Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,303 members, 7,808,030 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:32 AM

How Do I Tell My Colleague She Has Mouth Odor? - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How Do I Tell My Colleague She Has Mouth Odor? (23390 Views)

Should I Tell My Boss About It / My Female Colleague Stopped Talking To Me Because Of This / Nigerian Lady In The US Army Confused Her Colleague With Pidgin English (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Tell My Colleague She Has Mouth Odor? by GROUNDCHALEBOY(m): 7:25am On Nov 06, 2019
I have a friend, who have mouth odour,I have told him and no matter how many times he brush his mouth we Still smell,what is the problem with him,I just the pity him.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Tell My Colleague She Has Mouth Odor? by lifeisbeautiful: 7:26am On Nov 06, 2019
It's as simple as A B C,get 2 mouth wash give her 1 and take one. Tell her that the mouth wash should be use first in the morning and lasting before bed at nite that it help to whiten teeth. Then make sure she uses it

1 Like

Re: How Do I Tell My Colleague She Has Mouth Odor? by lamalang(m): 7:27am On Nov 06, 2019
Just do as Mercy did to Tacha
Re: How Do I Tell My Colleague She Has Mouth Odor? by DameB(f): 7:27am On Nov 06, 2019
Do your research and come up with a solution.

Then help her by gently offering the solution to the lady.

Telling her she has mouth and body odour without coming up with the solution is just plain insult
Re: How Do I Tell My Colleague She Has Mouth Odor? by Ebonygirl1(f): 7:28am On Nov 06, 2019
Noblejay7:
Please, how do i politely tell a colleague who has mouth and body odor to take care of it without the person picking offence. I can't stand it anymore as she likes speaking in my face.

offer her a mint anytime she tries to talk to you, when you do it continuously she'll get the message
Re: How Do I Tell My Colleague She Has Mouth Odor? by kezbaba19(m): 7:30am On Nov 06, 2019
just tell her politely"I think you have Tacha in your mouth"don't 4get to thank me later oo��
Re: How Do I Tell My Colleague She Has Mouth Odor? by Dagger111(m): 7:31am On Nov 06, 2019
Brandstudio01:
There are more than a dozen ways to do that without putting yourself in a bad spot.

1. First of all you need to become his intimate friend. He needs to believe you're his friend. Because you can't change a man who is not your friend or else the consequences would be massive

2. Make sure you use indirect speech.

3. Try as much to be both polite, friendly and formal in your speech.

4. When you're done make sure you blame his problem on something else, not him so he doesn't suffer lost of confidence

You can start by asking her which Toothpaste do you use?

Anyway, I will Build a Professional Logo for your Product or Company For 2k Only. Offer valid today only. See my info below to Chat me up.

Why are u confusing yourself here? Using he for she. Haba Mallam.
Re: How Do I Tell My Colleague She Has Mouth Odor? by bigl: 7:33am On Nov 06, 2019
Noblejay7:
Please, how do i politely tell a colleague who has mouth and body odor to take care of it without the person picking offence. I can't stand it anymore as she likes speaking in my face.

If u guys are "paddy" and u joke, u can stylishly tell her one day like that.

Just tell her, wow, Atutupoyoyo, u look great this morning and smell nice ... then quickly add, "one more thing though, have u been eating garlic?"

Of course she will say no and will get the message and further ask u if she has mouth odour. Tell her yes (with all seriousness).

She will appreciate it.

Though most mouth odours are not coming from the mouth; some are from the stomach/throat. A lil anti biotic sometimes does the trick.

* I had it some years back *

1 Like

Re: How Do I Tell My Colleague She Has Mouth Odor? by Cantonese: 7:35am On Nov 06, 2019
It is very awkward but you have to inform the person in order to help the person out. If you device polite means to say it, then your relationship will be properly maintained. If you say it impolitely then you lose a friend.

Do this:

Ensure that the person speaks right in your face again. Then carefully ask the person if he or she ate garlic. The person will definitely say no. Let that first day go. Then you try it again two or three other times and you will hear the same NO.
If the person asks why you keep repeating that garlic question then tell the person that garlic smells from his or her mouth. That should bring the person to the consciousness of the fact that you or other people know the problem.

Next you can ask the person get a drug to improve his or her breathe and carefully brush his or her mouth everyday. You can also help the person search for a good drug that helps manage mouth odor. That should help the two of you.
Re: How Do I Tell My Colleague She Has Mouth Odor? by princemillla(m): 7:37am On Nov 06, 2019
Noblejay7:

Go and buy her Mouth wash.

Re: How Do I Tell My Colleague She Has Mouth Odor? by Emmasnoop(m): 7:39am On Nov 06, 2019
They there they ask me nor go tell the person say he mouth and body they smell.
Re: How Do I Tell My Colleague She Has Mouth Odor? by capitalzero: 7:40am On Nov 06, 2019
Noblejay7:

buy her mouth wash and deodorant as gifts. She will get the message.
Re: How Do I Tell My Colleague She Has Mouth Odor? by middlebelter(m): 7:41am On Nov 06, 2019
SKYloafFISH:
just tell her but not in a rude way. Just b free about it.

You can also type suggestions on how to treat bad mouth odour and general body odour , the drop on her desk.
Tell her to get some local herbe toothpaste, shave her private parts like Arm -Pit, use deodorant and get chewing gum to keep her mouth fresh.

Alternatively, use can start a weekly HSE (Health Safety and Environment)nugget in your office by drop tips through intranet for all staff to read, you may start with safety awareness, how to prevent been attacked during this festive season:don't leave home too early, don't use unconventional transport like local cab, don't walk alone, don't carry cash, understand your neighborhood and then give recent examples of people there were victims of poor safety awareness.
Then move on to health, dwell on personal hygiene, write on body odour and mouth odour. How it can make internal and external customers to avoid staff, how it can be treated. Let it be clear it is both a social and health issue not good for the individual and image of the company. Dwell on scientific causes,and treatment.
Ask staff to drop comments on how to treat body odour.
Third week talk about environment. Discuss drainage, flooding, traffic and health implications etc
Ask staff to contribute by posting on HSE discussion weekly. All staff should read it including the MD
Re: How Do I Tell My Colleague She Has Mouth Odor? by charlsecy(m): 7:43am On Nov 06, 2019
@Noblejay7
You can also use a well-written text message from a different number.
Re: How Do I Tell My Colleague She Has Mouth Odor? by Reelnah: 7:44am On Nov 06, 2019
There are so many media to pass d info to her.. like AIT, channels, CNN, TVC, etc...
Re: How Do I Tell My Colleague She Has Mouth Odor? by goat22: 7:44am On Nov 06, 2019
Jestin:
I once have a friend with mouth odor and I got him toothbrush and mouthwash as a gift and he understood the message i was trying to pass across.

But you're a man how did you give a fellow man a gift without the gesture looking gay? Was it like "Bro here's a gift" or was it like " I got you mouthwash when I was shopping and thinking about you" or was it " O boy take" Advice needed please.
Re: How Do I Tell My Colleague She Has Mouth Odor? by buzorcharles(m): 7:44am On Nov 06, 2019
During weekend when u both are off work. Pick a friends fone and send her the sms.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Tell My Colleague She Has Mouth Odor? by Fashdeejay(m): 7:44am On Nov 06, 2019
Each time she is about to talk to you, offer her TomTom.... Eventually she'll catch the drift....
As for the BO, just tell her to stop using the soap she is using, it smells funny
Re: How Do I Tell My Colleague She Has Mouth Odor? by aalangel(f): 7:46am On Nov 06, 2019
But her gifts; deodorants, perfumes, mouth wash...etc..
Re: How Do I Tell My Colleague She Has Mouth Odor? by Equation89(m): 7:51am On Nov 06, 2019
Get her a good toothpaste, roll on and perfume. Politely tell her it's a gift from you.

Before you give her...tell her it seems the toothpaste she uses do expire within a short time. She should try the one you will give her.
Re: How Do I Tell My Colleague She Has Mouth Odor? by Gbegirisoup: 7:52am On Nov 06, 2019
Just go to her and play zlantan song to her. She definitely would get the message except she didn't watch bbnaija grin
Re: How Do I Tell My Colleague She Has Mouth Odor? by tundeblack: 7:52am On Nov 06, 2019
07014771303 call me i will help you tell her politely
Re: How Do I Tell My Colleague She Has Mouth Odor? by dallyemmy: 7:53am On Nov 06, 2019
Share a story about how people feel when someone has a mouth odor...but it has to be two of you alone and give good solutions such as visiting a dentist, flossing daily or using a mouth wash after brushing and brushing before going to bed at night. Perhaps she may have tonsilitis or tooth decay.
Re: How Do I Tell My Colleague She Has Mouth Odor? by carlos1(m): 7:55am On Nov 06, 2019
Most people don't know mouth odour most times comes from inside d stomach. If ur stomach is dirty, u ll definitely exhale bad breath (which usually smells like a welders carbide) mouth odour which comes from inside the stomach to the mouth through the oesophagus n not always as a result of dirty mouth. I know people with bad breath n mouth odour that brush at least 5times daily but d odour still persisted. The first solution is stomach detoxification to clear all the over due rotten reminants in d belly n u ll be surprised. The second option is to ensure she brushes her mouth (d walls above d tongue, her teeth, her tongue and putter gullet). Not just brushing d teeth. Most people don't know how to clean d mouth. One other secret, stop late night feeding, lots of food eaten at night don't digest and can turn to junk in ur belly n cause these odour. Moreover it also leads to pot belly.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Tell My Colleague She Has Mouth Odor? by fkj950ax(m): 7:56am On Nov 06, 2019
APOPTOSIS:

Here is someone THINKING

Gracias
Re: How Do I Tell My Colleague She Has Mouth Odor? by Freeko4: 7:56am On Nov 06, 2019
Noblejay7:

save yourself the stress if u can't confront her with the truth, jus get urself a new sim (be anonymous) for the purpose of telling ur colleague she has mouth & body odour and also recommended a solution if u know any....
Re: How Do I Tell My Colleague She Has Mouth Odor? by Dokitadotun: 7:56am On Nov 06, 2019
Buy 2 mouth wash antiodour, let her see u use one, if she ask what is that? Explained the function and tell her that you even bought one for her as well cos of her
Re: How Do I Tell My Colleague She Has Mouth Odor? by kobosmart(m): 7:58am On Nov 06, 2019
Noblejay7:

if u like no shut up, na only you get nose abi?
Re: How Do I Tell My Colleague She Has Mouth Odor? by Barondval: 7:59am On Nov 06, 2019
Noblejay7:

Hahahaha!i can't help but laugh!but u hv been standing it for quiet long now,y can't u stand it anymore?keep standing it dear,may d lord b ur strength!Lmao!!Una no go kill me.
Re: How Do I Tell My Colleague She Has Mouth Odor? by AerialMapper: 7:59am On Nov 06, 2019
Keep a pack of gum on your table at all times. When she comes in, take one and offer her one.

If she refuses, tell her she really needs to accept your offer if she wants to converse with you.
Re: How Do I Tell My Colleague She Has Mouth Odor? by uju22(f): 8:02am On Nov 06, 2019
Some people have made good point up there, also you can buy mint and keep on your desk.
Re: How Do I Tell My Colleague She Has Mouth Odor? by tommydennis(m): 8:03am On Nov 06, 2019
My dear, thanks for your observation. The best way to tell her is to buy an effect in mouth washing liquid for her.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Have A Look At The Top 5 Nigerians In ICT / Wells Carlton Hotel Spotlights Ezenwoye, Others For Exceptional Service Delivery / 10 Golden Rules In Safety To Work Successfully In Construction And Oil And Gas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.