Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,894 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:12 AM

Hard Work Does Not Pay If The Right Things Are Not Done - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Hard Work Does Not Pay If The Right Things Are Not Done (14157 Views)

Private Schools Do Not Pay Teachers During Holidays / Six Ways To De-stress After A Long And Hard Work Week / Which Is Equivalent To Success, Hard Work, Smartwork, Luck? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hard Work Does Not Pay If The Right Things Are Not Done by DameB(f): 11:53am On Nov 02, 2019
lastmessenger:
If you have connection in Nigeria,the rest na history.

Some have connections and don't know what to do with it
Re: Hard Work Does Not Pay If The Right Things Are Not Done by DameB(f): 11:58am On Nov 02, 2019
400billionman:
Look at the people you are servicing or selling to.

You cannot be richer than your customer. If your customers are car owners, you will soon own a car. If your customers are trekkers, you will soon lose the car you already have.

Choose your customers wisely..

They are higher than you, they will pull you up.

They are lower than you, they will drag you down.

Are you saying The Waltons or Jeff Bezos are not richer than their customers?
Dangote makes ₦30 salt, are you saying he cannot be richer than those customers of his who can only afford these...

You might be servicing only the rich and still be poor if you don't have integrity and apply good business principles

2 Likes

Re: Hard Work Does Not Pay If The Right Things Are Not Done by zigibada: 12:08pm On Nov 02, 2019
[s]
helinues:

Is that why no courses for " life is not fair " ?
[/s]
Re: Hard Work Does Not Pay If The Right Things Are Not Done by pacespot(m): 12:22pm On Nov 02, 2019
Nice info @ op. Everything boils down to perseverance and creativity.
Re: Hard Work Does Not Pay If The Right Things Are Not Done by Dtruthspeaker: 12:33pm On Nov 02, 2019
datola:
"I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all." -Eccl 9:11

Beautiful! Let me join you; ...it is vain for you to rise up early, to sit up late, to eat the bread of Sorrows. Psalm 127: 1&2

1 Like

Re: Hard Work Does Not Pay If The Right Things Are Not Done by Noss24: 12:53pm On Nov 02, 2019
ecclize:
By: Lucas Nwanchukwu

We live in a society that promotes the narrative that success is guaranteed from one’s hard work. We pride ourselves on our hard work and our work ethic. It will not be out of place to draw up the conclusion that success is a demonstration of your virtue, as it points to the fact that you are entitled to success because you have worked hard.
I have seen many deserving people and frequently classmates from my secondary school study years to my tertiary study get out of the blue poor results at tests and examinations.
Sadly, many people that keep struggling daily to succeed from hard work, find themselves sucked into a cruel cycle from which they can never seem to come out from. This cycle makes you think you have not done enough, hence, you have to work hard the more, it goes on and same poor result is the output. How about you pause for a moment and evaluate what you are doing to know if it is the right thing or better put, if it the right kind of hard work.
The big question is, what did you fail to do? How did the outcome turn oddly out of sync with the effort you have put in? Quite often, if the person is grossly worried, room for further questions can be made, such as, have I committed some slip in my preparation process? Then your worst fear, maybe you are not just good, that even your best falls far short of the mark?
Apparently, the endpoint is the feeling of disappointment that birth both shame and exasperation. Then, there is a last option to place the blame on. In a highly religious space like Nigeria, the person begins to entertain thoughts and feelings of being robbed of his/her destiny, occasioned by some dark powers that be, which I do not take away from the equation. Your thoughts reverberates “las las, my village people don get me”
By this time, the person will think he/she will provoke sympathy of people but all you get is a cold scorn and judgment.
Hard work will NOT PAY if the right things are not done, it will only amount to suffering. It will just be a torturous journey and efforts that will not yield anything other than pain and disappointment.
If hard work indeed will bring success, we may consider some things we have ignored for long and I see them as requisites to rewire our mindset, which will positively change our approach towards achieving success.
1. Hard work isn’t physical–it’s mental- We all know plenty of people who worked hard all their life and ended up broke, don’t we? I have nothing against hard work. However, we have to agree that hard work fundamentally involves mental process of making smart decisions. The key here is to ask questions with an open mind and without any preconceptions, such as where am I? Where are my going from here? how do I get there?. Of course without entertaining preconceptions, because, preconceptions lead to fear and clouded thinking. This form of open-minded thinking allows for creative problem solving and opportunities. This will help you make smart and strategic decisions in order to hit your mark and surpass it. Smart thinking combined with smart work will always pay off in the long run.
2. Be intentional in all you do- Is your life run on autopilot or you are in charge? Being intentional about all you do means you knowing why you do what you do and why you don’t do what you don’t do. It is actually not about making choices but evaluating the choices you have made and how they add up towards achieving your goals
3. Focus on things you can control- It is an extreme extension of perfectionism to think you have “everything under control” you will constantly overextend yourself without much to show for it. Of course, you expend too much energy on issues that fall outside of your circles of influence and control, limiting the energy you have left to use on issues that you can truly control. Be realistic about what you can control. Pick fights you can win and win big, that way, you will be living in alignment with and doing (working hard) on what matters most? That will make your hard work pay.
4. Success is all about relationships NOT Hard work — Sometimes your actions (hard work) fail to bring the results you want. You will need to have anchoring relationships. It is essential, you require this web of support of relevant people with different skills, and ability. They can come from your family, friends, colleagues at work or peers. The right people in your life will benefit you throughout each of your life’s endeavors.
I believe that merely working hard does not cut it, but adding the externals I have mentioned in this write-up will help you set a course for your life rather than just wandering aimlessly through life.

https://medium.com/@nwachukwuemmanue/hard-work-does-not-pay-b9c6df64bd59

No be lie
Re: Hard Work Does Not Pay If The Right Things Are Not Done by 400billionman: 1:11pm On Nov 02, 2019
DameB:

Are you saying The Waltons or Jeff Bezos are not richer than their customers?
Dangote makes ₦30 salt, are you saying he cannot be richer than those customers of his who can only afford these...

You might be servicing only the rich and still be poor if you don't have integrity and apply good business principles

Dangote also has Julius Berger and Shell as his customers. If ALL your customers are poorer than you, you will become poor.

If Dangote's only customers are N30 table salt customers, he will become poor.

Ask him if you can.
Re: Hard Work Does Not Pay If The Right Things Are Not Done by lajid: 3:01pm On Nov 02, 2019
popsy2:
A very good read. Thanks Op.

In need of CAC company registration, Business Name registration, Trustees, NAFDAC number on your products . . . ? The interesting part is that we do it free of charge. Yes! Free of charge. The universe has its way of rewarding us for our magnanimity.

Talk to us at www. Lawlab. Com. ng .

We also manage properties.

Boss pls are you serious when you said it's free of charge.
Re: Hard Work Does Not Pay If The Right Things Are Not Done by karlboss: 3:20pm On Nov 02, 2019
Nice
Re: Hard Work Does Not Pay If The Right Things Are Not Done by karlboss: 3:23pm On Nov 02, 2019
400billionman:
Look at the people you are servicing or selling to.

You cannot be richer than your customer. If your customers are car owners, you will soon own a car. If your customers are trekkers, you will soon lose the car you already have.

Choose your customers wisely..

They are higher than you, they will pull you up.

They are lower than you, they will drag you down.
What of a mechanic who's customers are car owners

1 Like

Re: Hard Work Does Not Pay If The Right Things Are Not Done by popsy2(m): 4:04pm On Nov 02, 2019
faithfull18:

Really? Which and which do you do free of charge

Everything. No exceptions.
Re: Hard Work Does Not Pay If The Right Things Are Not Done by popsy2(m): 4:06pm On Nov 02, 2019
lajid:

Boss pls are you serious when you said it's free of charge.

Not bluffing sir. Some here can testify.
Re: Hard Work Does Not Pay If The Right Things Are Not Done by sharone21(f): 4:32pm On Nov 02, 2019
There is hardwork which is good, smart work which is better but in addition to these two, there is the GOD/GRACE factor which some may mock at but those who know covenant benefits hide under this and are never disappointed because God OWES no one.
Re: Hard Work Does Not Pay If The Right Things Are Not Done by lajid: 5:21pm On Nov 02, 2019
popsy2:

Not bluffing sir. Some here can testify.
Ok. Please how do i get in touch with you.
Re: Hard Work Does Not Pay If The Right Things Are Not Done by niyidenrele: 7:43pm On Nov 02, 2019
affable4:
Great!!!

I take the first point: hardwork isn't physical, but mental.

What we term hardwork here in Nigeria is just acute suffering and gross dehumanization. How can someone decide to push a full car engine in a narrow from Ladipo to a very far distance? Only to claim he is working hard for just a little change.

A doctor who is diligent and attends to his patient and timely too, is hardworking. A trader who tries to innovate and arrange his wares at all times to attract customers, is hardworking. Same goes for all others.

But you farming on plots of land with just hoe and cutlass and pushing bulky goods on a barrow is just total and complete suffering. Little wonder it comes with little returns.
..Now I understand
Re: Hard Work Does Not Pay If The Right Things Are Not Done by faithfull18(f): 8:09pm On Nov 02, 2019
popsy2:

Everything. No exceptions.
Why would you be doing it free of charge Are you sure there aren't hidden conditions
Re: Hard Work Does Not Pay If The Right Things Are Not Done by meobizy(f): 8:35pm On Nov 02, 2019
I did not read the paragraph-less probably stolen write up.

It’s true, the idea of hard work leading to wealth is outdated. Many hardworking people will die poor. Once their bodies or minds can’t put in the required effort anymore they go downhill.

Smart work is the new hard work. I have to read to jog my memory on the concept but it’s only a Google search away. They say everything in life comes hard but it’s a lie: it may happen at first but once the routine is mastered the process becomes no different from breathing. I don’t ever remember struggling to breathe.
Re: Hard Work Does Not Pay If The Right Things Are Not Done by Mryacks: 8:51pm On Nov 02, 2019
ecclize:
By: Lucas Nwanchukwu

We live in a society that promotes the narrative that success is guaranteed from one’s hard work. We pride ourselves on our hard work and our work ethic. It will not be out of place to draw up the conclusion that success is a demonstration of your virtue, as it points to the fact that you are entitled to success because you have worked hard.
I have seen many deserving people and frequently classmates from my secondary school study years to my tertiary study get out of the blue poor results at tests and examinations.
Sadly, many people that keep struggling daily to succeed from hard work, find themselves sucked into a cruel cycle from which they can never seem to come out from. This cycle makes you think you have not done enough, hence, you have to work hard the more, it goes on and same poor result is the output. How about you pause for a moment and evaluate what you are doing to know if it is the right thing or better put, if it the right kind of hard work.
The big question is, what did you fail to do? How did the outcome turn oddly out of sync with the effort you have put in? Quite often, if the person is grossly worried, room for further questions can be made, such as, have I committed some slip in my preparation process? Then your worst fear, maybe you are not just good, that even your best falls far short of the mark?
Apparently, the endpoint is the feeling of disappointment that birth both shame and exasperation. Then, there is a last option to place the blame on. In a highly religious space like Nigeria, the person begins to entertain thoughts and feelings of being robbed of his/her destiny, occasioned by some dark powers that be, which I do not take away from the equation. Your thoughts reverberates “las las, my village people don get me”
By this time, the person will think he/she will provoke sympathy of people but all you get is a cold scorn and judgment.
Hard work will NOT PAY if the right things are not done, it will only amount to suffering. It will just be a torturous journey and efforts that will not yield anything other than pain and disappointment.
If hard work indeed will bring success, we may consider some things we have ignored for long and I see them as requisites to rewire our mindset, which will positively change our approach towards achieving success.
1. Hard work isn’t physical–it’s mental- We all know plenty of people who worked hard all their life and ended up broke, don’t we? I have nothing against hard work. However, we have to agree that hard work fundamentally involves mental process of making smart decisions. The key here is to ask questions with an open mind and without any preconceptions, such as where am I? Where are my going from here? how do I get there?. Of course without entertaining preconceptions, because, preconceptions lead to fear and clouded thinking. This form of open-minded thinking allows for creative problem solving and opportunities. This will help you make smart and strategic decisions in order to hit your mark and surpass it. Smart thinking combined with smart work will always pay off in the long run.
2. Be intentional in all you do- Is your life run on autopilot or you are in charge? Being intentional about all you do means you knowing why you do what you do and why you don’t do what you don’t do. It is actually not about making choices but evaluating the choices you have made and how they add up towards achieving your goals
3. Focus on things you can control- It is an extreme extension of perfectionism to think you have “everything under control” you will constantly overextend yourself without much to show for it. Of course, you expend too much energy on issues that fall outside of your circles of influence and control, limiting the energy you have left to use on issues that you can truly control. Be realistic about what you can control. Pick fights you can win and win big, that way, you will be living in alignment with and doing (working hard) on what matters most? That will make your hard work pay.
4. Success is all about relationships NOT Hard work — Sometimes your actions (hard work) fail to bring the results you want. You will need to have anchoring relationships. It is essential, you require this web of support of relevant people with different skills, and ability. They can come from your family, friends, colleagues at work or peers. The right people in your life will benefit you throughout each of your life’s endeavors.
I believe that merely working hard does not cut it, but adding the externals I have mentioned in this write-up will help you set a course for your life rather than just wandering aimlessly through life.

https://medium.com/@nwachukwuemmanue/hard-work-does-not-pay-b9c6df64bd59

Good read!
Re: Hard Work Does Not Pay If The Right Things Are Not Done by popsy2(m): 9:06pm On Nov 02, 2019
faithfull18:

Why would you be doing it free of charge Are you sure there aren't hidden conditions

The universe has its way of rewarding us for our services. There are no hidden charges.
Re: Hard Work Does Not Pay If The Right Things Are Not Done by popsy2(m): 9:08pm On Nov 02, 2019
lajid:

Ok. Please how do i get in touch with you.

Kindly log onto our website www. Lawlab. Com. Ng and use the contact form.

We will take it up from there.
Re: Hard Work Does Not Pay If The Right Things Are Not Done by faithfull18(f): 9:08pm On Nov 02, 2019
popsy2:

The universe has its way of rewarding us for our services. There are no hidden charges.
You are saying you register businesses foc too
Re: Hard Work Does Not Pay If The Right Things Are Not Done by popsy2(m): 9:10pm On Nov 02, 2019
faithfull18:

You are saying you register businesses foc too

believe
Re: Hard Work Does Not Pay If The Right Things Are Not Done by faithfull18(f): 9:25pm On Nov 02, 2019
popsy2:

believe
Lol, just wondering what's in it for you as nobody does anything for free in the world anymore.
Re: Hard Work Does Not Pay If The Right Things Are Not Done by popsy2(m): 9:58pm On Nov 02, 2019
faithfull18:

Lol, just wondering what's in it for you as nobody does anything for free in the world anymore.

The Chairman of Air Peace, Allen Onyema, airlifted some Nigerians from S.A free of charge during the Xenophobia debacle.

A certain Nigerian woman also donated her monthly salary to some S.A returnees.

Etc.

These are people we look up to. These are our heroes. Our mission is to join this league of selfless humans. Trust me when I say this, people like us still exist.

The universe has its way of rewarding us.
Re: Hard Work Does Not Pay If The Right Things Are Not Done by Tony142: 3:27pm On Nov 03, 2019
400billionman:

Dangote also has Julius Berger and Shell as his customers. If ALL your customers are poorer than you, you will become poor.

If Dangote's only customers are N30 table salt customers, he will become poor.

Ask him if you can.

U are writing trash, if dangote salt is N30 and Dangote has about 30million customer, now do the maths

N30 x 30million = 900million

Now the question is, is someone that earn 900million every month poor?

Infact, if u want to be rich, solve problems and provide solution(e.g salt) to many poor people not rich people cool
Re: Hard Work Does Not Pay If The Right Things Are Not Done by dharniehl(m): 4:02pm On Nov 03, 2019
Volunteering As A Job Seeker
http:///s18edab8191103en_ng

Download Now
https:///share

Kindly read, like, comment and share using the opera news app
Re: Hard Work Does Not Pay If The Right Things Are Not Done by hrplainproject: 4:10pm On Nov 03, 2019
PROJECT CONSULTING FIRM JOB VACANCY

We PLAIN PROJECT LTD, a growing Project Consulting firm located in the heart of Abuja, is seeking to employ suitably qualified candidates to fill the positions below:

1. Bid and Proposal Clerk
Job Description
• Submission of winning bid responses by working with the bids team, internal experts and contractors, as required.
• Work with proposal team members to help respond to Request for Proposals (RFPs), Request for Quotations (RFQs) and Request for Information (RFI).
• Manage proposal development process in accordance with the company’s processes and procedures.
• Research and gather information to include corporate information, product information, and other standard materials.
• Maintain, augment and improve reusable components, templates and processes to reduce response time and improve quality on future bids.
• Debrief teams after bid and proposal submittal.
• Interview team members on successful or unsuccessful strategies and tactics.
• Facilitate a retrospective assessment on proposals, and refine future proposal strategies, process, templates and training.
• Analyze RFQs, RFPs and RFIs to create proposal outlines and development plans.

Qualification and other requirements
• 2+ years work experience as a bid and proposal clerk.
• OND from an accredited academic institution of learning
• Minimum age of 21 years, and must not be more than 27 years of age.
• Proven attention to detail.
• Excellent writing, grammar, and spelling ability.
• Excellent presentation and written/oral communication skills.
• Ability to work in a deadline-conscious, results-driven environment.

Method of Application
INTERESTED CANDIDATES SHOULD SEND APPLICATION AND RESUME TO: hrplainproject@gmail.com ONLY SHORT LISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED
Re: Hard Work Does Not Pay If The Right Things Are Not Done by faithfull18(f): 9:54pm On Nov 03, 2019
popsy2:

The Chairman of Air Peace, Allen Onyema, airlifted some Nigerians from S.A free of charge during the Xenophobia debacle.

A certain Nigerian woman also donated her monthly salary to some S.A returnees.

Etc.

These are people we look up to. These are our heroes. Our mission is to join this league of selfless humans. Trust me when I say this, people like us still exist.

The universe has its way of rewarding us.
But your profile says something else, will check your site out.
Re: Hard Work Does Not Pay If The Right Things Are Not Done by popsy2(m): 10:56pm On Nov 03, 2019
faithfull18:

But your profile says something else, will check your site out.

I am only a part of the team. Recently joined as a matter of fact. My profile should not be construed as representation of the people I work with.
Re: Hard Work Does Not Pay If The Right Things Are Not Done by MightyFortress: 9:26am On Nov 22, 2019
Excellent

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Can I Stop This Bad Habit / Reps To Check Banks’ ‘Target’ Mandate On Staff / Help!! His Boss Wants To Turn Him To A House Boy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.