Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,242 members, 7,807,820 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:52 PM

Air Peace Review - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Air Peace Review (1435 Views)

Air Peace Acquires Boeing B777-200 Aircraft; Sets New Record / Cows At Akure Airport Prevent Air Peace From Landing. Fayose, FFK React / Robbers Attack Air Peace Aircraft While Taxiing To Take Off At Lagos Airp (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Air Peace Review by naija2(f): 9:45pm On Nov 01, 2019
Few months ago, Air peace started international travels to Dubai. There have been mixed reactions from people concerning the airplane and I decided to try my luck out with it to Dubai. The flight was to leave Nigeria at 6:00 pm today Nigeria time. I got there at 3pm. There weren’t any form of organization in terms of checking in. So many shouting from passangers and the service providers. I was able to move pass that point very early due to some help I had. I moved straight to the boarding point and at 6:00 on the dot, we were told to board and I thought we finally had a competition with the likes of Qatar and Emirate. Boy! Was I wrong. We all settled in he plane, had good hostess services and I was impressed. Thirty minutes passed and still nothing( they might be putting in some final touches I think). An hour passed and the plane was starting to get hot as the air conditioning has been put off and trust Nigerians, they started to complain. Shouting and complains started and the hostesses tried their best to calm everybody. So many assumptions were being thrown around. At that point, the pilot announced that they will delay us for 20 minutes more and they are really sorry for the inconveniences. Passengers started talking and concluded that the airplane was trying to load more passengers which wasn’t right. At this point the heat was starting to get unbearable and the people started using the plane manuals as hand fans. Water was served to help with dehydration and still no movement. Despite the situation, Nigerians still managed to crack jokes. A passnagee said everybody should not finish the water now because we aren’t sure if we would get water when the plane is airborne. After 2 hours of waiting in a hot plane, we were told to disembark and wait at the terminal. Trust people, more grumbling on the bad services rendered. At this point, the only information given right from the biginning were what we were still holding on to. Which was that they were experiencing some operational issues. Going to an extra two hours now, we are still at the terminal waiting to know when we will be called to get back on the plane and down to our destination. Refreshment was served now and we hope things work out soon for us.
I will update on what happened next soon enough.
Re: Air Peace Review by delishpot: 9:54pm On Nov 01, 2019
We dey wait you
Re: Air Peace Review by Nobody: 9:58pm On Nov 01, 2019
Eyah! pele. We would get there someday sha.
Re: Air Peace Review by Nobody: 11:44pm On Nov 01, 2019
Never used a Nigerian airline on international route and not sure I will ever use one.

1 Like

Re: Air Peace Review by Cyberknight: 8:56am On Nov 02, 2019
Jarus:
Never used a Nigerian airline on international route and not sure I will ever use one.

As much as we'd like to buy Nigerian, its simply not possible when it comes to international flights these days.
Re: Air Peace Review by davodyguy: 8:36pm On Nov 02, 2019
Cyberknight:

As much as we'd like to buy Nigerian, its simply not possible when it comes to international flights these days.
Its a risk traveling abroad with any Nigerian Airline being operated by Nigerians.

May God bless us, the last two African airlines I used are ET and SAA. But I'm done with anything Africa over safety concern.

From 2017 to date, it's being Emirates. Although very expensive, but it makes a lot of sense.

We returned from Auckland in September, instead of using SAA, we used Emirates' A380 which meant we spent the longest hours in the air in the world on Dubai to Auckland (17 hours)
Re: Air Peace Review by IamR: 9:25pm On Nov 02, 2019
Not a good experience.

(1) (Reply)

Travelling By Road To Egypt. / All You Need To Know Visiting OMU RESORT! / How Much Will It Cost Me To Relocate To Luxembourg Or Australia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.