Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,868 members, 7,806,469 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:57 PM

Is 80k A Bad Salary? The Story Of Seyi Of UBA - Career (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Is 80k A Bad Salary? The Story Of Seyi Of UBA (53524 Views)

Pay Slip Of UBA Contract Staff Who Earns ₦‎45,000 Monthly / Is N400,000 A Bad Salary In Today's Nigeria? Is He Doing Something Wrong / From 35k To 180k Salary: The Story Of Joel Moses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is 80k A Bad Salary? The Story Of Seyi Of UBA by DaBogu: 9:31am On Nov 02, 2019
athorello:

Actually the bank is the best place to earn 80k.
I don't know of UBA but in some banks, contract staff get overtime, atm duties, and leave bonuses, etc.

Then add, illegits like pecks from customers and extra runs in some units, links with BDCs, yahoo boys, etc.

Also, the average pay to full time bankers is cool, add allowances and bonuses, profit sharing in some banks, a banker will do very well, easily venture into business or relocate to Canada through dedicated savings.
There's always mass exodus in banking that's one main reason they're always recruiting.
UBA, FCMB and First bank gets ATM duties
Re: Is 80k A Bad Salary? The Story Of Seyi Of UBA by Nobody: 9:32am On Nov 02, 2019
As a former Banker, I know this is the true situation in all banks. It always grieved me then to see lives and talents being wasted because these financial institutions are taking their employees for granted, cheating and maltreating them, because of the deplorable employment conditions in the country.
Re: Is 80k A Bad Salary? The Story Of Seyi Of UBA by stanliwise(m): 9:32am On Nov 02, 2019
AlphaStyles:
you can and it depends on the kind of lifestyle

It depends on your mindset not everybody is opportuned to earn double figures so the one available is manageable

Even outside NIGERIA people earn so little yet u see them living a happy life
Bro leave matter for matiyas.

The simple question is.
If Nigeria was a working country would 80k be a good pay for a Bachelor degree holder who is a family man with kids?

I know people earn such amount and claim they live happy but I want you to ask them what happened to their future plans. Bro we are suffering in this Country.

1 Like

Re: Is 80k A Bad Salary? The Story Of Seyi Of UBA by Bamibor: 9:34am On Nov 02, 2019
smasher1:

Well, I am not aware because the situation I see especially in this big banks is scary. The only permanent staff they seem to employ now is OND holders with low pay.

The big banks you referenced actually do employ permanent staff on a yearly basis; entry level. That's not to say contract staffing is in decline though. For most banks, contract staffing is a cost cutting strategy as operating expenses (most of which are salaries and administrative expenses) take up a huge chunk of the total cost base. I think the push should be for more banks to embrace the culture of converting as many of the contract staff as possible to core, over time. Some banks I know already do so.
Re: Is 80k A Bad Salary? The Story Of Seyi Of UBA by AlphaStyles(m): 9:36am On Nov 02, 2019
stanliwise:
Stop taking this personal, lets be factually, what kind of life would you live with 80k?

I don't mean someone without job shouldn't accept the offer but the moment we think the salary is good enough is the moment self worth has become defeated. Nigeria workers are suffering. Cheap labour everywhere.

Bro no matter the kinda job you're doing, please know your worth.
will know ur worth put food on the table?

People earn 80k per month but u see them living happy lives even when they don't have enough

All na mindset some people earn 200k per month but can save up to 20k or even 10k per month

Go to other countries and see how some of them earn low wages but their family lives are still ok

It depends on the economy as the economy grows so should salary grow to meet up with the prices in the market the reason why people complain is because things are getting expensive and salary isn't increasing

It also depends on the state u living in some states standard of living are cheap while some are expensive E.G Lagos and Abuja these states standard of living is enough to make u broke

1 Like

Re: Is 80k A Bad Salary? The Story Of Seyi Of UBA by Back2Daura(m): 9:36am On Nov 02, 2019
I worked as a contract staff for 6 years was paid 70k saved some money through other streams of income and now I am an employer of labour
Re: Is 80k A Bad Salary? The Story Of Seyi Of UBA by DaBogu: 9:37am On Nov 02, 2019
Primusinterpares:

Oga I own a bike and my driver balances me 10k every week...bike's on HP...
if aboki carry you sometimes and they mistakenly bring all the money in their pocket in a bid to look for change you go open mouth o. forget say dem Dorty o... There is clean money on the Street.
Main while tomorrow is Sunday I await my osusu from my driver...
#dont say what you don't know man
How much do you but the bike? Are you in Lagos?
Re: Is 80k A Bad Salary? The Story Of Seyi Of UBA by Youngjohnosas: 9:38am On Nov 02, 2019
80k is kinda OK, considering the fact that there are few job opportunities in circulation. I am into house designs and sometimes I make more than 50k in a week and the following week I stay at home all through.the income isn't really stable and so savings difficult.

I just completed my youth service and a close friend of mine that we used to live together just relocated to lag and got a job of 35k but most times he dresses corporately and uploads on facebook,everybody around thinks he is working in a very big firm and earning much not knowing that most times, I earn three times his salary in a month, they even tell him to connect me since we are friends.

i know the work experience is something he needs at this stage to enable get a better job in the future and I am even planning of going to join him soon. m just confused cos right now I can take care of myself comfortably.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is 80k A Bad Salary? The Story Of Seyi Of UBA by AlphaStyles(m): 9:39am On Nov 02, 2019
stanliwise:
Bro leave matter for matiyas.

The simple question is.
If Nigeria was a working country would 80k be a good pay for a Bachelor degree holder who is a family man with kids?

I know people earn such amount and claim they live happy but I want you to ask them what happened to their future plans. Bro we are suffering in this Country.
even working countries still have their own people suffering u are saying NIGERIA is suffering have u been to Venezuela? Their living conditions is even worse than NIGERIA because of inflation

Be thankful u see a little to survive

Unless u want to die then reject 80k when u see it

6 Likes

Re: Is 80k A Bad Salary? The Story Of Seyi Of UBA by LordShiva97(m): 9:39am On Nov 02, 2019
Javalist:
To be honest with you, my telecom data reselling business has been earning me well over 80k every month since 2014 from the comfort of my home and just a smartphone.

Get each MTN 1gb for N500 only, lasts for 37 days. Call/Whatsapp: 08133903178

Can you elucidate how this data reselling works please. If you don't mind sir.

1 Like

Re: Is 80k A Bad Salary? The Story Of Seyi Of UBA by rahztafari(m): 9:40am On Nov 02, 2019
AlphaStyles:
then by your logic the whole poor masses should not depend on 80k they should all become rich after all what stops the whole 180m plus population from earning 200k per month

Lol @your question

See, there is opportunity everywhere for everyone. It is not my fault if you are limited by your mindset. I am not rich but with time and improvement, I will try to be or die trying.

In reality, not everyone will be rich but if the privilege ones like the so-called first class graduate do better than 80k salary, Nigeria won't have this high rate of poverty.

Honestly, am not saying that a graduate should not start somewhere but why would he remain in the same position without growing??

That's my point!!

I started with 25k bro. I no be rich guy. No story!!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is 80k A Bad Salary? The Story Of Seyi Of UBA by eroticboy: 9:41am On Nov 02, 2019
sodiqapril:
Withttl the current unemployment rate and economic hardship this country is facing. Anyone who claims an 80k salary is too small should quit and create his own job. If you know the ridiculous work people do to get just ₦30k, you will thank your stars if you are paid N80k and to think that the idiot insulting the guy might be living on another guys salary sickens me

wtf are u saying.......
if you fail at the ability to make money and say you are a first class you are a failure. This applies to anyone who knows the importance money is to building a great life.

if you are a failure or money means nothing to you please kindly ignore my comment. it does not apply to you.
smh
Re: Is 80k A Bad Salary? The Story Of Seyi Of UBA by AlphaStyles(m): 9:43am On Nov 02, 2019
rahztafari:

Lol @your question

See, there is opportunity everywhere for everyone. It is not my fault if you are limited by your mindset. I am not rich but with time and improvement, I will try to be or die trying.

In reality, not everyone will be rich but if the privilege ones like the so-called first class graduate do better than 80k salary, Nigeria won't have this high rate of poverty.

Honestly, am not saying that a graduate should not start somewhere but why would he remain in the same position without growing??

That's my point!!

I started with 25k bro. I no be rich guy. No story!!!
it's not having limited mindset it about facing reality u might first class doesn't mean u will be dangote one day

When u have a plan u will succeed
Money is money manage what u can get instead of waiting for payday from heaven

2 Likes

Re: Is 80k A Bad Salary? The Story Of Seyi Of UBA by Nobody: 9:44am On Nov 02, 2019
grossintel:
Because his uncle is now the manager abi? While still in school a lot of my uncles where promising me they will help me get work in fact I had nothing to worry about. As soon as it was time they all disappeared.

And You think your pass is the same as a first class?
I have to assume you are pass /let my people go student because of your level of reasoning

Anyone with a 1st will get invited to all the tests. It is now a question of recruitment period
Re: Is 80k A Bad Salary? The Story Of Seyi Of UBA by Balladinplus: 9:44am On Nov 02, 2019
DaddyMorenike:
to say this to we what.
I REALLY HAD A GOOD LAUGH...
Re: Is 80k A Bad Salary? The Story Of Seyi Of UBA by stanliwise(m): 9:44am On Nov 02, 2019
AlphaStyles:
will know ur worth put food on the table?

People earn 80k per month but u see them living happy lives even when they don't have enough

All na mindset some people earn 200k per month but can save up to 20k or even 10k per month

]b]Go to other countries and see how some of them earn low wages but their family lives are still ok [/b]

It depends on the economy as the economy grows so should salary grow to meet up with the prices in the market the reason why people complain is because things are getting expensive and salary isn't increasing

It also depends on the state u living in some states standard of living are cheap while some are expensive E.G Lagos and Abuja these states standard of living is enough to make u broke
Bro please can you mention this countries?

Stop the mediocrity mindset.
Stop educating me like I am not living in Nigeria.
My Dad work his life out and his biggest earning before retirement was about 70k.

He trained all of us with the support of my mum. But one thing he always say was that he didn't pursue many of his dream because of manage manage. He even tried many businesses and from their bought his land and house but he advised us to never settle with low budget job for a long.
He advise us to get require skill and cert so that we wouldn't be stuck with low budget job.

Bro, underpay kills dreams and elongate future plan, you are always in desperation and fear. I don't know if you understand me. As for me If I am doing an 80k job, I must try all my best to improve myself and make sure I don't remain there for more than 2 years.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is 80k A Bad Salary? The Story Of Seyi Of UBA by LordShiva97(m): 9:45am On Nov 02, 2019
Quorax:

If you are a graduate, spend 1 year learning how to sell using he internet. Start selling products online and watch how you make even 500k profit in one month if the competition is low and product is in high demand.

Can you explain how this works please, am interested.
Re: Is 80k A Bad Salary? The Story Of Seyi Of UBA by stanliwise(m): 9:49am On Nov 02, 2019
AlphaStyles:
even working countries still have their own people suffering u are saying NIGERIA is suffering have u been to Venezuela? Their living conditions is even worse than NIGERIA because of inflation

Be thankful u see a little to survive

Unless u want to die then reject 80k when u see it
I would accept such job and would be thankful but that's only for a max of a year or too. Low budget job kills future plans. it elongate yout life progress.

please don't compare us to Venezuela, you didn't see USA, canada, UK. please stop this mediocrity mindset of yours.

Nigeria was a very working country until bad leadership destroyed it and since then everyone has developed Stockholm syndrome towards their employers and suffer all the days of their life because there is no job.

1 Like

Re: Is 80k A Bad Salary? The Story Of Seyi Of UBA by luvola(m): 9:51am On Nov 02, 2019
iammo:
the thread is about monthly take home and not work safety

Please private chat me . Inbox me your whatapp nos sir
Re: Is 80k A Bad Salary? The Story Of Seyi Of UBA by AlphaStyles(m): 9:51am On Nov 02, 2019
stanliwise:

Bro please can you mention this countries?

Stop the mediocrity mindset.
Stop educating me like I am not living in Nigeria.
My Dad work his life out and his biggest earning before retirement was about 70k.

He trained all of us with the support of my mum. But one thing he always say was that he didn't pursue many of his dream because of manage manage. He even tried many businesses and from their bought his land and house but he advised us to never settle with low budget job for a long.
He advise us to get require skill and cert so that we wouldn't be stuck with low budget job.

Bro, underpay kills dreams and elongate future plan, you are always in desperation and fear. I don't know if you understand me. As for me If I am doing an 80k job, I must try all my best to improve myself and make sure I don't remain there for more than 2 years.
my Dad also earns 80k per month yet he gave me an advice to manage what I can find and to take it slow slow and which parent won't pray for their children to improve ? Some parents as long as their children are happy with a job even if it doesn't pay that much they are also happy

And in terms of countries go to the United States
Go to India
Go to other Western countries and u find people relocating to one state by state to meet up with what they have in their pocket

Go to West and u find them living lives that Africans find to diminishing for them

2 Likes

Re: Is 80k A Bad Salary? The Story Of Seyi Of UBA by oladosuphemmy: 9:52am On Nov 02, 2019
Some posts I read here are extremely funny. Some people lack real understanding of how labour works in Naija. Everybody wishes to live a great live but sadly not everyone will. That's a fact.

After NYSC, I got a teaching job. Before the interview I expected the salary to be withing the range of 40k to 60k. Because the school is a big school with a lot of students that pay nothing less than 40k has school fee.

To my surprise I was told that my salary wil be 20k with no guarantee of increase. And I will be in charge of 3 subjects biology chemistry physics and sometimes agric.

While on the job I can say the job is 4 times more stressful than working in a bank. Go from class to class. Resumption time is 7am if you are late a minute you will be charged 5 percent of your salary. You are expected to always dress cooperate. You can't leave the school premises btw 7:30am to 6: 30pm.

To think of it I was one of the highest paid in the school because of my Bsc degree others earn 15k. There's a woman that teaches about 4 subject too that has been working there for the past 4 years. Her salary was recently increased with 1k.

The student on there own part to will almost frustrate your life tooo. They will make jest of you if your dressing is not tushetc. And some of them are really hard to teach.

In that school, THERE'S IS ALWAYS A PRE RESUMPTION MEETING A FRIDAY B4 RESUMPTION. DURING THIS MEETING THINGS THAT NEEDS TO BE DONE TO IMPROVE THE SCHOOL WILL BE DISCUSSED. AND TEACHERS ARE EXTECTED TO CLEAN UP THE CLASSROOM AND TOILETS SO THAT STUDENTS CAN RESUME IN A NEAT SCHOOL. I found this very disgraceful, embarrassing on the clouts of the teachers. You had no choice it's a must. I didn't do it and I was given a query to that. effect. after exactly a year of working in the school I left in search of a better opportunity. Though, things were extremely tough during the period of the search because I had no source of incomethen. but eventually....

Lots of stories like that... if marketers tell you what they face too whilst collecting peanut of 40k. you will be grateful if you get a job in a bank and you earn 80k monthly

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is 80k A Bad Salary? The Story Of Seyi Of UBA by AlphaStyles(m): 9:53am On Nov 02, 2019
stanliwise:
I would accept such job and would be thankful but that's only for a max of a year or too. Low budget job kills future plans. it elongate yout life progress.

please don't compare us to Venezuela, you didn't see USA, canada, UK. please stop this mediocrity mindset of yours.

Nigeria was a very working country until bad leadership destroyed it and since then everyone has developed Stockholm syndrome towards their employers and suffer all the days of their life because there is no job.
why shouldn't I compare us with Venezuela? Ain't they poor too? U are talking about Stockholm syndrome so u mean those who are living in a average means in other countries also have Stockholm Syndrome?
Re: Is 80k A Bad Salary? The Story Of Seyi Of UBA by springtech(m): 9:53am On Nov 02, 2019
healthserve:

Its working smart not hard. I don't work too hard physically and there are times ive cashed in 500k monthly from home. Mind you I was still learning then o wink
It’s nice hearing this. It’s an encouragement to many out there.
It shows anything is possible.

Do you mind sharing with us the line of business or what you do to earn this much from home.

Hoping to read your response soonest.

3 Likes

Re: Is 80k A Bad Salary? The Story Of Seyi Of UBA by iammo(m): 9:54am On Nov 02, 2019
Ok PM me..

luvola:
Please private chat me . Inbox me your whatapp nos sir
Re: Is 80k A Bad Salary? The Story Of Seyi Of UBA by eagleeye2: 9:55am On Nov 02, 2019
psyqs:

No mind this one, let's say the bike man makes 5k.
1500 for the owner. Another 1500 for fuel. His net is 2k. He will eat and there is maintenance like you said.
What the guy is saying is true. I have a Keke on higher purchase, and apart from the first week the rider started.he has not defaulted. 6 months now and not even one weekly default.
What is uppermost in his mind is how to pay off and own the Keke.

1 Like

Re: Is 80k A Bad Salary? The Story Of Seyi Of UBA by healthserve(m): 9:56am On Nov 02, 2019
springtech:

It’s nice hearing this. It’s an encouragement to many out there.
It shows anything is possible.

Do you mind sharing with us the line of business or what you do to earn this much from home.

Hoping to read your response soonest.

I had a cloud based content writing ten worked on freelancing sites. I was raking 250-400k monthly from this till jobs dried up. I moved to setting up graphics cloud based team sources jobs then handed it out. Today, logistics, sourcing and distribution is where the gold is. I just started the eestablishment of my food production factory this month wink

1 Like

Re: Is 80k A Bad Salary? The Story Of Seyi Of UBA by LordShiva97(m): 9:56am On Nov 02, 2019
healthserve:

Its working smart not hard. I don't work too hard physically and there are times ive cashed in 500k monthly from home. Mind you I was still learning then o wink

Share your secret with us abeg bro.
Re: Is 80k A Bad Salary? The Story Of Seyi Of UBA by healthserve(m): 9:57am On Nov 02, 2019
LordShiva97:

Share your secret with us abeg bro.

Its simple. I realised working alone won't make me rich. So I get work and then give to people to do them. I increase the works I get and people to do them. I make 20% per job I get plenty the profit multiples. Why do you think the agbero oga sit and never really do any work wink

I changed my idea of work along time ago. I let money work aka investments. I settle for kick backs. I tell myself even if I make 50naira profit from any work, to make much, I multiply the number of 50 naira I can make. I do all business not matterbhoe dirty or low it may look as long as its legal.

2 Likes

Re: Is 80k A Bad Salary? The Story Of Seyi Of UBA by stanliwise(m): 9:58am On Nov 02, 2019
AlphaStyles:
my Dad also earns 80k per month yet he gave me an advice to manage what I can find and to take it slow slow and which parent won't pray for their children to improve ? Some parents as long as their children are happy with a job even if it doesn't pay that much they are also happy

And in terms of countries go to the United States
Go to India
Go to other Western countries and u find people relocating to one state by state to meet up with what they have in their pocket

Go to West and u find them living lives that Africans find to diminishing for them

Nigeria is a rich country oooooooooooooo

it has the power of becoming a top country in the world, please don't reduce our worth with your mindset.

A prisoner in UK and US earn more than us here, so don't even compare their working class with us. it isn't possible.

Alaye jor jor jor
Nigeria Capitalist has brainwashed us, I can't blame you, you find comfort in yout fotress.

ride on.
Re: Is 80k A Bad Salary? The Story Of Seyi Of UBA by millionboi2: 9:58am On Nov 02, 2019
iammo:
i do buy bikes for people on hire purchase and i earn 1500 daily on just one bike sleeping in my house, what the bikers make and what i make , i bet you the UBA banker dont make such

only mumu and lazy ppl compare street hustle to office pay

1 Like

Re: Is 80k A Bad Salary? The Story Of Seyi Of UBA by Nobody: 10:00am On Nov 02, 2019
jay7:

Yes the bike man will be face with cold truly but if he plan well and all things been equal in 3-4 years he may choose to drop Okada and venture into something else from his little savings, I can tell you that if you are the owner of your bike and you know what you are doing, you can be saving 800-1000 everyday, monday to Saturday then you rest on Sunday and you will still feed your family, pay rent and pay your children school fee. 1000 every Monday to Saturday is 6,000 and for four weeks is 24,000 let's say you can maintain that standard for a year you would have upto 200,000 and let's say challenges came up you will still have half of that money somewhere. The mistake we make mostly we youths is that we want to start today and make it big today that's why people over worked themselves. Life is not a competition, do not compete with anyone, plan your life, pray, be dedicated and don't ever compare your life with anyone. And for you saying a bike man or cab man don't earn much, please don't argue what you don't know, a man collecting 80,000 after transportation and feeding and savings for rent might be left with 30,000 savings and a bike man or cab man would do all the above and still has a savings more tham that monthly, for you saying there is know dignity in driving okada or cab, if there are know riders and cab driver how would you get to your destination if you don't have your private car? Everyone out there huzzling is rendering one important service to the community, from a gateman to a biker, to a cab man, policemen, bankers, people running canteen and restaurants e.t.c let's learn to appreciate ourselves. Thanks
Nice piece bro!
I'd prefer every learned person mostly youths should get ourselves Functional knowledge & relevance. Okada is not the best for us. Okada riding as business should be meant for some less privileged people in terms of education and exposure and those that find themselves in that kind of situation(not making jest of them)should do all their possible best to get their children functional knowledge that would make them not end their lives or make decisions to do okada riding in their life.. Health is wealth bro!
Re: Is 80k A Bad Salary? The Story Of Seyi Of UBA by Gerrard59(m): 10:01am On Nov 02, 2019
Reading through this thread tells me that the situation in Nigeria is horrible oh. cry

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Godwill Dike Accused Of Torturing His Staff, Sheidu Ozovehe (Photos) / How I Was Assaulted By My Lebanese Boss Yesterday Morning / Man Sacked By His Boss After He Refused To Sleep With His Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.