Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,048 members, 7,807,151 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:21 AM

Is 80k A Bad Salary? The Story Of Seyi Of UBA - Career (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Is 80k A Bad Salary? The Story Of Seyi Of UBA (53529 Views)

Pay Slip Of UBA Contract Staff Who Earns ₦‎45,000 Monthly / Is N400,000 A Bad Salary In Today's Nigeria? Is He Doing Something Wrong / From 35k To 180k Salary: The Story Of Joel Moses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is 80k A Bad Salary? The Story Of Seyi Of UBA by stanliwise(m): 10:03am On Nov 02, 2019
LordShiva97:

Share your secret with us abeg bro.
Stay there and be looking for secret, there are no secrets, we have many rich people here in Nigeria, many are oppressor of their employees and many are just plain fraudulent.

He says he cash out #500k monthly without working physically, oga he is looking for someone to scam or he is into yahoo yahoo business or he could be an arm robber or a kidnapper.

Thread carefully.

1 Like

Re: Is 80k A Bad Salary? The Story Of Seyi Of UBA by millionboi2: 10:04am On Nov 02, 2019
AlphaStyles:
U people be complaining about 80k been too small what should military personnel's now say about their own? For me as a single man 80k is enough for me till I upgrade it's not by force to marry early and spend anyhow

I have my own different life to live

Peer and social pressures can make u feel depressed because they will make u feel like ur 80k is peanut money

My brother if 80k will make u happy then don't let anybody pressure rise u to do anything including finding a job that will cause highblood pressure for u
God bless u

1 Like

Re: Is 80k A Bad Salary? The Story Of Seyi Of UBA by millionboi2: 10:05am On Nov 02, 2019
Depressed101:
working in q bank in Nigeria is safer than running okada. And also more dignity
mumu

So u carry ur stupidity come online.

I give up4u

Re: Is 80k A Bad Salary? The Story Of Seyi Of UBA by eagleeye2: 10:08am On Nov 02, 2019
iammo:
if he owns the bike his net take home is anywhere between 3500 to 4k after removing ticket(union and LGA) expenses, fueling(1500) and small expenses like oil and tire and vulcanizers... however if he doesnt own the bike and he still pays installments to the real owners then his take home is within 2500 to 3000...

and bikers have three peaks in a day they make the most money, thats morning rush, afternoon work close and night, each peak can get you nothing lesss than 2000

Stop explaining to people who are not in the business and don't want to even know about it. They are cynics. I have a Keke on higher purchase and understand what you are saying perfectly.
My rider is even a family man.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is 80k A Bad Salary? The Story Of Seyi Of UBA by stanliwise(m): 10:09am On Nov 02, 2019
AlphaStyles:
why shouldn't I compare us with Venezuela? Ain't they poor too? U are talking about Stockholm syndrome so u mean those who are living in a average means in other countries also have Stockholm Syndrome?
Read Karl Marx theory of capitalism to understand what I am saying.

I wish you safety in your journey of being thankful to your 80k employers, I perceive you don't even have a degree sef so you nor know how 80k be for a graduate man with future dreams.

or maybe you're one guy staying with his uncle, aunt or even parent and you feel 80k is good enough.

if you like don't plan hard to develop yourself quit an 80k job and let's see how far you will get in life.

have a Good day.
Re: Is 80k A Bad Salary? The Story Of Seyi Of UBA by iammo(m): 10:11am On Nov 02, 2019
you really understand the business, i also only give out to a family man with kids, and my form was drafted by my lawyer friend and i hold on to my particulars

I just laugh when this people think riders are paupers

eagleeye2:

Stop explaining to people who are not in the business and don't want to even know about it. They are cynics. I have a Keke on higher purchase and understand what you are saying perfectly.
My rider is even a family man.
Re: Is 80k A Bad Salary? The Story Of Seyi Of UBA by LordShiva97(m): 10:12am On Nov 02, 2019
stanliwise:
Stay there and be looking for secret, there are no secrets, we have many rich people here in Nigeria, many are oppressor of their employees and many are just plain fraudulent.

He says he cash out #500k daily without working physically, oga he is looking for someone to scam or he is in yahoo yahoo business or he could be an arm robber or a kidnapper.

Thread carefully.

That he doesn't do any physical work doesn't mean he's fraudulent. Many people are earning big by just sitting in front of a screen and I mean legitimate stuff.
I'm threading carefully. Thanks for the advice though.
Re: Is 80k A Bad Salary? The Story Of Seyi Of UBA by AlphaStyles(m): 10:12am On Nov 02, 2019
stanliwise:
Nigeria is a rich country oooooooooooooo

it has the power of becoming a top country in the world, please don't reduce our worth with your mindset.

A prisoner in UK and US earn more than us here, so don't even compare their working class with us. it isn't possible.

Alaye jor jor jor
Nigeria Capitalist has brainwashed us, I can't blame you, you find comfort in yout fotress.

ride on.
NIGERIA is a rich country yes even other countries are rich than us but still are poor

U talking about a prisoner earning more

Do u know the amount of bills he pays and how much is left for him to use after settling all those bills?

Dude u can't change life some people will be poor some will be rich

It's not everybody that will earn double figures no matter how hard u try

It's not mindset it's reality

2 Likes

Re: Is 80k A Bad Salary? The Story Of Seyi Of UBA by AlphaStyles(m): 10:13am On Nov 02, 2019
stanliwise:
Read Karl Marx theory of capitalism to understand what I am saying.

I wish you safety in your journey of being thankful to your 80k employers, I perceive you don't even have a degree sef so you nor know how 80k be for a graduate man with future dreams.

or maybe you're one guy staying with his uncle, aunt or even parent and you feel 80k is good enough.

if you like don't plan hard to develop yourself quit an 80k job and let's see how far you will get in life.

have a Good day.
belike this one never know the meaning of reality

1 Like

Re: Is 80k A Bad Salary? The Story Of Seyi Of UBA by stanliwise(m): 10:14am On Nov 02, 2019
AlphaStyles:
NIGERIA is a rich country yes even other countries are rich than us but still are poor

U talking about a prisoner earning more

Do u know the amount of bills he pays and how much is left for him to use after settling all those bills?

Dude u can't change life some people will be poor some will be rich

It's not everybody that will earn double figures no matter how hard u try

It's not mindset it's reality
Tell this story to thr United Arab Emirates that a poor man in that country would buy 6 houses and big cars. I don't blame you.
Re: Is 80k A Bad Salary? The Story Of Seyi Of UBA by SIRTee15: 10:15am On Nov 02, 2019
ornicus:

i remember reading that jason njoku ran a great company until he realized that this is nigeria and you can treat workers like shit and all that business school worker positive motivation went out the window

some people cheer when nigerians buy over companies. i shiver. because almost everything that made those companies good will disappear. the owners of the company will get stupendously rich, but the company itself will b a shadow of what it was.

Shell top management staffs are now Nigerians.....
And the organisation is still very good....
I think it's a factor of market target...
Njoku works in a competitive n volatile market.....
That may have influenced his business decision and attitudes towards his staffs....
Re: Is 80k A Bad Salary? The Story Of Seyi Of UBA by stanliwise(m): 10:16am On Nov 02, 2019
AlphaStyles:
belike this one never know the meaning of reality
I am a working graduate. This is my advice to all low earners. Plan to leave your low budget job. it kills future plans.

If you like don't understand.

1 Like

Re: Is 80k A Bad Salary? The Story Of Seyi Of UBA by AlphaStyles(m): 10:17am On Nov 02, 2019
stanliwise:
Tell this story to thr United Arab Emirates that a poor man in that country would buy 6 houses and big cars. I don't blame you.
don't the UAE also have people living on minimum wages? Do u think that because u see UAE flashing anyhow now means everybody over there is living a rich life? Dem tell u say everybody was born to live UAE lifestyle i no blame na because u never travel go outside go see reality na em make

1 Like

Re: Is 80k A Bad Salary? The Story Of Seyi Of UBA by eagleeye2: 10:17am On Nov 02, 2019
iammo:
you really understand the business, i also only give out to a family man with kids, and my form was drafted by my lawyer friend and i hold on to my particulars

I just laugh when this people think riders are paupers

When a rider knows he is going to own the bike or Keke or car, he works extra hard to meet up with the weekly delivery.
Transport business is cool if you know how to safeguard your investment.
Re: Is 80k A Bad Salary? The Story Of Seyi Of UBA by AlphaStyles(m): 10:18am On Nov 02, 2019
stanliwise:
I am a working graduate. This is my advice to all low earners. Plan to leave your low budget job. it kills future plans.

If you like don't understand.
and live it for other low earners who should also leave it for other low earners who should also leave it blah blah blah

Then get ready for unemployment status to rise even further
Re: Is 80k A Bad Salary? The Story Of Seyi Of UBA by stanliwise(m): 10:23am On Nov 02, 2019
AlphaStyles:
and live it for other low earners who should also leave it for other low earners who should also leave it blah blah blah

Then get ready for unemployment status to rise even further
plan to leave..... read properly. I didn't say they should leave all at once. have a good day.
Re: Is 80k A Bad Salary? The Story Of Seyi Of UBA by simple250: 10:24am On Nov 02, 2019
gerizzim:

wc year be that sir? 1914 or 2019?

2015 to 2017 .....I still they drive the car self cheesy come mk I drop u cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Is 80k A Bad Salary? The Story Of Seyi Of UBA by DexterousOne(m): 10:24am On Nov 02, 2019
Gerrard59:
Reading through this thread tells me that the situation in Nigeria is horrible oh. cry

Very very bad
Re: Is 80k A Bad Salary? The Story Of Seyi Of UBA by springtech(m): 10:25am On Nov 02, 2019
healthserve:

I had a cloud based content writing ten worked on freelancing sites. I was raking 250-400k monthly from this till jobs dried up. I moved to setting up graphics cloud based team sources jobs then handed it out. Today, logistics, sourcing and distribution is where the gold is. I just started the eestablishment of my food production factory this month wink

Wow, this is lovely. More grace bro.
It can only get better.
Re: Is 80k A Bad Salary? The Story Of Seyi Of UBA by AlphaStyles(m): 10:25am On Nov 02, 2019
LordShiva97:

Can you elucidate how this data reselling works please. If you don't mind sir.
abeg how do u do it
Re: Is 80k A Bad Salary? The Story Of Seyi Of UBA by healthserve(m): 10:26am On Nov 02, 2019
springtech:

Wow, this is lovely. More grace bro.
It can only get better.

wink
Re: Is 80k A Bad Salary? The Story Of Seyi Of UBA by AlphaStyles(m): 10:26am On Nov 02, 2019
stanliwise:
plan to leave..... read properly. I didn't say they should leave all at once. have a good day.
plan to leave when the better life is available
Re: Is 80k A Bad Salary? The Story Of Seyi Of UBA by bush112(m): 10:27am On Nov 02, 2019
grin grin grin
DaddyMorenike:
to say this to we what.
Re: Is 80k A Bad Salary? The Story Of Seyi Of UBA by stanliwise(m): 10:28am On Nov 02, 2019
AlphaStyles:
don't the UAE also have people living on minimum wages? Do u think that because u see UAE flashing anyhow now means everybody over there is living a rich life? Dem tell u say everybody was born to live UAE lifestyle i no blame na because u never travel go outside go see reality na em make
You have comprehension problem, I said the poor ones are rich when compared to us.

Singapore have just 14% of poor people.

China has reduced poverty to a minimum.

USA has about 3% unemployed youth.

See bro, You thinking will cause too many foottraps for you oneday.
You're worth more than an 80k job. incase you're in such level, please don't see any achievement in it. Have a plan to develop yourself and quit to a better place.

Except you're not vibing with me. I am not talking of desperation here, I am only saying don't settle for less for too long.

80k for a Bsc is a stepping stone not a job.

2 Likes

Re: Is 80k A Bad Salary? The Story Of Seyi Of UBA by engrfaruq(m): 10:31am On Nov 02, 2019
I chop bank loan and with the deductions my take home pay has been reduced to 230k a month and I'm struggling to survive... Can't imagine what I would buy with 80k a whole month.
Re: Is 80k A Bad Salary? The Story Of Seyi Of UBA by toskilo: 10:34am On Nov 02, 2019
Start a side hustle you can combine with your job today.

Residual income is important for every body.

You need to create a future you will enjoy.

Join my team and you will be glad you did.

Click the link below to get started. Thank you.

https:///LZQaQ0VVPWK2fpv4aeumHP
Re: Is 80k A Bad Salary? The Story Of Seyi Of UBA by ayanbaba2(m): 10:35am On Nov 02, 2019
simple250:
I bought my 1st car with 60k salary ....some pple like to chop Turkey when them suppose they chop dry fish or bonger fish.

my nigga

Re: Is 80k A Bad Salary? The Story Of Seyi Of UBA by AlphaStyles(m): 10:36am On Nov 02, 2019
stanliwise:
You have comprehension problem, I said the poor ones are rich when compared to us.

Singapore have just 14% of poor people.

China has reduced poverty to a minimum.

USA has about 3% unemployed youth.

See bro, You thinking will cause too many foottraps for you oneday.
You're worth more than an 80k job. incase you're in such level, please don't see any achievement in it. Have a plan to develop yourself and quit to a better place.

Except you're not vibing with me. I am not talking of desperation here, I am only saying don't settle for less for too long.

80k for a Bsc is a stepping stone not a job.
all this country still has people living withing their means all of them having low unemployment status doesn't mean that they don't have low salary earners Even the USA that post low unemployment status people still have low salaries low employment doesn't mean ur salary will be increased even in China they are reducing unemployment to make sure everybody has a job even when it pays low most of them work over time and still earn less most of them work like animals even more than most NIGERIANs and earn less

As a graduate if u see 80k job don't collect if people have this mind set of yours i don't think there would be productivity at all in this country

Everybody should just fold hands and say my certificate doesn't permit me to collect 80k

1 Like

Re: Is 80k A Bad Salary? The Story Of Seyi Of UBA by IamRx: 10:39am On Nov 02, 2019
If only you guys know what these outsourced bankers go through/face for the 80k salary.

Some say you are guaranteed steady income, truth is your salary is never guaranteed until u receive that alert, cos today might as well be your last day at the office.

You just get yanked off the system without prior knowledge. You will be there thinking your password has issues not knowing you have been deleted.

I pity the marketers the most cos all the so called accounts you lied, cheated, fornicated to open gets retagged to another marketer in matter of weeks
Re: Is 80k A Bad Salary? The Story Of Seyi Of UBA by sonature1: 10:41am On Nov 02, 2019
Oiza131:
I graduated 2017.my highest paid job after nysc is 33,000. Presently I earn lower than that sef. I'm not happy about it but my dear its better than being idle. Focusing on meeting the right persons and good channels... Earning 80k now, my unemployed brother will so jump at it.
The hustle is real

One thing is certain: Life na stage.

Continue to go for training you can afford, especially IT training.

One thing is certain, it must pay someday.

When I left school, I started with a job of 40k. Today, my earning has ramped up significantly.

There are opportunities on Nairaland...always visit the vacancy and business sections. While at it, just be careful.

Wish you the best

5 Likes

Re: Is 80k A Bad Salary? The Story Of Seyi Of UBA by ClitRaider: 10:46am On Nov 02, 2019
iammo:
a single bike 1500, or 11k per week ... i dont know if the bankers lives a better life my point is what they gross monthly, in fact if you can get your bike man to work for konga , or gig the bike earns 7k daily

best passive income ever is transport

I'ma a salary earner too but this passive income thing get me.
I fit invest for bikes?
pls put me through abeg.
Re: Is 80k A Bad Salary? The Story Of Seyi Of UBA by stanliwise(m): 10:47am On Nov 02, 2019
AlphaStyles:
all this country still has people living withing their means all of them having low unemployment status doesn't mean that they don't have low salary earners Even the USA that post low unemployment status people still have low salaries low employment doesn't mean ur salary will be increased even in China they are reducing unemployment to make sure everybody has a job even when it pays low most of them work over time and still earn less most of them work like animals even more than most NIGERIANs and earn less

As a graduate if u see 80k job don't collect if people have this mind set of yours i don't think there would be productivity at all in this country

Everybody should just fold hands and say my certificate doesn't permit me to collect 80k
Three things you have misquoted since our arguments.

1. You're saying that I mean poor people are not in other country.

I have never said so, and I only said they were living above the average man here. and I was specific with the countries I mentione which were USA, Canda, China, Uk etc I mentioned them because I don't see them any better than Nigeria.

2. You're saying I said Bsc owners shouldn't accept 80k job
I have never said so, I only advice them not to see it as a job but see it as a stepping stone meaning they should find a plan to help them leave the job as early as possible.

3. you think I am saying those already in the job should quit immediately
I never said so, I only advice them to start making plans to improve themselves and then quit.

Stop misquoting me to make a point

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Godwill Dike Accused Of Torturing His Staff, Sheidu Ozovehe (Photos) / How I Was Assaulted By My Lebanese Boss Yesterday Morning / Man Sacked By His Boss After He Refused To Sleep With His Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.