Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,583 members, 7,809,114 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:40 PM

Eating Amala, Is This Biblical? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Eating Amala, Is This Biblical? (10130 Views)

Lets See Who Can Answer This Biblical Question About Jesus Death. / The Jesuit Oath That The New Pope Has Taken - Is This Biblical? / I Have Not Eaten Meat Since I Was Born(vegetarian). Is This Biblical Or Demonic? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Eating Amala, Is This Biblical? by Ndipe(m): 4:32am On Nov 16, 2010
Funny and ridiculous question.

(1 Tim 4 1:1-5)
Now the Spirit explicitly says that in the last times some will turn away from the faith by paying attention to deceitful spirits and demonic instructions
through the hypocrisy of liars with branded consciences.
They forbid marriage and require abstinence from foods that God created to be received with thanksgiving by those who believe and know the truth.
For everything created by God is good, and nothing is to be rejected when received with thanksgiving,
for it is made holy by the invocation of God in prayer. 2
Re: Eating Amala, Is This Biblical? by DeepSight(m): 4:56am On Nov 16, 2010
The generality of responses on this thread simply reveal that which must be common knowledge in the world today namely: that the generality of Nigerians are bare faced id.iots.

Y'all are ignoramuses. You would not recognise sattire even if it hit you in the face with a thud at the speed of light.

Please read these posts below and get a grip:

Deep Sight:

Pastor is driving at something more subtle, friends.

The reputation of the man alone should move y'all stop and think.

When a man of such a vast mind and such depth of heart and perception writes such things. . . satire is eminently afoot.

I am not sure I have struck at the base that he is driving at but off the top of my head it looks like two things -

1. The mentality of restricting oneself to ideas that were prevalent at the time of the bible and

2. The mentality that that which is associated with the cultures of fairer races is also more spiritually uplifting than ours.

This, it turns out, is a brilliant sattire against spiritual colonial-mentality, other wise known as KOLO-MENTAL!

Bravo, Pastor.

Krayola:

hehehe. See as pastorAIO start nuclear war because of Amala. I think what he is trying to get at is how people use the bible as a guide for everything, and at what point this exercise may become silly. People have asked questions about all types of practices but hardly ever get the kinds of hostile responses this thread has. I wonder why that is.

How should the Bible guide believers? Are u allowed to do only what the bible explicitly endorses? Are u forbidden to do only what the bible forbids? Is whatever has not been commanded by the Bible forbidden?

e.g. If the Bible does not explicitly condemn/forbid pedophilia does that mean it is allowed?

If someone asks "is Pedophilia unbiblical"? what will an adequate, bible supported, response look like? I've seen some Christians give a lot of Muslims stick for this and I don't think I've ever seen a biblical quote supporting their rejection of the practice.

what about beatiality?

What about the cruel murder of animals for sport?

What about the environment?

What about eating amala? grin

When can we use our own "best" judgment to decide our conduct, and can this ever take precedence over what the Bible says?

Purist:

With the way many have lashed out at Pastor AIO here, it is obvious Nigeria and Nigerians still have a long way to go in Critical Thinking. It is a reminder that not many people are capable of reading in between lines. And we wonder why we're so backward. Some are even quoting bible to "prove him wrong". It's just a satire, damn it! smh.

LEARN, DOLTS.

If any of you bursting your veins can read, read the above quotes and derive some understanding to save your lives.

I should seriously recommend that you take the time to review the historic posts of the OP and see just what a spectacular mind he has.

Jokers.

If na to dey listen to your naija pastors dey abuse una and sh.it on your heads with your own money, una go dey scramble.
Re: Eating Amala, Is This Biblical? by Rhino4dm: 6:34am On Nov 16, 2010
The average IQ of all christains on NLand is below 70,  common coons!. The OP is far far more intellignet than this. No wonder those con men or artist called 'men of Gods' are  milking these goons dry to there last penny with a simple second grade tricks/brain washing. With majority of comments made by the so called christains, how can same people know that jesus is fraud? and majority of these pastors are scam artist?.
Kai!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Eating Amala, Is This Biblical? by DeepSight(m): 6:45am On Nov 16, 2010
Rhino.4dm:

how can same people know that jesus is fraud?

I don't think the blessed teacher from Nazareth was a fraud.

I think humans who followed after him and corrupted his teachings are the frauds.
Re: Eating Amala, Is This Biblical? by Rhino4dm: 7:07am On Nov 16, 2010
Noted. All i meant was the evolutionary jesus being potray by so many people to acheive their selfish desire not the 'real jesus' in the 'real bible'.

Deep Sight:

I don't think the blessed teacher from Nazareth was a fraud.

I think humans who followed after him and corrupted his teachings are the frauds.
Re: Eating Amala, Is This Biblical? by PastorAIO: 8:24am On Nov 16, 2010
I don't think it is that the respondants are idi ots, but simply that most of them never even bothered to read much of the thread before responding.

. . . which i guess is kinda . . . idi otic. Shame.

I kinda regret that the thread was put on the front page cos what it gained in traffic of people responding it lost in the quality of the responses.
Re: Eating Amala, Is This Biblical? by mystikal(m): 9:27am On Nov 16, 2010
there is no unclean food
Re: Eating Amala, Is This Biblical? by Kilode1: 5:50pm On Nov 16, 2010
it is obvious Nigeria and Nigerians still have a long way to go in Critical Thinking

Oh! what won't I give. . .
Re: Eating Amala, Is This Biblical? by InesQor(m): 8:10pm On Nov 16, 2010
This thread is classical evidence that people are faster to speak than to listen. Rather than read the ongoing discussion, they only want to have their voices heard. Pity. . .
Re: Eating Amala, Is This Biblical? by espn(m): 10:51pm On Nov 16, 2010
InesQor:

This thread is classical evidence that people are faster to speak than to listen. Rather than read the ongoing discussion, they only want to have their voices heard. Pity. . .

what r u trying to say, does the thread make sense to you, pls we need some clarity on it,
Re: Eating Amala, Is This Biblical? by PastorAIO: 2:06am On Nov 17, 2010
espn:

what r u trying to say, does the thread make sense to you, pls we need some clarity on it,

What you need to do is to read through the thread ignoring the posts of those who went straight to responding without reading the thread (including yours). Those posts are usually one liners and are abusive in content. It won't take long, maybe about 3 posts for each page.
Re: Eating Amala, Is This Biblical? by budwizer(m): 2:59pm On Nov 17, 2010
Its very obvious that the poster is so very myopic about his views and about Christianity generally.
Re: Eating Amala, Is This Biblical? by Krayola(m): 3:08pm On Nov 17, 2010
haha  grin . Baba nla breakdown of communication. I think most of us are guilty of skipping pages of posts but at least read the first few and the last few to get some hint about the conversation that is going on. 5 pages of virtually nothing. So sad. This thread for sweet.
Re: Eating Amala, Is This Biblical? by PastorAIO: 3:42pm On Nov 17, 2010
budwizer:

Its very obvious that the poster is so very myopic about his views and about Christianity generally.

What do you understand by the word 'myopic'? Is christianity not confined to the bible? Or do we now need eyes that can see beyond such confines? Please, explanation me thoroughfully pleases.
Re: Eating Amala, Is This Biblical? by DeepSight(m): 5:57pm On Nov 17, 2010
[Edit]
Re: Eating Amala, Is This Biblical? by Carlosein(m): 10:39am On Nov 18, 2010
Krayola:

haha  grin . Baba nla breakdown of communication. I think most of us are guilty of skipping pages of posts but at least read the first few and the last few to get some hint about the conversation that is going on. 5 pages of virtually nothing. So sad. This thread for sweet.

make it 'some'.
Re: Eating Amala, Is This Biblical? by trimandtrendy(f): 11:43am On Nov 18, 2010
this is a joke abi? amala is demonic? very funny. so in other words, since you are dark skinned (black) you are of the devil abi? please look for more important posts to write
Re: Eating Amala, Is This Biblical? by jibsyola(f): 12:10pm On Nov 18, 2010
very funny.
Re: Eating Amala, Is This Biblical? by Krayola(m): 12:19pm On Nov 18, 2010
Carlosein:

make it 'some'.

Leave them as MY thoughts. lol. I think most do it  . .I could be wrong though (please look thru this thread, for example, and check out the stats).

Also, most is some. .  abi?  grin
Re: Eating Amala, Is This Biblical? by 234GT(m): 12:45pm On Nov 18, 2010
@ poster. Na waaah o. Anything black is of the devil and anything white is of God.
Re: Eating Amala, Is This Biblical? by youngies(m): 5:53pm On Nov 18, 2010
Taking this thread to the homepage just 'destroyed' the essence.

I was hoping to learn a thing or two from the usual suspects
Re: Eating Amala, Is This Biblical? by Ladyrsky46: 11:29pm On Nov 18, 2010
I thought I had seen randomness. This just takes it to ANOTHER level. shocked
God made plants and animals for us to feed on. He even told Paul that nothing He made is unclean. Now amala. Would you rather we import food again from Israel so we eat "Biblically"? undecided Bless your amala and eat it.
PS: I hope the poster is joking though.
Re: Eating Amala, Is This Biblical? by Carlosein(m): 1:17pm On Nov 19, 2010
Krayola:

Leave them as MY thoughts. lol. I think most do it  . .I could be wrong though (please look thru this thread, for example, and check out the stats).

Also, most is some. .  abi?
  grin

for your mind, abi? grin
Re: Eating Amala, Is This Biblical? by tolushi(m): 10:27pm On Nov 19, 2010
-
Re: Eating Amala, Is This Biblical? by Gyanosei1: 5:37pm On Nov 21, 2010
Can someone tell me why you guys love this droppings so much    sad . Personally I wouldn't touch it with a loooong stick.
Re: Eating Amala, Is This Biblical? by Gamine(f): 7:22pm On Dec 01, 2010
Came across this question today in a discussion with someone
and then I remembered Nairaland,

Sure, It is Biblical.
Romans 14
Colossians 2:16-23

How can you go wrong.
Re: Eating Amala, Is This Biblical? by HomoSapiien: 6:32am On Oct 27, 2016
PastorAIO:
Dear brothers and sisters I have a big problem. I have a predilection for Amala, that is the meal that is made from Yam flour. I can eat it at anytime of the day or night and I am sure that if I get a whiff of it in my sleep I can sleepwalk to it and scoff the whole pot before going back to bed without even waking up. You all will just wake up to find that there is no more amala in the pot.

Now my problem, and it is a big one, lies in the fact that there is absolutely no mention of Amala in the bible. Not even Yam. This is very worrisome for me. If it was Iyan, that is pounded yam, that one is still better because it is white in colour and so might connote some sort of holiness. But Amala is BLACK! Could this be the devil's food.

Please help!!

Yes, definitely anything black is devilish.
Re: Eating Amala, Is This Biblical? by PastorAIO: 2:18pm On Apr 15, 2017
tosinaded:
@poster
Either ure a clown or ure a fool. . . .

St.up.dity at its peak,cant biliv sum posters are tryn to prove it sef!
Nonsense

Can't I be a foolish Clown?

Oh dear. I ate amala again recently.
Re: Eating Amala, Is This Biblical? by PastorAIO: 2:34pm On Feb 18, 2018
Basildon1:

C'mon,you should know the guy's pedigree to know that he is trying to get at something. U dont read Animal Farm and go about thinking pigs can talk or they rule other animals.

No, but many read the bible and believe that Donkey's talked and snake too.

The matter has become very interesting for me now because it has become clearer and clearer to me that in spite of all the insistence on being biblical most christians will actually run away when you begin to argue from a biblical basis.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What Christians Say When They Are Losing Arguments (For Atheists) / Joagbaje Was Right About Ebola, Jesus Is The Cure, AnotherEbola Victim Testifies / Theory Of Evolution Debunked! Evolutionists Pls View Intelligently.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.