Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,496 members, 7,808,835 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:43 PM

She Went Back To Her Abusive Husband - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / She Went Back To Her Abusive Husband (34799 Views)

I Can't Seem To Leave My Abusive Husband. Help Me / Men Have Become More Randy, Intolerant And Abusive Than Before. / Man Impregnates His Sister In-law To Punish His "Abusive" Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: She Went Back To Her Abusive Husband by cococandy(f): 11:25pm On Nov 02, 2019
femtex007:
Lets say. Love conquers all. Most of those divorcees are regretting their actions

Here’s one.

So the dead ones are not regretting their actions?
Only the divorced ones who ran away from bad situations?
Okay

37 Likes

Re: She Went Back To Her Abusive Husband by Nobody: 11:32pm On Nov 02, 2019
Ò dikwa serious shocked

I wouldn't have gone that far as long as it's husband and wife matter. The person in an abusive relationship has brain. When the person is ready, he or she knows what to do but it may be too late.

Sometimes they will use u to settle their differences grin

She has already started avoiding you grin

Tuah!

1 Like

Re: She Went Back To Her Abusive Husband by Nobody: 11:33pm On Nov 02, 2019
Extend my RIP self-condolences to her in advance then. undecided
Re: She Went Back To Her Abusive Husband by greggng: 11:35pm On Nov 02, 2019
If she has supportive brothers , that man will never try that non sense on her again...

1 Like

Re: She Went Back To Her Abusive Husband by seunmohmoh(f): 11:38pm On Nov 02, 2019
Plead:

Women who don’t have a tangible source of income shouldn’t be getting married! They won’t hear ... let them continue rushing into marriage without money/job

97% of women who stay in abusive (physical or emotional ) marriages are staying because they lack funds to get their lives all together again if they leave . They depend on their husbands for survival and as such can’t leave irrespective of the treatment being meted to them . Such a shame
97% is not because of money.

6 Likes

Re: She Went Back To Her Abusive Husband by almarthins(m): 11:38pm On Nov 02, 2019
computergeek:
Update On The Wife Battery Case: She Went Back To The Abusive Man

What's up people? This is an update thread on the wife battery case. This one might also be a bit lengthy, so bear with me. Lots of people have been asking me about the case, and I had to make this update to fill everyone in at once.

So about two weeks ago I brought an issue here about my neighbor who usually watches my four-year-old boy for me.

Read the previous thread here:

https://www.nairaland.com/5483166/wife-battery-should-drop-police

Just a little summary. She's a stay-at-home mom of two with a nursing baby and a boy who is my son's age. I used to leave work to pick the two boys up and take them to her house while I return to my office. I didn't know this before, but her husband is a very abusive man and my son unfortunately witnessed him beat her to near death twice.

The second time, he was the one that called me with her phone and I came and took her to hospital.

The issue then was that she didn't want to go ahead with the police case my husband and I filed for her. The man nearly murdered her and threatened over the phone to kill her if she ever comes back to his house. We had the call recorded but she insisted that he was only angry and would calm down soon enough.

She begged us not to call her family or report to anyone, that she can handle it by herself. One of her friends came to help her in the hospital while I took her one-year-old girl with me. I actually insisted.

So that terrible incident happened on a Friday, while I created the thread on a Sunday. On Thursday, the evil man finally came home. He hadn't called once to ask of his children. His son David was in the hospital and wasn't even going to school that week. I had to take the little baby to my office with me, and my only luck is that she's not the feisty sort.

He didn't come over to my house to check on the girl. I wasn't even sure he knew that she was with me. A fence separates our house and theirs but I heard his car rev in for the first time in days.

My husband and I had decided to bring her family into the case rather than just let it die off like that. We contacted her elder brother without her knowledge and told him everything. They are local people but we felt he would be more enlightened than others. He told us he would take things from there and that we should go and withdraw the police report. At least, we had done our bit and cleared our consciences.

My son kept asking me when David would resume school, but I told him to let David be with his mom. I didn't know how to tell the kid that he wouldn't be staying at David's house after school again. I can't have him in a toxic environment. I'd started picking him up and bringing him back to the office with me, and that's how I intend to keep things for now.

The lady came home last Friday, after about a week in the hospital. She called me everyday to ask after her child and I visited once with the baby while she was still at the hospital. She still has bandages on her arms and face and still can't open her left eye properly. She came to my house in the evening with her younger sister to collect her baby. I noticed she was embarrassed. She just said a word of thanks and demanded for the girl. I packed the girl's things (even the ones I bought with my money) and handed her over.

Before she left, she told me not to worry about David anymore, that she would start going to get him herself. I told her that even though my son returns to my office with me now, I can still pick up her son because I have to pass the street's entrance on my way back to work. She could be waiting for him whenever I'm about to drive by. She said no. That she'll be fine.

Well, we did our bit. We took some pieces of advice here and got her family involved. But we withdrew the police case for peace to reign. The woman has vehemently refused to take her life and kids seriously, but we've done our best. I don't know what her brother did, but I think he spoke to the lady's husband. I remembered seeing her on Thursday when I went to get my son from school. She was waiting to pick up David. I greeted her and offered them a ride. She refused, saying she'll order an O'Trike (Keke Napep that's like Uber).

Well, everybody should dey their own dey. God knows I've tried.

Thank you all for the advice and genuine guidance. For those who were more concerned about my son because of the violence he witnessed, he's fine. He misses playing with David and Sandra, but my network admin has two boys aged 5 and 8 who also hang out in the office after school. At least my son gets to play with them in the conference room. He's happy and I'm keeping him occupied with activities so his mind won't switch on those memories. My husband enrolled him in a new kids' football club and they go to play on Wednesday and Saturday evenings.

The best security a woman can have is her own gainful source of income. If that woman has something doing, I'm not sure she'd go back to an adulterer who beat her with the intent to murder. Women, please be careful with your lives. Think about your kids. If you die, who will look after them? Don't let society pressurize into marrying beasts.

I like to appreciate you for being a good samaritan and a loving neighbour.

My sister, it is high time you mind ur business, since the woman want to walk into 6ft pit with her eyes opened. Whatever happens after, the lord knows you have done ur best. She is now permitted to die, no excuse for ignorance.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: She Went Back To Her Abusive Husband by Nobody: 11:39pm On Nov 02, 2019
cococandy:
She’s a virtuous woman.

By NL misogynistic standards.

Maybe she’s on this forum and reads the posts.
Doesn’t want anyone to call her olosho who can’t keep her marriage.

She will land in mortuary very soon (don't wish her that anyway). Mrs title is very sweet. It gives u edge over the singles. Even worst if the man has small cash grin
Let's continue rushing to church for miracles cheesy

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: She Went Back To Her Abusive Husband by crackhaus: 11:44pm On Nov 02, 2019
Asetime:

Your statement about "not knowing the full story" implies so. You don't have to sound all brash to pass a message across.
I repeat again...if you don't understand a comment, ask for clarification.

Unlike you and most others who needed the OP to create a follow-up thread before finally figuring out that she ought to have minded her business after getting that woman to the hospital, some of us who are clearly more intuitive only have to read one single post to see a dead-end and call it accordingly.

11 Likes

Re: She Went Back To Her Abusive Husband by StrikeBack(m): 11:45pm On Nov 02, 2019
Please you have exhausted your energy in this particular case.

Please just mind your business because that woman would still go back to that demon of a man.
Re: She Went Back To Her Abusive Husband by Asetime: 11:51pm On Nov 02, 2019
crackhaus:

I repeat again...if you don't understand a comment, ask for clarification.
I'm only responsible for what I type, not what you 'imply' from it.

Unlike you and most others who needs the OP to create a follow-up thread before figuring out that she needed to have minded her business after getting the woman to the hospital, some of us who are more intuitive only need to read one single post and see a dead-end.
If only you understand that essence to life is more about doing your best for the benefit of your neighbour and not about winning a case or loosing. O well, we see the world through our own eyes

24 Likes

Re: She Went Back To Her Abusive Husband by Nobody: 11:56pm On Nov 02, 2019
If she had C.R.E.A.M all these would be easily avoidable
Re: She Went Back To Her Abusive Husband by crackhaus: 11:56pm On Nov 02, 2019
Asetime:

If only you understand that essence to life is more about doing your best for the benefit of your neighbour and not about winning a case or not. O well, we see the world through our own eyes
Getting her to the hospital and getting in touch with the friend she asked for, is all the best the OP needed to do.

Any other thing that was done after the victim herself told her to withdraw the police case is oversabi, because she does not know the full story of what is going on between husband and wife.

6 Likes

Re: She Went Back To Her Abusive Husband by AuroraB(f): 11:58pm On Nov 02, 2019
femtex007:
Lets say. Love conquers all. Most of those divorcees are regretting their actions
What's this one saying undecided undecided
Your head dey shake, obviously sad

15 Likes

Re: She Went Back To Her Abusive Husband by Quorax: 11:58pm On Nov 02, 2019
femtex007:
u lack sense.

13 Likes

Re: She Went Back To Her Abusive Husband by Norabay(f): 11:58pm On Nov 02, 2019
chai i don't know what to type i'm wordless
Re: She Went Back To Her Abusive Husband by coldasice11(m): 12:00am On Nov 03, 2019
But i will still enjoin you to be the woman's friend. Once in a while check on her and her children. She is definitely passing through a lot and i believe she will be happy you checked on her.
Re: She Went Back To Her Abusive Husband by adebobconed(m): 12:07am On Nov 03, 2019
seunmohmoh:
Then what could it be?
Re: She Went Back To Her Abusive Husband by Asetime: 12:07am On Nov 03, 2019
You sound so much better now. With the choice of words, we pass so many emotions even though we may not have meant it that way. You are very right. However, I have already expressed the grievances I had with you.
crackhaus:

Getting her to the hospital and getting in touch with the friend she asked for, is all the best the OP needed to do.

Any other thing that was done after the victim herself told her to withdraw the police case is oversabi, because she does not know the full story of what is going on between husband and wife.

5 Likes

Re: She Went Back To Her Abusive Husband by Chivadoski(m): 12:13am On Nov 03, 2019
You tried but to get husband no easy that's why you see most abused wife still going back to their husbands, In Nigeria who wants to marry an already married wife, only few men would, even if he really want to, families won't allow, the one that has given birth for that matter.
Re: She Went Back To Her Abusive Husband by klax(m): 12:14am On Nov 03, 2019
No comment. I owe her no pity nor concern or bother since she believe her own head came to the world to suffer beating endlessly while other woman like her carry head that make them president, governors, billionaire wife so goiodluck to her I owe her nothing not even a tiny pity.

1 Like

Re: She Went Back To Her Abusive Husband by Nobody: 12:17am On Nov 03, 2019
Plead:

Women who don’t have a tangible source of income shouldn’t be getting married! They won’t hear ... let them continue rushing into marriage without money/job

97% of women who stay in abusive (physical or emotional ) marriages are staying because they lack funds to get their lives all together again if they leave . They depend on their husbands for survival and as such can’t leave irrespective of the treatment being meted to them . Such a shame

This sub is for Women below:

Ebonygirl1:

If your wife can provide all she needs and cater for herself, what exactly is your use? She might as well remain single. undecided

1 Like

Re: She Went Back To Her Abusive Husband by Ryan03(f): 12:30am On Nov 03, 2019
crackhaus:

You are surprised she went back? cheesy

What did you think was going to happen especially with this particular story? I mean really.
I read all the comments on that thread all talking about police this, police that, some even talking about how boys should be arranged to go and deal with the man.
That's exactly what the internet does to people - they create another version of the world they live in and pretend that's how it is for real.

My comment to you then was simple - take your child out of the situation, call her friend who she asked for to come to the hospital, and then move on because you had done all you could do.

Meanwhile, you still don't know the full story like I noted on the other thread.
Now the woman is even trying to avoid you, lol. Classic.

Anyway, you try.
its always like this. Lemme give you a short story. A woman passing through similar stuff went to report to the police after the last beating almost ended her life, the police decided to invite her husband over but she refused (later found out it were her neighbours who pressurized her into reporting). She said she only wanted to make a complaint, she dont want her husband arrested. You can't force a woman to do otherwise hence she was asked to leave cause such cases can't be incidented as complaint. Two weeks later, news came that she was dead, died from assault by her husband, he was arrested and charged to court, he pleaded not guilty, remanded in jail and case adjourned. My bro, the case still dey on, funny enough, they have four kids

4 Likes

Re: She Went Back To Her Abusive Husband by Ayotemide(f): 12:31am On Nov 03, 2019
crackhaus:

I have read your comments half heartedly; "what is going on between husband and wife" you say?

The person who you have mentioned so far has a lot of humanity in him/her and that is evident; you however thinks life-threatening and injuries is a function of 'what is going on' in some damned marriage?

You are speaking without EQ, it is not some bitter truth but rather brash way of telling anyone what to do in such a situation.

Abeg go sit this one out.

16 Likes

Re: She Went Back To Her Abusive Husband by Ayotemide(f): 12:34am On Nov 03, 2019
Ryan03:
its always like this. Lemme give you a short story. A woman passing through similar stuff went to report to the police after the last beating almost ended her life, the police decided to invite her husband over but she refused (later found out it were her neighbours who pressurized her into reporting). She said she only wanted to make a complaint, she dont want her husband arrested. You can't force a woman to do otherwise hence she was asked to leave cause such cases can't be incidented as complaint. Two weeks later, news came that she was dead, died from assault by her husband, he was arrested and charged to court, he pleaded not guilty, remanded in jail and case adjourned. My bro, the case still dey on, funny enough, they have four kids

There is no rule cast in stone that women must always act that way, some have come to an 'awakening' by the help of other people.

An unfortunate number should not mean we leave everyone in this situation to themselves.

7 Likes

Re: She Went Back To Her Abusive Husband by Originalsly: 12:34am On Nov 03, 2019
@ OP.... you did your part. Meditate on this.... you can take the horse to the water but you can't make him drink. Get my drift?....move on.

1 Like

Re: She Went Back To Her Abusive Husband by Ryan03(f): 12:37am On Nov 03, 2019
femtex007:
are you sure all is well with you?

7 Likes

Re: She Went Back To Her Abusive Husband by Ryan03(f): 12:40am On Nov 03, 2019
cococandy:

Here’s one.

So the dead ones are not regretting their actions?
Only the divorced ones who ran away from bad situations?
Okay
that guy is not ok

9 Likes

Re: She Went Back To Her Abusive Husband by Ryan03(f): 12:41am On Nov 03, 2019
seunmohmoh:
I disagree, lots of Nigerian women stay in abusive marriages because they lack the financial support to start afresh.

1 Like

Re: She Went Back To Her Abusive Husband by studentofTruth: 12:42am On Nov 03, 2019
computergeek:
Update On The Wife Battery Case: She Went Back To The Abusive Man

What's up people? This is an update thread on the wife battery case. This one might also be a bit lengthy, so bear with me. Lots of people have been asking me about the case, and I had to make this update to fill everyone in at once.

So about two weeks ago I brought an issue here about my neighbor who usually watches my four-year-old boy for me.

Read the previous thread here:

https://www.nairaland.com/5483166/wife-battery-should-drop-police

Just a little summary. She's a stay-at-home mom of two with a nursing baby and a boy who is my son's age. I used to leave work to pick the two boys up and take them to her house while I return to my office. I didn't know this before, but her husband is a very abusive man and my son unfortunately witnessed him beat her to near death twice.

The second time, he was the one that called me with her phone and I came and took her to hospital.

The issue then was that she didn't want to go ahead with the police case my husband and I filed for her. The man nearly murdered her and threatened over the phone to kill her if she ever comes back to his house. We had the call recorded but she insisted that he was only angry and would calm down soon enough.

She begged us not to call her family or report to anyone, that she can handle it by herself. One of her friends came to help her in the hospital while I took her one-year-old girl with me. I actually insisted.

So that terrible incident happened on a Friday, while I created the thread on a Sunday. On Thursday, the evil man finally came home. He hadn't called once to ask of his children. His son David was in the hospital and wasn't even going to school that week. I had to take the little baby to my office with me, and my only luck is that she's not the feisty sort.

He didn't come over to my house to check on the girl. I wasn't even sure he knew that she was with me. A fence separates our house and theirs but I heard his car rev in for the first time in days.

My husband and I had decided to bring her family into the case rather than just let it die off like that. We contacted her elder brother without her knowledge and told him everything. They are local people but we felt he would be more enlightened than others. He told us he would take things from there and that we should go and withdraw the police report. At least, we had done our bit and cleared our consciences.

My son kept asking me when David would resume school, but I told him to let David be with his mom. I didn't know how to tell the kid that he wouldn't be staying at David's house after school again. I can't have him in a toxic environment. I'd started picking him up and bringing him back to the office with me, and that's how I intend to keep things for now.

The lady came home last Friday, after about a week in the hospital. She called me everyday to ask after her child and I visited once with the baby while she was still at the hospital. She still has bandages on her arms and face and still can't open her left eye properly. She came to my house in the evening with her younger sister to collect her baby. I noticed she was embarrassed. She just said a word of thanks and demanded for the girl. I packed the girl's things (even the ones I bought with my money) and handed her over.

Before she left, she told me not to worry about David anymore, that she would start going to get him herself. I told her that even though my son returns to my office with me now, I can still pick up her son because I have to pass the street's entrance on my way back to work. She could be waiting for him whenever I'm about to drive by. She said no. That she'll be fine.

Well, we did our bit. We took some pieces of advice here and got her family involved. But we withdrew the police case for peace to reign. The woman has vehemently refused to take her life and kids seriously, but we've done our best. I don't know what her brother did, but I think he spoke to the lady's husband. I remembered seeing her on Thursday when I went to get my son from school. She was waiting to pick up David. I greeted her and offered them a ride. She refused, saying she'll order an O'Trike (Keke Napep that's like Uber).

Well, everybody should dey their own dey. God knows I've tried.

Thank you all for the advice and genuine guidance. For those who were more concerned about my son because of the violence he witnessed, he's fine. He misses playing with David and Sandra, but my network admin has two boys aged 5 and 8 who also hang out in the office after school. At least my son gets to play with them in the conference room. He's happy and I'm keeping him occupied with activities so his mind won't switch on those memories. My husband enrolled him in a new kids' football club and they go to play on Wednesday and Saturday evenings.

The best security a woman can have is her own gainful source of income. If that woman has something doing, I'm not sure she'd go back to an adulterer who beat her with the intent to murder. Women, please be careful with your lives. Think about your kids. If you die, who will look after them? Don't let society pressurize into marrying beasts.

Like I commented in the the first thread, there's no way she was going to leave that man without being sure that she can fend for herself. The only reasonable help you could have offered her was to get any of the women empowerment groups to help her create a viable source of income. Police and elder brother thing is like trying to use PCM to cure malaria — complete waste of time and energy!

1 Like

Re: She Went Back To Her Abusive Husband by Nobody: 12:43am On Nov 03, 2019
cococandy:
She’s a virtuous woman.

By NL misogynistic standards.

Maybe she’s on this forum and reads the posts.
Doesn’t want anyone to call her olosho who can’t keep her marriage.

Why do u always sound so acrid? undecided

3 Likes

Re: She Went Back To Her Abusive Husband by DameB(f): 12:45am On Nov 03, 2019
Breaking the abuse cycle is very very very difficult if the woman has no financial, emotional and social support. A broken spirit has no thought for its safety.

"What will people say" will kill you faster than some diseases.

Our society doesn't do much to support the domestic abused woman/man. There was absolutely nothing wrong with reporting a battery case to the police. When that woman dies everyone in that vicinity will still be questioned

5 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Woman Arrested For Leaving Her 2 Kids Alone Abroad To Attend Wedding In Nigeria / Couple Who Wedded 3 Days After Meeting Celebrate 37th Wedding Anniversary (photo / Why Getting Married When You Are Struggling Financially Is A Bad Decision!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.