Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,087 members, 7,807,245 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:33 AM

Share Your Nigeria To Abroad Stories Here - Travel (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Share Your Nigeria To Abroad Stories Here (40759 Views)

Those That Travel Abroad As Dependents, Come In And Share Your Abroad Stories / Where Can I Relocate To Abroad With 2million Naira? / Road Travel Security Experiences - Please Share Your Personal Stories Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Share Your Nigeria To Abroad Stories Here by molybdenum0012: 11:08am On Nov 10, 2019
Some people are actually dumb for real. They will not see the wide spread poverty in Nigeria, they will be citing billionaire Dangote.

How many Nigerians will be as rich as Dangote? Majority of Nigerians just want to live a decent life, which they cannot get here.

Western worlds provide that atmosphere for them. You don't have to be rich to enjoy what the rich enjoy in the western country.

Only in Nigeria where there is abject poverty you have to be rich to enjoy constant electiricy, good roads, quality education, security, and even drive a car:

These are basic necessity of life that ordinary vulcaniser should enjoy, but reverse is the case. That is why you see everyone in the country trying every means to get rich so they can enjoy all those.

And of course the aftermath of this is the craze for materialism among the youths. When you are starved of something, you will do anything to get that thing.

Let us call a spade a spade. Life is hard everywhere, but it is harder in Nigeria. Don't say because you have few businesses blossoming that Nigeria is heaven. Think of millions who go to bed hungry without food, think of millions of unemployed graduates who still struggle to have three square meal a day. Think of millions who have tried different businesses but failed, think of millions who learn a trade but still live from hands to mouth.

I have a master's degree, and I have looked for job with it but to know avail. Had to hide it somewhere and hit the street. Engaged in so many hustled and businesses yet still find it hard to live a decent life. And I am sure many young Nigerians are in similar situations if not worst.

If The Western countries are bad, then Nigeria is worst. No basis for comparison.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Share Your Nigeria To Abroad Stories Here by Nobody: 11:24am On Nov 10, 2019
molybdenum0012:
Some people are actually dumb for real. They will not see the wide spread poverty in Nigeria, they will be citing billionaire Dangote.

How many Nigerians will be as rich as Dangote? Majority of Nigerians just want to live a decent life, which they cannot get here.

Western worlds provide that atmosphere for them. You don't have to be rich to enjoy what the rich enjoy in the western country.

Only in Nigeria where there is abject poverty you have to be rich to enjoy constant electiricy, good roads, quality education, security, and even drive a car:

These are basic necessity of life that ordinary vulcaniser should enjoy, but reverse is the case. That is why you see everyone in the country trying every means to get rich so they can enjoy all those.

And of course the aftermath of this is the craze for materialism among the youths. When you are starved of something, you will do anything to get that thing.

Let us call a spade a spade. Life is hard everywhere, but it is harder in Nigeria. Don't say because you have few businesses blossoming that Nigeria is heaven. Think of millions who go to bed hungry without food, think of millions of unemployed graduates who still struggle to have three square meal a day. Think of millions who have tried different businesses but failed, think of millions who learn a trade but still live from hands to mouth.

I have a master's degree, and I have looked for job with it but to know avail. Had to hide it somewhere and hit the street. Engaged in so many hustled and businesses yet still find it hard to live a decent life. And I am sure many young Nigerians are in similar situations if not worst.

If The Western countries are bad, then Nigeria is worst. No basis for comparison.

So how come Seun osewa and Linda Ikeji are billionaires from simple blogging and a forum, yeah that's the Nigerian leverage I'm talking about.

You need to see the opportunities available to you out there especially in this internet age ..

The things you call basic stuff in the west are not free at all.

Can you pay 400 pounds a month for electricity, 1500 pounds per month for a mortgage, 200 pounds for car insurance, road tax, I'm not even finished yet.

That's like 2000 pounds without food, if you have kids then more spending.

How much is it to rent a flat in lekki for a year ?

Now go and check the monthly average salaries for most people in the west.

Yes the west is better structurally but it's not as easy, and tougher especially when you are an undocumented immigrant and that's the argument .

1 Like

Re: Share Your Nigeria To Abroad Stories Here by Suspectzero(m): 12:04pm On Nov 10, 2019
Nigsrdumb:

So how come Seun osewa and Linda Ikeji are billionaires from simple blogging and a forum, yeah that's the Nigerian leverage I'm talking about.

You need to see the opportunities available to you out there especially in this internet age ..

Can you pay 400 pounds a month for electricity, 1500 pounds per month for a mortgage, 200 pounds for car insurance, road tax, I'm not even finished yet.

Yes the west is better structurally but it's not as easy, and tougher especially when you are an undocumented immigrant and that's the argument .

Dude you are just so narrow minded that there's no point trying to reason with you. Wherever you are based abroad, you are there illegally. You never immigrated properly that's you why say all this nonsense. Because you know the law over there will soon catch up to you and deport your ass. So you in your mind you have to elevate Nigerian just to console yourself.

The only person you are deceiving is yourself. The only other people that will agree with you are those like yourself that have absolutely no hope of relocating Legally and enjoying the fruits of an advanced and stable society.

Guy please ignore him. His username is enough to show just how dumb and ignorant he is. Claims "ni*ggas"are dumb, yet is worshipping Nigeria as if its not the same so called "dumb n*ggas" that run the place from head to toe.

5 Likes

Re: Share Your Nigeria To Abroad Stories Here by Nobody: 12:28pm On Nov 10, 2019
Suspectzero:

Dude you are just so narrow minded that there's no point trying to reason with you. Wherever you are based abroad, you are there illegally. You never immigrated properly that's you why say all this nonsense. Because you know the law over there will soon catch up to you and deport your ass. So you in your mind you have to elevate Nigerian just to console yourself.

The only person you are deceiving is yourself. The only other people that will agree with you are those like yourself that have absolutely no hope of relocating Legally and enjoying the fruits of an advanced and stable society.

Guy please ignore him. His username is enough to show just how dumb and ignorant he is. Claims "ni*ggas"are dumb, yet is worshipping Nigeria as if its not the same so called "dumb n*ggas" that run the place from head to toe.

You are a fool , this is why you miss opportunities in life because you assume.

Here's my passport to show you ..

I'm simply advising you to lower your expectations and prepare if you must travel.

If you are in Nigeria pay attention to the opportunities.

What I've I said wrong.

Yes I get it . You guys are extremely frustrated, instead of listening to someone who has lived the life you aspire to, you result to insults.
Re: Share Your Nigeria To Abroad Stories Here by Suspectzero(m): 1:49pm On Nov 10, 2019
Nigsrdumb:

I'm simply advising you to lower your expectations and prepare if you must travel.

What I've I said wrong.

Yes I get it . You guys are extremely frustrated, instead of listening to someone who has lived the life you aspire to, you result to insults.

Lol congrats on the passport. And who told you i aspire to live your type of lifestyle? Are you dumb enough to think every immigrant or everyone living in a particular location live the same type of lifestyle? Dude i have lived in North America for almost a decade straight in the recent past and i'm going back before 2020. Your experience will not be everyone else's experience. You should be at least averagely intelligent enough to realize that.

Most of your comments boil down to bashing the West and elevating the wasteland that is Nigeria. Not everyone wants to be a Dangote. It seems you can't get your little mind around that. You won't find any peace of mind if all you do is go through social media coveting the Wealth of the ultra rich and wishing they could be yours. You simply need to stop projecting your desire (For Super Riches) on everyone else in this forum. Maybe then you can get some sense and stop inundating us with your tripe.

10 Likes

Re: Share Your Nigeria To Abroad Stories Here by Nobody: 1:57pm On Nov 10, 2019
Suspectzero:

Lol congrats on the passport. And who told you i aspire to live your type of lifestyle? Are you dumb enough to think every immigrant or everyone living in a particular location live the same type of lifestyle? Dude i have lived in North America for almost a decade straight in the recent past and i'm going back before 2020. Your experience will not be everyone else's experience. You should be at least averagely intelligent enough to realize that.

Most of your comments boils down to bashing the West and elevating the wasteland that is Nigeria. Not everyone wants to be a Dangote. It seems you can't get your little mind around that. You won't find any peace of mind if all you do is go through social media coveting the Wealth of the ultra rich and wishing they could be yours. You simply need to stop projecting your desire (For Super Riches) on everyone else in this forum. Maybe then you can get some sense and stop inundating us with your tripe.

See this idiot ,after you claimed I was an illegal immigrant.

Lol north America, you don't have much experience . I've been in the west far much longer than you have

Keep praising a country that will never be yours whilst you shit on your own .

The same Nigeria that you shit on is where oyinbos are trooping into fcking the shit out of ur olodo women and making shit loads of money.

The black man did not recognize the use of their own mineral resources until the whites showed them.

Until now you guys still don't know what you have.

Assuming the west is as good , will they take 200 million Nigerians.

You guys have low IQs and easily impressed by shiny things.

See attached .. oyinbos enjoying Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Share Your Nigeria To Abroad Stories Here by Suspectzero(m): 2:36pm On Nov 10, 2019
Nigsrdumb:

See this idiot ,after you claimed I was an illegal immigrant.

Lol north America, you don't have much experience . I've been in the west far much longer than you have

Keep praising a country that will never be yours whilst you shit on your own .

The same Nigeria that you shit on is where oyinbos are trooping into fcking the shit out of ur olodo women and making shit loads of money.

The black man did not recognize the use of their own mineral resources until the whites showed them.

Until now you guys still don't know what you have.

Assuming the west is as good , will they take 200 million Nigerians.

You guys have low IQs and easily impressed by shiny things.

See attached .. oyinbos enjoying Nigeria

Lol i swear you are daft beyond comprehension. With the IQ of a toddler. Throw away that shiny passort you just showed me now, carry your Green passport proudly then return your dumbass back to Nigeria to enjoy. Showing me pictures of some luxury resort. As if that's suppose to be reprensentative of the Country. You really are a very stupid man and i pity anybody that takes you seriously. Money and Women that's all that's in your thick skull. People like you are the reason why Nigeria is the way it is to begin with.

And yea you have far more experience than me abroad because you are old as shit, so congrats.

I'm done with you now before i lose more IQ points.

9 Likes

Re: Share Your Nigeria To Abroad Stories Here by Nobody: 2:51pm On Nov 10, 2019
Suspectzero:

Lol i swear you are daft beyond comprehension. With the IQ of a toddler. Throw away that shiny passort you just showed me now, carry your Green passport proudly then return your dumbass back to Nigeria to enjoy. Showing me pictures of some luxury resort. As if that's suppose to be reprensentative of the Country. You really are a very stupid man and i pity anybody that takes you seriously. Money and Women that's all that's in your thick skull. People like you are the reason why Nigeria is the way it is to begin with.

And yea you have far more experience than me abroad because you are old as shit, so congrats.

I'm done with you now before i lose more IQ points.

You've got a terrible comprehension.

The problem you guys have is that you don't understand that productivity leads to financial independence.

Europe is successful because it has productive people.

Eg nairaland ..Seun osewa has a high iq , because not only did he see an opportunity , he was intelligent enough to use it.

The government was bad when Seun created nairaland, that didn't stop him.

The reason why you don't see value in Nigeria is because you're not productive , you are not productive because you have a low iq

Similarly that's why high iq Chinese, European can come into Nigeria and become rich..

As far as returning to Nigeria, I already have the ball rolling and I can assure you I'm already killing it within two years.

Your responses are just baked with emotions and you can't figure out the level of understanding and experience I have on the subject matter .

3 Likes

Re: Share Your Nigeria To Abroad Stories Here by Originalsly: 3:19pm On Nov 10, 2019
slightlyMad:
It depends on the country and your status.

Will break down cost of survival first
Monthly rent of a shity house in the shitiest neighborhood for a room and shared common space $600/month, decent will cost $800 in same shity neighborhood

Upkeep for a month $500 if on an extremely low budget

If you plan to live in the US with a visit visa, I will NOT recommend this as it is suicidal, the reason folks don't come back home after realizing this mistake is because of the shame of what they will tell people they already told they were relocating.

Job options is limited to working in factories, sometimes packing products while standing for hours, they do not sit, let me repeat, they do not sit for 8+ hours and get paid $10/hr and you constantly need prayer to not get caught by ICE

Before you try relocating, pick one day and try to stand for 8hrs. If you survive it without regrets, please come down, these factories need you

People tell me they get back home and cry after day 1&2 of these kind of work after remembering their old status back home.

If you have papers, aka, green card or work authorization, or us passport. Ló and behold, you are a king.

Option are available, you can quit a job today and get another next day. I will recommend America to you, even if you are a bank MD back home.

You can take few month courses in any field and you are set to start making up to $35/hr

If you are in technology, you can even make up to $90/hr depending on your experience.

I sieze this front page opportunity to doff my hat to all Nigerians who are working hard in the US, breaking new grounds and rebuilding our already damaged reputation. You are a rare gem.

If you see or know other Nigerians who are doing the opposite especially frauds, please tip the fbi anonymously. No one deserves to live large at the expense of others hard work I promise.

Except for the bolded.......this is the bitter bitter truth.

@ topic. As for me.......was comfortable.... independent... family was all abroad...legally.... citizens and PR... visited... changed status.... stayed. Is no way I would've remained here illegally....and worse with no support. What I've seen since....I would never advise anyone to do the same.... plan to be abroad illegally...worse ... in these anti immigrant times. Would I advise anyone to travel?...Yes... everyone who can afford to.... at least... come and visit.... see the reality...you will see things differently. This place swallows money real fast......but on a visit... if you have a business mind... bring extra money.....you will see a million and one things to take back to cover most if not all of your travel expenses or even make the trip a profitable one. Visit... you must gain from the exposure.
Re: Share Your Nigeria To Abroad Stories Here by KingCurtis21: 3:24pm On Nov 10, 2019
Nigsrdumb:

U guys can't argue properly without assuming things and making it part of the narrative like it's facts .

I never said there are no billionaires in the west , I said how many Nigerian billionaires are in the west.

In fact which Nigerian Diaspora is richer than dangote.

You see some of you guys think you're intelligent but obviously lacking in simple common sense...

You have leverage in Nigeria if you know how to play, in the west there's an invincible glass ceiling if you are foreign , not saying you can't break through but chances are slim, I'm talking real wealth now.

The numbers of Nigerian billionaires in the Diaspora should make that clear.

You nor just know anything.
Ask yourself how many many Nigerian living in Nigeria can be richer than your so called dangote.

You think things work same way in the west like Nigeria system that’s stagnant. How can just one person be richest man in Nigeria for so long and you’re not asking yourself questions?
You can see the way that first position have been changing from one person to another in the US and how they’re helping African (I nor wan de too talk here) how many help your dangote don help Africa?

You have leverage in Nigeria if you know how to play, in the west there's an invincible glass ceiling if you are foreign , not saying you can't break through but chances are slim, I'm talking real wealth now.
(You have leverage in Nigeria if you know how to play) so you must you corrupt and need connections before you can make it in Nigeria right ? What a shame cry cry cry

Developed countries will assistance your business plan and if you’re a lady the govt will contribute funds and you can easily get a loan with low interest rates.

I just de shame for you
Re: Share Your Nigeria To Abroad Stories Here by Nobody: 3:30pm On Nov 10, 2019
KingCurtis21:

You nor just know anything.
Ask yourself how many many Nigerian living in Nigeria can be richer than your so called dangote.

You think things work same way in the west like Nigeria system that’s stagnant. How can just one person be richest man in Nigeria for so long and you’re not asking yourself questions?
You can see the way that first position have been changing from one person to another in the US and how they’re helping African (I nor wan de too talk here) how many help your dangote don help Africa?

I just de shame for you

Read everything I wrote from the start you'll get my point

Nigerians living in Nigeria arguing with someone who is living the experience right now lol.

Oga shame for yourself.

If I share my bank balance from my Nigerian runs you'll be shocked, but I won't because most of you are nay sayers and you don't believe in yourselves.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Nigeria To Abroad Stories Here by genq(m): 4:28pm On Nov 10, 2019
molybdenum0012:

This comment should be on front page for all to see.

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Nigeria To Abroad Stories Here by idu1(m): 5:15pm On Nov 10, 2019
spiceadole:
I'm a medical doctor.

I left Nigeria for UK few months ago.

The dream took 4 years to come to pass.

I started by saving up money during my housemanship.

After NYSC,I was lucky to start residency programme. I still worked in private hospitals at my free time.
Meanwhile,I took the necessary exams..In Nigeria and UK.

Passed...Got an offer in Norwich,where I'm based now.
My hubby is making plans to join me next year.

Leaving Nigeria is the best decision I have ever taken in my life so far.

How are you doing ma?

Please what is the job prospects for Nigerian with medical laboratory science degree in the UK?

What is the pay like?
Re: Share Your Nigeria To Abroad Stories Here by KingCurtis21: 5:52pm On Nov 10, 2019
Nigsrdumb:

How much does the Seun have? Is nairaland in the stock market and how many people buy it share? Do the site have app? He only created nairaland which have less than 3m people as member and he’s not earning direct through the site’ google and other host is paying him. You don’t know how all the work and you just called people billionaire because they’re popular.

Linda: she leveraged her way to the top (through connections and gifts from politicians) how many people still visit her site where instablog is there.

Do you know how much is data, laptops and the unfavorable electricity blackout. Do you know it’s a crime to own a laptop in Nigeria? Be realistic

The things you call basic stuff in the west are not free at all. Can you pay 400 pounds a month for electricity, 1500 pounds per month for a mortgage, 200 pounds for car insurance, road tax, I'm not even finished yet, That's like 2000 pounds without food, if you have kids then more spending

You don’t know what you’re talking about boy.
The highest you can pay monthly for electricity is 150 pounds and you can’t use more than 1500 pounds for food and grocery for a family of four and pay rent in the suburbs (more better than lekki) for a three bedroom apartment around 1500-1700 pounds (included gas, electricity bill, internet, water and heat) cars loan gas, insurance for two car will be around 1000 pounds. hospital is free, school is also free. Totally cost will be Around 4000 pounds and you’ll be making around 5k and your wife around 3k=8000-4000=4000 as saving. So what’s your point?

Average Three bedroom flat in lekki phase 1cost around #3,000,000 plus service charge #500,000 in a local estate.. Electricity cost around 50k-100k and the light won’t be constant. School fee each term lowest 700k-2m (hospital grin grin grin) fuel for two cars and gen around 300k each month, food, grocery items, internet, phones bills is 250k monthly
Annual expenses in lekki will be around 10m and how many couples earn that much?
Even doctors in private hospitals and junior doctors in government hospitals can’t afford to live in that slum and most suburbs in west are more standard than your Lekki

Do your research well son

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Nigeria To Abroad Stories Here by Nobody: 5:59pm On Nov 10, 2019
KingCurtis21:

How much does the Seun have? Is nairaland in the stock market and how many people buy it share? Do the site have app? He only created nairaland which have less than 3m people as member and he’s not earning direct through the site’ google and other host is paying him. You don’t know how all the work and you just called people billionaire because they’re popular.

Linda: she leveraged her way to the top (through connections and gifts from politicians) how many people still visit her site where instablog is there.

Do you know how much is data, laptops and the unfavorable electricity blackout. Do you know it’s a crime to own a laptop in Nigeria? Be realistic

The things you call basic stuff in the west are not free at all. Can you pay 400 pounds a month for electricity, 1500 pounds per month for a mortgage, 200 pounds for car insurance, road tax, I'm not even finished yet, That's like 2000 pounds without food, if you have kids then more spending

You don’t know what you’re talking about boy.
The highest you can pay monthly for electricity is 150 pounds and you can’t use more than 1500 pounds for food and grocery for a family of four and pay rent in the suburbs (more better than lekki) for a three bedroom apartment around 1500-1700 pounds (included gas, electricity bill, internet, water and heat) cars loan gas, insurance for two car will be around 1000 pounds. hospital is free, school is also free. Totally cost will be Around 4000 pounds and you’ll be making around 5k and your wife around 3k=8000-4000=4000 as saving. So what’s your point?

Average Three bedroom flat in lekki phase 1cost around #3,000,000 plus service charge #500,000 in a local estate.. Electricity cost around 50k-100k and the light won’t be constant. School fee each term lowest 700k-2m (hospital grin grin grin) fuel for two cars and gen around 300k each month, food, grocery items, internet, phones bills is 250k monthly
Annual expenses in lekki will be around 10m and how many couples earn that much?
Even doctors in private hospitals and junior doctors in government hospitals can’t afford to live in that slum and most suburbs in west are more standard than your Lekki

Do your research well son

You don't need to be disrespectful , I've said my piece. At least you came up with an argument unlike those other people.

Anyway let's agree to disagree , if you are not coming to Europe legitimately, you will suffer. Period..

Whether Nigeria or Europe presents more opportunities is simply a matter of interpretation.

In my own personal life right now, my Nigerian strategy is working.

I don't even understand what we are arguing about

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Nigeria To Abroad Stories Here by KingCurtis21: 6:28pm On Nov 10, 2019
Nigsrdumb:

What I've I said wrong.

Lol dis one de post people pictures for here. So you de carry your passport de go cafeterias because dat background look like restaurant.
Nor b you talk say you made 30m in two years Nigeria and you’re still in Nigeria, say you want sell any product and make #5500 profit to 60000 people and you be millionaire. How manage d background looks like west?

I love nairaland everyone is claiming boss here. Audio millionaire/audio citizen.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Nigeria To Abroad Stories Here by KingCurtis21: 6:30pm On Nov 10, 2019
wink

1 Like

Re: Share Your Nigeria To Abroad Stories Here by Nobody: 6:36pm On Nov 10, 2019
KingCurtis21:

Lol dis one de post people pictures for here. So you de carry your passport de go cafeterias because dat background look like restaurant.
Nor b you talk say you made 30m in two years Nigeria and you’re still in Nigeria, say you want sell any product and make #5500 profit to 60000 people and you be millionaire. How manage d background looks like west?

I love nairaland everyone is claiming boss here. Audio millionaire/audio citizen.

Lol you nor get sense , your problem na envy .

I can see through it with your last comment.

You one see account balance.

Sit down there they argue with person wey fit pay your salary from investment returns alone.

Im on holidays so I'm just catching fun ..
Re: Share Your Nigeria To Abroad Stories Here by Adek15(m): 9:39am On Nov 11, 2019
Guys, I just started the process of getting a student visa to study in Poland. My aim is to use my student status to work there even if it's menial job till I finish my studies there and get a permanent residency permit. Now my question is:
1. As a student, will I be able to work in my free time doing menial jobs?
2. I intend paying my second semester school fees upward from the money I get doing those menial jobs? The first semester fee will be paid with the savings I have right now
3. Is it possible to get a resident permit after a year of schooling there because I don't intend coming back to Nigeria after my studies.

Note: All my savings right now will be spent on visa application, school fees etc so I will have nothing or little when I get to poland.

I am working in Nigeria (I'm a civil engineer/Project planner and I know a little about IT) but underpaid, I even borrow money to feed sometimes, it's that bad. I just want to live a modest life and help people.. Being a dangote isn't my dream at all.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Nigeria To Abroad Stories Here by ahiboilandgas: 10:29am On Nov 11, 2019
ozonechrome:
I started my abroad journey here in this forum and finally got my PR in Nov 2018.
I was working in a bank here so I was able to afford money for the entire process.

Cost me about 2m exams and all including visa fees.

I left this country with my daughter she was about 2yrs old to Australia in Dec 2018 with less that AUD3k

It was really tough in the first 3months as I didn't know anyone and had a child to care for as well.
The Nigerians I met here then were not so kind but some were.

I got a factory job after a month and was able to start paying bills plus baby daycare fees.
It was really tough for me.

After 3months I got a professional job in a company I never dreamt of.
I love my job and I'm happy.

Did it pay off? hell yeah!!

I've made all I spent long time ago.
I'm comfortable and happy and love God so much because he let me go through all I did so that I can get close to him and it worked.

Sharing to encourage you all especially women.
Don't let any make you feel that you are not enough or treat you less.
Love yourself and God will always see you through.
u are my type of woman very strong will ,ambitious,daring and tactful ....not all this sly queens that their thinking cap is am hungry,I wanna do subscription ,etc

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Nigeria To Abroad Stories Here by jmanity: 10:41am On Nov 11, 2019
ozonechrome:
I started my abroad journey here in this forum and finally got my PR in Nov 2018.
I was working in a bank here so I was able to afford money for the entire process.

I left this country with my daughter she was about 2yrs old to Australia in Dec 2018 with less that AUD3k

It was really tough in the first 3months as I didn't know anyone and had a child to care for as well.

I got a factory job after a month and was able to start paying bills plus baby daycare fees.

I'm comfortable and happy and love God so much because he let me go through all I did so that I can get close to him and it worked.

Please how did you move? Is it express entry or student visa? Is there a thread for Australian express entry? Kindly reply, please anyone that knows should reply me thanks.
Re: Share Your Nigeria To Abroad Stories Here by Jamestown123: 1:43pm On Nov 11, 2019
Nigsrdumb:

People that are paying the 400 pounds, are they dead? For u to be paying 400 pound's do u know how much u are being paid for a month? So everybody should go into blogging abi? Or everybody should go into business!! If everyone is blogging who will be reading another work of someone, and if everyone is doing business then who's going to patronised who? Use ur head, think before u say something. U are doing well doesn't mean everybody is do well also. The fact that we are alive everyday in this Naija is just a big testimony. House that u live are not well structured, are that u breathe is choked and dirty. Think of the hospital's that are not well equipped. No constant electricity, no good road no proper housing. Common bro, for once my country people make una addmit say Naija no good.

Re: Share Your Nigeria To Abroad Stories Here by Bioles1187(m): 3:04pm On Nov 11, 2019
Instead of them to contribute or help someone. Na argument.. Mk I just see opportunity enter Europe weather na Kazakhstan, Russia Serbia any country if na Asia self bye bye to Nigeria be that...

3 Likes

Re: Share Your Nigeria To Abroad Stories Here by Bioles1187(m): 3:07pm On Nov 11, 2019
ozonechrome:

how did u go about it...can I pm u

1 Like

Re: Share Your Nigeria To Abroad Stories Here by ojonugway(m): 4:48pm On Nov 11, 2019
molybdenum0012:

Wow...God bless your hustle bro
Re: Share Your Nigeria To Abroad Stories Here by Haryoureendey4(m): 8:26pm On Nov 11, 2019
victorian:

Abi o!

And come to think of it, the ones abroad telling People here in Nigeria, are either family members abroad Lying to their family members here in Nigeria, so they won't need to send a dime to the ones in Nigeria. How mean can such Nigerians in abroad be? No wonder the ones here are saying life is good, so they can coerce their stingy family members to come to Nigeria, and help them suck their pounds and dollars. I can now see the bigger picture why Nigerians in naija are saying life is good here.
Then also best of friends who went on different paths for greener pastures, the one abroad will tell the ones in Nigeria, they are suffering all not to assist their so called best friends suffering in Nigeria.

Can u imagine?
That's why both parties are lying to themselves. Lol

My own family abroad is guilty of such too. I just smile and withdraw from them. At least I'm surviving in Nigeria.

Anyways I thank God I have a friend abroad who doesn't lie to me about his finances, job and all. And when I'm broke, he doesn't hesitate to assist me.
We don't lie to ourselves. Because it's unnecessary. I'm not a sponge or sucking blood that will keep asking for money everytime. He knows I work hard for my money and if I ask him once in a blue moon, that means I'm really stuck somewhere and he sends money. God will keep blessing him for me. He will never see shame and sorrow or even poverty in his life in Jesus name amen. He's a nairalander and he knows himself smiley and we've not seen ourselves one on one before. Not even once! But he keeps helping with no strings attached. And we always chat like we are best of friends. God just made him one of my helpers.

Anyways Thank God for my hustles here. Abroad or not? We will make it here!
u better marry him if u are still single and if he's also yet to get married wink
Re: Share Your Nigeria To Abroad Stories Here by victorian(f): 9:16pm On Nov 11, 2019
Haryoureendey4:
u better marry him if u are still single and if he's also yet to get married wink

cheesy I would have love to, I even proposed to him, heheheheheheheheh but he simply wants us as online best of friends. It's cool anyways and we both laugh it off.

I think hes determined to marry a gurl in the UK, that's where he's based.

While I have recently shifted my heart to a nice cool younger man here in Lagos, who had a great biz and generous with funds as well .

It's not all helpers we are destined or suppose to marry. Some are simply angels sent from above in human skin.. smiley to soften our rough paths for us.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Nigeria To Abroad Stories Here by victorian(f): 9:18pm On Nov 11, 2019
Haryoureendey4:

cheesy I would have love to, I even proposed to him, heheheheheheheheh cos he never says no, whenever I ask for money. Na pounds straight up! cheesy
I'm really surprised about him. His kind, I never see cheesy And we've not met, and we have no plans of meeting each other.

Well he simply wants us as online best of friends. It's cool anyways and we both laugh it off, when I stylishly said its seem I'm the one u will marry o. cheesy

I think hes determined to marry a gurl in the UK, that's where he's based.

While I have recently shifted my heart to a nice cool younger man here in Lagos, who has a great biz and generous with funds as well . This one shuttles US and naija and my new man is based here. We even look alike.. Lol. It's all good jare. God knows best.

It's not all helpers we are destined or suppose to marry. Some are simply angels sent from above in human skin.. smiley to soften our rough paths for us.

5 Likes

Re: Share Your Nigeria To Abroad Stories Here by ozonechrome: 9:56pm On Nov 11, 2019
Re: Share Your Nigeria To Abroad Stories Here by ozonechrome: 9:56pm On Nov 11, 2019
jmanity:

Please how did you move? Is it express entry or student visa? Is there a thread for Australian express entry? Kindly reply, please anyone that knows should reply me thanks.

https://www.nairaland.com/4478747/diy-guide-australian-permanent-resident
Re: Share Your Nigeria To Abroad Stories Here by Bioles1187(m): 10:28pm On Nov 11, 2019
Re: Share Your Nigeria To Abroad Stories Here by ojonugway(m): 10:56am On Nov 12, 2019
victorian:

It's not easy truly over there.

But abroad, u work hard, get paid well or averagely depending on your skills and enjoy your money in peace and harmony with better saving for account While in nigeria, u work your assz of for peanuts. If it's biz u own, it's either u are struggling with your clients to pay their balance and running after them upandan to pay up or Put them for serious prayer and fasting make God touch their mind not to be deliberately wicked and hold down your money or God should open financial doors for them and they pay up. cheesy. Mean it's that bad. Or you work for a company and don't get paid at the end of some months.

Nigeria can be that frustrating to people who are skilled and know what they are doing to satisfy customers wants and desires.

Abeg it's better working abroad than to come back, struggle and still suffer another round of suffering before one is paid peanuts!

The truth is, surviving in Nigeria is hard...after graduating you'll either end up unemployed or under employed

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

See The Current State Of Construction Work At The Oshodi-airport Road (PHOTOS) / 11 Things Only Nigerians Will Think Are Funny / 14 Passengers Die In Accident On Lokoja-Obajana Road (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 145
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.