Wife Insists No Sex Until Wedding Night Even After Our Traditional Wedding by mechanics(m): 5:13pm On Oct 31, 2019
ImaIma1:

That is a church rule/doctrine and not according to the Bible.
lolz, tell me what the Bible is saying?
Re: My Wife Insists No Sex Until Wedding Night Even After Our Traditional Wedding by ImaIma1(f): 5:16pm On Oct 31, 2019
DeRay98:

You said it all.
It's our brainwashed mentality that says marriage is not contracted until going to church.
This is problem we're into now.
Why can't both be done within 2days if it must be done.
Traditional marriage where the bride's family has collected her dowry is the totality of the marriage. What we call white/church wedding is the Europeans' own traditional marriage that they sold to us through church.
The church wedding can't hold until the Pastor or priests confirms that the bride's family have collected her dowry.
Unless in a case where the family have accepted that church wedding is their total and no need for traditional marriage.
This long held system where we hold traditional marriage one day and wait for months to conduct church wedding is nonsense and wastage of lots of energy and resources.
Even churches are now conducting very low key and week day marriages in pastor's office with only parents as witnesses, not to keep young people suffering because of grandiose wedding plans.
Once the traditional marriage is done, God recognise bride's parents are the full responsibility for her bethrotal and therefore, conjugal responsibility can start.

If her plan was going to work, she should have done the trad and white in one or two days instead doing traditional and moving in with him and then withholding sex.

It's better she remained in her parents house till the white wedding. It's good to have principles but it's also good to do it with wisdom.

3 Likes

Re: My Wife Insists No Sex Until Wedding Night Even After Our Traditional Wedding by Raalsalghul: 5:31pm On Oct 31, 2019
kunleweb:

No they aren't as they both have not stood before God, but till now have only stood before tradition, parents and men. She wants God's blessings and wants to stand before Him unblemished.

He knew he was dealing with a born again from the onset and should stick by the rules of engagement even obatala,amadioha,sango,oya,yemoje,amadioha,ikenga,Buddha has rules

Don't get it twisted.

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Insists No Sex Until Wedding Night Even After Our Traditional Wedding by ImaIma1(f): 5:31pm On Oct 31, 2019
mechanics:
lolz, tell me what the Bible is saying?

Mention one marriage ceremony in the Bible that was done in the church/synagogue/temple?

As long as the traditional rights for marriage between the families have been done, everything don set.

A close relative of mine has not done white or court since 5years ago. And the interesting thing is that they got a visa to the US as a couple which I thought was impossible.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Insists No Sex Until Wedding Night Even After Our Traditional Wedding by mechanics(m): 5:37pm On Oct 31, 2019
ImaIma1:

Mention one marriage ceremony in the Bible that was done in the church/synagogue/temple?

As long as the traditional rights for marriage between the families have been done, everything don set.

A close relative of mine has not done white or court since 5years ago. And the interesting thing is that they got a visa to the US as a couple which I thought was impossible.
I understand your point using the case of Isaac and Rebecca abi, the church leadership might have think deeply to see reason why couples should not have sex till after the white wedding, being that they are leading us to heaven, we have no choice than to obey.
Re: My Wife Insists No Sex Until Wedding Night Even After Our Traditional Wedding by DozieInc(m): 5:38pm On Oct 31, 2019
midnighter:

Haha a medal...hope it's gold?
Sure it is...
Re: My Wife Insists No Sex Until Wedding Night Even After Our Traditional Wedding by Righteousness89(m): 5:42pm On Oct 31, 2019
iyke0280:

I'm guessing you are a Christian...please help me answer these questions
1)Do you think one becomes married after the church wedding or after the traditional wedding?
2) Do you believe a sin has been committed by a couple who engage in sex after their traditional wedding?
Bible quotes to back up your answers will be appreciated... Let's see if we can learn a thing or two

I will answer your As a Bible Believing Christian..

1. Heb 13:4: Marriage is honorable in all and the bed undefiled.
As a Bible Believing Christian, at what point are you declared fully Married?

The Church is the Body of JESUS CHRIST.
As such a Bible Believing Christian is fully Married after the Pastor or Priest Blesses and pronounces the Couple Married in The Name of JESUS..

2. YES ! Without being Blessed and Declared Married by the Pastor or Priest I will Advice Couples to stay away.. As a Believer the Pronoucement and Blessing of The Church on my Marriage is what gives me the access to my wife...

1 Like

Re: My Wife Insists No Sex Until Wedding Night Even After Our Traditional Wedding by martowskin1(m): 5:47pm On Oct 31, 2019
ImaIma1:

She might actually not be hiding anything but just upholding her principles and views stubbornly.

The bolded could be the best thing to do instead constantly smelling food that he cannot eat.

angry angry angry angry angry smelling food u can't eat, u know things is really going to be rocky for them, because this dude is definitely going to have his own principles and he won't shift ground .... Just for this her act
Re: My Wife Insists No Sex Until Wedding Night Even After Our Traditional Wedding by Datingcomrade(f): 6:07pm On Oct 31, 2019
AwkaetitiBabe:
You both live in the same house since the traditional marriage and no action? Wow wow wow. As in she doesn't get turned on by seeing you up close? Hmmmmm wonderment.

Simply go do the white wedde
The lady doesn't see the guy appealing, she's not into him I guess which I think made her stand on her decision even after traditional marriage which is the main ritual for couples.

What if bros no get money for white wedding, so konji go just finish him whereas him don pay bride price.
Him no be my brother Sha, I for tell him the truth.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Wife Insists No Sex Until Wedding Night Even After Our Traditional Wedding by DeRay98(m): 6:12pm On Oct 31, 2019
ImaIma1:

If her plan was going to work, she should have done the trad and white in one or two days instead doing traditional and moving in with him and then withholding sex.

It's better she remained in her parents house till the white wedding. It's good to have principles but it's also good to do it with wisdom.

Absolutely...
Principles without wisdom and like Zeal without knowledge...
This whole approach by them is dangerous and can lead to "rape" if the guy loses it or whatever....
Let's assume the man dies today, is she entitled to his estate as wife, will she claim his estate as her inheritance I don't she 'll reject it or let his family claim it.
She'll cry out for justice that she's being denied her rights as the widow of the man....

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Insists No Sex Until Wedding Night Even After Our Traditional Wedding by DeRay98(m): 6:21pm On Oct 31, 2019
Righteousness89:

I will answer your As a Bible Believing Christian..

1. Heb 13:4: Marriage is honorable in all and the bed undefiled.
As a Bible Believing Christian, at what point are you declared fully Married?

The Church is the Body of JESUS CHRIST.
As such a Bible Believing Christian is fully Married after the Pastor or Priest Blesses and pronounces the Couple Married in The Name of JESUS..

2. YES ! Without being Blessed and Declared Married by the Pastor or Priest I will Advice Couples to stay away.. As a Believer the Pronoucement and Blessing of The Church on my Marriage is what gives me the access to my wife...
Forget this quotation you're applying wrongly...
Once, the bride parents accepted her dowry the marriage contract is signed sealed and delivered. After that what the church ought to be blessing the marriage.
Performing traditional marriage ceremony and going to church is duplication of process.
Are there no Christians who did only traditional marriage ceremony and goes to regular church service on Sunday and Pastor calls them out to bless the union without any further ceremonies of joining?
It's even becoming the norm for many couples in many churches who have financial challenge...

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (Reply)

Mother Goes Unclad In Birthday Shoot For Her 4-Year-Old Son / When your maid becomes the madam. / Parents How Will You Feel If You Come Back Home & Meet Your Children Like This?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.