Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,491 members, 7,808,817 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:20 PM

Should I Continue This Relationship Or Quit? - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should I Continue This Relationship Or Quit? (38630 Views)

Should I Continue This Relationship Or Just End It.. Matured Advice Only / Ladies Your First Visit And You Saw Him Like This Will You Continue Or Quit? / Should I Marry Her Or Quit? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Continue This Relationship Or Quit? by Emmy157: 8:43pm On Oct 30, 2019
I will advice you give her some time.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Continue This Relationship Or Quit? by Lamanii22(f): 8:43pm On Oct 30, 2019
Korllami007:

This is a simple sturv. All you have to do is invite the girl's father and her mother to your house or for a dinner so that they can both tell you the two sides of the story.

Great idea

1 Like

Re: Should I Continue This Relationship Or Quit? by deavicky(m): 8:44pm On Oct 30, 2019
rottennaija:
You should know this important rule of life, no 2 situations are ever the same.
but sometimes it has similarity

1 Like

Re: Should I Continue This Relationship Or Quit? by akaahs(m): 8:45pm On Oct 30, 2019
RedCreme21:
It doesnt mean history would repeat itself. The issue might be personal for her (i was raise by my mum alone. Although she's a widow, i hate talking about my past, too many bitter memories). Might be the same with her. Or its as she said. If she's a good girl, dont hesitate to marry her. All that 'children raised by single parents are bad' rubbish aint true. Infact we grow up with more determination not to make the same mistakes as our parents. Thats why we excel wink
Don't u read d part that he said devorce is an issue for his parents abi u dey talk to the parents ni?

2 Likes

Re: Should I Continue This Relationship Or Quit? by midnighter(f): 8:46pm On Oct 30, 2019
Korllami007:

This is a simple sturv. All you have to do is invite the girl's father and her mother to your house or for a dinner so that they can both tell you the two sides of the story.

Lol but do you genuinely think this would work?? Auntie pouring out her relationship failure to you when she couldn't even tell her own baby?

Maybe I'm not getting something here

1 Like

Re: Should I Continue This Relationship Or Quit? by Pennyways: 8:52pm On Oct 30, 2019
frankyskyboi:
I started a relationship with a lady in March this year and it's been going on well though she works in Lagos while I'm in the eastern part of the country.

When we were at the introductory part of the relationship, I asked about her family and she told me they are separated. I asked what's the reason for the separation and she said its due to irreconcilable differences and they separated when she was a toddler that it's her dad that raised her up tho she keeps contact occasionally with her mum.

She stays with her aunts in Lagos. I asked if she asked both parents to know why and she said she only asked her dad and he said he doesn't want her mum to be working class and she insisted to be One that he wants her to be a stay at home wife. I asked if she heard from her mum and she said no. She also said her aunts said same thing her dad said.

The reason really didn't go down well with me as it's too flimsy and I've told her to ask her mum and she keeps procrastinating or giving one excuse or the other. It beats my imagination how a grown up adult can't know with conviction why her parents separated or I guess the truth is being hidden.

I'm bringing this up here because my brother married from a separated home and it was war before my parents gave consent. If she can't give me concrete reason why the parents broke up which I'll present before my parents, I really don't know how the relationship can move forward because we detest divorce in our family.

Please I need your advice if I should continue or quit.
my friend you are stupid go and find urself a good life

Mamas boy

2 Likes

Re: Should I Continue This Relationship Or Quit? by Korllami007: 8:53pm On Oct 30, 2019
midnighter:

Lol but do you genuinely think this would work?? Auntie pouring out her relationship failure to you when she couldn't even tell her own baby?

Maybe I'm not getting something here

I'm being sarcastic. Op won't even dare such.

1 Like

Re: Should I Continue This Relationship Or Quit? by Isoduwa(m): 8:55pm On Oct 30, 2019
Go and make money $ first before asking questions
Re: Should I Continue This Relationship Or Quit? by Omar09(m): 8:55pm On Oct 30, 2019
frankyskyboi:
I started a relationship with a lady in March this year and it's been going on well though she works in Lagos while I'm in the eastern part of the country.

When we were at the introductory part of the relationship, I asked about her family and she told me they are separated. I asked what's the reason for the separation and she said its due to irreconcilable differences and they separated when she was a toddler that it's her dad that raised her up tho she keeps contact occasionally with her mum.

She stays with her aunts in Lagos. I asked if she asked both parents to know why and she said she only asked her dad and he said he doesn't want her mum to be working class and she insisted to be One that he wants her to be a stay at home wife. I asked if she heard from her mum and she said no. She also said her aunts said same thing her dad said.

The reason really didn't go down well with me as it's too flimsy and I've told her to ask her mum and she keeps procrastinating or giving one excuse or the other. It beats my imagination how a grown up adult can't know with conviction why her parents separated or I guess the truth is being hidden.

I'm bringing this up here because my brother married from a separated home and it was war before my parents gave consent. If she can't give me concrete reason why the parents broke up which I'll present before my parents, I really don't know how the relationship can move forward because we detest divorce in our family.

Well sir if I may chip in, you are not in position to make her ask her mother. You don't dabble into people's private life tho you two are together. You have to let her be since she doesn't want find out, it's either she's the hiding something from you or she was brainwashed as kid, either way don't blame her. Since your parents won't agree to such union better quit now it's still a baby. N you both are on long distance relationships so it ain't gonna be a big deal. Leave sir. Take it from me.

3 Likes

Re: Should I Continue This Relationship Or Quit? by Chukwudi4naija(m): 8:56pm On Oct 30, 2019
frankyskyboi:
Thanks for your opinions.. I'm sorry I can't move ahead with such relationship until I know my woman and where she's coming from in totality. We may underrate this but it's very vital especially in my family. I can't take a one sided story and even if she pops up an answer tomorrow, I'll still do my background investigation. Before presenting her to my parents, they'll ask her same questions I'm asking her so to save the headache, it's better she does the needful.
I don't think you're mature for marriage yet. You have not completely separated from the dictate of your family and that is woeful for someone who is contemplating marriage. Any girl that marries you mistakenly at this your present mental status will forever be miserable. So sorry if I crossed the boundary of sensitivity, but that is the truth from a brother.

4 Likes

Re: Should I Continue This Relationship Or Quit? by funshint(m): 8:57pm On Oct 30, 2019
She alrdy gave u an answer....what else do u want?! Don't let me conclude you're not fit to marry her...
Re: Should I Continue This Relationship Or Quit? by wristbangle: 8:57pm On Oct 30, 2019
frankyskyboi:

Her family background isn't enough reason for you to bow out except if your level of maturity is questionable. For God's sake, act like a man and stop being childish using her parent's predicament to judge her. Do you think it's easy nursing past wounds? Take a leaf from men out there who handle theirs and the challenges of their wife's families without tainting their reputation, dignity, foresight and respect.

Do you think couples who have happy home have perfect relatives?

2 Likes

Re: Should I Continue This Relationship Or Quit? by tsmith(f): 8:59pm On Oct 30, 2019
The idiotic mongrel even though been in a relationship since March, was in August desperately looking for dates up n down different threads.

Mr you're just looking for excuse, may she drop you like a hot potato.

Yes I had to go dig your level of absurdity and didnt have to dig far, SMFH!!!

4 Likes

Re: Should I Continue This Relationship Or Quit? by henzy4life: 9:00pm On Oct 30, 2019
@OP if u genuinely LOVE her, just do investigations behind her to ascertain the core reason for the separation and when u have gathered the info, pretend u haven't heard anything but tell her that u really want to know the truth,not that u are against her parents separation.tell her to open up to u cos ur parents will go and do the investigations by themselves and if they find out that the reason she gave u initially wasn't true,that they won't support the marriage. By Then she will download the story for u.regardless of the reasons for divorce this days, the person will definitely open up with the whole story to someone else, don't make her feel rejected among the society (stigmatization), rather tell her that u only want to Know the truth. Such ladies are ALWAYS strong in marriage cos they won't want such a thing to happen to them

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Continue This Relationship Or Quit? by MariaAngeles: 9:02pm On Oct 30, 2019
sonnie10:
If truly she doesn’t know, then what her mum did was really bad. Maybe she cheated.
The dad as a wise man is trying to preserve what little dignity that is left of her by not rubbishing her with the child.
Sorry to say, be you will never hear the real story.
I quite agree with you .
Re: Should I Continue This Relationship Or Quit? by alizma: 9:03pm On Oct 30, 2019
frankyskyboi:

I think you should focus your energy in determining whether you are both compatible rather than focusing on her parents incompatibility. Who told you that her parents staying together will guarantee you guys success in marriage?

2 Likes

Re: Should I Continue This Relationship Or Quit? by ATTemi: 9:03pm On Oct 30, 2019
Sometimes ladies fall in love too but would be scared to let you into their past or shitty family cause they feel you’ll leave them.

Whichever is the situation, if you love her, marry her, divorced family or not. Most of ladies from divorced homes crave for love too.

Your parent’s conclusion about divorced homes, is not really a fact. It is their opinion, make yours!

2 Likes

Re: Should I Continue This Relationship Or Quit? by MariaAngeles: 9:04pm On Oct 30, 2019
BOOOMNAIJA:
When two of u were nacking each other, did u call us to contribute?.... why disturbing us now?
Your foolishness keep increasing undecided
How did you know they "nack" ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Continue This Relationship Or Quit? by Jaqenhghar: 9:07pm On Oct 30, 2019
frankyskyboi:

What's your business. Are you marrying her or her mother? Na the problem with Niggerians be that una go ignore the important things and focus on what is not important

2 Likes

Re: Should I Continue This Relationship Or Quit? by midnighter(f): 9:08pm On Oct 30, 2019
Korllami007:

I'm being sarcastic. Op won't even dare such.

That's what I thought! But people keep quoting you saying it sounds like a great idea that's why I was confused lol
Re: Should I Continue This Relationship Or Quit? by yeyeosoronga: 9:16pm On Oct 30, 2019
It's really not your business nor that of your family why her parents separated.
She was polite enough to give you a reason, yet you still dispute it and say she is lying.
Some people have divorced over pressing toothpaste from the middle instead of the end.
Please, if you cannot marry her becasue of her background kindly cut off the relationship and look for someone who is your specs

2 Likes

Re: Should I Continue This Relationship Or Quit? by emmysoftyou: 9:20pm On Oct 30, 2019
midnighter:

I understand you and I am Igbo myself but no need mentioning tribe right now because this situation can apply to anybody and its not like anybody's parent would like them to marry a problem.

It's difficult for people to open up about some certain things, he should just give her a chance if really he likes her.

Some people are ashamed or embarrassed about the past, Some peoples parents are selfish and won't like them to succeed where they have failed. Some people are just unreasonable and won't like to help you even if you are their daughter. If they get angry at all the girls questions and chase her and stop talking to her for like 3 months, then what?

Or you think everybody is normal just because they gave birth to a child? He should keep investigating but take it easy on her, it's not her fault
oh sister, I can understand ur direction now as a lady you're..

Note: I thought I was quoting a guy..I'm sorry for calling u a brother instead of a sister..
Thanks anyway for the input. I understood ur points.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Continue This Relationship Or Quit? by ZZ22: 9:29pm On Oct 30, 2019
frankyskyboi:

don't mind these people bashing you, you know how serious marriage is in this side. I'd advise you to get all necessary information about her and her family background before making her a wife.

3 Likes

Re: Should I Continue This Relationship Or Quit? by Nonywendy(m): 9:43pm On Oct 30, 2019
frankyskyboi:
Thanks for your opinions.. I'm sorry I can't move ahead with such relationship until I know my woman and where she's coming from in totality. We may underrate this but it's very vital especially in my family. I can't take a one sided story and even if she pops up an answer tomorrow, I'll still do my background investigation. Before presenting her to my parents, they'll ask her same questions I'm asking her so to save the headache, it's better she does the needful.
Bro, u made a right choice. Don't listen to one sided story cos it must be biased. Move on of she refused to explain to u

1 Like

Re: Should I Continue This Relationship Or Quit? by Acidosis(m): 10:02pm On Oct 30, 2019
Take the recommendations on the first page from immature boyfriends and girlfriends at your own peril.

Better move on with your life if she's not going to talk or act.

You would be a very stup!d person to marry someone you have little or no information about her background and family.

Marriage is not a joke. Don't open this kind of thread on romance section again.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Continue This Relationship Or Quit? by Nobody: 10:04pm On Oct 30, 2019
Well, once again, I appreciate your opinion. The fact is that I love her very much. So even if she had told me infidelity caused the parent's separation, I would still go ahead at least for being honest. It's the Igbo tradition to do necessary enquiries before marrying your spouse and I respect it. So all those saying be mature,you don't love her and you're not ready bla bla bla.. you're entitled to your opinion. If something comes up later in the marriage and i bring it up, the same hypocrites would still ask me why didn't I investigate well before marriage and start giving me yeye marriage counseling. Thank you all. Criticism is highly welcome

4 Likes

Re: Should I Continue This Relationship Or Quit? by Acidosis(m): 10:10pm On Oct 30, 2019
frankyskyboi:
Well, once again, I appreciate your opinion. The fact is that I love her very much. So even if she had told me infidelity caused the parent's separation, I would still go ahead at least for being honest. It's the Igbo tradition to do necessary enquiries before marrying your spouse and I respect it. So all those saying be mature,you don't love her and you're not ready bla bla bla.. you're entitled to your opinion. If something comes up later in the marriage and i bring it up, the same hypocrites would still ask me why didn't I investigate well before marriage and start giving me yeye marriage counseling. Thank you all. Criticism is highly welcome

That's why you shouldn't take them and their words seriously. It is better to marry SATAN, than end up with bad in-laws. Take your time to know your in-laws and why they're separated.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Continue This Relationship Or Quit? by SolarEdge: 10:22pm On Oct 30, 2019
Ayam coming

LET THE SUN PAY YOUR ELECTRICITY BILL.. CALL US NOW
Re: Should I Continue This Relationship Or Quit? by Mires: 10:23pm On Oct 30, 2019
Wetin Musa no go see for gate
Re: Should I Continue This Relationship Or Quit? by OSUigboFlatHead(f): 10:30pm On Oct 30, 2019
frankyskyboi:

Imagine the rubbish you just typed... I can't believe my eyes...
How old are you?

You are definitely not matured enough for marriage... I pity that unfortunate girl.
Rubbish!

1 Like

Re: Should I Continue This Relationship Or Quit? by dbanjj1629(m): 10:48pm On Oct 30, 2019
Bros na wa for you oo. Why are you taking the reason for the separation as if your life depends on it. Mind your business and stay focus. She will tell you what you need to know in due time you dont need to force it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

My Fiancée Wants To Visit Her Ex That Came To Town. / A Soldier's Pre Wedding Photoshoot / Romance Section Battles 1.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.