Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,561 members, 7,809,050 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:54 PM

Is 80k A Bad Salary? The Story Of Seyi Of UBA - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Is 80k A Bad Salary? The Story Of Seyi Of UBA (53539 Views)

Pay Slip Of UBA Contract Staff Who Earns ₦‎45,000 Monthly / Is N400,000 A Bad Salary In Today's Nigeria? Is He Doing Something Wrong / From 35k To 180k Salary: The Story Of Joel Moses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is 80k A Bad Salary? The Story Of Seyi Of UBA by Duggedised12(f): 8:48am On Nov 02, 2019
pocohantas:
And Nairalanders should get realistic,

I come on NL and read how bikers, truck drivers...etc are making 5000 daily, 50k weekly, 100 weekly. I am not saying some are not earning that much- but how come their kids are still being chased out of schools? The men run away after their wives put to bed in hospitals. That is till good Nigerians come to their aids.

Anyone in Seyi's shoes can do better, but such person should look before leaping. All these motivational speakers can push someone into putting hand for fire grin
lol ,i have been reading comments and just smiling ,you see for this internet wey we dey so ,everybody na big man grin.

9 Likes

Re: Is 80k A Bad Salary? The Story Of Seyi Of UBA by gbagyiza: 8:49am On Nov 02, 2019
YurFatHer:
That's why most people resign being a contract staff and opening their own business. Imagine 80k, I go marry, pay house rent and bills, buy food stuffs and pay children school fees inside 80k. Being an entrepreneur rocks.

Going into business is good but not everybody will do well in business. Some people have tried it but things did not work well for them. I am trying to say, everyone has his calling. It's a pity that a well-educated person earns that amount in Nigeria but patient, perseverance n determination will help someone get to that point in d future. I have seen people that started small n after developing themselves, today they earn something big even as workers.

1 Like

Re: Is 80k A Bad Salary? The Story Of Seyi Of UBA by healthserve(m): 8:50am On Nov 02, 2019
Ryan03:
see them, awon nairaland billionaires. I hear you

I owe you? Get lost.

1 Like

Re: Is 80k A Bad Salary? The Story Of Seyi Of UBA by ridbell01(m): 8:50am On Nov 02, 2019
If you are getting 80k salary here in Lagos it will take God miracle for that person to go back to his village with a full bag of cloth because they are just paying him for transport

3 Likes

Re: Is 80k A Bad Salary? The Story Of Seyi Of UBA by athorello(m): 8:51am On Nov 02, 2019
The only thing I'll say is that a smart UBA contract staff earning N80k monthly can make more than that extra, add side businesses, etc he'll even gross over 200k monthly.
One had transitioned the contracts staff ranks from messenger or delivery man, services to marketing/sales over the years. And he sabi the thing. Used the so called 70k to train his siblings, gf and himself, currently doing his masters and recently moved to a permanent role in a new bank with pay almost 4x times of where he was.
But I can't be that first class guy o.
Re: Is 80k A Bad Salary? The Story Of Seyi Of UBA by iammo(m): 8:51am On Nov 02, 2019
am based in ibadan, you can send me a PM

ThisisIkemefuna:

Hello, good morning. Are you based in Lagos? I would love a little private chat with you, please?
Re: Is 80k A Bad Salary? The Story Of Seyi Of UBA by Omokiri1(m): 8:51am On Nov 02, 2019
dubbiskelly:
80k in today’s Naija? How dem wan cope? Was making 200k way back in 2013 when a bag of rice was 7-8k.
Naija has regressed, truly there was a country.
Abeg make una help us too nah
Re: Is 80k A Bad Salary? The Story Of Seyi Of UBA by DexterousOne(m): 8:51am On Nov 02, 2019
jay7:

Yes the bike man will be face with cold truly but if he plan well and all things been equal in 3-4 years he may choose to drop Okada and venture into something else from his little savings, I can tell you that if you are the owner of your bike and you know what you are doing, you can be saving 800-1000 everyday, monday to Saturday then you rest on Sunday and you will still feed your family, pay rent and pay your children school fee. 1000 every Monday to Saturday is 6,000 and for four weeks is 24,000 let's say you can maintain that standard for a year you would have upto 200,000 and let's say challenges came up you will still have half of that money somewhere. The mistake we make mostly we youths is that we want to start today and make it big today that's why people over worked themselves. Life is not a competition, do not compete with anyone, plan your life, pray, be dedicated and don't ever compare your life with anyone. And for you saying a bike man or cab man don't earn much, please don't argue what you don't know, a man collecting 80,000 after transportation and feeding and savings for rent might be left with 30,000 savings and a bike man or cab man would do all the above and still has a savings more tham that monthly, for you saying there is know dignity in driving okada or cab, if there are know riders and cab driver how would you get to your destination if you don't have your private car? Everyone out there huzzling is rendering one important service to the community, from a gateman to a biker, to a cab man, policemen, bankers, people running canteen and restaurants e.t.c let's learn to appreciate ourselves. Thanks

There is dignity in Labour

A basic truth most Nigerians refuse to believe

3 Likes

Re: Is 80k A Bad Salary? The Story Of Seyi Of UBA by Omokiri1(m): 8:52am On Nov 02, 2019
Quorax:

If you are a graduate, spend 1 year learning how to sell using he internet. Start selling products online and watch how you make even 500k profit in one month if the competition is low and product is in high demand.
Mind creating a thread to tutor us about this?

2 Likes

Re: Is 80k A Bad Salary? The Story Of Seyi Of UBA by healthserve(m): 8:52am On Nov 02, 2019
DexterousOne:

It's very bad what bankers go through today

Sorry are you one?

Our fathers didn't use to have all these targets nonsense.my dad worked in the banking sector for thirty years before retirement and mum five years plus. My uncles and aunts worked in banking too. There's a huge gap in workers welfare today from what it used to be.

3 Likes

Re: Is 80k A Bad Salary? The Story Of Seyi Of UBA by healthserve(m): 8:53am On Nov 02, 2019
Omokiri1:

There are threads on this. I also recommend it as highly lucrative and a biz anyone can do and profit from
Re: Is 80k A Bad Salary? The Story Of Seyi Of UBA by seunoj: 8:53am On Nov 02, 2019
Harlem2:

Are you a bike rider undecided
I can still say OPay guys earn 3k but those baba on the street never....

Those Baba on the street pay 10k per week on hire purchase. Some make as much as 3k-5k per day (am being conservative) Am not asking you, I know cos I have bikes running. fueling n maintenance is their bill o.

Why do u think aboki dey troupe in to Lagos to ride bike

3 Likes

Re: Is 80k A Bad Salary? The Story Of Seyi Of UBA by OyiboOyibo(m): 8:55am On Nov 02, 2019
Harlem2:

But the uba worker live a better life than them. #1500 daily from how many bike?

under heat and sun and robbery.. the bank job is far better
Re: Is 80k A Bad Salary? The Story Of Seyi Of UBA by tonididdy(m): 8:57am On Nov 02, 2019
Texty:

Sure but when you'll be asking for increment it will be safer than the contract staff and also direct staffs gets more benefits
true sha
Re: Is 80k A Bad Salary? The Story Of Seyi Of UBA by jay7(m): 8:58am On Nov 02, 2019
DexterousOne:

There is dignity in Labour

A basic truth most Nigerians refuse to believe
There is dignity in labour but one thing with we Nigerians is we want everyone to see things our own way and one's the person deviate we start ranting, everyone cannot work in the bank, everyone cannot ride okada and everyone cannot work as a federal government or state government staff. Find what works for you and do it, my friend today is not a millionaire but he made his little thousand from Okada riding and after 3 years he only rides okada in the evening now because he will be on the farm supervising his workers in the morning. He is not there yet but he is getting closer and if he had looked down at riding Okada in 2016 he might still be job hunting today. Let people laugh at you but be dedicated and focused, pray and learn to keep some money aside for a better tomorrow, I am a farmer and a transporter so I know what am saying. Thanks

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is 80k A Bad Salary? The Story Of Seyi Of UBA by gerizzim: 8:58am On Nov 02, 2019
simple250:
I bought my 1st car with 60k salary ....some pple like to chop Turkey when them suppose they chop dry fish or bonger fish.

wc year be that sir? 1914 or 2019?
Re: Is 80k A Bad Salary? The Story Of Seyi Of UBA by Sagay212: 8:59am On Nov 02, 2019
No wonder some.believe having a big bakassi is better than having a masters degree.

These bank top management are very wicked and evil, infact most nigerians are evil like that. Once they are at the top and comfortable , they don't want to see people working beneath them do well. These useless banks remove all kinds of useless charges from people's accounts and declare huge profits every quarter yet won't pay staff well. Na the ogas go share the profit and buy useless luxury cars and go on vacation. Evil people everywhere

8 Likes

Re: Is 80k A Bad Salary? The Story Of Seyi Of UBA by ThisisIkemefuna(m): 9:00am On Nov 02, 2019
iammo:
am based in ibadan, you can send me a PM

Done. Although you'd have to respond to your email before I can have the ability to have a correspondence with you.

If WhatsApp is your thing, that would be great. 090__17--15--05__33
Re: Is 80k A Bad Salary? The Story Of Seyi Of UBA by gerizzim: 9:01am On Nov 02, 2019
Duggedised12:
lol ,i have been reading comments and just smiling ,you see for this internet wey we dey so ,everybody na big man grin.

I tell you grin. some pple sabi hype themselves enh
Re: Is 80k A Bad Salary? The Story Of Seyi Of UBA by Nicoddemus(m): 9:01am On Nov 02, 2019
healthserve:
Do people really earn these stipends

Shatap!!! Are you living in the moon

3 Likes

Re: Is 80k A Bad Salary? The Story Of Seyi Of UBA by healthserve(m): 9:02am On Nov 02, 2019
iammo:
a single bike 1500, or 11k per week ... i dont know if the bankers lives a better life my point is what they gross monthly, in fact if you can get your bike man to work for konga , or gig the bike earns 7k daily

best passive income ever is transport

In Lagos here, there are sources to make 8-10k per day life. I put a bus on the field weeks ago. Life I confirmed it.

1 Like

Re: Is 80k A Bad Salary? The Story Of Seyi Of UBA by healthserve(m): 9:02am On Nov 02, 2019
Nicoddemus:

Shatap!!! Are you living in the moon

K
Re: Is 80k A Bad Salary? The Story Of Seyi Of UBA by healthserve(m): 9:03am On Nov 02, 2019
jay7:

This is exactly what is happening in the transportation sector, people blow away money like mad, you see someone that made 6k profit spending like 5k on food and women just because he knows another money would enter tomorrow. Transportation is in phases, those conveying passengers and those conveying goods. E.t.c

You know what's up bro. The money there is madd wink
Re: Is 80k A Bad Salary? The Story Of Seyi Of UBA by Surulereman(m): 9:04am On Nov 02, 2019
iammo:
undecided

A bike man makes more, same as a taxi driver and a uber driver is thier oga patapata

Sure, but have you assessed the energy deployed and risks invloved in those endeavours? Opportunities abound to make more legitimate income but never for the lazy or unimaginative man.
Re: Is 80k A Bad Salary? The Story Of Seyi Of UBA by alexola20(m): 9:04am On Nov 02, 2019
Re: Is 80k A Bad Salary? The Story Of Seyi Of UBA by iammo(m): 9:05am On Nov 02, 2019
lol, Bus in lagos is sweet business, some drivers actually pay you the money upfront for your bus, especially the ones around ikotun - igando..

I was telling someone that the main reason Ambode got kicked out was him planing on phasing out busses with his own busses,

healthserve:

In Lagos here, there are sources to make 8-10k per day life. I put a bus on the field weeks ago. Life I confirmed it.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is 80k A Bad Salary? The Story Of Seyi Of UBA by Quorax: 9:05am On Nov 02, 2019
Omokiri1:

Where will you want this done?

Its time consuming and I have my own hustle that needs my attention.
Re: Is 80k A Bad Salary? The Story Of Seyi Of UBA by stanliwise(m): 9:07am On Nov 02, 2019
YurFatHer:
That's why most people resign being a contract staff and opening their own business. Imagine 80k, I go marry, pay house rent and bills, buy food stuffs and pay children school fees inside 80k. Being an entrepreneur rocks.
Enterprenurship has been over beaten, oga some entrepreneurs can't fund their house rent.
Don't be deceived, entrepreneurship isn't for everyone.

8 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Godwill Dike Accused Of Torturing His Staff, Sheidu Ozovehe (Photos) / How I Was Assaulted By My Lebanese Boss Yesterday Morning / Man Sacked By His Boss After He Refused To Sleep With His Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.