Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,582 members, 7,809,112 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:33 PM

Am Slowly Becoming An Atheist - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Am Slowly Becoming An Atheist (543 Views)

I Am Slowly Turning An Atheist / I'm Slowly Becoming an agnostic! / I'm An Atheist That Thinks That Premarital Sex Is Wrong. Is This Unusual? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Am Slowly Becoming An Atheist by Nobody: 11:39pm On Oct 30, 2019
I believe in God I don't doubt dat but d attitude of Christians and pastors is making me have a change of heart I can't even pray for five minutes
Anything I can do to come back to christ
Re: Am Slowly Becoming An Atheist by Heartbender: 11:46pm On Oct 30, 2019
Yes. Read your bible. The attitude of men should not draw you from your Maker. The attitude of God should be your focus

4 Likes

Re: Am Slowly Becoming An Atheist by heendrix(m): 11:56pm On Oct 30, 2019
Gabbyodogwu:
I believe in God I don't doubt dat but d attitude of Christians and pastors is making me have a change of heart I can't even pray for five minutes
see below, it should help

Romans 8:35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or unclothedness, or peril, or sword?

8:36 As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.

8:37 Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.

8:38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,

8:39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

1 Like

Re: Am Slowly Becoming An Atheist by Vulcanheph(m): 12:15am On Oct 31, 2019
Op You can relax, there is nothing wrong with You, You have just started becoming enlightened and You have come to see religion as a whole For What it truly is...... Go and read the book titled "the da vinci code" and you will get my point.
As far as christianity is concerned i always keep an open mind and to look at things from different perspectives and my life has never been the same since then.........i won't say i'm a 100% Christian (Even though officially that's my religion) but these days i've come to see my self as someone who believes in God 100% but not Through religion.......because religion today especially Nigeria has turned into a business empire which explains why there are so many churches.

I wish i can tell You more but i Can't type....

5 Likes

Re: Am Slowly Becoming An Atheist by etrange: 12:58am On Oct 31, 2019
It's "I am".
Re: Am Slowly Becoming An Atheist by RandomGuy48: 3:16am On Oct 31, 2019
Vulcanheph:
Op You can relax, there is nothing wrong with You, You have just started becoming enlightened and You have come to see religion as a whole For What it truly is...... Go and read the book titled "the da vinci code" and you will get my point.
The Da Vinci Code's claims about the history of Christianity are thoroughly inaccurate, which would normally be forgivable as it's a fictional novel, but Dan Brown claims those aspects to be true. Problem is, Dan Brown (the author) is utterly incapable of doing proper research, which leads to not only the monumental errors in The Da Vinci Code, but other cringe-inducing errors of fact in his other novels about all sorts of other things.

Furthermore, even if its facts were accurate, you'd still have the awfully big problem that The Da Vinci Code is really poorly written anyway.

1 Like

Re: Am Slowly Becoming An Atheist by judedwriter(m): 6:18am On Oct 31, 2019
Gabbyodogwu:

Spend more time to read your Bible; do not trust any one 100%

2 Likes

Re: Am Slowly Becoming An Atheist by orunto27: 6:58am On Oct 31, 2019
You don't have Problem, that's why you're becoming superstitious. The Failures of The Pastors and Priests you see are Judgements of God for those Failings. Apply Psalm 4:4-5 and ask God for Wisdom and Understanding Heart for your Redemption IJN AMEN.

1 Like

Re: Am Slowly Becoming An Atheist by Vulcanheph(m): 7:52am On Oct 31, 2019
RandomGuy48:
The Da Vinci Code's claims about the history of Christianity are thoroughly inaccurate, which would normally be forgivable as it's a fictional novel, but Dan Brown claims those aspects to be true. Problem is, Dan Brown (the author) is utterly incapable of doing proper research, which leads to not only the monumental errors in The Da Vinci Code, but other cringe-inducing errors of fact in his other novels about all sorts of other things.

Furthermore, even if its facts were accurate, you'd still have the awfully big problem that The Da Vinci Code is really poorly written anyway.
At the Begining of the novel dan brown himself let's us know that the book is Merely fiction, and most facts there were not Accurate, but after readin the book i started lookin at christianity from an entirly different perspective....

1 Like

Re: Am Slowly Becoming An Atheist by Nobody: 8:50am On Oct 31, 2019
Gabbyodogwu:
The biggest mistake you made was to hinge your belief or relationship with God on men in the first place.

So that's the first thing you must correct, remove any influence of man in your worship of God, because most of these men you are putting your trust in are not even known by Jesus in the first place, for many of them would be rejected by Him on that day. Matthew 7:22-23 (KJV)

Therefore you must forget about what men do, but ensure that you do what you need to do for Jesus Himself to know you, so that on that day that one on one connection with God would count for you.

That's the secret of my walk with God, and why there's nothing that men do that would make me to have second thoughts about God, because my relationship with God is between me and Him and no one else, hence no man can put asunder.

God bless.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Am Slowly Becoming An Atheist by newlandf: 3:30pm On Oct 31, 2019
at
Re: Am Slowly Becoming An Atheist by Nobody: 7:16pm On Aug 26, 2020
Gabbyodogwu:

BELIEVE connotes TRUST, you can't believe who you don't know, you can't believe (trust) in someone then say "the attitude of others is making you to doubt the very existence of the person you trusted"

So my friend, you never believed (trusted) in God!

You must learn about the invisible God before you can develop faith in him. Who preached to you in order to make you believe (trust) in God! Romans 10:13-15

You need to meet the true Christians, there is nothing like Pastors amongst them, it's a religious title to weaken people's brains so that they don't ask thought provoking questions! smiley
Re: Am Slowly Becoming An Atheist by achorladey: 10:25pm On Aug 26, 2020
Gabbyodogwu:

Gabbyodogwu: Anything I can do to come back to christ

Achorladey: Take a look at this scripture below when you are through with the below go over Romans 12: 1- to the end and see where you are LACKING

1 Peter 2:

20 For what glory is it, if, when ye be buffeted for your faults, ye shall take it patiently? but if, when ye do well, and suffer for it, ye take it patiently, this is acceptable with God.

21 For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps:

22 Who did no sin, neither was guile found in his mouth:

23 Who, when he was reviled, reviled not again; when he suffered, he threatened not; but committed himself to him that judgeth righteously:

24 Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

25 For ye were as sheep going astray; but are now returned unto the Shepherd and Bishop of your souls.

Pay attention to all the bolded part?

Who is the SHEPHERD and BISHOP of your SOUL?

Are your current PASTORS and those you see as fellow Christian free of this ......Who did no sin, neither was guile found in his mouth

Who did deputy JESUS grin grin grin grin sorry PETER the person tasked to work as a SHEPHERD wrote in this account that you should follow?

The poster above me said........there is nothing like Pastors amongst them, it's a religious title to weaken people's brains so that they don't ask thought provoking questions

Please ask is it that they don't have RANK at all in their MIDST, they don't commit SINS like your pastors and their LEADERS don't weak the brains of their members grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Pastor!!!teaches How To Lick P*ssyin Church [ Watch ] / Prophet Muhammad is a pig / How To Consult Ifa On Your Phone (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.