Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,499 members, 7,808,848 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:51 PM

5 Terrifying Facts About Car Pollution That Everyone Should Know - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 5 Terrifying Facts About Car Pollution That Everyone Should Know (14917 Views)

How To Increase Car Battery Life : What No One Tells You About Car Battery Life / Germany Opens Electric Highway For Trucks To Curb Pollution (photos) / China To Ban Production Of 553 Car Models From Jan.1 To Fight Air Pollution (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Terrifying Facts About Car Pollution That Everyone Should Know by Godspower35(m): 11:41am On Oct 31, 2019
Car pollutants are very harmful to the environment because they pollute not only the air, but also the water and the soil. If you know the facts about car pollution, you'll understand how alarming the situation is when it sounds.
A car engine generates electricity by burning fuel, which releases some of the harmful gases, including highly toxic carbon monoxide (a greenhouse gas).

Let's discuss some facts about car pollution:

One of the most shocking facts about car air pollution is that automobiles account for around 51% of carbon monoxide pollution. The gas contributes to smog pollution, degrades air quality and can be lethal in high concentration.

Carbon dioxide (CO2) is a virulent element of air pollution, and 31% of the total atmospheric CO2 comes from the automobile alone. Too much of this gas in the environment is harmful to health and harmful to the ozone layer.

Car pollution statistics clearly show that motor vehicles also release almost 34% of all nitrogen oxides and all volatile substances into the environment. These elements are dangerous to human health and plant life.

Let's draw attention to facts about car emissions. The exhaust system releases many gaseous components that cause more clouds and less rainfall and significantly affect the environment.

These auto-pollution facts make it clear that the gases and other ingredients emitted by a car accelerate the pace of global warming. Due to this phenomenon, we are already experiencing hostile climatic changes. If the pollution continues at this rate, the world will soon be habitable to every living being.

LAST WORDS

The facts about auto-pollution show that air pollution is by far the most alarming compared to water and soil pollution. Buy a fuel-efficient vehicle and drive as little as possible to protect the environment and stay healthy.
Source:
http://www.eliancars.com/2019/10/5-terrifying-facts-about-car-pollution.html
[img]https://1.bp..com/-9eUrcV73XpM/Xbq4hWI6XpI/AAAAAAAADHk/17E14yoAld8Sacjt2LPo1AF885c1wQj8gCLcBGAsYHQ/s320/Car%2Bpollute.jpg[/img]

8 Likes

Re: 5 Terrifying Facts About Car Pollution That Everyone Should Know by layuns(m): 4:04pm On Oct 31, 2019
Ok.
The more reason V.I.O and FRSC personnel should ensure vehicles are road worthy with little or no problem from the exhaust.
Air pollution contribute to climate change by affecting the amount of incoming sunlight that is reflected or absorbed by the atmosphere, with some pollutants warming and others cooling the Earth. Let's be guided pls.

3 Likes

Re: 5 Terrifying Facts About Car Pollution That Everyone Should Know by ogbolo13: 4:05pm On Oct 31, 2019
shocked
Re: 5 Terrifying Facts About Car Pollution That Everyone Should Know by 1dawal: 4:06pm On Oct 31, 2019
Hmmm
Re: 5 Terrifying Facts About Car Pollution That Everyone Should Know by Christmasdon(m): 4:06pm On Oct 31, 2019
enter lagos state public transport naso eye nose go dey pepper u. Lagos self.

9 Likes

Re: 5 Terrifying Facts About Car Pollution That Everyone Should Know by Etizz: 4:07pm On Oct 31, 2019
One of the reason people in town die early than village...cars in town are much Dan villa...

One definitely must kill a man sha

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Terrifying Facts About Car Pollution That Everyone Should Know by captianfreeman(m): 4:08pm On Oct 31, 2019
OK.
Re: 5 Terrifying Facts About Car Pollution That Everyone Should Know by MicroBox: 4:09pm On Oct 31, 2019
OP have also subscribe to climate change scam.

1 Like

Re: 5 Terrifying Facts About Car Pollution That Everyone Should Know by Zimmermann(m): 4:10pm On Oct 31, 2019
Nothing new...
Re: 5 Terrifying Facts About Car Pollution That Everyone Should Know by calddon(m): 4:10pm On Oct 31, 2019
Godspower35:

Let's draw attention to facts about car emissions. The exhaust system releases many gaseous components that cause more clouds and less rainfall and significantly affect the environment.

Nice writeup, but how can you reconcile car emissions with the Lagos rain of this year that has refused to stop?
Re: 5 Terrifying Facts About Car Pollution That Everyone Should Know by Monter1: 4:12pm On Oct 31, 2019
Nothing New
Re: 5 Terrifying Facts About Car Pollution That Everyone Should Know by Siberia01(m): 4:16pm On Oct 31, 2019
ok
Re: 5 Terrifying Facts About Car Pollution That Everyone Should Know by Nobody: 4:16pm On Oct 31, 2019
Many countries are working on reducing pollution from cars and bicycles are being looked at.

Bikes have no emissions and actually helps you live longer as you're excercising while getting to your destination.

Planning of cities to make work places closer to living places too can help. Walking to work can help.

Also, car pooling is a big deal. Driving less can help.

Electric cars too is another area that should be explored. We have to hand over a better earth to the generation coming, let's not ruin it.

I have a lot to say on this topic but let me stop here.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Terrifying Facts About Car Pollution That Everyone Should Know by davodyguy: 4:16pm On Oct 31, 2019
VIOs and FRSC officials ought to go after these automobiles that releases bad emissions, but they wouldn't.

They'll rather go after those that drive good cars
Re: 5 Terrifying Facts About Car Pollution That Everyone Should Know by donjazet(m): 4:20pm On Oct 31, 2019
Nairaland is fast becoming a beggars dumping site. Every page you now open must have one or more people begging.

It's quite disturbing, I suggest Seun creates a section or thread for all these people so that the generous individuals can have an avenue to help if they so wish. Rather than littering every thread with a beggar, it's difficult knowing those who genuinely need help and the Gboys.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Terrifying Facts About Car Pollution That Everyone Should Know by Nobody: 4:23pm On Oct 31, 2019
nwamabo247:
Nice information ₦please forgive me if i can help myself i wont be begging for help.PLEASE nairalanders my name is celestine nwankwo 28YRS OLD from ugwueme awgu L.G.A. enugu stat For almost 12yrs now i have been down with with tetraplegic spinal cord injure.no source of income because my fingers are partialy afected i have been living on family support especially my ageing mother who has been nursing me at home for all this while. but right now things are very very difficut for me and my mother who is also diabetic expecially feeding and litle medications,buying of catheters and health care needs.please i need your help in any way posible no matter how small it will make a diffrence and i am also looking for a goverment or N G O rehabilitation center for the disables that can acept my kind condition. thanks and GOD BLESS. more details.see my signature belo
Send this also to other popular blogs but be more specific.
Look for the president, governors, politicians, men of God, etc handle and send this to them. That way u can get the desired and better help.
Re: 5 Terrifying Facts About Car Pollution That Everyone Should Know by omenka(m): 4:26pm On Oct 31, 2019

Carbon dioxide (CO2) is a virulent element of air pollution, and 31% of the total atmospheric CO2 comes from the automobile alone. Too much of this gas in the environment is harmful to health and harmful to the ozone layer.

This is totally wrong. Make sure you check your info before misleading the public.

Maybe you meant to write transportation sources, which include aircrafts and other transport medium that utilize fossil fuels.

Vehicles alone dont contribute that figure you quoted.

Presented a seminar on this just yesterday.

1 Like

Re: 5 Terrifying Facts About Car Pollution That Everyone Should Know by GideonIdaboh(f): 4:30pm On Oct 31, 2019
E be like say this thread na for chemical engineering experts to discuss.
What do I know self?
Re: 5 Terrifying Facts About Car Pollution That Everyone Should Know by sylve11: 4:36pm On Oct 31, 2019
layuns:
Ok.
The more reason V.I.O and FRSC personnel should ensure vehicles are road worthy with little or no problem from the exhaust.
Air pollution contribute to climate change by affecting the amount of incoming sunlight that is reflected or absorbed by the atmosphere, with some pollutants warming and others cooling the Earth. Let's be guided pls.

VIO and FRSC know wetin be CO2 or CO? nor be them go sabi first before them go inspect? undecided cool
Re: 5 Terrifying Facts About Car Pollution That Everyone Should Know by Authortee: 5:05pm On Oct 31, 2019
Lubbish report. Me that God will do Rx350 for this December. I must drive hot cars till old age. And God will provide good rides for my loving nlanders too
Re: 5 Terrifying Facts About Car Pollution That Everyone Should Know by webngnews: 5:54pm On Oct 31, 2019
Really
Re: 5 Terrifying Facts About Car Pollution That Everyone Should Know by Bacteriologist(m): 5:56pm On Oct 31, 2019
And that is why a lot of countries that know what they're doing are moving back to more greener forms of transport. Like more public transport, electric cars and CYCLING.

In a bid to promote the lifespan of their citizens and fight climate change, countries are incentivising cyclists by providing infrastructure and an enabling environment (laws) for them.

Of course, it can only happen in a society where LIFE is actually valued. Which is the exact opposite of what Nigeria is.

Also, cycling reduces congestion. Which is a major problem in a city like lagos. So when next you see a cyclist, please appreciate us. Because that's one less traffic-causing, noise making, parking space taking, air polluting car in front of you.

Re: 5 Terrifying Facts About Car Pollution That Everyone Should Know by tegafej(m): 6:01pm On Oct 31, 2019
It's rather funny that by now, first page is still open for comment.

That aside, there are technologies for capturing this CO2 emitted from source points.

They are called Carbon Capture and Storage technologies.

I am currently carrying out research in this area.

There is hope but unfortunately even the law makers who should push for this technology and make funding available for this research are not even aware of its existence.

1 Like

Re: 5 Terrifying Facts About Car Pollution That Everyone Should Know by Bacteriologist(m): 6:24pm On Oct 31, 2019
tegafej:

That aside, there are technologies for capturing this CO2 emitted from source points.

They are called Carbon Capture and Storage technologies.

I am currently carrying out research in this area.

There is hope but unfortunately even the law makers who should push for this technology and make funding available for this research are not even aware of its existence.

Which is honestly why I think Nigeria may never ne great again. People prefer to go to church to pray for long life than take actual steps to better their own lives.

You can know the future of a people by their habits now. Important things do not interest most nigerians.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Terrifying Facts About Car Pollution That Everyone Should Know by Rexnegro(m): 6:26pm On Oct 31, 2019
when I get home I will comment properly ...
Re: 5 Terrifying Facts About Car Pollution That Everyone Should Know by EmperorHarry: 6:58pm On Oct 31, 2019
tegafej:
It speaks volume tbh..I'm actually shocked it made front page and I wasn't disappointed by the Nl commenters association either..We'll get there someday..Hopefully it wouldn't be too late.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Terrifying Facts About Car Pollution That Everyone Should Know by ojraph(m): 7:01pm On Oct 31, 2019
HannahHitler:
Many countries are working on reducing pollution from cars and bicycles are being looked at.

Bikes have no emissions and actually helps you live longer as you're excercising while getting to your destination.

Planning of cities to make work places closer to living places too can help. Walking to work can help.

Also, car pooling is a big deal. Driving less can help.

Electric cars too is another area that should be explored. We have to hand over a better earth to the generation coming, let's not ruin it.

I have a lot to say on this topic but let me stop here.
true tho yet auto makers are trying to move to electrical powertrains for cars instead of the traditional mechanical engine d leading company focusing mostly on these is tesla. the make anything electric cars like my favourite the tesla roadster tho other company are working on electrical cars like Toyota prius or the lamborgini terse millieno which is and all electric vehicle
Re: 5 Terrifying Facts About Car Pollution That Everyone Should Know by ojraph(m): 7:02pm On Oct 31, 2019
Godspower35:
Car pollutants are very harmful to the environment because they pollute not only the air, but also the water and the soil. If you know the facts about car pollution, you'll understand how alarming the situation is when it sounds.
A car engine generates electricity by burning fuel, which releases some of the harmful gases, including highly toxic carbon monoxide (a greenhouse gas).

Let's discuss some facts about car pollution:

One of the most shocking facts about car air pollution is that automobiles account for around 51% of carbon monoxide pollution. The gas contributes to smog pollution, degrades air quality and can be lethal in high concentration.

Car pollution statistics clearly show that motor vehicles also release almost 34% of all nitrogen oxides and all volatile substances into the environment. These elements are dangerous to human health and plant life.

These auto-pollution facts make it clear that the gases and other ingredients emitted by a car accelerate the pace of global warming. Due to this phenomenon, we are already experiencing hostile climatic changes. If the pollution continues at this rate, the world will soon be habitable to every living being.

LAST WORDS

The facts about auto-pollution show that air pollution is by far the most alarming compared to water and soil pollution. Buy a fuel-efficient vehicle and drive as little as possible to protect the environment and stay healthy.
Source:
http://www.eliancars.com/2019/10/5-terrifying-facts-about-car-pollution.html
[img]https://1.bp..com/-9eUrcV73XpM/Xbq4hWI6XpI/AAAAAAAADHk/17E14yoAld8Sacjt2LPo1AF885c1wQj8gCLcBGAsYHQ/s320/Car%2Bpollute.jpg[/img]

ue tho yet auto makers are trying to move to electrical powertrains for cars instead of the traditional mechanical engine d leading company focusing mostly on these is tesla. the make anything electric cars like my favourite the tesla roadster tho other company are working on electrical cars like Toyota prius or the lamborgini terse millieno which is and all electric vehicle

(1) (2) (Reply)

Another Tesla Model S On Autopilot Crashes Into A Parked Fire Truck At 65 Mph / Some Facts You Need To Know About Anti-lock Brake System (ABS) / How To Stop Over - Speeding (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.