Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,505 members, 7,781,545 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 04:39 PM

Olufemi Michael Abikoye To Nigerians In Ghana: 'Go Back Home' - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Olufemi Michael Abikoye To Nigerians In Ghana: 'Go Back Home' (40674 Views)

Fakeye Olufemi: Carpenters, Taxi Drivers Should Pay Tax — They Make Money / Taiwo Olufemi Asaniyi About-to-wed Pilot Dies In Kaduna Crash (Photo) / Sarah Alade Sues Alfred Olufemi And Gidado Yushau, Demands N500 Million (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Olufemi Michael Abikoye To Nigerians In Ghana: 'Go Back Home' by Problemkid1: 12:53am On Oct 31, 2019
The Nigerian High Commissioner to Ghana, His Excellency Ambassador Olufemi Michael Abikoye has told their citizens particularly those doing businesses in Ghana to return home since the economy of Nigeria is now in a good shape

"Things are getting better in Nigeria and I can assure you. ..And I don't see any reason why we should not be proud of Nigeria", the High Commissioner admonished in a meeting with the members of the Nigeria Union of Traders Association Ghana (NUTAG) in Kumasi over the weekend covered by the reporter, Kwabena Danso-Dapaah.

Shops owned by Nigerians at Suame in Kumasi, the capital of the Ashanti Region, were recently ransacked by raucous Ghanaian youths in the early hours of Wednesday, 19 June 2019 by the locals to register their displeasure against a decision by the Ghana Union Traders Association (GUTA) to reopen closed Nigerian retail shops.

"Anywhere in the world when you hear any two Black Men making an achievement, it is either the two are Nigerians or at least one other is Nigeria", Excellency Ambassador Olufemi Michael Abikoye are Sensitization and Interactive Session with Ashanti Regional Security Council (RESEC) stated.

Nigerian traders closed their shops temporarily on Friday, 14 June 2019 over what they described as attacks from their Ghanaian counterparts.

The Ghanaian traders argue that they are only enforcing the laws of Ghana which bar foreigners from engaging in the retail sub-sector, a preserve of Ghanaians.

The rampaging youth, who wore red bands and attires, also lit car tyres as part of their protest.

The Ghanaians also expressed anger about the kidnapping scourge in the country which involves Nigerian suspects.

They, therefore, resolved and threatened to deal with the Nigerians since the authorities have not been able to intervene in the matter.

Source: Kwabena Danso-Dapaah

https://mobile.ghanaweb.com/GhanaHomePage/NewsArchive/Go-back-home-Nigerian-High-Commissioner-tells-Nigerians-in-Ghana-794159

8 Likes

Re: Olufemi Michael Abikoye To Nigerians In Ghana: 'Go Back Home' by MANNABBQGRILLS: 12:54am On Oct 31, 2019
GBAM!!

40 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Olufemi Michael Abikoye To Nigerians In Ghana: 'Go Back Home' by Damsyjay(m): 12:58am On Oct 31, 2019
True talk

26 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Olufemi Michael Abikoye To Nigerians In Ghana: 'Go Back Home' by FarahAideed: 1:07am On Oct 31, 2019
This man is mad Sha grin grin..things getting better indeed grin? Till now the NBS is being stopped from releasing the qtrly unemployment data and the number of Nigerians falling into poverty is on the increase , insecurity is at its peak with a whole Court of Appeal Judge kidnapped .. Ambassador stop fooling yaself

259 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Olufemi Michael Abikoye To Nigerians In Ghana: 'Go Back Home' by Fadomero(m): 1:51am On Oct 31, 2019
To wish home biko this same naija that is getting worse everyday my brothers no mind the actor, naija is hotter than fire

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Olufemi Michael Abikoye To Nigerians In Ghana: 'Go Back Home' by CanadaOrBust: 1:52am On Oct 31, 2019
Lagos is overcrowded. Let them stay there

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Olufemi Michael Abikoye To Nigerians In Ghana: 'Go Back Home' by MANNABBQGRILLS: 2:02am On Oct 31, 2019
CanadaOrBust:
Lagos is overcrowded. Let them stay there
Last time we checked, Lagos is not the only state in Nigeria.

92 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Olufemi Michael Abikoye To Nigerians In Ghana: 'Go Back Home' by roymary: 2:09am On Oct 31, 2019
See as e dey lie to them as if the people no dey talk to people back home.

There is an ongoing, embarrassing level of poverty in Nigeria ! Business and individual bankruptcy all over Nigeria yet these mad people keep deceiving the gullible as if na another planet dem dey live.

Abi na two Nigeria dey now wey we no know?? Very Weird government.

undecided undecided

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Olufemi Michael Abikoye To Nigerians In Ghana: 'Go Back Home' by roymary: 2:16am On Oct 31, 2019
post=83611676:

I know you are nothing but an APC Bot -Let's hope the rotten meat you grill on a regular has not ruined your discernment completely. Do you know why Lagos is overcrowded? I guess not-

Lagos is packed because people are suffering back home. They all left their various states with the hope of achieving some miracles in Lagos.

I know the agenda is to ensure the west and south become financially handicapped so the North can easily transmit power to their next generation but somehow Nigeria will overpower her oppressors.

Wicked government.

undecided undecided undecided

106 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Olufemi Michael Abikoye To Nigerians In Ghana: 'Go Back Home' by CanadaOrBust: 2:16am On Oct 31, 2019
post=83611676:

Everybody knows they’ll all come to Lagos

20 Likes

Re: Olufemi Michael Abikoye To Nigerians In Ghana: 'Go Back Home' by slimfit1(m): 2:18am On Oct 31, 2019
That guy is smoking something really strong.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Olufemi Michael Abikoye To Nigerians In Ghana: 'Go Back Home' by oneman2k7: 3:12am On Oct 31, 2019
No mind am, he wan set u up. japa as far as u can

2 Likes

Re: Olufemi Michael Abikoye To Nigerians In Ghana: 'Go Back Home' by Eventspro23: 3:13am On Oct 31, 2019
Nothing like home

4 Likes

Re: Olufemi Michael Abikoye To Nigerians In Ghana: 'Go Back Home' by MANNABBQGRILLS: 3:52am On Oct 31, 2019
CanadaOrBust:

Everybody knows they’ll all come to Lagos
Everybody?!
Okies....

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Olufemi Michael Abikoye To Nigerians In Ghana: 'Go Back Home' by MANNABBQGRILLS: 3:55am On Oct 31, 2019
roymary:

I know you are nothing but an APC Bot -Let's hope the rotten meat you grill on a regular has not ruined your discernment completely. Do you know why Lagos is overcrowded? I guess not-

Lagos is packed because people are suffering back home. They all left their various states with the hope of achieving some miracles in Lagos.

I know the agenda is to ensure the west and south become financially handicapped so the North can easily transmit power to their next generation but somehow Nigeria will overpower her oppressors.

Wicked government.

By now you should have known @ don't reply losers, especially as the supreme court final judgement came less than 16 hours ago.
You go wail, ya neck go long...
U neva see chomtin kiddo........
Happy wailing......

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Olufemi Michael Abikoye To Nigerians In Ghana: 'Go Back Home' by Bola146(f): 4:36am On Oct 31, 2019
grin grin my stomach ooooo...
Re: Olufemi Michael Abikoye To Nigerians In Ghana: 'Go Back Home' by NkemChukwudi: 4:55am On Oct 31, 2019
roymary:

Lagos is packed because people Igbo are suffering back home. They all left their various Igbo states with the hope of achieving some miracles in Lagos.

Wicked government.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olufemi Michael Abikoye To Nigerians In Ghana: 'Go Back Home' by tungamaje: 5:27am On Oct 31, 2019
This must be an old news. Are Ghanaians still attacking Nigerian shop owners in their country? If yes, then they should return home

2 Likes

Re: Olufemi Michael Abikoye To Nigerians In Ghana: 'Go Back Home' by Flowxx: 6:09am On Oct 31, 2019
post=83612160:

By now you should have known @ don't reply losers, especially as the supreme court final judgement came less than 16 hours ago.
You go wail, ya neck go long...
U neva see chomtin kiddo........
Happy wailing......

I pity you...

Bad mouth go kill you
Mark my word!

8 Likes

Re: Olufemi Michael Abikoye To Nigerians In Ghana: 'Go Back Home' by EkperemoEgbabi: 6:36am On Oct 31, 2019
post=83611149:
GBAM!!

Ozuo

6 Likes

Re: Olufemi Michael Abikoye To Nigerians In Ghana: 'Go Back Home' by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:37am On Oct 31, 2019
Rule 2 to be successful in life : Ignore losers!

10 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Olufemi Michael Abikoye To Nigerians In Ghana: 'Go Back Home' by helinues: 6:39am On Oct 31, 2019
How about the security aspect and Up Nepa issues?

Abi Dem don return ni

2 Likes

Re: Olufemi Michael Abikoye To Nigerians In Ghana: 'Go Back Home' by helinues: 6:42am On Oct 31, 2019
roymary:

Wicked government.

You mean states they left dont have governors, senators and Reps?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olufemi Michael Abikoye To Nigerians In Ghana: 'Go Back Home' by Flowxx: 6:42am On Oct 31, 2019
post=83613568:
Rule 2 to be successful in life : Ignore losers!

Of course, you're the chief loser...

15 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Aisha Buhari Hosts End Of The Year Gathering Of Social Media Change Agents -Pics / Zero Vote For Atiku In Adams Oshiomole's Polling Unit- The Cable / APC, FG Hounded Alamieyeseigha To Death - Fayose

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.