Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,425 members, 7,800,935 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 09:08 AM

The Family That Control Big Stake In Lagos And Nigeria - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Family That Control Big Stake In Lagos And Nigeria (8378 Views)

Under Peter Obi Anambra among 7 States That Control 90% Transactions In Nigeria / 2023: Kwankwaso, Obi Raise Stake In NNPP, LP Threaten APC, PDP / Meet 13 Families That Control The World, Number 5 will shock you. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Family That Control Big Stake In Lagos And Nigeria by leokid866: 2:04pm On Nov 02, 2019
This is just one of many.....if only you knew what we have in Lagos.
Re: The Family That Control Big Stake In Lagos And Nigeria by Minenaira: 2:05pm On Nov 02, 2019
BeautifulMind2:

Imagine if it was Igbo name, this thread would be in 4th page by now, when the OP asked no black man in the board of directors, read the mod response, imagine if it was Igbo family and no Yoruba on the board imagine what would have been their response, same people justify when they force Yoruba leader in Igbo dominated markets, see how they are silent here grin the Eko Atlantic city funding 100% by same Chagoury Group, their first cutting edge building was acquired by Igbo man Afren Tower 1, it now been use by Slavic Petroleum as head office, Salvic is owned by ABC Orjiakor, chairman Seplat plc, he was the first occupant in the ATC.

Maybe you don't know??
Bella disu is richer than all this audio company listed

1 Like

Re: The Family That Control Big Stake In Lagos And Nigeria by Minenaira: 2:07pm On Nov 02, 2019
horsepower101:
Notice how Chagoury group never suffer from archaic tribalistic policies meant to frustrate their businesses.

Just imagine if Chagoury family were Igbos.

It really sucks to live in a country where a non indigene is given more opportunities and special policies to succeed while those who literally built the country and played an active role in its independence are marginalized.

Why are you quoting yourself
Low self-esteem dey worry you
Re: The Family That Control Big Stake In Lagos And Nigeria by SHOPPERS(m): 2:10pm On Nov 02, 2019
Dangote has his stories too.

Abegii
Re: The Family That Control Big Stake In Lagos And Nigeria by Sensenan: 2:12pm On Nov 02, 2019
The Chagoury's has nationalized long time ago. Their children's were all born and bread here in Nigeria so what's you people's problem.
Re: The Family That Control Big Stake In Lagos And Nigeria by Minenaira: 2:22pm On Nov 02, 2019
The fvcking op called tundebricklayer can't provide for his family
But defending another man wealth I pity your parent sha
Re: The Family That Control Big Stake In Lagos And Nigeria by Iamgrey5(m): 2:22pm On Nov 02, 2019
Minenaira:

Funny you
You are switching from one account to another
I thought I was the only one that know the op to well.

I was wondering the intention behind this thread because I know op is a well known bigot.

So I wasn't surprised he had to revert to his usual tactics

Hence, @Op and his numerous accounts.

Notice how Labenese are not invading this thread to claim they own Lagos or how lagos is no man's land.

And shouting Labenese Kwanu all over the thread, while calling Yorubas lazy simply because they don't have time for small talk.

The man even preferred to referred to as a Nigerian business man.

That is how igbos should behave whenever any of them find themselves in a similar position and we will all be fine.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Family That Control Big Stake In Lagos And Nigeria by Minenaira: 2:28pm On Nov 02, 2019
Yoruba man acquire forte oil for 250million dollars
That amount alone will buy abagrin and collect change

1 Like

Re: The Family That Control Big Stake In Lagos And Nigeria by Nobody: 2:43pm On Nov 02, 2019
TundeBricklayer:
I thought Hitech construction company was own by Tinubu, I just realized it's owned by Chagoury family, even Eko Atlantic city, Covention center, Tin can, Eko hotel, they also control large stake in GTB
Tinubu business partner. Why do you think they get all the contracts in Lagos.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Family That Control Big Stake In Lagos And Nigeria by Harlem2(m): 2:54pm On Nov 02, 2019
Iamgrey5:

I was wondering the intention behind this thread because I know op is a well known bigot.

Notice how Labenese are not invading this thread to claim the own Lagos or how lagos is no man's land.

And shouting Labenese Kwanu all over the thread, while calling Yorubas lazy simply because they don't have time for small talk.

That is how igbos should behave whenever any of them find themselves in a similar position and we will be fine.

Wetin concern Lebanese with tribalism
Just like sending Arabians club owner away from England
Re: The Family That Control Big Stake In Lagos And Nigeria by NGpatriot: 3:19pm On Nov 02, 2019
These guys are Nigerians and they've invested more money and created more jobs for many Nigerians than the looting and stealing corrupt public officials you love, support and don't talk about.

Ekweremadu, a public official from enugu with no history of any private business or enterprise is the owner of dozens of mansions all over the world, he did not invest his looted funds anywhere in Nigeria or enugu, he did not create any job I'm enugu with your looted funds, he is right there under your nose, but as usual, you leave the cancer under your skin to take needless Panadol for other people's issues in Lagos.

You just sit their and hate and stay bitter 365 days a year while other people progress and you backslide with useless and corrupt village leaders.

Sad.

2 Likes

Re: The Family That Control Big Stake In Lagos And Nigeria by Anambralstson: 3:27pm On Nov 02, 2019
NGpatriot:
These guys are Nigerians and they've invested more money and created more jobs for many Nigerians than the looting and stealing corrupt public officials you love, support and don't talk about.

Ekweremadu, a public official from enugu with no history of any private business or enterprise is the owner of dozens of mansions all over the world, he did not invest his looted funds anywhere in Nigeria or enugu, he did not create any job I'm enugu with your looted funds, he is right there under your nose, but as usual, you leave the cancer under your skin to take needless Panadol for other people's issues in Lagos.

You just sit their and hate and stay bitter 365 days a year while other people progress and you backslide with useless and corrupt village leaders.

Sad.
Why not use Tinubu

2 Likes

Re: The Family That Control Big Stake In Lagos And Nigeria by NGpatriot: 3:35pm On Nov 02, 2019
Anambralstson:

Why not use Tinubu

It did not take long for the Tinubu fixated and obsessed ass chasers to cry for Tinubu.

What about Tinubu? Is he a public official?

Was he the owner of mansions all over the world when he was a public official.

Tinubu is not your governor, he's not your senator, he's not your minister amd he's not responsible for your life or if you eat gari or akpu and he's definitely not responsible for lining you up on the side of the road for gallon of kerosene.

6 Likes

Re: The Family That Control Big Stake In Lagos And Nigeria by Gerrard59(m): 3:41pm On Nov 02, 2019
There are many like them (Indians, Lebanese and Israelis). The Chinese are the new kids on the block.

-Vaswani Brothers
- Folks behind Olam Group. They have a huge presence in emerging markets compared to say Louis Drefyus or Bunge Inc. Olam was founded in Nigeria precisely Kaduna state.
- Tolaram Group (makers of Indomie)
- Stallion Group
- TGI Group which is partly owned by Indians and the other by Germans. Hitherto, they owned House of Chi, which is owned by The Coca-Cola Company.
- Agritech
- Zaratech
- Niyya Farms. Makers of Farm Pride yoghurt.
- Draju, makers of MYMY which African Capital Alliance invested. Owned by Indians.
- And many other companies I have no idea of.

If for anything, I applaud them for their tenacity, patience and focus on the long term. Another admirable feature is their reticence. Their children attend top schools in Nigeria for their elementary education. Grange Schools, BIS, Loyola Jesuit College, Atlantic Hall, Ambassadors College (owned by Seun Osewa's family) etc. One, a Pakistani, awarded my sister for her academic feat as he was the special guest of honour. Not surprising as his son attends the school. After studies here, they get shipped overseas and return to manage the family's business. Which brings forth another point: their succession plan is fantastic! As they aren't publicly quoted, they avoid undue publicity which provides them with the opportunity to plan long-term and structure the firm properly. Yet another point is that they invest in the real sector. Sector that the vast majority of Nigerians patronise. Although, Eko Atlantic City is a gigantic project for the wealthy, their construction services touch everyone. They aren't into tech (I stand to be corrected) when Internet is expensive and the vast majority of Nigerians are poor to patronise those services.

I recall a video where an investor into western FMCG companies was worried how come the population increase in Nigeria didn't correlate into sales by these firms. An experiment was conducted to know what Nigerians purchase and the result was that Nigerians are price sensitive and what they purchased were substitutes which were dirt cheap. Guess what? These products were produced by firms owned by the Indians, Lebanese, Chinese etc.

To know more about their activities, please read these books by McKinsey staff:

- Africa's business revolution: How to succeed in the next world's growth market.
- The next factory of the world. How Chinese investment is reshaping Africa.

To know how it affects us, read The Prosperity Paradox.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Family That Control Big Stake In Lagos And Nigeria by Minenaira: 3:42pm On Nov 02, 2019
Anambralstson:

Why not use Tinubu

You have switch your original moniker
grin grin
Olodo

2 Likes

Re: The Family That Control Big Stake In Lagos And Nigeria by Minenaira: 3:46pm On Nov 02, 2019
Anambralstson:

Why not use Tinubu

What happen to your father name

2 Likes

Re: The Family That Control Big Stake In Lagos And Nigeria by Minenaira: 4:00pm On Nov 02, 2019
They will create different account and start replying themselves
grin grin
Re: The Family That Control Big Stake In Lagos And Nigeria by sylvez(m): 4:29pm On Nov 02, 2019
TundeBricklayer:

Ok, so no single black man in their board grin

Them no won dirty their white board....
You can't come and be using charcoal to write on their fine white board.

Go and look for a white chalk to write on your black board....that is if you have board at all!!!

1 Like

Re: The Family That Control Big Stake In Lagos And Nigeria by googi: 4:57pm On Nov 02, 2019
If you look at the root of our economic problems in Nigeria, it is not different from that in other African countries.

Mainly, we think white skin or anything close to it have better God given ability and capabilities to execute projects because they create low level jobs which is better than nothing.

It is the same slave mentality which we rejected politically to obtain Independence. Unfortunately, vestiges of this mentality has gone viral in our head. We think only foreigners can deliver us so our affinity for imports and laziness to appreciate Ijebu or Okrika made is not surprising.

While still fighting for Independence, though dominated by Herbert Macauley, Adesanya, Bode Thomas in Lagos, Earnest Ikoli, Azikiwe, Awolowo, Enahoro and Aminu Kano were also nationalist champions not far behind.

The difference? At least in Lagos, you can trust the Hausa man for honesty and leave your life to him to watch, Igbo can be trusted for hard work and leave your business to him. Actually, at the expense of your own Yoruba man that fail to measure up.

What changed after getting Independence? We went back and replace our trust with anything foreign. If you are looking for money launderers, go to foreigners. If you want to execute projects, go for foreign contracts. If you want good products and services, go to Imports, EVEN USED ONES.

Chagoury is not our problems, they are only exploiting our greed at the expense of our country. Who loves Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: The Family That Control Big Stake In Lagos And Nigeria by 400billionman: 5:17pm On Nov 02, 2019
babasolution:

this people are mostly evil,do you know the deals they had with abacha?,they helped abacha launder billions of dollars and they are still involved with such deals,just recently a lebanese was caught in eko atlantic with billions of dollars to launder,these guys are sabotaging us,its high time africans woke up

Lol.

Someone who doesn't know what it takes to build a company.

Nah Dem.

So we should arrest Dem and deport them because they are rich non-Nigerians.
Re: The Family That Control Big Stake In Lagos And Nigeria by Kapilta(m): 5:29pm On Nov 02, 2019
Mynd44:

If he was born in Lagos, he is Nigerian.

actually, Nigeria don't offer citizenship by birth. Because you are born in Nigeria doesn't automatically make you a Nigerian.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Family That Control Big Stake In Lagos And Nigeria by Kapilta(m): 5:34pm On Nov 02, 2019
Iamgrey5:

Notice how Labenese are not invading this thread to claim they own Lagos or how lagos is no man's land.

That is how igbos should behave whenever any of them find themselves in a similar position and we will all be fine.

@bolded. That's how they do, there's this Indian running one major company in Naija before he had prob with fg and relocated to Dubai. Despite being Indian and England and Nigeria citizen, he always prefer using the Nigerian instead.
Re: The Family That Control Big Stake In Lagos And Nigeria by Kapilta(m): 5:36pm On Nov 02, 2019
TundeBricklayer:
I thought Hitech construction company was own by Tinubu, I just realized it's owned by Chagoury family, even Eko Atlantic city, Covention center, Tin can, Eko hotel, they also control large stake in GTB
Chagoury isn't the owner of Eko atlantic though even though it's their project. Lagos state govt have a huge stake in it couple with other indigenious estate companies. Stop being foolish.

2 Likes

Re: The Family That Control Big Stake In Lagos And Nigeria by ANSMEDIA: 6:42pm On Nov 02, 2019
Kapilta:
Chagoury isn't the owner of Eko atlantic though even though it's their project. Lagos state govt have a huge stake in it couple with other indigenious estate companies. Stop being foolish.
You are wrong

1 Like

Re: The Family That Control Big Stake In Lagos And Nigeria by rexwalters: 6:43pm On Nov 02, 2019
babasolution:
this family just they chop nigeria money quietly,building mansions in lebanon,the light as to be beamed on their activities,we cant have a foreign family controlling much of lagos wealth even if they were born in Nigeria
Shur up are you more Nigerian than them? Lazy Hypocrite.
Re: The Family That Control Big Stake In Lagos And Nigeria by Harlem2(m): 6:44pm On Nov 02, 2019
Kapilta:

Tell them ooo
Some people never see correct wealthy family in ijebu land

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Governors Okay Debt Reduction, Judicial, Legislature Autonomy / Fuel Scarcity Worsens, Abuja Black Marketers Sell For ₦350/Litre / FEC Allocates N759 Billion For Road Construction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.