Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,135 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:51 AM

I Have Decided To Follow Jesus. No Turning Back, No Turning Back. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Have Decided To Follow Jesus. No Turning Back, No Turning Back. (1138 Views)

Strength To Carry Your Cross Daily And Follow JESUS / Questions For Budaatum: How Can You Follow Jesus Without Believing In Him? / I will keep using the name, 'Yahushua'; you can keep 'Jesus'. No compulsion! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Have Decided To Follow Jesus. No Turning Back, No Turning Back. by Nobody: 6:04pm On Nov 01, 2019
I have decided to follow Jesus...
No turning back, No turning back.

This is a song that has really inspired me at the level of the Spirit, but I never knew the story behind the song until i saw a post here in the religion section of Nairaland which revealed it.

And the post really inspired me and is likely the best post I have ever seen here since I joined Nairaland, and it had made me appreciate the song even more.

Although I shared it there, I wasn't really satisfied because I thought it was a story that deserved more audience. Hence my sharing it here to the end that it might inspire others just as it had done to me.

God bless.

LAUSUG15:
THE STORY BEHIND THE SONG “I HAVE DECIDED TO FOLLOW JESUS"
About 150 years ago, there was a great revival in Wales, England.

As a result of this, many missionaries came from England to northeast India to spread the Gospel.
The region was known as Assam and comprised hundreds of tribes.
The tribal communities were quite primitive and aggressive.
The tribesmen were also called HEAD-HUNTERS because of a social custom which required the male members of the community to collect as many heads as possible.
A man’s strength and ability to protect his wife was assessed by the number of heads he had collected.
Therefore, a youth of marriageable age would try and collect as many heads as possible and hang them on the walls of his house.
The more heads a man had, the more eligible he was considered.
Into this hostile and aggressive community, came a group of Welsh missionaries spreading the message of love, peace, and hope of Jesus Christ.
Naturally, they were not welcomed.
However, One Welsh missionary finally succeeded in converting a man, his wife, and two children.
This man’s faith proved contagious and many villagers began to accept Christianity.
Angry, the village Chief summoned all the villagers.
He then called the family who had first converted, to renounce their faith in public or face execution.
Moved by the Holy Spirit, the man sung his reply,
“I have decided to follow Jesus. No turning back.”
Enraged at the refusal of the man, the Chief ordered his archers to arrow down the two children and they did.
As both boys lay twitching on the floor, the Chief asked, “Will you deny your faith?
You have lost both your children already. You will lose your wife too.”
But the man replied, again singing,
“Though none go with me, still I will follow, No turning back.”
The Chief was beside himself with fury and ordered his wife to be arrowed down and she was.
In a moment, she joined her two children in death.
Now he asked for the last time, “I will give you one more opportunity to deny your faith and live.”
In the face of death the man sung,
“The cross before me, the world behind me. No turning back. No turning back.”
He was shot dead like the rest of his family.
But with their deaths, a miracle took place.
The Chief who had ordered the killings was moved by the faith of the man.
He wondered, “Why should this man, his wife and two children die for a Man who lived in a far-away land, on another continent some 2,000 years ago?
He concluded that "there must be some supernatural power behind the family, and I too want that supernatural power.”
In a spontaneous confession of faith, he declared, “I too belong to Jesus Christ!”

When the crowd heard this from the mouth of their Chief, the whole village accepted Christ as their Lord and Savior.

What have you ever done for Jesus Christ?

Jesus wants you to make that decision to Follow Him today, because tomorrow might be too late.

If you love Jesus, please share this message.

GOD BLESS YOU AS YOU DO.

The messenger of Truth, with the messages of Victory...

2 Likes

Re: I Have Decided To Follow Jesus. No Turning Back, No Turning Back. by Nobody: 10:24am On Nov 02, 2019
NO TURNING BACK, NO TURNING BACK.
Re: I Have Decided To Follow Jesus. No Turning Back, No Turning Back. by Nobody: 7:05am On Nov 03, 2019
I have decided never to turn my back on Jesus, how about you?
Re: I Have Decided To Follow Jesus. No Turning Back, No Turning Back. by Nobody: 6:41am On Nov 04, 2019
If you haven't come to a point in your following of Jesus when there's no turning back, just know it that you haven't started.
Re: I Have Decided To Follow Jesus. No Turning Back, No Turning Back. by Nobody: 6:54am On Nov 05, 2019
Luke 9:62 (KJV)

62 And Jesus said unto him, No man, having put his hand to the plough, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God.
Re: I Have Decided To Follow Jesus. No Turning Back, No Turning Back. by Nobody: 8:21am On Nov 06, 2019
jesusjnr:
Luke 9:62 (KJV)

62 And Jesus said unto him, No man, having put his hand to the plough, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God.

Are you fit for the Kingdom of God?
Re: I Have Decided To Follow Jesus. No Turning Back, No Turning Back. by Nobody: 7:22am On Nov 07, 2019
Count the cost!
Re: I Have Decided To Follow Jesus. No Turning Back, No Turning Back. by Nobody: 7:15am On Nov 08, 2019
jesusjnr:
Count the cost!

Luke 14:28 (KJV)

28 For which of you, intending to build a tower, sitteth not down first, and counteth the cost, whether he have sufficient to finish it?
Re: I Have Decided To Follow Jesus. No Turning Back, No Turning Back. by Nobody: 7:36am On Nov 09, 2019
jesusjnr:

Luke 14:28 (KJV)

28 For which of you, intending to build a tower, sitteth not down first, and counteth the cost, whether he have sufficient to finish it?

Luke 14:29-30 (KJV)

29 Lest haply, after he hath laid the foundation, and is not able to finish it, all that behold it begin to mock him,
30 Saying, This man began to build, and was not able to finish.
Re: I Have Decided To Follow Jesus. No Turning Back, No Turning Back. by Nobody: 6:26am On Nov 10, 2019
Luke 14:31 (KJV)

31 Or what king, going to make war against another king, sitteth not down first, and consulteth whether he be able with ten thousand to meet him that cometh against him with twenty thousand?
Re: I Have Decided To Follow Jesus. No Turning Back, No Turning Back. by Nobody: 7:31am On Nov 11, 2019
jesusjnr:
Luke 14:31 (KJV)

31 Or what king, going to make war against another king, sitteth not down first, and consulteth whether he be able with ten thousand to meet him that cometh against him with twenty thousand?

Luke 14:32 (KJV)

32 Or else, while the other is yet a great way off, he sendeth an ambassage, and desireth conditions of peace.
Re: I Have Decided To Follow Jesus. No Turning Back, No Turning Back. by Nobody: 7:05am On Nov 12, 2019
In other words count the cost!
Re: I Have Decided To Follow Jesus. No Turning Back, No Turning Back. by Nobody: 6:33am On Nov 13, 2019
Luke 17:32 (KJV)

32 Remember Lot's wife.
Re: I Have Decided To Follow Jesus. No Turning Back, No Turning Back. by Nobody: 7:14am On Nov 14, 2019
jesusjnr:
Luke 17:32 (KJV)

32 Remember Lot's wife.
Luke 17:33 (KJV)

33 Whosoever shall seek to save his life shall lose it; and whosoever shall lose his life shall preserve it.
Re: I Have Decided To Follow Jesus. No Turning Back, No Turning Back. by Nobody: 4:23pm On Nov 15, 2019
jesusjnr:

Luke 17:33 (KJV)

33 Whosoever shall seek to save his life shall lose it; and whosoever shall lose his life shall preserve it.
Mark 8:36 (KJV)

36 For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?
Re: I Have Decided To Follow Jesus. No Turning Back, No Turning Back. by Nobody: 8:08am On Nov 19, 2019
jesusjnr:

Mark 8:36 (KJV)

36 For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?
Mark 8:37 (KJV)

37 Or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?
Re: I Have Decided To Follow Jesus. No Turning Back, No Turning Back. by Nobody: 11:10am On Nov 20, 2019
jesusjnr:
Mark 8:37 (KJV)

37 Or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?

Mark 8:38 (KJV)

38 Whosoever therefore shall be ashamed of me and of my words in this adulterous and sinful generation; of him also shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he cometh in the glory of his Father with the holy angels.
Re: I Have Decided To Follow Jesus. No Turning Back, No Turning Back. by Nobody: 8:01am On Nov 21, 2019
Till death do us unite!
Re: I Have Decided To Follow Jesus. No Turning Back, No Turning Back. by Nobody: 10:59am On Nov 22, 2019
Jesus for better for worse.
Re: I Have Decided To Follow Jesus. No Turning Back, No Turning Back. by Nobody: 8:57am On Nov 23, 2019
Jesus for richer for poorer.
Re: I Have Decided To Follow Jesus. No Turning Back, No Turning Back. by Nobody: 12:05pm On Nov 27, 2019
Forward ever, backward never!
Re: I Have Decided To Follow Jesus. No Turning Back, No Turning Back. by Nobody: 3:00pm On Nov 28, 2019
Jesus for life!
Re: I Have Decided To Follow Jesus. No Turning Back, No Turning Back. by Nobody: 4:48pm On Nov 29, 2019
Jesus in the good times,
Re: I Have Decided To Follow Jesus. No Turning Back, No Turning Back. by Nobody: 4:33pm On Nov 30, 2019
jesusjnr:
Jesus in the good times,
Jesus in the bad times.
Re: I Have Decided To Follow Jesus. No Turning Back, No Turning Back. by Nobody: 3:10pm On Dec 01, 2019
Jesus always.
Re: I Have Decided To Follow Jesus. No Turning Back, No Turning Back. by Amanda4life: 7:48pm On Dec 01, 2019
Jesu Jesu Jesu alone
Re: I Have Decided To Follow Jesus. No Turning Back, No Turning Back. by Nobody: 7:49am On Dec 02, 2019
Amanda4life:
Jesu Jesu Jesu alone
That's if someone being with God alone, means being alone, or if being with men alone, means not being alone.

By the way, did the Op inspire you in any way?

That's the purpose of this effort.

God bless.

(1) (Reply)

Pastor Poju Oyemade Speaks On Daddy Freeze's Saga / Help Me!!masturbation Is Killin Me / Altars And Shrines: Power Is Greater Than Power.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.