Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,545 members, 7,809,005 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:00 PM

Nairaland "oputa" Panel For Truth And Reconciliation - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nairaland "oputa" Panel For Truth And Reconciliation (1242 Views)

Photos Of Charles Oputa, CharlyBoy, In Hospital / Pictures From The Burial Of Late Justice Oputa / Oputa Panel: The Tale Of A Neglected Supposed Remedy For Injustices (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairaland "oputa" Panel For Truth And Reconciliation by fstranger: 11:44pm On Nov 12, 2010
My sympathies go to the relations, families, friends and well wishers of those who have been offended at one time or the other over trivail issues bordering on tribalism and hatred for fellow Nigerians and non-Nigerians. My heart bleeds because of the senseless insults of some Nigerians by fellow misguided Nigerians, and non-Nigerians, over issues that can be settled using an honest approach and dialogue. I want to join voices with other Nairalanders who have called for an end to hostilities and hatreds between Awo haters and Unrepentant anti-Biafrans. This thread is dedicated to former, present and closet Tribalists, irrespective of past sins. This thread serves to bring all aggrieved parties together in an attempt to once and for all stamp out Tribalism on NL.

Under and by virtue of the powers conferred upon me by the Executive CEO of NL, Mr. Oluwaseun, and all other powers enabling me in this behalf, I do hereby declare open this important thread in orderto find the root cause of tribalism on NL and how we can, together, make NL a more perfect place for peaceful co-existence of every ethnic group.

I herebey declare this mother of all threads open.The Tribalism crisis here on NL is equivalent to a war e.g The Civil War. Like in all wars, you only know how the crisis will start but definitely not the course it will assume or how it would end. Therefore there should be immediate ceasefire on both sides and let genuine dialogue begin; and that should start right now.

Everyone is invited!
Re: Nairaland "oputa" Panel For Truth And Reconciliation by aljharem(m): 11:56pm On Nov 12, 2010
gbam
Re: Nairaland "oputa" Panel For Truth And Reconciliation by Osama10(m): 12:04am On Nov 13, 2010
Oya Tribalists we are waiting for you guys. grin
Re: Nairaland "oputa" Panel For Truth And Reconciliation by fstranger: 1:29am On Nov 13, 2010
Let's Start with Ezeuche:

Why do you hate Yorubas so much?
And why do post untruths about them?
Also, what changes do you want to see on NL before you change your attitude towards Yorubas?

Pls, be honest with your answers, ok?

One Naija: In oil we trust!
Re: Nairaland "oputa" Panel For Truth And Reconciliation by Dsense(m): 6:00am On Nov 13, 2010
Osama10:

Oya Tribalists we are waiting for you guys. grin
I'm here oo .she una do chop sha grin
Op,
Now we are talking and serious.
Re: Nairaland "oputa" Panel For Truth And Reconciliation by fstranger: 7:33pm On Nov 13, 2010

I may have mocked some groups in the past, when my group was attacked, indeed that was not right. However, after I toned that and attacked the leaders, people took that as an assault on their ethnic group. Case in point, my issue with Awolowo. I do not have a favorable opinion of Awolowo, but many of you Awoist took that as an attack on your people. There is a problem when you see people as the epitome of your ethnic group.

And I was only using anecdotal evidence. I do not consider my group superior to others. I have said time and time against that I respect the culture Yoruba and I am fan of your history and artwork. Don't see how I can be an ethnocentrist with such views. I even said I was admired by the fervour of Uthman dan Fodio as he created the Sokoto Caliphate. He was a leader who turned a backwards tribe into a powerhouse in West Africa.

Concerning the Ngwa, they are not an ethnic group, it is a fellow Igbo clan. There are clan rivalries that exist, so I would not consider them a separate ethnic group, because we are the same people. My clan used to be bitter enemies with the Ngwa, that is why I may have said some disparaging remarks. You still hear people saying that you cannot marry from that clan, because of such and such happened in the past.

Never have I said Igbos are superior to anyone. If you proof have back that I said that, please show me. I would be a fool to think my people are better than another people. It is un-Igbo to think that way, due to our egalitarian nature.

I am a proud Igbo man. Nothing more and nothing less. And I look through Igbo lens, because that is how I was raised, as an Igbo
Re: Nairaland "oputa" Panel For Truth And Reconciliation by fstranger: 7:34pm On Nov 13, 2010
Before moving on to the next person, Any more question for Mr. Ezeuche?
Re: Nairaland "oputa" Panel For Truth And Reconciliation by isalegan2: 10:51pm On Jun 16, 2012
undecided lipsrsealed embarassed bored.

(1) (Reply)

Mob Attacks Borno Speaker At Anpp Primaries / Heap Your Curses Here For Goodluck Johnathan / Should Pres. Goodluck Jonathan Be Tried For Genocide Viz Aviz Current Protest?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.