Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,945 members, 7,806,737 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:11 PM

Eto'o: I'm The Best African Player In History - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Eto'o: I'm The Best African Player In History (28941 Views)

AFCON: Cameroon FA Rejects Samuel Eto'o Fils' Resignation / Etienne, Samuel Eto'o's Son To Play For Cameroon In FIFA Under-17 World Cup / Samuel Eto'o's Multi-million Dollar Car Collections (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Eto'o: I'm The Best African Player In History by obembet(f): 12:51pm On Nov 01, 2019
Although the Ballon d'Or eluded him during his playing time, the Cameroon legend feels he is the best African player ever

Former Barcelona and Inter Milan striker Samuel Eto’o has insisted he is the best African player in history.

The 38-year-old had an illustrious career where he won 18 major trophies, including three Champions Leagues and two Africa Cup of Nations titles as well as an Olympic gold medal.

Eto’o was named the African Player of the Year four times but failed to win the Ballon d'Or, with his best placing being in the 2005 edition where he finished third.

Eto’o believes he was the best player from the continent, given his achievements during his playing time for his country and the various clubs he played for.

"I don't need to lay claim to anything, it's just a fact. Whether you accept it or not, it's a fact," Eto’o told AFP.

"Everyone is entitled to their opinion. You know, as an African, you are always being judged. What is unacceptable is that the first people to do it are always the Africans. They can't take anything away from me because I am proud to be African.

"When I look at where I came from and how far I got, I tell myself that I am entitled to be proud. That doesn't mean I am big-headed, far from it. It is just that, in this world, people like puppets and I don't accept being one."

Source : https://www.eurosport.com/football/barcelona-legend-samuel-eto-o-it-s-a-fact-that-i-m-the-best-african-player-ever_sto7519157/story-amp.shtml

39 Likes

Re: Eto'o: I'm The Best African Player In History by Bruno3000(m): 1:01pm On Nov 01, 2019
No be lie na. We all know

193 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Eto'o: I'm The Best African Player In History by Rednaxelot: 1:40pm On Nov 01, 2019
He May be the most decorated African player, George Weah still holds the highest individual award more than Eto’o does.

European football and World football awards aren’t “moinmoin”

214 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Eto'o: I'm The Best African Player In History by Jokerman(m): 3:24pm On Nov 01, 2019
George Weah is still number 1, followed closely by Eto'o

102 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Eto'o: I'm The Best African Player In History by Brandstudio01: 4:30pm On Nov 01, 2019
He was unarguably one of the best on African soil during his time. Forget what He didn't say or what He said. That was only a joke

Anyway, l will Build a Professional Logo for your Product or Company For 2k Only. Offer valid today only. See my info below to Chat me up.
Pay on Delivery

2 Likes

Re: Eto'o: I'm The Best African Player In History by jesus247alive(m): 4:30pm On Nov 01, 2019
For him mind oo

What's happened to JUDGE WEAH that won world best....
What happened to JJ

Pack well biko.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Eto'o: I'm The Best African Player In History by Siberia01(m): 4:31pm On Nov 01, 2019
k
Re: Eto'o: I'm The Best African Player In History by Centcanada: 4:31pm On Nov 01, 2019
Who come ask you?

2 Likes

Re: Eto'o: I'm The Best African Player In History by Elvis2kay: 4:31pm On Nov 01, 2019
grin
Re: Eto'o: I'm The Best African Player In History by helinues: 4:31pm On Nov 01, 2019
undecided

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eto'o: I'm The Best African Player In History by Nobody: 4:31pm On Nov 01, 2019
No dey make mouth angry

See my siggy
Re: Eto'o: I'm The Best African Player In History by MobilityExpress: 4:31pm On Nov 01, 2019
Can't argue with that Eto'o.

11 Likes

Re: Eto'o: I'm The Best African Player In History by Nobody: 4:32pm On Nov 01, 2019
The President of Liberia have the award, you can go and collect it.

George Weah, the president of Liberia is the only African player that have won the world best player award

120 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eto'o: I'm The Best African Player In History by adez2016(m): 4:32pm On Nov 01, 2019
very true!

Aside petty awards, who in Africa can beat these.....................

Gold at the 2000 Olympics
Africa Cup of Nations winner in 2000, 2002
African Player of the Year in 2003, 2004, 2005, 2010
UEFA Champions League winner in 2005, 2009, 2010
African Cup of Nations all-time top goalscorer
RCD Mallorca all-time top goalscorer
Cameroon all-time top goalscorer
He came third in 2005 for FIFA World Player of the Year.
He has been to a record 4 world cup competitions when Goerge Weah could not boast of one.
Abeg shoe get size

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Eto'o: I'm The Best African Player In History by OfeAchi: 4:32pm On Nov 01, 2019
Is you better than Chukueze?

The greatest so far...
1. CR7===The one and only GOAT. Greater than Pele and Maradona
2. Mo Salah===He is greater than Weah and Eto'o
3. Pele & Maradona
5. Chukueze
6. Eto
7. Weah
8. Then that short engine from Barcelona===Messi the SHEEP

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Eto'o: I'm The Best African Player In History by iammo(m): 4:32pm On Nov 01, 2019
he is one of the best actually, and his comparisson are the like of weah

2 Likes

Re: Eto'o: I'm The Best African Player In History by GideonIdaboh(f): 4:32pm On Nov 01, 2019
I just asked my hubby now and he confirmed to me that Yakubu Aiyegbeni is number 1 followed by Osaze Odemwinge.

74 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Eto'o: I'm The Best African Player In History by Write4me(m): 4:32pm On Nov 01, 2019
Gorge Weah watin..how many of his ball you watch ? Eto’o the African GOAT

13 Likes

Re: Eto'o: I'm The Best African Player In History by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 4:32pm On Nov 01, 2019
Etoo, you are good but George Weah is the only GOAT I know.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eto'o: I'm The Best African Player In History by RichDad1(m): 4:33pm On Nov 01, 2019
You’re an African Legend no doubt.

2 Likes

Re: Eto'o: I'm The Best African Player In History by Sonnobax15(m): 4:33pm On Nov 01, 2019
lipsrsealed Na true cha,but if to say okocha didn't use his igbo man's mentality to chase after a financially,successfully short career,eto wouldn't be here bragging.

12 Likes

Re: Eto'o: I'm The Best African Player In History by MOVIC6: 4:33pm On Nov 01, 2019
who confirmed that one....
Re: Eto'o: I'm The Best African Player In History by Duplik8t77(m): 4:33pm On Nov 01, 2019
I hate when ppl sing their own praises...

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eto'o: I'm The Best African Player In History by Sammyadexxx(m): 4:33pm On Nov 01, 2019
We know no be lie
Re: Eto'o: I'm The Best African Player In History by michoim(m): 4:33pm On Nov 01, 2019
He may be right

5 Likes

Re: Eto'o: I'm The Best African Player In History by adewumiopeyemi(m): 4:33pm On Nov 01, 2019
That was then jare
Re: Eto'o: I'm The Best African Player In History by ZombieTERROR: 4:33pm On Nov 01, 2019
Lies....

Greats were before you
And even after you
Re: Eto'o: I'm The Best African Player In History by nairalee(m): 4:34pm On Nov 01, 2019
Well, not technically wrong and also not perfectly correct.

2 Likes

Re: Eto'o: I'm The Best African Player In History by Mykaelz001(m): 4:34pm On Nov 01, 2019
How e take concern boiz��

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ivory Coast Vs Ethiopia AFCON Qualifier Referee Collapses During Match (Photos) / VAR Technology In Football: What Every Nigerian Should Know. Techcapon / Arsenal Chiefs 'set To Meet Barca Officials To Thrash Out Coutinho Loan Deal'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.