Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,479 members, 7,808,748 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:14 PM

Fulani People - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Fulani People (20943 Views)

Who Are The Fulani People And Their Origins? / Why Do Yoruba Muslims & Hausa-fulani Muslims Not Inter-marry? / The Fulani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fulani People by tayolumi(f): 10:06pm On Nov 13, 2010
Re: Fulani People by Nobody: 10:08pm On Nov 13, 2010
They're prolly the best looking group of ppl in Nigeria. . . . after the Hausas.

But those two groups sabi violence sha lipsrsealed
Re: Fulani People by EzeUche0(m): 10:24pm On Nov 13, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

They're prolly the best looking group of ppl in Nigeria. . . . after the Hausas.

But those two groups sabi violence sha lipsrsealed

I think it is the Shuwa Arabs, Fulani, Kanuri and then Hausa.

These pictures of Fulani were probably taken of them in their homeland of Senegal.
Re: Fulani People by tayolumi(f): 10:26pm On Nov 13, 2010
^^The pictures were taken in Zazagawa, Kebbi, Nigeria.
Re: Fulani People by tpia5: 3:02am On Nov 14, 2010
nice photos.

flickr pictures are generally of very good quality.

hope the site stays that way.
Re: Fulani People by africhika(f): 3:30am On Nov 15, 2010
as a kid, i used to ask my mom to braid my hair like the fulanis

i love the way they style their hair

Re: Fulani People by africhika(f): 3:41am On Nov 15, 2010
[size=15pt]nigerians call them FULANI. but throughout west africa, they are also also known as: Fula, Haalpulaar, Peoul, Peulh, Futafula, Toucouleur, Fulbe,

Famous Fulani Fashion model, Katoucha Niane (she died in 2008), AKA "The Peul Princess".
Designer Yves Saint Laurent used her a lot and called her "his divine muse"[/size]

Re: Fulani People by InkedNerd(f): 3:47am On Nov 15, 2010
Hmmmm, I didn't know Katoucha was Fulani.
Re: Fulani People by iice(f): 11:33am On Nov 15, 2010
Gorgeous. . .

EzeUche0:

I think it is the Shuwa Arabs, Fulani, Kanuri and then Hausa.

I think so too
Re: Fulani People by tpia5: 5:33pm On Jun 15, 2011
this is a serious question and not intended to cause offence to anybody.

so, bear with me.

now, why is it that i've never in my life come across an ugly fulani?

i find this very puzzling.

do ugly members of the tribe get exiled to other tribes or something.

i dont know of any ethnicity in the world which has no ugly people, so maybe i'm missing something because it's simply not possible for a whole group of people to be 100 or even 90% good looking.

now, i'm not referring to the photos on this thread but real life fulanis, especially the nigerian ones. Atiku may be mixed, for those who want to bring him up.
Re: Fulani People by PAGAN9JA(m): 6:45pm On Jun 15, 2011
she is ugly. cool

Re: Fulani People by emofine(f): 10:50pm On Jun 15, 2011
Please PAGAN 9JA can you kindly edit and remove that image, not only is it inappropriate but it is highly grotesque.
Re: Fulani People by PAGAN9JA(m): 1:17am On Jun 16, 2011
but u guyz asked for it. u said there were no ugly Fulani at all. cool
Re: Fulani People by tpia5: 2:28am On Jun 16, 2011
^^how is that person fulani?

i dont get your point.

and yes, i asked the question and stated my reason for doing so.
Re: Fulani People by PAGAN9JA(m): 4:03am On Jun 16, 2011
hmm. mebe ur riight. it might not be a Fulani. i mist do sum research. kindly hav sum bread.
Re: Fulani People by tpia5: 4:05am On Jun 16, 2011
^^post a picture of bread nah, since you like offtopic.

ode.
Re: Fulani People by PAGAN9JA(m): 4:12am On Jun 16, 2011
this is Pain au Levain, a kinda French bread, me thinks.

Re: Fulani People by tpia5: 4:15am On Jun 16, 2011
^^stick it up that thing wink
Re: Fulani People by Nayah(f): 10:22am On Jun 16, 2011
Yes late Katoucha was from Guinea Conakry, she was from what Guinean people call "FUTA" a region where Fulanis are settled. But she was born and use to live in Senegal though. In my country we call them: FULBE and we got also a huge community of "Arabe Choa" in English Shuwa Arab, these people are so beautiful and full of grace.
Re: Fulani People by ezeagu(m): 12:49am On Jun 17, 2011
tpia@:

this is a serious question and not intended to cause offence to anybody.

so, bear with me.

now, why is it that i've never in my life come across an ugly fulani?

i find this very puzzling.

do ugly members of the tribe get exiled to other tribes or something.

i dont know of any ethnicity in the world which has no ugly people, so maybe i'm missing something because it's simply not possible for a whole group of people to be 100 or even 90% good looking.

now, i'm not referring to the photos on this thread but real life fulanis, especially the nigerian ones. Atiku may be mixed, for those who want to bring him up.

What is ugly is according to the person judging, many Nigerians see a straight nose and light toned skin and go crazy.
Re: Fulani People by tpia5: 12:59am On Jun 17, 2011
speaking of the ones i've seen personally.

cant remember any who werent good looking, though i could be wrong.

and many fulani arent really that light.
Re: Fulani People by ezeagu(m): 1:47am On Jun 17, 2011
And many Fulani don't look like the ones above. Those are stereotypical looks, but a lot of them in the Guinea (their homeland and where they are the dominant group) and the other far Western countries can look like southern Nigerians.

[center]

[img]http://4.bp..com/-tbTVcGzSlfw/TdkO598nebI/AAAAAAAAAEs/iBuLMEpB09U/s320/Diallo.jpg[/img][/center]

In short, just search for images under 'Diallo'.
Re: Fulani People by tpia5: 3:14am On Jun 17, 2011
^^many of the ones in guinea might be mixed. [including your first photo].

i think the original homeland is the senegambia, not guinea.

notice this 18th century fulani man:

same features as the modern day ones.
Re: Fulani People by Nayah(f): 11:05am On Jun 17, 2011
No they come from Sahara, and in Guinea the first tribe is Fulani so they can not come from Senegambia, there are Fulani from Senegal and Fulani from Guinea and they're not mixed at all.
Re: Fulani People by tpia5: 6:24pm On Jun 17, 2011
^^modern fulani as we know them today, emerged from the futa toro region of senegambia.
Re: Fulani People by Nayah(f): 6:48pm On Jun 17, 2011
Tpia you should read this
http://www.byhisgrace.cc/fulani/profile.htm

Plus you can find FUTA in Guinea and as I told you there are much more ( first tribe) than those in Senegambia which is more represented by Wolof people or LEBBU.
Re: Fulani People by Araboy(m): 1:13am On Jun 18, 2011
Yeah Fulani people are one of the most attractive African tribe and the great Islam  evangelists  they played a big role in the Islamization of big numbers of Africans  including  Yoruba under the Leadership  of Usman Dan Fodio (Emirat of Sokoto Nigeria ) and Elhaj Omar Tall (Fouta Senegal )  they waged a holy war in which they killed thousands of people
they live in big number in Guinea  Senegal ( Fouta Toro ) Mauritania Nigeria Cameroon Sudan
they are different from  others Senegambian tribes like  Wolof  Serer Mandingo and Lebu
As for Shuwa Arabs you find them only in Chad and Northern Nigeria especially in Borno state (Maidugri)
Re: Fulani People by tpia5: 1:31am On Jun 18, 2011
^islam in yorubaland preceded dan fodio.
Re: Fulani People by Araboy(m): 1:56am On Jun 18, 2011
Yeah you right Yoruba knew about Islam during the time of Mansa Musa of Mali through the Mali traders  but Dan Fodio has expanded the Islamization more during what he called "Jihad"

I m not Nigerian and never been to Nigeria but I am very versed in the history of west Africa in general  and from  
what I know The first Mosque was built in Oyo state in 1550 also the impact of Islam can be seen in Yoruba believe
language and culture and under Dan Fodio Islam reached further  Ekiti Lagos Ogun Ondo and Osun states
Re: Fulani People by tpia5: 2:10pm On Jun 18, 2011
^^oh, ok.

will check out the last part of your post.

yorubas actually resisted the dan fodio armies, and he didnt get further than kwara.
Re: Fulani People by PAGAN9JA(m): 5:38pm On Jun 18, 2011
yyep. One of the Yoruba kings even gave his life to resist conversion to islam after capture. wink
Re: Fulani People by pleep(m): 5:48am On Jun 20, 2011
I Think the Fulani secretly, or maybe not so secretly rule the Hausa. If you notice every Arewa leader is fulani ; Buhari, Yar adua, sultan of this sarduna of that. . etc
is this just me or has anyone else noticed this?

@ topic look at the eyes of that child in the first photo  cheesy that is just an hilarious picture! LOL maybe fulani people just naturally have large eyes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Osaara Festival In Ile-Ife, Ooni Ogunwusi Feature / Oba Olushola Alao Celebrates His Birthday Today (photos) / Nigerian Wedding Invitations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.