Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,555 members, 7,809,027 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:15 PM

Is 80k A Bad Salary? The Story Of Seyi Of UBA - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Is 80k A Bad Salary? The Story Of Seyi Of UBA (53536 Views)

Pay Slip Of UBA Contract Staff Who Earns ₦‎45,000 Monthly / Is N400,000 A Bad Salary In Today's Nigeria? Is He Doing Something Wrong / From 35k To 180k Salary: The Story Of Joel Moses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is 80k A Bad Salary? The Story Of Seyi Of UBA by iammo(m): 8:20am On Nov 02, 2019
if he owns the bike his net take home is anywhere between 3500 to 4k after removing ticket(union and LGA) expenses, fueling(1500) and small expenses like oil and tire and vulcanizers... however if he doesnt own the bike and he still pays installments to the real owners then his take home is within 2500 to 3000...

and bikers have three peaks in a day they make the most money, thats morning rush, afternoon work close and night, each peak can get you nothing lesss than 2000

Babisk:
t

Subtract fuel and servicing. Then tell us how much they really make bro
Re: Is 80k A Bad Salary? The Story Of Seyi Of UBA by smasher1(m): 8:20am On Nov 02, 2019
healthserve:

Banking used to be easy. You're right. Since marketing tactics got merged into the banking sector it became another thing

1. Unrealistic targets

2. Robbers

3. People using charm to collect money at the expense of the cashier

You're right. Yet, the take home pay isn't encouraging.

I don't expect a banker to go home with less than 120-150-180-220-250k

Standing for long hours daily. Chai Bankers you guys are trying

And yet the average banker take home is below 100k. Or below 50k in recent times.
Re: Is 80k A Bad Salary? The Story Of Seyi Of UBA by ctleurocollege: 8:21am On Nov 02, 2019
N80K is not bad, it's your lifestyle that will decide. Many people over 60 earned far less than that during their time(inflation considered) but what they achieved is far more. Be wise.

4 Likes

Re: Is 80k A Bad Salary? The Story Of Seyi Of UBA by smasher1(m): 8:23am On Nov 02, 2019
Texty:
Contract staff no be staff ooo... Instead try to find way take be direct staff first.... Your salary go increase instead of signing your sack warrant your self

What bank employs direct staff that is not an experienced hand in 2019?

Basically none. They all employ contract staff now.

1 Like

Re: Is 80k A Bad Salary? The Story Of Seyi Of UBA by Nobody: 8:23am On Nov 02, 2019
YurFatHer:
That's why most people resign being a contract staff and opening their own business. Imagine 80k, I go marry, pay house rent and bills, buy food stuffs and pay children school fees inside 80k. Being an entrepreneur rocks.
True that
Re: Is 80k A Bad Salary? The Story Of Seyi Of UBA by Texty: 8:24am On Nov 02, 2019
smasher1:

True sha
Re: Is 80k A Bad Salary? The Story Of Seyi Of UBA by davidplum(m): 8:26am On Nov 02, 2019
Seyi will be earning more than that now, after a year the pay becomes 100k, after two years it becomes 142k. It is a progression.

3 Likes

Re: Is 80k A Bad Salary? The Story Of Seyi Of UBA by Nobody: 8:26am On Nov 02, 2019
psyqs:

No mind this one, let's say the bike man makes 5k.
1500 for the owner. Another 1500 for fuel. His net is 2k. He will eat and there is maintenance like you said.
Imagine the kind cold wey the bike man go pack for that chest b4 him make 5k in a day. Be sure him go wake by 4am to start work

1 Like

Re: Is 80k A Bad Salary? The Story Of Seyi Of UBA by smasher1(m): 8:27am On Nov 02, 2019
tonididdy:

people are just too foolish I tell you. religion Don finish us. as if dignity puts food on the table. He should go to banks and see aboki (suya and cattle sellers) depositing a cashier salary in just one visit.

people mumu sha

Aboki people deposit a cashier's three or more years salary every day. Amount what millions.
Re: Is 80k A Bad Salary? The Story Of Seyi Of UBA by Nobody: 8:27am On Nov 02, 2019
Texty:

True sha
Just the truth
Re: Is 80k A Bad Salary? The Story Of Seyi Of UBA by Buffalo2(m): 8:27am On Nov 02, 2019
Na dem wahala be that. Bankers wey no dey tell pple wetin dey bite them under cloth. Starch their shirts and look down on pple as the the vaults belong to them. Those in customer units are another thing especially that same UBA we are talking about. They are so rude, uncultured and ill mannered.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is 80k A Bad Salary? The Story Of Seyi Of UBA by simple250: 8:27am On Nov 02, 2019
I bought my 1st car with 60k salary ....some pple like to chop Turkey when them suppose they chop dry fish or bonger fish.

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is 80k A Bad Salary? The Story Of Seyi Of UBA by Bamibor: 8:28am On Nov 02, 2019
smasher1:

Not true sir. Banks are still employing permanent staff at entry level

1 Like

Re: Is 80k A Bad Salary? The Story Of Seyi Of UBA by smasher1(m): 8:31am On Nov 02, 2019
Bamibor:

Not true sir. Banks are still employing permanent staff at entry level

Well, I am not aware because the situation I see especially in this big banks is scary. The only permanent staff they seem to employ now is OND holders with low pay.

1 Like

Re: Is 80k A Bad Salary? The Story Of Seyi Of UBA by AlphaStyles(m): 8:33am On Nov 02, 2019
smasher1:

Aboki people deposit a cashier's three or more years salary every day. Amount what millions.
u see aboki they are into many things that money u see so was gotten from Agriculture and other side hustles I know of a soldier back then he doesn't depend on salary alone he had cattles,sheep's and fowls if not for his religion he would have rared pig too this man counts bundles of money every week seriously people take Agriculture for granted

The issue is that u can earn less but still make it big it has to do with your inniciative

Most people earn 40 thousand a month but u see them hardly complain they are even living a better life more than those who earn 200k per month

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is 80k A Bad Salary? The Story Of Seyi Of UBA by AlphaStyles(m): 8:34am On Nov 02, 2019
simple250:
I bought my 1st car with 60k salary ....some pple like to chop Turkey when them suppose they chop dry fish or bonger fish.
to some people to chop good life it's by force

6 Likes

Re: Is 80k A Bad Salary? The Story Of Seyi Of UBA by SenecaTheYonger: 8:35am On Nov 02, 2019
iammo:

3000 a day times 30 days, you do the math

Is 3k after removing fuel money and feeding?
Re: Is 80k A Bad Salary? The Story Of Seyi Of UBA by Oiza131(f): 8:36am On Nov 02, 2019
I graduated 2017.my highest paid job after nysc is 33,000. Presently I earn lower than that sef. I'm not happy about it but my dear its better than being idle. Focusing on meeting the right persons and good channels... Earning 80k now, my unemployed brother will so jump at it.
The hustle is real

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is 80k A Bad Salary? The Story Of Seyi Of UBA by pocohantas(f): 8:37am On Nov 02, 2019
And Nairalanders should get realistic,

I come on NL and read how bikers, truck drivers...etc are making 5000 daily, 50k weekly, 100 weekly. I am not saying some are not earning that much- but how come their kids are still being chased out of schools? The men run away after their wives put to bed in hospitals. That is till good Nigerians come to their aids.

Anyone in Seyi's shoes can do better, but such person should look before leaping. All these motivational speakers can push someone into putting hand for fire grin

11 Likes

Re: Is 80k A Bad Salary? The Story Of Seyi Of UBA by iammo(m): 8:38am On Nov 02, 2019
SenecaTheYonger:

Is 3k after removing fuel money and feeding?

after removing money for fuel, union ticket, LGA levy... if he feeds is not my concern, atleast the banker also feeds in his 80k salary
Re: Is 80k A Bad Salary? The Story Of Seyi Of UBA by jay7(m): 8:39am On Nov 02, 2019
Kittex7:

Imagine the kind cold wey the bike man go pack for that chest b4 him make 5k in a day. Be sure him go wake by 4am to start work

Yes the bike man will be face with cold truly but if he plan well and all things been equal in 3-4 years he may choose to drop Okada and venture into something else from his little savings, I can tell you that if you are the owner of your bike and you know what you are doing, you can be saving 800-1000 everyday, monday to Saturday then you rest on Sunday and you will still feed your family, pay rent and pay your children school fee. 1000 every Monday to Saturday is 6,000 and for four weeks is 24,000 let's say you can maintain that standard for a year you would have upto 200,000 and let's say challenges came up you will still have half of that money somewhere. The mistake we make mostly we youths is that we want to start today and make it big today that's why people over worked themselves. Life is not a competition, do not compete with anyone, plan your life, pray, be dedicated and don't ever compare your life with anyone. And for you saying a bike man or cab man don't earn much, please don't argue what you don't know, a man collecting 80,000 after transportation and feeding and savings for rent might be left with 30,000 savings and a bike man or cab man would do all the above and still has a savings more tham that monthly, for you saying there is know dignity in driving okada or cab, if there are know riders and cab driver how would you get to your destination if you don't have your private car? Everyone out there huzzling is rendering one important service to the community, from a gateman to a biker, to a cab man, policemen, bankers, people running canteen and restaurants e.t.c let's learn to appreciate ourselves. Thanks

25 Likes

Re: Is 80k A Bad Salary? The Story Of Seyi Of UBA by healthserve(m): 8:39am On Nov 02, 2019
smasher1:

And yet the average banker take home is below 100k. Or below 50k in recent times.

Jesus. You bankers should form your cooperative within yourself and set up businesses like keke marwa and co. I feel very bad hearing all these

1 Like

Re: Is 80k A Bad Salary? The Story Of Seyi Of UBA by healthserve(m): 8:41am On Nov 02, 2019
justmykel:

I work harder than bankers but my monthly take home no even near half of that 80k. I no go talk pass that one!

Its working smart not hard. I don't work too hard physically and there are times ive cashed in 500k monthly from home. Mind you I was still learning then o wink
Re: Is 80k A Bad Salary? The Story Of Seyi Of UBA by Nobody: 8:41am On Nov 02, 2019
smasher1:

Those people complaining about 80k salary are lazy and unproductive looking for ways to make easy money. Most of them would go into Yahoo and other fraudulent deals to survive. Typical Nigerian Lazy youth.

Depending on the unit the person is working in the bank, the experience acquired and those colleagues at work and other people you meet daily build your life database for future prosperity if only you know. The information you have determine how exposed you are.

I know so many people that have worked as contract staff in banks and have moved to very high paying career as a result of the contract jobs. Some are running their businesses based on the experience and networking made when they were at banks. Just be focus and happy with what you are doing.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is 80k A Bad Salary? The Story Of Seyi Of UBA by healthserve(m): 8:42am On Nov 02, 2019
Ryan03:
abeg do you have jobs? My salary nor big. It seems everyone on this forum are earning big

I have a loyal team already

Best of luck
Re: Is 80k A Bad Salary? The Story Of Seyi Of UBA by jay7(m): 8:43am On Nov 02, 2019
pocohantas:
And Nairalanders should get realistic,

I come on NL and read how bikers, truck drivers...etc are making 5000 daily, 50k weekly, 100 weekly. I am not saying some are not earning that much- but how come their kids are still being chased out of schools? The men run away after their wives put to bed in hospitals. That is till good Nigerians come to their aids.

Anyone in Seyi's shoes can do better, but such person should look before leaping. All these motivational speakers can push someone into putting hand for fire grin
Truly it happens, once you live above your means and you didn't plan well, things like that are bound to happen. There is a difference between Huzzling to survive and huzzling as a means to a better life. Most transpoters spend the little they make daily lavishly because they know daily money will surely come in tomorrow and when faced with family expenses they run because know savings. And even civil servants that doesn't plan well too would still run.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is 80k A Bad Salary? The Story Of Seyi Of UBA by Ryan03(f): 8:44am On Nov 02, 2019
healthserve:

I have a loyal team already

Best of luck
see them, awon nairaland billionaires. I hear you

5 Likes

Re: Is 80k A Bad Salary? The Story Of Seyi Of UBA by bakynes(m): 8:44am On Nov 02, 2019
I earn 90k salary in a month but i usually have runs within the field i work which earns me close to my salary. Besides the 90k is my Net pay which is my take home but my Gross is about 170k every month which is been taxed( income tax), Pension and housing savings which is paid to me every year in lump sum. I also earn incentives some months and get 15,000 naira worth of company products every month that i sell also. Give or take every month i take home 180k which is excluding my Pension. Most Government workers earn small salary but the runs is what gives them real money.

In the case of Seyi, contract staff in Banks dont earn nothing extra thats the disadvantage except a customer decides to dash them money.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is 80k A Bad Salary? The Story Of Seyi Of UBA by DexterousOne(m): 8:46am On Nov 02, 2019
healthserve:

The back to back profits declaration is something i m shocked that very little is demanded as a social tool form the banks to improve welfare for staffs and depositors. Its appealing I keep asking myself what the directors and top share holders are doing with all the monies when they keep declaring massive quarterly R.o.I and have almost not been in recessive state for a few banks up to ten years. So the back to back yearly post tax profits goes into what really

I feel for bankers. Yet they want bankers to maintain a dress code on their own private finances. Its appalling bro embarassed

My dad worked in the banking industry for 30years and I never for once saw the stress I see on bankers these days on my pa

I recommend all bankers to take advantage of the steady income to grow a business or investment and quit after good savings have been acrued. Even if its fixed deposit in form on annuity investments or other kind of consistent portfolio investment to increase chances of better future financially.

It's very bad what bankers go through today
Re: Is 80k A Bad Salary? The Story Of Seyi Of UBA by lamalang(m): 8:47am On Nov 02, 2019
It depends on what part of the country u are, in some part of the country you are one mini otedola while is some you will only not beg for food and recharge card

2 Likes

Re: Is 80k A Bad Salary? The Story Of Seyi Of UBA by ThisisIkemefuna(m): 8:48am On Nov 02, 2019
iammo:
a single bike 1500, or 11k per week ... i dont know if the bankers lives a better life my point is what they gross monthly, in fact if you can get your bike man to work for konga , or gig the bike earns 7k daily

best passive income ever is transport

Hello, good morning. Are you based in Lagos? I would love a little private chat with you, please?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Godwill Dike Accused Of Torturing His Staff, Sheidu Ozovehe (Photos) / How I Was Assaulted By My Lebanese Boss Yesterday Morning / Man Sacked By His Boss After He Refused To Sleep With His Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.