Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,742 members, 7,802,263 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:44 AM

How Samsung Is Taking Over The Nigerian Mid-range Smartphone Market - Phones (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How Samsung Is Taking Over The Nigerian Mid-range Smartphone Market (27962 Views)

Samsung Is Killing It With Innovation!! Check Out The New Crazy Galaxy A80!! / How Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus Beats Iphone X / Xiaomi Redmi 5 Review: A Worthy Mid-range Smartphone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Samsung Is Taking Over The Nigerian Mid-range Smartphone Market by livebyday(m): 10:47am On Nov 02, 2019
[s]
edoairways:

Which Nigerians are you referring to? You mean those wealthy ones that make up 2% of the population or those into dubious means?.
[/s]

The narative of "Samsung and other phones are for the rich has been over used and no more effective"

Transsion phones are as expensive as the others

Samsung ,Nokia , Xaomi and others have phones as cheap as and even cheaper than tecno and infinix but the main difference is that tecno ,infinix and itel make fake poor quality phones

Transsion has lost major market share and will be dominated entirely by these brands before the next two quarters

Every cycle comes to a close , this is it for transsion, I just hope they have other businesses other than synix to fall back on grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Samsung Is Taking Over The Nigerian Mid-range Smartphone Market by LOGOBELT: 10:47am On Nov 02, 2019
Kingmathers:

Same here buddy... Same here. Windows10 just has a place in my heart, though I know it's time to move on
yeah its time is near, but we will miss it alot cry
Re: How Samsung Is Taking Over The Nigerian Mid-range Smartphone Market by Ramanto(m): 10:49am On Nov 02, 2019
ominilongest:
o boy I just get one Samsung s7 d camera beats canon 12 or 24 or whatever damn Samsung is bae grin
How much please
Re: How Samsung Is Taking Over The Nigerian Mid-range Smartphone Market by Ramanto(m): 10:49am On Nov 02, 2019
ominilongest:
o boy I just get one Samsung s7 d camera beats canon 12 or 24 or whatever damn Samsung is bae grin
How much please
Re: How Samsung Is Taking Over The Nigerian Mid-range Smartphone Market by edoairways: 10:54am On Nov 02, 2019
livebyday:
[s][/s]

The narative of "Samsung and other phones are for the rich has been over used and no more effective"

Transsion phones are as expensive as the others

Samsung ,Nokia , Xaomi and others have phones as cheap as and even cheaper than tecno and infinix but the main difference is that tecno ,infinix and itel make fake poor quality phones

Transsion has lost major market share and will be dominated entirely by these brands before the next two quarters

Every cycle comes to a close , this is it for transsion, I just hope they have other businesses other than synix to fall back on grin
Samsung can not dominate the market because customers are price sensitive over here. Samsung may be targeting mid range phones but they forget that low income earners are there to deal with. They constitute the largest numbers of customers in Nigeria
Re: How Samsung Is Taking Over The Nigerian Mid-range Smartphone Market by livebyday(m): 10:58am On Nov 02, 2019
[s]
edoairways:

Samsung can not dominate the market because customers are price sensitive over here. Samsung may be targeting mid range phones but they forget that low income earners are there to deal with. They constitute the largest numbers of customers in Nigeria
[/s]

Your points are merely conjecture and emotional

Sit back and watch the market erode till nothing

Good bye transsion

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Samsung Is Taking Over The Nigerian Mid-range Smartphone Market by jeff1607(m): 11:03am On Nov 02, 2019
same Samsung users that cry when the screen or a part of the device stop to function properly because they can't afford fixing it

check out ads here they always want to swap when they notice overheating, lines or cracks on the screens
Re: How Samsung Is Taking Over The Nigerian Mid-range Smartphone Market by ominilongest(m): 11:04am On Nov 02, 2019
Ramanto:

How much please
37k dual sim

1 Like

Re: How Samsung Is Taking Over The Nigerian Mid-range Smartphone Market by edoairways: 11:09am On Nov 02, 2019
livebyday:
[s][/s]

Your points are merely conjecture and emotional

Sit back and watch the market erode till nothing

Good bye transsion

I have studied the market so I know what am saying. The only thing that might change is tecno changing it's strategy as a result of competition but Samsung topping the market is not possible
Disclaimer: I don't work with tecno,itel or infinix.
Re: How Samsung Is Taking Over The Nigerian Mid-range Smartphone Market by livebyday(m): 11:23am On Nov 02, 2019
edoairways:

I have studied the market so I know what am saying. The only thing that might change is tecno changing it's strategy as a result of competition but Samsung topping the market is not possible
Disclaimer: I don't work with tecno,itel or infinix.

I don't know what you consider "studying the market to mean" but if you did and yet you say Transsion isn't finished in the smart phone market then I can boldly state you are lying or don't know what a market study means

Cheers
Re: How Samsung Is Taking Over The Nigerian Mid-range Smartphone Market by baratech: 11:31am On Nov 02, 2019
Is this your opinion, or you have statistics to back it up?
Re: How Samsung Is Taking Over The Nigerian Mid-range Smartphone Market by CrownPrincehawk(m): 11:53am On Nov 02, 2019
My 2016 Samsung with 1.5gb and 2600 battery capacity is beating My latest infinix with 2gb and 4000 battery. A 50k samsung can kill any infinix, tecno, itel and others.
Re: How Samsung Is Taking Over The Nigerian Mid-range Smartphone Market by kay29000(m): 12:00pm On Nov 02, 2019
Opistorincos:
No be only take over, na take under. Have you seen the number of people using Xiaomi phones?

Present sir. I just bought the Redmi Go as a second phone, and boy, for the price (25k) it is worth every kobo. Sweet phone.
Re: How Samsung Is Taking Over The Nigerian Mid-range Smartphone Market by kay29000(m): 12:02pm On Nov 02, 2019
AgreatMan:
Tecno was not bad until they got overconfident and greedy and started making phones of over 100k grin

EXACTLY!!! The thing shock me when I start to dey see expensive overheating Tecno phones. Even 80k Tecno is too expensive. TECNO O!
Re: How Samsung Is Taking Over The Nigerian Mid-range Smartphone Market by iPresh4s(m): 12:03pm On Nov 02, 2019
Huawei
Oppo
Xiaomi
Vivo

These are the brands we should be commending for giving Samsung and Apple heat.

Talk about Value for Money
Re: How Samsung Is Taking Over The Nigerian Mid-range Smartphone Market by asamaigho(m): 12:05pm On Nov 02, 2019
ityP:
Xiaomi is actually going to do more exploits than Samsung in Naija. The number of people switching to Xiaomi is alarming

xiaomi or nothing.

2 Likes

Re: How Samsung Is Taking Over The Nigerian Mid-range Smartphone Market by importantperson: 12:09pm On Nov 02, 2019
9jayes:
I have never for once used Tecno, either LG, Samsung or iPhone.
Nairaland should create a VIP Section for IPhone and Samsung users like us, mixing us with Itel, Techno & Infinix users is not fair at all.�����

Btw, I buy and sell all kinds of funds at a juicy rate see my signature.

Pls buy for me.
Re: How Samsung Is Taking Over The Nigerian Mid-range Smartphone Market by AgreatMan: 12:17pm On Nov 02, 2019
kay29000:

EXACTLY!!! The thing shock me when I start to dey see expensive overheating Tecno phones. Even 80k Tecno is too expensive. TECNO O!

Boss, I just burst laugh the day I first see say Tecno too dey sell phone enter 100k. I dey craze wey I go buy am?

1 Like

Re: How Samsung Is Taking Over The Nigerian Mid-range Smartphone Market by ajericho(m): 12:18pm On Nov 02, 2019
Pls guys,is Samsung a20 different from a20s?
Re: How Samsung Is Taking Over The Nigerian Mid-range Smartphone Market by wildlife9999(m): 12:19pm On Nov 02, 2019
you haven't heard about Honor is better than iPhone. but not yet in Nigeria
Re: How Samsung Is Taking Over The Nigerian Mid-range Smartphone Market by Nobody: 12:19pm On Nov 02, 2019
Nobody is talking about Gionee again...

That is not fair undecided

Gionee A1 right now cry
Re: How Samsung Is Taking Over The Nigerian Mid-range Smartphone Market by kay29000(m): 12:24pm On Nov 02, 2019
AgreatMan:

Boss, I just burst laugh the day I first see say Tecno too dey sell phone enter 100k. I dey craze wey I go buy am?

grin grin
Re: How Samsung Is Taking Over The Nigerian Mid-range Smartphone Market by kay29000(m): 12:25pm On Nov 02, 2019
eni4real:
Nobody is talking about Gionee again...

That is not fair undecided

Gionee A1 right now cry

cheesy grin grin

Xiaomi ti take over.
Re: How Samsung Is Taking Over The Nigerian Mid-range Smartphone Market by ChocolateHigh: 12:29pm On Nov 02, 2019
LOGOBELT:
That's why I love Samsung but I no wan leave my Windows 10 mobile phone undecided

Meanwhile, is your Laptop faulty? Let's fix it for you. Do you need Laptop Chargers/Adapter or Cables? We sell. Check my signature for contact
what brand of window 10 do you use?and does it still run Facebook and other social media ?I
I wan buy if..
Re: How Samsung Is Taking Over The Nigerian Mid-range Smartphone Market by LOGOBELT: 12:38pm On Nov 02, 2019
ChocolateHigh:
what brand of window 10 do you use?and does it still run Facebook and other social media ?I
I wan buy if..
my WhatsApp is still working perfectly, I access Facebook and every other social media using Microsoft Edge, its Windows 10 mobile, but to be candid, WhatsApp is leaving Windows 10 mobile 31/12/2019, WhatsApp is my only challenge
Re: How Samsung Is Taking Over The Nigerian Mid-range Smartphone Market by Nobody: 12:39pm On Nov 02, 2019
kay29000:

cheesy grin grin

Xiaomi ti take over.
cry cry cry

1 Like

Re: How Samsung Is Taking Over The Nigerian Mid-range Smartphone Market by ChocolateHigh: 12:42pm On Nov 02, 2019
LOGOBELT:
my WhatsApp is still working perfectly, I access Facebook and every other social media using Microsoft Edge, its Windows 10 mobile, but to be candid, WhatsApp is leaving Windows 10 mobile 31/12/2019, WhatsApp is my only challenge
I still wan buy new Lumia 950xl if still available, but don't know if it wil still come with those features
Re: How Samsung Is Taking Over The Nigerian Mid-range Smartphone Market by partnerbizn5(m): 12:43pm On Nov 02, 2019
iammo:

Samsung is ten times better than the fake ass tecno and infinix fraudsters, techno and infinix makers need to be prosecuted by SON for scamming people... thier phones are preloaded with harmfull softwares that makes the phone run very slow after some months, or the board just packoff without any excuse

harmful software, how ?
Re: How Samsung Is Taking Over The Nigerian Mid-range Smartphone Market by LOGOBELT: 12:46pm On Nov 02, 2019
ChocolateHigh:
I still wan buy new Lumia 950xl if still available, but don't know if it wil still come with those features
Oh! Mine is Lumia 950, Lumia 950xl should have all the features but you need to download updates, you must get better sub sha cool

1 Like

Re: How Samsung Is Taking Over The Nigerian Mid-range Smartphone Market by Tedsart(m): 12:48pm On Nov 02, 2019
Ntel phones are better of than Nokia. Their Nova brands are superb. I didn't say Itel. Read again.
Re: How Samsung Is Taking Over The Nigerian Mid-range Smartphone Market by NaijaTechGuy(m): 12:56pm On Nov 02, 2019
Tedsart:
Ntel phones are better of than Nokia. Their Nova brands are superb. I didn't say Itel. Read again.

You said what shocked

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Samsung Is Taking Over The Nigerian Mid-range Smartphone Market by kay29000(m): 1:26pm On Nov 02, 2019

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Facebook To Delete Your Synced Photos By July 7th - See Why / Get Etisalat Data Plan.. 2gb For N2000 / Recommemded Ucbrowser Add-ons To Download

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.