Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,499 members, 7,808,848 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:51 PM

7 Unavoidable Things Nigerian Couples Experience After Wedding - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 7 Unavoidable Things Nigerian Couples Experience After Wedding (37578 Views)

Rise In Divorce Among Nigerian Couples After Relocating To UK / How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? / My Wife Changed 2 Weeks After Wedding!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

7 Unavoidable Things Nigerian Couples Experience After Wedding by Writercruze: 11:37am On Oct 31, 2019
Marriage life is sweet and beautiful if you marry the right person. But it could be your greatest nightmare if you are with the wrong person.

A lot of things happen in the lives of newly wedded Nigerian couples. Some find it difficult to adjust to their new homes, while others regret marrying their spouse.

Well, in this article, we are going to share with you, some unavoidable things Nigerian Couples experience after the wedding.

#1. Payment of Wedding Debt

It sounds funny, but it’s the reality happening in most Nigerian couples’ lives.

As a matter of fact, over 75% of newly wedded couples spend the first one year of their marriage life paying back the debt they incurred during the wedding.

But come to think of it, is that not madness? How can someone incur huge debt just to impress people about his or her wedding?

If you are planning your wedding, try not to yield to people’s pressure. Do it according to your capacity.

Don’t even think of an elaborate wedding at all if you don’t have the financial wherewithal.

I know of someone who earns less than 60k a month. When he was planning his marriage, he borrowed about a million naira from somewhere. Guess what? He’s still paying the debt till date.

If you want to have rest of mind, please don’t borrow money to plan your wedding. It could affect your marriage when you are being pressurized to pay back.

#2. One Of The Spouses Is Still Attached To His Or Her Ex

Attachment to ex-lover is also a common challenge newly wedded couples face after the wedding. If you understand how ‘Okafor’s Law’ works, you will know the danger of this.

Many marriages are having problems today just because a partner isn’t seeing anything wrong with befriending his or her ex.

And this often happen during the early days in marriage. But if couples fail to trash this, it could degenerate into something more serious.

#3. One of the spouses may start regretting

The first year of marriage is often very challenging. And sometimes, the wife or the husband may start regretting the marriage.

This always happens when a spouse has unfinished business with his or her ex. So, they will start comparing their partner with their former lover unconsciously.

And it could be a serious issue in the marriage as they will no longer see good in anything their partners do. It’s actually a stage and if the couples genuinely love themselves, they will survive it.

#4. The couples Who genuinely love themselves

The experience is not always negative. Sometimes, the couple may genuinely love themselves. These couples find true love in each other.

Interestingly, they can go the extra mile to sacrifice for each other. And they can barely live without being together. That’s the definition of true love.

This doesn’t mean that they don’t argue. But they have a way of resolving issues among themselves.

#5. The husbands who are chronic womanizers

You don’t need a soothsayer to know that some naija men are chronic womanizers. These guys don’t even have respect for their marital vows.

They basically go after anything on skirt. Yeah, it’s that serious. But problems like these don’t happen overnight.

If your man was a notorious philanderer before you guys got married, you can’t expect him to stop overnight…

#6. Some Wives will have issues with their mother-in-law

Some mother-in-laws can make life difficult for their son’s wife. No matter how nice and well behaved you are, they have a way of triggering the monster in you.

Except you have a nice and God-fearing mother in law, it could be your greatest nightmare after wedding.

#7. Some people may find out some dirty secrets about their partners

Nothing breaks a newly wedded heart greater than discovering some dirty secrets about someone they love. It’s usually very crazy.

I know someone who discovered that her husband has a child 8 months after their wedding. And I also met a man who told me that his wife once dated his elder brother.

Trust me, things like these destabilize or sometimes break marriages.

Source: https://www.naijalovetips.com/7-unavoidable-things-nigerian-couples-experience-after-wedding/

46 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 7 Unavoidable Things Nigerian Couples Experience After Wedding by Writercruze: 11:38am On Oct 31, 2019
What to do when meeting your partner's parents for the first time ===> https://www.naijalovetips.com/meeting-his-parents-for-the-first-time/

22 Likes

Re: 7 Unavoidable Things Nigerian Couples Experience After Wedding by Rafwealth: 12:01pm On Oct 31, 2019
Nice write up OP. @ lalasticlala over to you. Lol

2 Likes

Re: 7 Unavoidable Things Nigerian Couples Experience After Wedding by Nobody: 12:33pm On Oct 31, 2019
Only people who are not wise accquire huge debts during wedding to impress people who don't even care.

What happened to cutting your coat according to your cloth Anybody who is pressuring you to have a big wedding should be ready to sponsor it

130 Likes 8 Shares

Re: 7 Unavoidable Things Nigerian Couples Experience After Wedding by Writercruze: 2:25pm On Oct 31, 2019
Good talk...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 7 Unavoidable Things Nigerian Couples Experience After Wedding by Ginaz(f): 3:49pm On Oct 31, 2019
Marriage life isn’t easy. It take mistakes, efforts to make it right and God too. Most couples don’t put God in their marriage. Once you’re married, God should be the cord of your union . Adhere to the Bible’s principles on love , family and patience.

81 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 7 Unavoidable Things Nigerian Couples Experience After Wedding by OBTMOS(m): 3:59pm On Oct 31, 2019
H
Re: 7 Unavoidable Things Nigerian Couples Experience After Wedding by iCauseTrouble: 4:00pm On Oct 31, 2019
shocked
Re: 7 Unavoidable Things Nigerian Couples Experience After Wedding by noble71(m): 4:01pm On Oct 31, 2019
shocked you see that number one many people are on that table just to impress people who don't even care about you. I have said it, what I have is what I am going to plan my wedding with. If money for rice no de I will cook beans. once is 6pm everybody will go to their house.

46 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 7 Unavoidable Things Nigerian Couples Experience After Wedding by SeunGlobal: 4:01pm On Oct 31, 2019
In Summary, choose your prison mate wisely.

26 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 7 Unavoidable Things Nigerian Couples Experience After Wedding by BarrElChapo(m): 4:02pm On Oct 31, 2019
No 2 is a constant occurrence

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 7 Unavoidable Things Nigerian Couples Experience After Wedding by invigilator(m): 4:02pm On Oct 31, 2019
Op, it seems you have neglected yourself to reading one part of the stories posted here in Nairaland, you for know sey we now have wives who are chronic cheaters too.

So #5 should have been Couples who are chronic cheaters...

Apart from that, your post is lit.

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 7 Unavoidable Things Nigerian Couples Experience After Wedding by Freemanbobble: 4:03pm On Oct 31, 2019
Okay
Re: 7 Unavoidable Things Nigerian Couples Experience After Wedding by Oluwapresley(m): 4:04pm On Oct 31, 2019
The scariest one for me on that list is that I don't regret marriage cox I have been thinking about it of late... Sigh
Re: 7 Unavoidable Things Nigerian Couples Experience After Wedding by Nobody: 4:04pm On Oct 31, 2019
my girl friend at work confided in me her husband used to beat her during dating. he hasn't stopped during marriage. shine your eyes

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 7 Unavoidable Things Nigerian Couples Experience After Wedding by chibowobbed(m): 4:05pm On Oct 31, 2019
Reasons some people give no bleep about marriage, should I say marriage is overrated undecided ?

Maybe not sha

1 Like

Re: 7 Unavoidable Things Nigerian Couples Experience After Wedding by adedayoa2(f): 4:05pm On Oct 31, 2019
Where is tosyne2much? Cut ypur coat according to your material so as to avoid number 1.

2 Likes

Re: 7 Unavoidable Things Nigerian Couples Experience After Wedding by invigilator(m): 4:05pm On Oct 31, 2019
Tina26:
my girl friend at work confided in me her husband used to beat her during dating. he hasn't stopped during marriage. shine your eyes

Was she expecting a fried egg to taste like fried chicken? I pity her thou. Smh

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Unavoidable Things Nigerian Couples Experience After Wedding by Dobson43: 4:06pm On Oct 31, 2019
cool
Re: 7 Unavoidable Things Nigerian Couples Experience After Wedding by RenHub: 4:06pm On Oct 31, 2019
Its scarcely impossible for a couple not to regret spending excessively on weddings. 85% of the invited guests don't give a hoot about you and impressing anyone should be the last thing on your mind. Now that rice is almost 30k if you can drink mineral in my wedding just thank God cos I'd rather save for my honeymoon jor. Thank God bae thinks like me grin

30 Likes

Re: 7 Unavoidable Things Nigerian Couples Experience After Wedding by lateezy(f): 4:06pm On Oct 31, 2019
which one is unavoidable?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Unavoidable Things Nigerian Couples Experience After Wedding by judedwriter(m): 4:07pm On Oct 31, 2019
The most painful words to hear in a marriage:

"I regret marrying you." cry

I won't forget as an undergrad when a fellow married undergrad student told me,
" I wish I married you!"

Now I understand.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 7 Unavoidable Things Nigerian Couples Experience After Wedding by htweet(m): 4:08pm On Oct 31, 2019
grin
Re: 7 Unavoidable Things Nigerian Couples Experience After Wedding by Nobody: 4:08pm On Oct 31, 2019
Everything may be right but number one is for fools.
Who borrows to wed? If you don't have money for big wedding, go to the beach or a park and wed godammit. sad

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 7 Unavoidable Things Nigerian Couples Experience After Wedding by ogbolo13: 4:09pm On Oct 31, 2019
ok
Re: 7 Unavoidable Things Nigerian Couples Experience After Wedding by Angelfrost(m): 4:09pm On Oct 31, 2019
Good write up... But, most of the issues there are quite avoidable, not unavoidable, especially number 1.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Unavoidable Things Nigerian Couples Experience After Wedding by sakabien: 4:09pm On Oct 31, 2019
Some of these points re avoidable

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Unavoidable Things Nigerian Couples Experience After Wedding by Righteousness89(m): 4:10pm On Oct 31, 2019
I Love a Sentence in that your first Point.

"Do it according to your Capacity "

The Rate at which I see people engage in Unnecessary Competion for things that hold little or no Value beats my imagination!

Live According to your Capacity...

12 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Married Woman Displaying Pictures On Social-Media: Wrong? / Agonies Of A Child Born Of A Wicked Mother / Lady Travels To The US To Give Birth, Dumps Husband, Gives Child Up For Adoption

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.