Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,310 members, 7,808,047 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:45 AM

Looking To Form A Rock Band - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Looking To Form A Rock Band (2815 Views)

Nigerian Rock Band " 1 Last Autograph" Releases New Single / Naija Advert That Looks Like A ROCK Music Video / Would A Rock Concert Pull A Crowd In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Looking To Form A Rock Band by imoh82: 12:56pm On May 22, 2007
hey im looking to form a real rock band in nigeria. to be called obj and the car thieves, or any funny name we can come up with anybody that can play drums or electric guitars, bass guitars should contact me on 08056026123
Re: Looking To Form A Rock Band by jydon(m): 5:37pm On May 22, 2007
hey i'm interested cos am a rock fan too. so how do we start. i can shout very well.
Re: Looking To Form A Rock Band by firstborn: 5:41pm On May 22, 2007
I am interested. But i don't like the name u are suggesting. It sounds damn too cheap in the ear. Lets give it a a very focused name, and hope it thrives.
 Check out,
                          http://ubl.artistdirect.com/      or
                          http://www.mtv.com/nav/intro_bands.html
Re: Looking To Form A Rock Band by fromuk(m): 6:18pm On May 22, 2007
yea it good to have naija rock band, i will buy when u come up with the music maybe you name it THE CHEROUBIM
Re: Looking To Form A Rock Band by pmdaboh(f): 7:00pm On May 22, 2007
I am learning more and more as I read the forums on here. I really did not know that Nigerians listen to or like rock groups. In America, mostly white people listen to rock groups and country music . .for it is more of their speed. And African Americans mostly listen to R&B, Hip Hop, Gospel, and Inspirational music. Of course, there are some African Americans that listen to rock groups and country music, but they are in the minority.

This is vey interesting. . . .Please tell me the names of some Nigerian rock group bands, so I can check out the sound.

I am curious. Thank you.
Re: Looking To Form A Rock Band by smile007: 8:04pm On May 22, 2007
;d
Re: Looking To Form A Rock Band by soulpatrol(f): 10:28pm On May 22, 2007
i'll gladly be the lead singer. i've got strong pipes. cool
Re: Looking To Form A Rock Band by ghettochyk(f): 4:10am On May 23, 2007
pmdaboh:

I am learning more and more as I read the forums on here. I really did not know that Nigerians listen to or like rock groups. In America, mostly white people listen to rock groups and country music . .for it is more of their speed. And African Americans mostly listen to R&B, Hip Hop, Gospel, and Inspirational music. Of course, there are some African Americans that listen to rock groups and country music, but they are in the minority.

This is vey interesting. . . .Please tell me the names of some Nigerian rock group bands, so I can check out the sound.

I am curious. Thank you.

lol! these people are also in the minority. i don't think we have much, if any, Nigerian rock groups. dang, how many people actually posted before dat showed their love for rock music? lol!!
Re: Looking To Form A Rock Band by iice(f): 4:17am On May 23, 2007
Great idea and wish ya best of luck.

@soulpatrol, be looking forward to hearing something from you grin
Re: Looking To Form A Rock Band by soulpatrol(f): 4:35am On May 23, 2007
ha ha iice. you mean singing wise or contributing to the forum? wink
Re: Looking To Form A Rock Band by jeffman(m): 8:16am On May 23, 2007
Great. i am a die hard rock fan. favorite genres are Punk, Alternative and Pop-rock. favourite artists are simple plan, hoobastank, Nickelback, Avri etc.

I don't have an extraordinary voice but i am good at writing songs and i want to learn to play the guitar. Any which way sha i love the idea
Re: Looking To Form A Rock Band by lobinoxebe(m): 9:19am On May 23, 2007
post me when ur album is out, i will make sure i get one,
Re: Looking To Form A Rock Band by justkunmi(m): 9:33am On May 23, 2007
i definitely must be a part of this if u guys are actually serious about.
i play drums and i bet u i've gat skills. im addicted to rock and i've been doin some solo stuff myself. but it wont be bad to form a band. . but it ha to be really serious. . .
Re: Looking To Form A Rock Band by puker(m): 9:42am On May 23, 2007
If only u guys are serious. Today most of the bands came up thru this way. Its not a bad idea as a matter of fact you may be creating another dimension in Nigerian music history if you find a rock group. Ill be glad to support financially if you guys are serious.
Re: Looking To Form A Rock Band by magneto(m): 10:23am On May 23, 2007
pmdaboh:

I am curious. Thank you.

yea, there are plenty rock fans in naija! but like ghettochyk said, i dont think theres any rock band. . . just fans and some solo rock artistes. a friend of mine is one too, check him out here:- http://www.myspace.com/dunkishrock
Re: Looking To Form A Rock Band by jerrymania(m): 10:33am On May 23, 2007
Eh eh now its "NAIJA ROCK". why do we have to copy copy? Just call it Rock okay!
Re: Looking To Form A Rock Band by soulpatrol(f): 2:13pm On May 23, 2007
you know it would be awesome if naija came out with its first rock band! in no way are we copying anyone, just showing that we can do anything and be good at it too! if you ask the modern day rock stars who some of their influnces were, they would name black singers like jimi hendrix, chuck berry, prince and a "few" others. and these few others have certainly made a difference in what rock music is. like seriously, i'm so willing to join a rock band. always dreamed of being the little black girl rock star strumming her guitar, and singing her lungs out. grin
Re: Looking To Form A Rock Band by temmyabby(f): 2:17pm On May 23, 2007
kul, i wish i could be part of it, i'ld buy ur cd anyway, keep us posted smiley
Re: Looking To Form A Rock Band by firstborn: 2:31pm On May 23, 2007
Everybuddy agrees its gon be a gud idea to have a rock band from naija. let our enthusiasm not end there as typical nigerian. Lets do sumthing bout it. If u r really down with the idea and can do sumthin bout it, then drop the guy a line and call him so that sumthin can get started. God help us.
Re: Looking To Form A Rock Band by iice(f): 2:40pm On May 23, 2007
@soulpatrol - the singing wink

Jimi Hendrix is awesome!!!
Re: Looking To Form A Rock Band by ajadrage: 1:31pm On May 24, 2007
Hey Puker, you're the only one that said somthin about funding,
Re: Looking To Form A Rock Band by owinash(m): 6:40pm On May 24, 2007
hey this is the sweetest thing that has ever happened to me, you know to form a rock bamd is not easy , lets get in touch with one another heres ma number 08066085729

i do have songs i have written, they have demos which i made in my friends studio in london so pls hola at youre boy ok
Re: Looking To Form A Rock Band by richylaw(m): 1:45am On May 25, 2007
cool, I love rock real good.
I offer to make you guys good tattoos
Re: Looking To Form A Rock Band by soulpatrol(f): 3:06am On May 25, 2007
ha ha. its funny how people think tattoos are associated with rock music/lifestyle. but its pretty cool though. got a couple myself. cool
Re: Looking To Form A Rock Band by richylaw(m): 7:47am On May 25, 2007
soulpatrol:

ha ha. its funny how people think tattoos are associated with rock music/lifestyle. but its pretty cool though. got a couple myself. cool

But from all views towards rock, tattoos may not be associated with rock but it is so common among all the stars and so may be well and fully accepted as part of rock.
Re: Looking To Form A Rock Band by ryu11(m): 2:57pm On May 25, 2007
talk about rock bands, you can't missed out AEROSMITH, BON JOVI, U2, QUEEN, I love LENNY KRAVITZ Too, one of the few black core rock artists.

Hobastank , Blink 182, COLDPLAY, are new school, cool but i enjoy the older bands,

i've got good vocals, when do u plan to audition, I'll like to try out, Rock music is virgin territory in 9aija, it's mostly nerdy people who are die hard fans here, I'm just a regular fan, if i get signed up, do i get to wear NAIL POLISH? grin grin grin shocked shocked cool
Re: Looking To Form A Rock Band by imoh82: 4:41pm On May 25, 2007
it is so nice to see so many people respond to this post the band is to be called RESERVE TANK. we are starting somewhere i dont want people to miscontrue this as an avenue to take advantage of others. thanks for your support im moved. like i said anybody willing to be a part of it should call me on 08056026123. thanks
Re: Looking To Form A Rock Band by soulpatrol(f): 11:33pm On May 25, 2007
ha ha @ryu1. nail polish on rock stars (guys) is always sexy. and oh, maybe a lil eye liner and some highlights as well. he he grin
Re: Looking To Form A Rock Band by iice(f): 3:05pm On May 26, 2007
Soulpatrol you took the words right out my fingertips tongue I love nail polish!!! tres sexy!
Glad to see someone loves Lenny like i do grin
Re: Looking To Form A Rock Band by samorijack(m): 10:17pm On May 27, 2007
if you need a guitarist,song writer,poet and every thing else in between,i'd be honoured to join the party, i do have some reservations about the name of this band i think that should come after everybody has made an input
Re: Looking To Form A Rock Band by soulpatrol(f): 7:13pm On May 30, 2007
simply name it "soulpatrol and the rest of the band" buhahahaha grin
Re: Looking To Form A Rock Band by sucess001(m): 10:38am On Jun 01, 2007
well Samorijack if we meet and discuss we could come to a compromise cos i just dropped my guitarists he smokes too much why dont you holla at me @ 08056026123 and we'll talk

(1) (2) (Reply)

Instrumental: Chinko Ekun - Shake It / Listen And Download Gospel Songs / Mixtape : Dj Bullet — 2018 Mix

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.