Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,306 members, 7,808,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:08 AM

Akufo-Addo Presents Cash To Stranded Ghanaian Drivers On Benin-Nigeria Border - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Akufo-Addo Presents Cash To Stranded Ghanaian Drivers On Benin-Nigeria Border (37765 Views)

Immigration Deploys Personnel To Niger-Nigeria Border, Begins Blockade / Family Die In Accident On Benin/Auchi Express, Traveling For Christmas. Graphic / Policeman Renders Help To Stranded Travelers On Their Way To Abuja (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Akufo-Addo Presents Cash To Stranded Ghanaian Drivers On Benin-Nigeria Border by Saintabdul(m): 7:50pm On Nov 01, 2019
nototribalist:
THIS IS BIG BROTHER !! Hammed Ali close that border, A few weeks later Ghana started crying more than Benin Republic and Niger.

Thats to show you how Ghana and all our neighbors have been feeding of Nigeria for years.

Nigerian Government will use our billions of dollars to subsidize goods coming from asia and europe, and Ghanaians will sneak into Nigeria like thieves to buy goods from Alaba, Idumota, Trade fair, Computer village and Ladipo markets in a much cheaper rates than going to Asia or Europe to buy them with their own hard currency. I don't want to talk about petrol cos we all know what goes on there with our subsidized fuel ending up in so-called Ecowas countries.

Even tho am not a Buhari fan, for years now Ghanaians have been lying to us that they don't do trading in Nigeria. but the day we will start Ghana Must Go part 2, the whole world will be shocked how much Ghanaians are leaving in Nigeria.

It's going to start with Oga Kwame that operates a restaurant in my street. he will be shocked the day we will descend on him like hyenas

Abeg leave Oga Kwame him food dey plenty, Nah Iya Ghana shop we go start d woman food too dey small, the meat fit pass my nose.
Re: Akufo-Addo Presents Cash To Stranded Ghanaian Drivers On Benin-Nigeria Border by owenseddies40(m): 7:52pm On Nov 01, 2019
bobokeshington:
Buhari should learn
*CONNECT WITH YOUR FAMILY*

When you are successful, the whole world will celebrate with you.
When you fail, it is only your family that will be there.
*GO BACK TO YOUR FAMILY!*

When you have palm oil on your finger, the whole world will come to lick.
If its blood it is only your Family that will heal.
*CELEBRATE YOUR FAMILY.*

If you are in the Government house, the whole world will seek you.
If it is the mortuary only your family will come around you.
*VALUE YOUR FAMILY.*

When you are one year in the office, the whole world will come to celebrate.
If it is one year in the cemetery, only your family will pay a visit.
*REMEMBER YOUR FAMILY.*

When you have money to give, friends will come and enjoy.
When you have bill to pay friends will run, only family will remain.
*SPEND TIME WITH YOUR FAMILY.*

When you have coats of many colors, the whole world will love your presence.
When you are naked only your family will stand to cover you.
*RESPECT YOUR FAMILY.*

When there is fame to share everybody will be your friend.
If there is shame to bear only your family will still be proud of you.
*SHOW LOVE TO YOUR FAMILY.*

Prosperity attract the world, Poverty send them away from you.
Poor or rich you have a place in your home.
*HONOR YOUR FAMILY.*

Loud ovation and kisses from the world when you succeed, shame and rejection from them when you fail.
Failure or Success there is a room for you in your family.
*CONNECT WITH YOUR FAMILY.*

Glory be to God who set the solitary in ufamilies.
That is why I say *GOD BLESS MY FAMILY!*nnpqp
Re: Akufo-Addo Presents Cash To Stranded Ghanaian Drivers On Benin-Nigeria Border by ntyce(m): 7:52pm On Nov 01, 2019
Xisnin:

Your post is a testament to the fact that the leaders represent majority of followers.
The ability to inflict pain is not a sign of greatness.

Yet people like you praised Trump as a great leader when he hiked tariffs on Chinese goods....
Was Trump not inflicting pains on his citizens?

3 Likes

Re: Akufo-Addo Presents Cash To Stranded Ghanaian Drivers On Benin-Nigeria Border by tegrianonigltd(m): 7:52pm On Nov 01, 2019
iammo:
cool

when buhari holds you for blockus, you must piss blood, lets see who would blink first in this blinking contest

if there is no rice i will drink pap, eat amala, akpu or cook dangote pasta and that igbo man's delicoius noddles ...

*since the border closure we havent heard of fulani attack and kidnaping had gone down, are our west african brothers telling us they are blind to see armed herdsmen entering our territory from thier side?

* are there no ships in ghana that can load goods to apapa or warri ports and pay needed custom duty?

*We share our paltry manageable electricity to niger, togo and benin, yet they dont pay and still mock us for not having 24/7 electricity

*Every conflict in west africa, from liberia to seria loane we send our troops, waste our gallant soldiers blood , sweat and tears, only for same west africa to let boko haram hide and run us over

*We gave mandella our passport and all his comrades (almost all thier top current politician and freedom fighters have nigerian passport) so that they can travel and confront the western power, we even gave them money from our own savings.. what did they pay us back with? death and painful lynching while they laugh on, video the victims and call us names

*Our Defence College Kaduna and Staff College Jos freely trained some of thier best military and political leaders, but then only to alert us of dangers coming into our territory they fvcking turn blind

If Nigeria can survive US sanction under Abacha's Regime and many people cooked with sawdust, firewood when kerosine wasnt coming in and gas was expensive, if we ate millets and maize like rice and enjoyed it with beans, why the fvck do this people think we can't close our border as we deem fit

They pay heavily for the electricity, that’s why electricity in Togo and co is more expensive than Nigeria, see before people write sometimes, travel, go and see things for yourself. No just them say them say.... during the civil war, other countries came in too..

1 Like

Re: Akufo-Addo Presents Cash To Stranded Ghanaian Drivers On Benin-Nigeria Border by foreshore(m): 8:00pm On Nov 01, 2019
peachysteve:

Source:

https://www.graphic.com.gh/news/general-news/president-presents-cash-to-stranded-ghanaian-drivers-on-benin-nigeria-border.html

For once Nigeria demonstrated that he is indeed giant of West Africa or did i hear you say Africa!!!
Re: Akufo-Addo Presents Cash To Stranded Ghanaian Drivers On Benin-Nigeria Border by Johans1991: 8:00pm On Nov 01, 2019
The Ghana president should be ready to pay the drivers for more than 10yrs because even after Buhari tenure Osinbajo who is taking over will also close the border.
If to say other past president took did difficult decision Nigeria wouldn't have been like this.
God bless Buhari
God bless Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Akufo-Addo Presents Cash To Stranded Ghanaian Drivers On Benin-Nigeria Border by Johans1991: 8:07pm On Nov 01, 2019
ntyce:

Yet people like you praised Trump as a great leader when he hiked tariffs on Chinese goods....
my brother, don't mind those hypocrite, they we're the people that supported Trump to build fence around united state but they are here castigating Buhari who stands against smuggling.
Re: Akufo-Addo Presents Cash To Stranded Ghanaian Drivers On Benin-Nigeria Border by iammo(m): 8:08pm On Nov 01, 2019
dude there goverment have being defaulting on payment and you can google fashola's action towards that

tegrianonigltd:

They pay heavily for the electricity, that’s why electricity in Togo and co is more expensive than Nigeria, see before people write sometimes, travel, go and see things for yourself. No just them say them say.... during the civil war, other countries came in too..

1 Like

Re: Akufo-Addo Presents Cash To Stranded Ghanaian Drivers On Benin-Nigeria Border by pharmagba: 8:23pm On Nov 01, 2019
paulchucks:
This border closure is killing businesses in Nigeria but govt don't know, they are protecting rice and killing one million businesses. like it or not our neighbouring countries buy 40% of what we produce go the border and see over a thousand trailers moving goods out of the country majority manufactured here even agricultural products
My customer from Niger Republic told me how they donated money for their friends who main trade is to buy orange from the south here and sell in Niger Republic but was cut out and the lorry load of oranges spoiled leaving him bankrupt this orange is an agricultural product also and is one among hundreds also suffering. Some companies are producing at 50%capacity now for lack of customers, the govt should have a rethink.
It time to start thinking outside the box
We got to set up an orange juice factory
Re: Akufo-Addo Presents Cash To Stranded Ghanaian Drivers On Benin-Nigeria Border by Deepthoughts: 8:43pm On Nov 01, 2019
ntyce:

Stop misleading people, our border with Niger is closed however there are still numerous illegal routes used by herdsmen. Same way the illegal routes are found in Ohunbe, Imeko etc in the southwest.
But Gani Adams the aare onakakanfo of yoruba land clearly stated s few days ago that the northern borders are open n the government didn't contradict that, where you?,n I still insist that majority of the fulanis causing crisis in Nigeria are from with in,I spent 9years in Nigeria state,3years in kaduna,10years in be taraba,11 years in maiduguri borno,I witnessed personally the Tiv vs jukuns fulani crisis of taraba 1992-93,2001-2002.the Taliban uprising led by Mohammed Yusuf in yobe/borno 2004-2005, prophet Mohammed cartoon riots in maiduguri 2006, boko Haram crisis in borno from July 2009-june 2013, fulani crisis in guma LGA of benue 2014,all these crisis I witnessed them in person n by God's special grace I'm presently in one of the north central state alive,so I know what I'm talking about.
Re: Akufo-Addo Presents Cash To Stranded Ghanaian Drivers On Benin-Nigeria Border by pharmagba: 8:46pm On Nov 01, 2019
Empredboy:
my dear my client is on life support as I type now since 3 weeks ago because his ginger has spoilt at Seme border worth #24m going to Mali, poultries in Badagry close to border whose customers are benins are crying because they have excess eggs. Now they are force to take it to Lagos on that bad Badagry expressway.
Please be quick to think outside the box
Find out how ginger can be preserved quickly and take immediate step
It is border closure today it could be accident or another situation tomorrow

You may be surprised it may not cost you N1m to preserve the ginger

Take action now, you don't have control over the border , take action on the one you have control over

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Akufo-Addo Presents Cash To Stranded Ghanaian Drivers On Benin-Nigeria Border by bobokeshington: 8:52pm On Nov 01, 2019
How this one take reduce the price of rice in the market na

owenseddies40:
*CONNECT WITH YOUR FAMILY*

When you are successful, the whole world will celebrate with you.
When you fail, it is only your family that will be there.
*GO BACK TO YOUR FAMILY!*

When you have palm oil on your finger, the whole world will come to lick.
If its blood it is only your Family that will heal.
*CELEBRATE YOUR FAMILY.*

If you are in the Government house, the whole world will seek you.
If it is the mortuary only your family will come around you.
*VALUE YOUR FAMILY.*

When you are one year in the office, the whole world will come to celebrate.
If it is one year in the cemetery, only your family will pay a visit.
*REMEMBER YOUR FAMILY.*

When you have money to give, friends will come and enjoy.
When you have bill to pay friends will run, only family will remain.
*SPEND TIME WITH YOUR FAMILY.*

When you have coats of many colors, the whole world will love your presence.
When you are naked only your family will stand to cover you.
*RESPECT YOUR FAMILY.*

When there is fame to share everybody will be your friend.
If there is shame to bear only your family will still be proud of you.
*SHOW LOVE TO YOUR FAMILY.*

Prosperity attract the world, Poverty send them away from you.
Poor or rich you have a place in your home.
*HONOR YOUR FAMILY.*

Loud ovation and kisses from the world when you succeed, shame and rejection from them when you fail.
Failure or Success there is a room for you in your family.
*CONNECT WITH YOUR FAMILY.*

Glory be to God who set the solitary in ufamilies.
That is why I say *GOD BLESS MY FAMILY!*nnpqp
Re: Akufo-Addo Presents Cash To Stranded Ghanaian Drivers On Benin-Nigeria Border by Just30: 9:03pm On Nov 01, 2019
FemiMaduka:

Nigeria has its problems, but it is not for a country the stature of Ghana to yap about.

I won't oblige you again. I will allow you to keep deluding yourself.

Shalom.

P.S.: please, when is your country going to pay the debt it owes us?
go ask buhari where he spent the money Ghana give him for him to feed you
Re: Akufo-Addo Presents Cash To Stranded Ghanaian Drivers On Benin-Nigeria Border by brodalikeme(m): 9:08pm On Nov 01, 2019
suskumayaya:
A mentally balanced individual should know that the current temporary boarder closure is the right thing to do considering the security and economic implications smuggling has cost Nigeria.
The FG should implement a seamless, fast and transparent clearing process in the ports.
ECOWAS economic charter has been seriously abused.

Exactly my thought. Enough of this soothing emissaries from our neighbours without addressing the real issues. Nigeria should use this time to put in place a robust clearing system that would benefit us. Now is the time to implement a national import and export process that will reflect our stance as a sovereign nation.
Border closure is just a short fix!

2 Likes

Re: Akufo-Addo Presents Cash To Stranded Ghanaian Drivers On Benin-Nigeria Border by tigger56: 9:50pm On Nov 01, 2019
You must be a drunk Yoruba guy to spew these jargons! How can any sane person compare Ghana to Nigeria? Can Uruguay be compared to Brazil or Germany with Switzerland or Even China with Singapore? It’s not about per capital it’s about the full size of the economy. Ghana produces nothing and is really unnecessarily loud . Let them also close their borders and let’s see who loses eventually.
grandstar:

You state the difference between Nigeria's per capita income and that of Ghana is negligible? That should make you weep. These were guys who flocked to Nigeria doing odd jobs. Nigeria was their Eldorado! In my primary school in Ikeja, all my teachers were Ghanaians. I remember Ghana must go. Today, they've caught up with us in terms of per capita income. Who did Nigeria offend?

Nigeria's economic clout is primarily due to its population size. The country's per capita income is nothing to write home about. Switzerland, a country of about 8m people has a GDP bigger than Nigeria. Netherlands with 17m people has a GDP bigger than Nigeria.

Nigeria and South Africa are living off old glory. Nigeria's economy has been in reversal ever since Buhari assumed power. As of 2013, the per capita income was $3,000.

By the way, I am not Ghanaian. I am a full blooded Yoruba guy. The truth must be told

1 Like

Re: Akufo-Addo Presents Cash To Stranded Ghanaian Drivers On Benin-Nigeria Border by webngnews: 10:19pm On Nov 01, 2019
hmmm
Re: Akufo-Addo Presents Cash To Stranded Ghanaian Drivers On Benin-Nigeria Border by goldmatrix(m): 11:22pm On Nov 01, 2019
Deepthoughts:
we shouldn't just be praising buhari for this,the federal government has made it point, it's time to listen to the genuine complains of our nieghbouring countries, let's not decieve ourselves that we don't need them,if n when they choose to gang up against us the results will not be too pleasant.

"What will others say about us" is what is killing Nigeria. There's no country that loves other citizens and by extension their economy more than their except Nigeria.

None. Think first of your economy before considering any other things..

1 Like

Re: Akufo-Addo Presents Cash To Stranded Ghanaian Drivers On Benin-Nigeria Border by izibili44: 11:55pm On Nov 01, 2019
paulchucks:
This border closure is killing businesses in Nigeria but govt don't know, they are protecting rice and killing one million businesses. like it or not our neighbouring countries buy 40% of what we produce go the border and see over a thousand trailers moving goods out of the country majority manufactured here even agricultural products
My customer from Niger Republic told me how they donated money for their friends who main trade is to buy orange from the south here and sell in Niger Republic but was cut out and the lorry load of oranges spoiled leaving him bankrupt this orange is an agricultural product also and is one among hundreds also suffering. Some companies are producing at 50%capacity now for lack of customers, the govt should have a rethink.
Thank you for your comment.I also feels that closure of the boarder is not the right thing to do.What about Nigerian who are also exporting to the neighboring country.Every body is affected.Do will have enough rice for this people in Nigeria.Christmas is coming you will see the price of rice.what we need to do is make sure everything is in place in Nigeria first,Inform we the little exporter of the plan ahead.A lot of my team small exporter are also into debt.Our goods is stock in the boarder.who came to our rescue.Nigerian stores and business has been shut down in GHANA.
Re: Akufo-Addo Presents Cash To Stranded Ghanaian Drivers On Benin-Nigeria Border by Yemi7up: 11:59pm On Nov 01, 2019
gurunlocker:
Naija, the Big brother of Africa..... grin grin
Now they know better.
Re: Akufo-Addo Presents Cash To Stranded Ghanaian Drivers On Benin-Nigeria Border by Yemi7up: 12:19am On Nov 02, 2019
Their government should tell the truth and not this cheap blackmail. Our ports are open they should make use of them.

1 Like

Re: Akufo-Addo Presents Cash To Stranded Ghanaian Drivers On Benin-Nigeria Border by Xisnin(m): 5:17am On Nov 02, 2019
ntyce:

How did you know my position on Trump?
You must have mistaken me for some dunderheads on this forum and elsewhere.
I have always maintained that Trump is a buffoon and stupid.
He can only impress the illiterates who think noisemaking and grandstanding is an achievement
and delusional folks who see him as some kind of a messiah.

Now back to the topic.
Inflicting pain on one's neighbor is not a sign of greatness and has never been.
Re: Akufo-Addo Presents Cash To Stranded Ghanaian Drivers On Benin-Nigeria Border by urahara(m): 6:03am On Nov 02, 2019
[quote author=grandstar post=83661654]

You state the difference between Nigeria's per capita income and that of Ghana is negligible? That should make you weep. These were guys who flocked to Nigeria doing odd jobs. Nigeria was their Eldorado! In my primary school in Ikeja, all my teachers were Ghanaians. I remember Ghana must go. Today, they've caught up with us in terms of per capita income. Who did Nigeria offend?

Nigeria's economic clout is primarily due to its population size. The country's per capita income is nothing to write home about. Switzerland, a country of about 8m people has a GDP bigger than Nigeria. Netherlands with 17m people has a GDP bigger than Nigeria.

Nigeria and South Africa are living off old glory. Nigeria's economy has been in reversal ever since Buhari assumed power. As of 2013, the per capita income was $3,000.

By the way, I am not Ghanaian. I am a full blooded Yoruba guy. The truth must be told[/quote

Not buharis fault but the oil busts fault
Re: Akufo-Addo Presents Cash To Stranded Ghanaian Drivers On Benin-Nigeria Border by KodakBlack: 7:40am On Nov 02, 2019
Well said!

FemiMaduka:
Nigeria is not where it should be but it does not mean we should not take it upon ourselves to put her back on course. I am certain Nigeria does not particularly hate any African country, not even South Africa. We are at worst indifferent about their existence. We have embraced Ghanaians from all walks of life; from the movies [Van Vicker, Dumelo, Juliet, Appiah, John etc. are all popular names in Nigeria] to entertainment, to sports etc. But Ghana has always been about how to undermine us, for reasons still unknown. All the forays that Nigerian brands have made into Ghana were by way of 'helpless acceptance', not out of love.

The truth is, the only countries that can be said to be ahead of Nigeria in Africa [on some metrics] are South Africa and Egypt; South Africa by the robustness [not size] of its economy and European-standard infrastructure, and Egypt by its sheer military capability.

Nigeria, the biggest economy on the continent, will only move on to consolidate its status as Africa's biggest country. Traducers like Ghana can only watch helplessly. We still will not hate Ghana.

In all sense of decorum, Ghana is TOO SMALL A FRY!
Re: Akufo-Addo Presents Cash To Stranded Ghanaian Drivers On Benin-Nigeria Border by Empredboy(m): 8:26am On Nov 02, 2019
pharmagba:

Please be quick to think outside the box
Find out how ginger can be preserved quickly and take immediate step
It is border closure today it could be accident or another situation tomorrow

You may be surprised it may not cost you N1m to preserve the ginger

Take action now, you don't have control over the border , take action on the one you have control over
yes but my client has not come out of the lost.
Re: Akufo-Addo Presents Cash To Stranded Ghanaian Drivers On Benin-Nigeria Border by Deepthoughts: 9:10am On Nov 02, 2019
goldmatrix:

"What will others say about us" is what is killing Nigeria. There's no country that loves other citizens and by extension their economy more than their except Nigeria.

None. Think first of your economy before considering any other things..
look I'm thinking seriously about our own interest before commenting, let's be frank n objective,we just don't have the capacity n wherewithal to stand alone n damn every of our neighbors, millions of our citizens live in these country,own n do business there much more than theirs in our country, sending those millions back here is going to catastrophic, everything is not by gragra,we have flexed our muscles n they have seen it but let's not push beyond reasonable limit, buhari had taken the country through this path before n we knew the results.
Re: Akufo-Addo Presents Cash To Stranded Ghanaian Drivers On Benin-Nigeria Border by dederocs(m): 11:48am On Nov 02, 2019
grandstar:

So much noise over nothing. What dumping? What goods are being dumped? The word dumping is a protectionist excuse to import goods. Yet the protectionist wants to exports goods globally. What if the importing nations shout dumping, what do you do?

Nigeria had better wakeup to painful economic reality. Buhari's nonexistent understanding of economics has sunk this economy aground. The country lacks comparative advantage in rice production. That is why we have been a massive net importer of rice. It is cheaper to import rice than to produce it locally. The country does not have a problem with producing rice. It just lacks comparative advantage in its production. Economists say you're better off buying the things you lack comparative advantage in.

I don't see how Nigerians paying 18,000 for a commodity that should be retailing for 10,000 a bag helps them. How is the poor man benefiting? How does it improve food security in the country or for the poor man?
Too much imports destroys the value of our currency, and causes inflation for our people,
you see how it affects the common man now?

The principles of comparative advantage does not apply here, because Nigeria produces rice, we have lands for it, government just need to support the farmers...imported rice are genetically modified, filled with chemical and shit, you can't compare them to our local Ofada rice. Comparative advantage does not apply here, please talk sense, when it comes to food, quality is top priority.
Re: Akufo-Addo Presents Cash To Stranded Ghanaian Drivers On Benin-Nigeria Border by urahara(m): 2:36pm On Nov 02, 2019
grandstar:

By the way, I am not Ghanaian. I am a full blooded Yoruba guy. The truth must be told

This is a very embarrassing fact.

California has a bigger economy than the whole of Africa combined.
Re: Akufo-Addo Presents Cash To Stranded Ghanaian Drivers On Benin-Nigeria Border by grandstar(m): 2:54pm On Nov 02, 2019
urahara:

This is a very embarrassing fact.

California has a bigger economy than the whole of Africa combined.

Extremely true. The GDP of the 10 largest states in America based on economic size all have GDP' s higher than Nigeria

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Two Uber Vehicles Rolled Over In Collision In Lagos, RRS Came To The Rescue / Canada Counters Dele Momodu's Statement That They Need Nigerian Immigrants / Photos Of The Obudu Mountain Resort, Calabar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.