Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,327 members, 7,808,103 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:16 AM

Google Inc Acquire Fitbit For $2.1billion USD - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Google Inc Acquire Fitbit For $2.1billion USD (17058 Views)

Gates Foundation Commits $2.1billion To Advance Gender Equality Globally / China To Provide 85% Funding For $2.8 Billion AKK Gas Pipeline Project / The Secret Revealed: 1 NGN Can Equate 1 USD If Nigerian Government Can Do This. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Google Inc Acquire Fitbit For $2.1billion USD by LegoxMetahuman: 7:37am On Nov 02, 2019
johnmattew:
keep dreaming......ggole just allowed apple to monopolise the smart watch cos many westerners hate Google like the way they hate Facebook
westerners hate google? ok shocked shocked grin grin
Re: Google Inc Acquire Fitbit For $2.1billion USD by johnmattew: 7:37am On Nov 02, 2019
among all the listed above acquisitions made by Google ,it's only android,YouTube and deepminds that exist...others are dead and buried,except Waze that's partially dead

1 Like

Re: Google Inc Acquire Fitbit For $2.1billion USD by johnmattew: 7:38am On Nov 02, 2019
LegoxMetahuman:
westerners hate google? ok shocked shocked grin grin
u really don't know the tech world,do u?

Amazon, Facebook and Google are the most hated big tech companies in Western world....they have monopolised their services to the extent that their users and haters find it difficult to leave
Re: Google Inc Acquire Fitbit For $2.1billion USD by Nobody: 7:39am On Nov 02, 2019
Good one
Re: Google Inc Acquire Fitbit For $2.1billion USD by Afonja007: 7:40am On Nov 02, 2019
mrblayze:
More ways to track our locations. smiley
are you important personal? This one your afraid they will track you is like your a genius
Re: Google Inc Acquire Fitbit For $2.1billion USD by WarriAproko: 7:40am On Nov 02, 2019
iammo:

tongue

By the time Zuckerberg and Facebook lunches thier cryptocurrency lira, google would bow to them .. in this tech war battle of supremacy, i see Zucks beating them at Google

not as Google still remains the search king

2 Likes

Re: Google Inc Acquire Fitbit For $2.1billion USD by qanda: 7:40am On Nov 02, 2019
Re: Google Inc Acquire Fitbit For $2.1billion USD by udemzyudex(m): 7:40am On Nov 02, 2019
johnmattew:
keep dreaming......ggole just allowed apple to monopolise the smart watch cos many westerners hate Google like the way they hate Facebook

Keep posting nonsense here ok, how many westerners? Cos if they do they won't be using Google , anything Google.
Re: Google Inc Acquire Fitbit For $2.1billion USD by Opexzy: 7:41am On Nov 02, 2019
iammo:

tongue

By the time Zuckerberg and Facebook lunches thier cryptocurrency lira, google would bow to them .. in this tech war battle of supremacy, i see Zucks beating them at Google

You definitely don't understand what you're saying...

2 Likes

Re: Google Inc Acquire Fitbit For $2.1billion USD by LegoxMetahuman: 7:46am On Nov 02, 2019
johnmattew:
u really don't know the tech world,do u?
dude.. im a tech head..

im 100% sure im more current than you do.

i will advise you to stop watching biased youtube channels that belongs to apple fanboys and wants you to believe apple is the main the main.
go and check os stats from western nations you know. you will see android dominating except in america and very few western eurporean countries where they lead marginally. which is understandable.

though i agree with you that apple watch monopolized the market because there is no alternative from android. but it's a monopoly that can be easily broken by google thanks to the fact that apple watch doesnt work with android. and android still controls over 70% of mobile os market.

one good watch that can rival apple watch. then apple watch is back to second.

the market is only waiting for someone like google to set the template and everyone starts copying and making it cheaper.
Re: Google Inc Acquire Fitbit For $2.1billion USD by AlphaStyles(m): 7:51am On Nov 02, 2019
Google just be buying everything but I actually like them what they buy they improve
Re: Google Inc Acquire Fitbit For $2.1billion USD by AlphaStyles(m): 7:54am On Nov 02, 2019
LegoxMetahuman:
dude.. im a tech head..

i will advise you to stop watching biased youtube channels that belongs to apple fanboys and wants you to believe apple is the main the main.
go and check os stats from western nations you know. you will see android dominating except in america and very few western eurporean countries where they lead marginally. which is understandable.

though i agree with you that apple watch monopolized the market because there is no alternative from android. but it's a monopoly that can be easily broken by google thanks to the fact that apple watch doesnt work with android. and android still controls over 90% of os market.

the market is only waiting for someone like google to set the template and everyone starts copying and making it cheaper.
leave that guy currently Android owns the market Android has surpassed Apple in terms marker value and if he loves apple so much he should go and use Safari browser and leave Google for Android USERS

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Google Inc Acquire Fitbit For $2.1billion USD by sonature1: 7:56am On Nov 02, 2019
I respect Google Inc. and Facebook.

From small websites that were built in the dormitory, they have become some of the biggest IT companies in the world.

Africans must embrace research and development

4 Likes

Re: Google Inc Acquire Fitbit For $2.1billion USD by sinkhole: 8:05am On Nov 02, 2019
angelEmade:
google the antichrist
acquiring everything like...
'we own the world'
then do your own and don't give it to them embarassed
Re: Google Inc Acquire Fitbit For $2.1billion USD by Queenlovely(f): 8:06am On Nov 02, 2019
johnmattew:
when last did Google send competitors to grace?...the reverse has been the case

Go and read your history books
Re: Google Inc Acquire Fitbit For $2.1billion USD by johnmattew: 8:27am On Nov 02, 2019
LegoxMetahuman:
dude.. im a tech head..

though i agree with you that apple watch monopolized the market because there is no alternative from android. but it's a monopoly that can be easily broken by google thanks to the fact that apple watch doesnt work with android. and android still controls over 70% of mobile os market.

from ur write up,unjust shut yourself...u clearly don't understand how tech world works....android controls 70 percent of smartphone Industry but iOS gulp 92 percent of smartphone profits..iPad also dominates the industry...same as Apple watch gulping 70 percent of smart watch profits......don't also forget apple store generate more revenue than google playstire despite Android owns 80 percent of smartphone markets

Google that failed with tablets,nest,nexus Chromebook,fi,soli,ara, glass,daydream,pixel tablet,cardboard etc is being expected by u to tackle Apple watch??...even Samsung galaxy gear couldn't match apple despite its success in smartphones

mind u,Google have made many versions of smart watches operating systems but failed and most Android OEMs neglected it.theur last attempt,wear is failed b4 chosing to acquire fitbits

bro,go to all major tech sites comments section,read that people are saying about Google acquiring fitbit.....u will be marvelled at how people are scared of Google

the major reason why rich Americans and Europeans will forever prefer apple hardwares is because of privacy,which google, Facebook and Amazon will never give.....microsift remains the only major company that is close to apple and that's why they are progressing faster than google, Amazon and Facebook

the last major hardwares Google acquired,HTC, Motorola, nest etc are already dead

name any successful service Google have offered since acquisition of android...there is a reason why google's GCP, Gsuite,inbox,wear os,chromebook etc are been neglected by corporate Americans and consumers

lest i forget,there is a reason why American government and agencies are serious probing and trying to break up google, Facebook and Amazon

1 Like

Re: Google Inc Acquire Fitbit For $2.1billion USD by Nobody: 8:28am On Nov 02, 2019
In the era of machine learning and AI. Google and Facebook continues to target companies that hold consumers data. Hmm
Re: Google Inc Acquire Fitbit For $2.1billion USD by johnmattew: 8:30am On Nov 02, 2019
onecoder:
In the era of machine learning and AI. Google and Facebook continues to target companies that hold consumers data. Hmm
that's the major reason why many westerners are avoiding new services from. Google,Amazon and Facebook
Re: Google Inc Acquire Fitbit For $2.1billion USD by DexterousOne(m): 8:34am On Nov 02, 2019
sonature1:
I respect Google Inc. and Facebook.

From small websites that were built in the dormitory, they have become some of the biggest IT companies in the world.

Africans must embrace research and development
Fact!

But most Nigerians/ Africans are mentally lazy rent seekers

So we may not see much of that in our lifetime
Re: Google Inc Acquire Fitbit For $2.1billion USD by daddytime(m): 8:35am On Nov 02, 2019
MicroBox:

If that is where you put your %, then you're definitely not part of the deal.

I no be greedy person na....afterall wet in be money...vanity upon vanity grin
Re: Google Inc Acquire Fitbit For $2.1billion USD by Nobody: 8:38am On Nov 02, 2019
They are just gonna mess Fitbit up now, it's time to dump Fitbit before they start selling off my health information like akara and moi-moi cool cool
Re: Google Inc Acquire Fitbit For $2.1billion USD by Kodjattson(m): 8:56am On Nov 02, 2019
The business world is a jungle.
Destroy your competition before they destroy you

Queenlovely:
Google again always acquiring even sending a competitive down the grave
Re: Google Inc Acquire Fitbit For $2.1billion USD by LegoxMetahuman: 9:02am On Nov 02, 2019
johnmattew:
from ur write up,unjust shut yourself...u clearly don't understand how tech world works....android controls 70 percent of smartphone Industry but iOS gulp 92 percent of smartphone profits..iPad also dominates the industry...same as Apple watch gulping 70 percent of smart watch profits......don't also forget apple store generate more revenue than google playstire despite Android owns 80 percent of smartphone markets

Google that failed with tablets,nest,nexus Chromebook,fi,soli,ara, glass,daydream,pixel tablet,cardboard etc is being expected by u to tackle Apple watch??...even Samsung galaxy gear couldn't match apple despite its success in smartphones

mind u,Google have made many versions of smart watches operating systems but failed and most Android OEMs neglected it.theur last attempt,wear is failed b4 chosing to acquire fitbits

bro,go to all major tech sites comments section,read that people are saying about Google acquiring fitbit.....u will be marvelled at how people are scared of Google

the last major hardwares Google acquired,HTC, Motorola, nest etc are already dead

name any successful service Google have offered since acquisition of android
so i should take comments from apple fanboys on apple fanboy channel as the real deal? no i deal with stat.

looks like you are having a hard time comprehending your own argument.

you said westerners hate google and facebook. i showed you google is the most used in 95% of western nations.
the only western nation where apple has marginal control of the market is america. and we know all know why.
countries like spain, germany, france england etc are all for android.

facebook doesnt even have competition and they have bought over all other competition that might be threat to them.

now you shifted to apple having 92% smartphone profit without admitting that you were wrong. which made me engage you in the first place.
if that has been premise of your argument, i would have ignored you.
Re: Google Inc Acquire Fitbit For $2.1billion USD by Revolva(m): 9:05am On Nov 02, 2019
google rule the world
Re: Google Inc Acquire Fitbit For $2.1billion USD by johnmattew: 9:16am On Nov 02, 2019
LegoxMetahuman:
so i should take comments from apple fanboys on apple fanboy channel as the real deal? no i deal with stat.

looks like you are having a hard time comprehending your own argument.

you said westerners hate google and facebook. i showed you google is the most used in 95% of western nations.
the only western nation where apple has marginal control of the market is america. and we know all know why.
countries like spain, germany, france england etc are all for android.

facebook doesnt even have competition and they have bought over all other competition that might be threat to them.

now you shifted to apple having 92% smartphone profit without admitting that you were wrong. which made me engage you in the first place.
if that has been premise of your argument, i would have ignored you.
so u didn't notice where I said many westerners that hate Google and Facebook find it difficult leaving their services because of their monopolistic nature and very easy to neglect their new services like libra,calibra,chrome os,stadia,duo,Allo etc?

u are clearly a notice in tech world
Re: Google Inc Acquire Fitbit For $2.1billion USD by LegoxMetahuman: 9:19am On Nov 02, 2019
@ johnmattew

now lemme address your new argument real quick.

1, if google is the only company making android smartphone and they have 76 % of the market in a market of over 4billion smartphone users, you know what that would mean interms of profit right?

2, you talked about failed project. which company doesnt have failed project? do apple not have failed apple homepod or apple wireless charger that didnt even see the light of day or what about butterfly key switches grin?

google is a software company. it only sets hardware templates for real hardware companies to follow for their software integration. they only need to build a good watch and make a perfect software. then the likes of Samsung which is hardware company to take it up from there.
most of their failed hardware products are usually products no one asked for but anyone can take it up and install their software on it.

3, wrong, google didnt acquire motorola, lenovo did. motorola still have marginal share in smartphone market shares.
htc contributes largely to pixel phones.

google and facebook are american companies, no matter the probe, american government will still protect them.
Re: Google Inc Acquire Fitbit For $2.1billion USD by LegoxMetahuman: 9:27am On Nov 02, 2019
johnmattew:
so u didn't notice where I said many westerners that hate Google and Facebook find it difficult leaving their services because of their monopolistic nature and very easy to neglect their new services like libra,calibra, chrome os,stadia,duo,Allo etc?

u are clearly a notice in tech world
nope you didnt say that. they are monopolistic because people are comfortable with them.
and people hate leaving their comfort zone but love to bash it cos they feel it should somehow be better.

and nope, people didnt use those products because there are better alternatives. and like i said, people hate leaving their comfort zone.

-why libra when there is already bitcoin
-why chrome os when there is window and linux?
-why stadia (though yet to launch and have potentiential to become really successful if they can achieve the negative latency they are talking about) when there is steam, gog, epic games. etc
-why allo when there is whatsapp, etc

thats why apple tv will likely fail cos netflix is already way ahead of them.
just like apple map, siri etc failed.
Re: Google Inc Acquire Fitbit For $2.1billion USD by Bahddo(m): 9:30am On Nov 02, 2019
Google come and buy my future startup o.
Re: Google Inc Acquire Fitbit For $2.1billion USD by nengibo: 10:18am On Nov 02, 2019
Nairaland be like "God when?"
Re: Google Inc Acquire Fitbit For $2.1billion USD by maximunimpact(m): 10:19am On Nov 02, 2019
angelEmade:
google the antichrist
acquiring everything like...
'we own the world'

Carry your stupid religion comot for here
Re: Google Inc Acquire Fitbit For $2.1billion USD by landforeast(m): 10:24am On Nov 02, 2019
iammo:

tongue

Suck still dey learn
Anyway Google comes up with a socia network that will give Facebook a run for its money that day will be the burial day of Facebook and it's sister insta
Re: Google Inc Acquire Fitbit For $2.1billion USD by mikkywebs(m): 10:33am On Nov 02, 2019
You too can tap your own here in Nigeria, never wake up a day to get back to sleep in the evening without making at least N10,000. Checkout my proof in the link below.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fidelity Bank To Buy Union Bank UK / 10 Powerful Tips To Note When Starting A Photography Business / Naira Gains Momentum, Closes At 390/dollar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.