Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,669 members, 7,801,933 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:15 AM

Xiaomi Redmi 8 Series User's Official Discussions Thread - Phones (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Xiaomi Redmi 8 Series User's Official Discussions Thread (76274 Views)

TECNO Spark 8 Series Unveiling: Specifications And Price / Brand New Redmi Note 8 Series For Sale **NEW STOCK ALERT** / Xiaomi Redmi 7 User's Official Discussions Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (42) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Xiaomi Redmi 8 Series User's Official Discussions Thread by jboixxx: 1:00pm On Mar 06, 2020
Drshobz:
j

I want to buy new phone
Do you know any legit person that i can get from

Redmi 8
check Xiaomi Thread Store
Re: Xiaomi Redmi 8 Series User's Official Discussions Thread by Nobody: 4:21pm On Mar 06, 2020
oluwashedy:
you'll think m joking when I say this is not there

I'm surprised
theres no watermark on R8... But you can use snapseed to tagged ur pics if you like

1 Like

Re: Xiaomi Redmi 8 Series User's Official Discussions Thread by kaylawlah(m): 4:30pm On Mar 06, 2020
jboixxx:
check if you've not restricted data access to it or clear the cache and try again.

Thanks ,I think twas due to bad network. The phone is working perfectly now.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi 8 Series User's Official Discussions Thread by StrafordSTONES(m): 6:28pm On Mar 06, 2020
jboixxx:
check Xiaomi Thread Store

Hi sir, I noticed something in my Redmi 8a, when I try to view WhatsApp statuses especially pictures, it comes in a zoomed form, I ll have to hold it with my two fingers to see the full pictures....
Is there a way I can set it please? or is it because of the screen size?

I already set the phone to a full screen mode
Re: Xiaomi Redmi 8 Series User's Official Discussions Thread by jboixxx: 6:33pm On Mar 06, 2020
StrafordSTONES:

Hi sir, I noticed something in my Redmi 8a, when I try to view WhatsApp statuses especially pictures, it comes in a zoomed form, I ll have to hold it with my two fingers to see the full pictures....
Is there a way I can set it please? or is it because of the screen size?

I already set the phone to a full screen mode
Not sure it has anything to do with the screen size. Double click on the vid/pix next time and wait for it to change to the next status; this should fix it, otherwise, let's know.

Kallmerb should be able to help, though he uses R8.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi 8 Series User's Official Discussions Thread by StrafordSTONES(m): 6:40pm On Mar 06, 2020
jboixxx:
Not sure it has anything to do with the screen size. Double click on the vid/pix next time and wait for it to change to the next status; this should fix it, otherwise, let's know.

Kallmerb should be able to help, though he uses R8.

The two pictures are can explain better

The first one is the zoomed one which is automatic

While the second is after I placed two fingers on the screen to drag backward

Re: Xiaomi Redmi 8 Series User's Official Discussions Thread by Nobody: 7:15pm On Mar 06, 2020
StrafordSTONES:

The two pictures are can explain better

The first one is the zoomed one which is automatic

While the second is after I placed two fingers on the screen to drag backward
go to additional settings-accessibility - display size.. Put it in s

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Xiaomi Redmi 8 Series User's Official Discussions Thread by StrafordSTONES(m): 7:20pm On Mar 06, 2020
Kallmerb:
go to additional settings-accessibility - display size.. Put it in s

Exactly, thank you Sir
Re: Xiaomi Redmi 8 Series User's Official Discussions Thread by Nobody: 7:30pm On Mar 06, 2020
StrafordSTONES:

Exactly, thank you Sir
ur welcome..hope its now ok
Re: Xiaomi Redmi 8 Series User's Official Discussions Thread by StrafordSTONES(m): 8:58pm On Mar 06, 2020
Kallmerb:
ur welcome..hope its now ok

yes...It is was previously in s, so I set it to Xs...it gave me the full screen I was looking for

1 Like

Re: Xiaomi Redmi 8 Series User's Official Discussions Thread by Patrick987(m): 11:04pm On Mar 06, 2020
I want to buy the redmi 8 on Monday,I want to hear review from people using the phone, first time to purchase xiaomi device, am potting from Gionee to xiaomi
Re: Xiaomi Redmi 8 Series User's Official Discussions Thread by jboixxx: 1:22am On Mar 07, 2020
Patrick987:
I want to buy the redmi 8 on Monday,I want to hear review from people using the phone, first time to purchase xiaomi device, am potting from Gionee to xiaomi
Just read through the pages of this thread
Re: Xiaomi Redmi 8 Series User's Official Discussions Thread by Nobody: 7:11pm On Mar 07, 2020
Patrick987:
phone is really great for the price
Re: Xiaomi Redmi 8 Series User's Official Discussions Thread by StrafordSTONES(m): 8:22am On Mar 09, 2020
Kallmerb:
phone is really great for the price

Good morning sir, I plan getting a Glo 4G sim today, but I read just read online that Redmi 8a doesn't support Glo 4g; is it true?

1 Like

Re: Xiaomi Redmi 8 Series User's Official Discussions Thread by Nobody: 9:17am On Mar 09, 2020
StrafordSTONES:

Good morning sir, I plan getting a Glo 4G sim today, but I read just read online that Redmi 8a doesn't support Glo 4g; is it true?
it doesn't widely support it but it does in some areas in Lagos and other states on Band 3...i have actually used Glo 4G on my phone before while at gbagada

1 Like

Re: Xiaomi Redmi 8 Series User's Official Discussions Thread by StrafordSTONES(m): 9:21am On Mar 09, 2020
Kallmerb:
it doesn't widely support it but it does in some areas in Lagos and other states on Band 3...i have actually used Glo 4G on my phone before while at gbagada

ok sir, but does the band 3 require any special setting or just activates itself?
Re: Xiaomi Redmi 8 Series User's Official Discussions Thread by Nobody: 12:41pm On Mar 09, 2020
StrafordSTONES:

ok sir, but does the band 3 require any special setting or just activates itself?
as long as the sim is 4G enabled its going to come up in 4G area
Re: Xiaomi Redmi 8 Series User's Official Discussions Thread by StrafordSTONES(m): 12:47pm On Mar 09, 2020
Kallmerb:
as long as the sim is 4G enabled its going to come up in 4G area

ok boss, I will try it
Re: Xiaomi Redmi 8 Series User's Official Discussions Thread by tasland(m): 6:08pm On Mar 09, 2020
I just bought my own redmi 8 today and I must say d fone is superb,so please fam put me through wht else I need to make d fone more interesting......I need to download d gcam please share me d link
Re: Xiaomi Redmi 8 Series User's Official Discussions Thread by MartinsD12(m): 6:39pm On Mar 09, 2020
tasland:
I just bought my own redmi 8 today and I must say d fone is superb,so please fam put me through wht else I need to make d fone more interesting......I need to download d gcam please share me d link
How is the camera like I get turned off with reviews I have seen so far here and on YouTube plus how long does the battery last
Re: Xiaomi Redmi 8 Series User's Official Discussions Thread by Nobody: 6:43pm On Mar 09, 2020
MartinsD12:

How is the camera like I get turned off with reviews I have seen so far here and on YouTube plus how long does the battery last
remember its a 50k phone the camera is not bad but with gcam u can get great shots
Re: Xiaomi Redmi 8 Series User's Official Discussions Thread by MartinsD12(m): 6:47pm On Mar 09, 2020
Kallmerb:
remember its a 50k phone the camera is not bad but with gcam u can get great shots
Chia my budget is only 50k man and this phone fall under my plan but the camera is making me to reconsider going back to Pourvor 3 plus and am tired of Transsion mobile
Re: Xiaomi Redmi 8 Series User's Official Discussions Thread by Nobody: 7:24pm On Mar 09, 2020
MartinsD12:

Chia my budget is only 50k man and this phone fall under my plan but the camera is making me to reconsider going back to Pourvor 3 plus and am tired of Transsion mobile
the camera is better... With gcam.. Its like using 64mp... Its alot better than Pouvior 3 plus on gcam

1 Like

Re: Xiaomi Redmi 8 Series User's Official Discussions Thread by MartinsD12(m): 7:54pm On Mar 09, 2020
Kallmerb:
the camera is better... With gcam.. Its like using 64mp... Its alot better than Pouvior 3 plus on gcam
OK

1 Like

Re: Xiaomi Redmi 8 Series User's Official Discussions Thread by oluwashedy: 10:11pm On Mar 09, 2020
MartinsD12:
OK
Buy this Redmi 8 and you'll never regret you did.
Install gcam for awesome pictures

1 Like

Re: Xiaomi Redmi 8 Series User's Official Discussions Thread by zord33k(m): 10:14pm On Mar 09, 2020
tasland:
where and how much did u get it ?
Re: Xiaomi Redmi 8 Series User's Official Discussions Thread by Nobody: 10:25pm On Mar 09, 2020
tasland:
https://f.celsoazevedo.com/file/cfiles/gcm1/PXv4.1.1_GoogleCamera_7.2.014.apk

1 Like

Re: Xiaomi Redmi 8 Series User's Official Discussions Thread by Greatzeus(m): 10:25pm On Mar 09, 2020
I got My Xiaomi Redmi Note 8,4gb/64gb from Slot at Ikeja shopping Mall yesterday. I am loving it kiss
It was 63k only.

1 Like

Re: Xiaomi Redmi 8 Series User's Official Discussions Thread by MartinsD12(m): 10:53pm On Mar 09, 2020
oluwashedy:
Buy this Redmi 8 and you'll never regret you did.

Install gcam for awesome pictures
The gcam is it on playstore and how long does the battery last
Re: Xiaomi Redmi 8 Series User's Official Discussions Thread by oluwashedy: 8:40am On Mar 10, 2020
MartinsD12:

The gcam is it on playstore and how long does the battery last
Link to gcam is on this thread and Jboixxx compilation thread
Re: Xiaomi Redmi 8 Series User's Official Discussions Thread by MartinsD12(m): 11:40am On Mar 10, 2020
oluwashedy:
Link to gcam is on this thread and Jboixxx compilation thread

OK
Re: Xiaomi Redmi 8 Series User's Official Discussions Thread by fergieboy: 6:06pm On Mar 10, 2020
MartinsD12:

Mehn pourvor 3plus camera mad

Red MI got nothing on it

I use both phones

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (42) (Reply)

Tecno BOOM J7 Discussion Threads / How Do I Send Bulk Sms Messages? / Tecno, Infinix And Itel Are Not Used In China Where They Are Produced

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.