Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,561 members, 7,809,045 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:44 PM

My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because Of His Insecurity And Trust Issues. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because Of His Insecurity And Trust Issues. (20808 Views)

Photo: "My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because I Posted This Sexy Picture On Face / My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because He's Not Ready For A Relationship. / My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because Of Age Difference (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because Of His Insecurity And Trust Issues. by Georgettes(f): 4:01pm On Nov 13, 2010
I feel like a loser. He broke up with me because he said he can not trust me. I don't know what else i could have done. I have never cheated on him or crossed the line or boundary. His last relationship before mine, his ex girlfriend just left him and got married within few months.
The only things that happened was me getting a lot of attention from men which is not my fault but I never cheated on him. The painful part is him telling his friends, I am enjoying the attention from men.
Why do good people tend to suffer. He still claims to love me and calls me every now and then.

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because Of His Insecurity And Trust Issues. by mediatrix8(f): 4:08pm On Nov 13, 2010
Girl,If you love your boyfriend sincerely,Try to avoid things that will lead him to be jealous ,instead try to win his trust by showing him that he's the only one,show him all your love be, loyal to him and limit your time with other guys.Keep a distance with other man .I wish you can get him back wink

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because Of His Insecurity And Trust Issues. by r231(m): 4:11pm On Nov 13, 2010
mediatrix8:

Girl,If you love your boyfriend sincerely,Try to avoid things that will lead him to be jealous ,instead try to win his trust by showing him that he's the only one,show him all your love be, loyal to him and limit your time with other guys.Keep a distance with other man .I wish you can get him back wink

good one
Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because Of His Insecurity And Trust Issues. by Georgettes(f): 4:14pm On Nov 13, 2010
mediatrix8:

He has already broken up with me and it seems inevitable. It looks like it is final. It is not like we don't talk. He sounded really made up. If i cheated or nagged or such, it would be better but I was good to him and showed him as much as i could. He had complained about the men that give me attention but I never cheated.
Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because Of His Insecurity And Trust Issues. by iaabc(f): 4:16pm On Nov 13, 2010
He's obviously dealing with issues from the previous relationship, so you can either be patient and hope he'll be back or simply move on and count it as an additional experience in life.

2 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because Of His Insecurity And Trust Issues. by Georgettes(f): 4:36pm On Nov 13, 2010
iaabc:

He's obviously dealing with issues from the previous relationship, so you can either be patient and hope he'll be back or simply move on and count it as an additional experience in life.

I am already moving on because my gut feelings tell me it is over for good. how can i be patient when someone told me it is over.
Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because Of His Insecurity And Trust Issues. by kay177(m): 4:44pm On Nov 13, 2010
God himself said it that he is a jealous God, If he were to be the one enjoying the attention of other girls, its possible you would have gone to the extent of assaulting those girls, Its better you dance to the beat of his drum, rather than dancing and giving attention to side attractions,
Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because Of His Insecurity And Trust Issues. by Yorisb: 5:02pm On Nov 13, 2010
Georgette$:

I feel like a loser. He broke up with me because he said he can not trust me. I don't know what else i could have done. I have never cheated on him or crossed the line or boundary. His last relationship before mine, his ex girlfriend just left him and got married within few months.
The only things that happened was me getting a lot of attention from men which is not my fault but I never cheated on him. The painful part is him telling his friends, I am enjoying the attention from men.
Why do good people tend to suffer. He still claims to love me and calls me every now and then.

He ditched you and moved on? Well, on the account of highlighted lines I'm not sure he's moved on completely, and ergo you may still stand a chance of winning him back. undecided GLuck!
Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because Of His Insecurity And Trust Issues. by 1one: 5:05pm On Nov 13, 2010
my opinion may veer a bit off course in relation to the theme of other posters.so just be patient with me and indulge my creativity.
There was no mention in your post about your feelings past or present for this guy, If I may say I dont think you loved this guy, and that's why you used the word "loser" to describe how you feel, I think what you had for him was conscious commitment, you were commited to him and maybe the demands of the relationship that's why you feel like a loser having "invested" so much, so if my opinion is half as close as the shore from the sea,i'd suggest you just let him be and move on.

But this, as I said is just a product off my fertile imagination.I stand to be corrected
Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because Of His Insecurity And Trust Issues. by Georgettes(f): 7:05pm On Nov 13, 2010
1one:

my opinion may veer a bit off course in relation to the theme of other posters.so just be patient with me and indulge my creativity.
There was no mention in your post about your feelings past or present for this guy, If I may say I dont think you loved this guy, and that's why you used the word "loser" to describe how you feel, I think what you had for him was conscious commitment, you were commited to him and maybe the demands of the relationship that's why you feel like a loser having "invested" so much, so if my opinion is half as close as the shore from the sea,i'd suggest you just let him be and move on.

But this, as I said is just a product off my fertile imagination.I stand to be corrected

Of course if i didn't love him, I would not be here posting. I said I felt like a loser because I did not do anything wrong. We did not fight or maybe nag or cheat or such. I was the best I could be even as he said but just because of insecurity and trust issue? What am I supposed to do. I am a pretty young lady and would always be that way. I was with him and not anyone else so why the insecurity?

Yorisb:

[/b]

He ditched you and moved on? Well, on the account of highlighted lines I'm not sure he's moved on completely, and ergo you may still stand a chance of winning him back. undecided GLuck!

I think he has moved on. That is what i feel. He is keeping in touch because i did not hurt him and do anything and even his friends are not really in support of his reasons breaking up with me. That he should have been patient.

kay177:

God himself said it that he is a jealous God, If he were to be the one enjoying the attention of other girls, its possible you would have gone to the extent of assaulting those girls, Its better you dance to the beat of his drum, rather than dancing and giving attention to side attractions,

it is human nature to appreciate that people are admiring you. I would lie if i said I did not enjoy it. Of course I did but the bottom line, was I with them? I was with him and it was him I was committed to. So are you saying that my crime is being beautiful and men admiring me? C'mon guys!

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because Of His Insecurity And Trust Issues. by Osama10(m): 7:54pm On Nov 13, 2010
mediatrix8:

I think this would have saved your relationship.
Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because Of His Insecurity And Trust Issues. by Nobody: 9:08pm On Nov 13, 2010
I see where the problem lies , you enjoy the attention you get from your admirers and you let your boyfriend know. Don't you see anything wrong in that , I mean how do you want him to feel comfortable with all the attention you give them. Do you even make all know you have the best man in the world , if he sees anytime makes a pass at you bring him up and let the whold world know you love him I know things wouldn't be the way they are now

2 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because Of His Insecurity And Trust Issues. by IyaBasira: 10:07pm On Nov 13, 2010
Osama10:

apocalypse:

I see where the problem lies , you enjoy the attention you get from your admirers and you let your boyfriend know. Don't you see anything wrong in that , I mean how do you want him to feel comfortable with all the attention you give them. Do you even make all know you have the best man in the world , if he sees anytime makes a pass at you bring him up and let the whold world know you love him I know things wouldn't be the way they are now

Are you guys serious?

She wasn't the one who went out soliciting male attention. The men come to her, not the other way round. You cannot blame the jewel for attracting attention if left out in the open. Why do you think museums guard precious jewels and paintings with round the clock security?
Let's face facts. I'm not saying that he should watch her 24/7. But the issue here is not her, it's him. If he was emotionally secure, what he would be doing is getting angry with the guys talking to her. But he's too scared to confront them for fear that one of them would probably say something like " Well , I'm sleeping with her anyway", because that would make him look like an absolute dunce.
So what he does is to blackmail her emotionally , blame her for being attractive because he resents the fact that she can leave him for any of the guys chasing her IF SHE WANTS TO.
What he's REALLY trying to do here is see where her loyalty lies.
If you have something pretty or valuable, other people are always going to want to take it away from you. It's a huge ego boost when you can take something that another person cherishes away from them. But you don't blame the item itself for being valuable. You guys telling her that she should minimize the time she spends with boys is just plain wrong. You may as well ask her to wear a hi jab just because you aren't comfortable with her being pretty.

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because Of His Insecurity And Trust Issues. by 1one: 1:10am On Nov 14, 2010
I am a pretty young lady and would always be that way

^^^em, actually, you WONT, remember that three letter word that has a (st) -ING- at the end?
AGE-ING? Its a term common to every teresstial this side of existence or perharps i should be asking you, how's the weather, in JUPITER
Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because Of His Insecurity And Trust Issues. by Dsense(m): 2:42am On Nov 14, 2010
Georgette$:

Pls cheer up nd let it go jor.I know how u feel but to enlighten it ,It might be from the attention u get from men that laid him to the decision. but sometimes we '' men'' feel like being freed, Cause we just want to be alone though he might love u oo but will be like ''i just want to be freed for now. Which means he might come back to u asking for u for marriage grin.Yeah.U got it?
Or he's in love with some1 else nd felt like getting u out of his league.Take heart.
Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because Of His Insecurity And Trust Issues. by Georgettes(f): 6:08am On Nov 14, 2010
Osama10:

C'mon, I never said i was spending all my time with other men. No I wasn't.

apocalypse:

Am I not a human to enjoy being admired and appreciated? Stepping the boundaries mean me actually taking actions which i never did nor cheated. And who said I was giving them attention. Imagine walking to the store and like 4 guys stare and want to approach me, how is that my fault? At this point letting the world know anything seems late as I said he already broke up with me.

IyaBasira:

Are you guys serious?

She wasn't the one who went out soliciting male attention. The men come to her, not the other way round. You cannot blame the jewel for attracting attention if left out in the open. Why do you think museums guard precious jewels and paintings with round the clock security?
Let's face facts. I'm not saying that he should watch her 24/7. But the issue here is not her, it's him. If he was emotionally secure, what he would be doing is getting angry with the guys talking to her. But he's too scared to confront them for fear that one of them would probably say something like " Well , I'm sleeping with her anyway", because that would make him look like an absolute dunce.
So what he does is to blackmail her emotionally , blame her for being attractive because he resents the fact that she can leave him for any of the guys chasing her IF SHE WANTS TO.
If you have something pretty or valuable, other people are always going to want to take it away from you. It's a huge ego boost when you can take something that another person cherishes away from them. But you don't blame the item itself for being valuable. You guys telling her that she should minimize the time she spends with boys is just plain wrong. You may as well ask her to wear a hi jab just because you aren't comfortable with her being pretty.

Thank you my sistah for perfectly understanding where i am coming from. This is beyond my control. Maybe I could have done better or close to it but I showed him the best way I could. The problem is him but it hurts because I tried to show him, it was just him.

1one:

^^^em, actually, you WONT, remember that three letter word that has a (st) -ING- at the end?
AGE-ING? Its a term common to every teresstial this side of existence or perharps i should be asking you, how's the weather, in JUPITER

Funny enough, I brought it up to him at some point, that what is his worry. I would actually age one day so he would be secure but it still failed.

D-sense:

Pls cheer up nd let it go jor.I know how u feel but to enlighten it ,It might be from the attention u get from men that laid him to the decision. but sometimes we '' men'' feel like being freed, Cause we just want to be alone though he might love u oo but will be like ''i just want to be freed for now. Which means he might come back to u asking for u for marriage grin.Yeah.U got it?
Or he's in love with some1 else nd felt like getting u out of his league.Take heart.

Yeah I know that's what led to his decision but it hurts because I was faithful. if i was proud or such, then it would have been better.
Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because Of His Insecurity And Trust Issues. by ladygaga(f): 10:06am On Nov 14, 2010
Are you guys serious?

GOD BLESS YOU
Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because Of His Insecurity And Trust Issues. by chiteny(m): 7:35pm On Nov 14, 2010
Of course if i didn't love him, I would not be here posting. I said I felt like a loser because I did not do anything wrong. We did not fight or maybe nag or cheat or such. I was the best I could be even as he said but just because of insecurity and trust issue? What am I supposed to do. I am a pretty young lady and would always be that way. I was with him and not anyone else so why the insecurity?

I don't know if i should say you are wrong by saying you did nothing wrong? The truth is that since you took no action against men who flocking around you and showing you "attention", you loved every bit of it. IMO this is not very right if you are in a relationship. If you guy is not giving much attention, speak your mind to him so he does. Yes he is not secure because he went thru similar experience in the past relationship. Maybe this one would turn to be the same so he opted out before history would repeat itself. You don't need to nag or be caught cheating before a guy breaks up with you. Seeing you hang around men and they give u so much attention suggests a lot.
Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because Of His Insecurity And Trust Issues. by Osama10(m): 7:52pm On Nov 14, 2010
Georgette$:

C'mon, I never said i was spending all my time with other men. No I wasn't.

I was just giving my views based on your story.
Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because Of His Insecurity And Trust Issues. by Georgettes(f): 8:51pm On Nov 14, 2010
chiteny:

I don't know if i should say you are wrong by saying you did nothing wrong? The truth is that since you took no action against men who flocking around you and showing you "attention", you loved every bit of it. IMO this is not very right if you are in a relationship. If you guy is not giving much attention, speak your mind to him so he does. Yes he is not secure because he went thru similar experience in the past relationship. Maybe this one would turn to be the same so he opted out before history would repeat itself. You don't need to nag or be caught cheating before a guy breaks up with you. Seeing you hang around men and they give u so much attention suggests a lot.

What action was i supposed to take? Ok I agree maybe i could have done better or such but r u serious? Who would not love admiration? I did not do or show it in any way that deemed disrespectful. I also was not just hanging around men because of attention, some were my friends. I believe he opted out because of his large insecurity.
Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because Of His Insecurity And Trust Issues. by dbigrod(m): 8:04am On Nov 15, 2010
Poster,mediatrix8 has said it all.i want u to know dat ifevery cute guy and babe give attention to every person dat seek 4 it,then no one would be comfortable dating them.
Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because Of His Insecurity And Trust Issues. by femmy2010(m): 10:33am On Nov 15, 2010
Hmm
Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because Of His Insecurity And Trust Issues. by iice(f): 11:08am On Nov 15, 2010
Story is too skeletal. You may have done something to trigger his breaking up with you.
Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because Of His Insecurity And Trust Issues. by IgadtSwag(m): 11:29am On Nov 15, 2010
Whatever it is,from ur post.u did no wrong(at least nothing tangibly wrong for the average mind).I would think that u loved him and to even come out here in the first place then u r not done loving him just yet.

'tell u what tho,if u don't want to loose him,i don't know what your religious background maybe but just pray, for him and pray for u.and also important is maintaining the communication like nothings wrong or amiss.I bet you in time he'll realize u r even worth his insecurities.

Good luck gurl and Puleez share testimonies when it works out.It may just save someone else
Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because Of His Insecurity And Trust Issues. by Wislet(f): 11:46am On Nov 15, 2010
Long stories here. There's only 1 way out of 2 to take: KEEP REMINISCING ABOUT WAT WAS, WAT COULD HAVE BEEN, WAT U DID/DIDN'T DO, & A WHOLE LOT OF WHYs??. . Or. . U MOVE ON! If u check yourself & feel/know u did nothing wrong, then i guess he should be de one worrying cos it ain't a good quality to be overly jealous concerning anyone- It's not healthy. I guess he feels dat way cos he thinks someone else might carry u off just like his ex. He needs to work on that cos where there's no trust, why should a relationship exist?? It's not a crime to be beautiful. Guys u need to come off it jare! Your partner only has to try & rebuff unwanted admirers, but u don't need to run temperature cos she's attractive. LMAO
Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because Of His Insecurity And Trust Issues. by Wislet(f): 12:05pm On Nov 15, 2010
To make it clearer/cut it short, WHAT HE JUST DID IS CALLED DEFENCE MECHANISM, or maybe i should call it PREVENTION TECHNIQUE. . . To prevent/guard his heart against any possible 2nd blow. My dear, he could still very much be in luv wit u, but he doesn't just want a repeat performance of u leaving him along de way for somebody else. Simple. U can either try & mend it wit him, get him to feel secure wit u-and be truly secure yourself o! OR u move on. Don't mind de finality of his tone-could be an act to make u believe he's serious. Wish u well.
Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because Of His Insecurity And Trust Issues. by Ayowumie(m): 2:12pm On Nov 15, 2010
Let him go. U can never keep a guy that is bent on leaving you.
Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because Of His Insecurity And Trust Issues. by Georgettes(f): 7:07pm On Nov 15, 2010
d bigrod:

Poster,mediatrix8 has said it all.i want u to know dat ifevery cute guy and babe give attention to every person dat seek 4 it,then no one would be comfortable dating them.

U guys still don't understand. It was not like I was giving them some sort of attention.

iice:

Story is too skeletal. You may have done something to trigger his breaking up with you.

That's what I just said his reasons were. he said I was enjoying the attention from other men which I feel should not be enough reason to break up with me if he really loved me. I was almost always with him.
IgadtSwag:

Whatever it is,from your post.u did no wrong(at least nothing tangibly wrong for the average mind).I would think that u loved him and to even come out here in the first place then u r not done loving him just yet.

'tell u what tho,if u don't want to loose him,i don't know what your religious background maybe but just pray, for him and pray for u.and also important is maintaining the communication like nothings wrong or amiss.I bet you in time he'll realize u r even worth his insecurities.

Good luck gurl and Puleez share testimonies when it works out.It may just save someone else

Thanks but i wish I have testimonies because he pretty much has made up his mind. He also said what if along the line, I meet someone else and all those sort of discussions. like you said, defense mechanism.

Ayowumie:

Let him go. U can never keep a guy that is bent on leaving you.
Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because Of His Insecurity And Trust Issues. by IgadtSwag(m): 2:55pm On Nov 16, 2010
his thots, "what if u meet another person", his insecurities exactly.As I said,keep on talking on phone or however like nothings wrong,he'll eventually come to his senses.buh dont forget to pray.there may be no testimonies now but there will be.I bet you!!!

Good luck!

NB.
sent u an IM on yahoo!
Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because Of His Insecurity And Trust Issues. by Georgettes(f): 9:20pm On Nov 16, 2010
IgadtSwag:

his thots, "what if u meet another person", his insecurities exactly.As I said,keep on talking on phone or however like nothings wrong,he'll eventually come to his senses.buh dont forget to pray.there may be no testimonies now but there will be.I bet you!!!

Good luck!

NB.
sent u an IM on yahoo!

Shouldn't i also be thinking what if he meets another too? I believe in prayers but i really believe this relationship is over.In between I didn't see any IM
Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because Of His Insecurity And Trust Issues. by Tinksh(f): 12:49am On Nov 17, 2010
hummm, i feel there is more to this attention thing than your saying here. I am not saying you cheated but it does all depend on how you handled the other attention when your guy was around. Some girls dont like attention and i get the feeling you did love it and played to it. Guys can be very jealous and insecure beings and if you played up to other guys fawning over you and your guy was insecure its a recipe for disaster. I have a friend who is very outgoing and loves being the centre of attention and gives that off. She never cheated but lost many guys cos of her games. She is the biggest tease out there but technically never cheated. SO its a very fine line. I think there is a lot your not saying. Either that or he wanted to end the relationship and that was his only excuse.

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Do I Advice Her.......my Younger Sister Thinks She Is In Love. / Ladies Have You Ever Dated "Mr Return All The Things I Bought For You"? / Counsellor Lutterodt: A Lady Dating 7 People Is Discovering Herself (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 126
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.