Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,350 members, 7,808,228 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:03 AM

The Main Message Of The Bible: The Major Reason The Bible Was Written - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Main Message Of The Bible: The Major Reason The Bible Was Written (11856 Views)

Did Jesus Ever Call Himself God In The Bible? The Answer Is No! / Where In The Bible was it Recorded As Sin To Marry Two Wives / COZA & Man Urinating On Bible: The PUNCH Removes Editor Over Offensive Cartoon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Main Message Of The Bible: The Major Reason The Bible Was Written by Nobody: 10:40am On Nov 10, 2019
So people are still this dumb in 2020 not to see through the fabric of lies called religion and by extension, christianity?
Re: The Main Message Of The Bible: The Major Reason The Bible Was Written by SUPOL(m): 10:41am On Nov 10, 2019
FYI

JESUS IS THE LORD!!!!!

Incase u ve not heard it before. Some of these words ur doubting will be recounted to u on the last day.
Re: The Main Message Of The Bible: The Major Reason The Bible Was Written by Nobody: 10:44am On Nov 10, 2019
hopefulLandlord:
The bible is all lies. Its a fantasy created for control, to impoverish the masses and keep them humble. No longer are chains and whips required, we can control people thru a promise in a book . The government loves evangelistic preaching . It subdues masses, keeps them paying taxes, makes them docile, humble meek low self esteem folks just waiting till death for some promises they will never get. Provisions, prayer requests, blessings for behavior, recompence for offerings and tithes, fruitful accomplished life , all this and more ....you gotta believe !! Faith and the promise of hope.... I hope none of you actually believed it and wasted your life doing as the bible says! That would be a pathetic waste of life

You are wise. Leave them, let them keep wallowing in self delusion. They just can't entertain the idea for once that maybe theree is no eternal life of bliss for them after they pass away. That reality is so frightening for them. Somehow they think their souls are more precious than the chickens and goats they will slaughter this coming xmas in the fact that while they kill these animals, they already believe they cease to exist completely, but when any member of their family dies, they hope to reunite some day with them floating in the skies with crowns on their heads.

That is their comfort.
Re: The Main Message Of The Bible: The Major Reason The Bible Was Written by Seetto: 10:53am On Nov 10, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
Its often said, if you want something done right, you'll often times, will have to do it yourself, especially if you want the thing done properly. Something to be done right is exactly what all this is about and so what God did. This whole thing about "a father be so wicked and killed his only son to wash away the sins of ingrates and wicked soul ..." etcetera is a matter of the classsic DIY, aka Do-It-Yourself.

God looked for someone who could build walls or looked for someone to stand in the breach in His presence on behalf of the world so that it won't be destroyed, but He found no one and so God is lumbered with, doing a classic Do-It-Yourself by sending Himself to carry out the redemptive work.

God sent Himself, did send Himself to earth, in the form of Jesus Christ. You do know that, it is not impossible for God to simultaneously be in more than one place at a time (i.e. meaning it is not something impossible for God to do, as in be in Heaven and on earth, at the same time) Note that, Jesus didnt correct people that addressed Him as God, for example, where and when said: "My Lord, My God" to Him. It is because Jesus is God. God as Jesus, gave up His divine privileges. He took the humble position of a servant and was born as a human being, and so God appeared on earth, in human form, as in, the person of Jesus Christ, His Son. Alleluia.

Who is from deeper life?
Trash upon trash, another blasphemy against God Almighty,
You guys should desist from insisting that God almighty was disgracefully stripped unclad by his own creatures and portraying the face of a an illusionist white man as Jesus Christ, you failed to prove anything here than ranting unnecessary, you are ranting up and down without quoting any verse in the bible to prove your claims.

In the book of marks, a man walk unto Jesus and said good teacher what can I do to inherit eternal life, Jesus said why do you call me good, no one is good except God alone, Jesus admitted he is not God, but you guys a forcing it on him.

1 Like

Re: The Main Message Of The Bible: The Major Reason The Bible Was Written by Seetto: 10:55am On Nov 10, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
Yes this is absolutely correct

Just like the word "bible", the "christianity" is not found in the bible. Christianity, fyi and by the way, is a Constatine invention

Jesus was not born on Christmas Day, any believer woth his/her salt and weight in gold knows that Jesus was born about around the month of October and not December

We have come a long way that it doesnt matter what day one decides or choses to worship

What God ordains and/or see as to be religion, is crystal made clear, in the bible what this is

This have been addressed above. I dont want to begin sounding like a broken record.
You just admitted Christianity is a false religion and built base on lies and deceit..
Re: The Main Message Of The Bible: The Major Reason The Bible Was Written by MuttleyLaff: 11:18am On Nov 10, 2019
Seetto:
Trash upon trash, another blasphemy against God Almighty,
One man's trash, is another man's treasure. What one perceives as blasphemy against God Almighty, is actually reverence and deep respect for God Almighty

Seetto:
You guys should desist from insisting that God almighty was disgracefully stripped unclad by his own creatures
God hasnt got any emotional or personal problem with being disgracefully stripped näked by His own creatures, only you have

Seetto:
and portraying the face of a an illusionist white man as Jesus Christ
You're slowly but surely showing your hand. Keep it coming, lol

Seetto:
you failed to prove anything here than ranting unnecessary, you are ranting up and down without quoting any verse in the bible to prove your claims.
Dont pin ranting on me, when it is actually you who went off the handle ranting about this and that. You will say this, wont you, besides whats the point in me wasting bullets and gun powder prematurely quoting verse(s) in the bible to prove claims, huh? At the appropiate time(s), you'll see and choke on bible verses, dont worry, lol

Seetto:
In the book of marks, a man walk unto Jesus and said good teacher what can I do to inherit eternal life, Jesus said why do you call Me good, no one is good except God alone, Jesus admitted He is not God, but you guys a forcing it on Him.
Liar, liar pants on fire, where and when did Jesus, leaving no room for confusion or doubt admit He is not God

Jesus said why do you call Me good, meaning, if you know who only is good, then please think carefully the implication of your words, when you call me good. There must be something striking about Me, which is why you call Me good, lol
Re: The Main Message Of The Bible: The Major Reason The Bible Was Written by MuttleyLaff: 11:22am On Nov 10, 2019
Seetto:
You just admitted Christianity is a false religion and built base on lies and deceit..
Look at you clumsily clutching trying to take a swipe and scalp, lol.

OK and fyi, as for "Christianity" it is a case of res ipsa loquitur, meaning the thing and/or the evidence speaks for itself, lol.
Re: The Main Message Of The Bible: The Major Reason The Bible Was Written by Ebere2020(m): 11:25am On Nov 10, 2019
Finallydead:
True in some sense but even reading the scriptures to see jesus in them doesn't necessarily give the impact of eternal life. Until you make real-time, vital, tangible but spiritually discernible contact with Him through His Spirit in you, which will automatically be evidenced in outcomes of your life, youre just as good as those pharisees searching the scriptures for eternal life.
I agree with you
Re: The Main Message Of The Bible: The Major Reason The Bible Was Written by Seetto: 11:35am On Nov 10, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
One man's trash, is another man's treasure. What one perceives as blasphemy against God Almighty, is actually reverence and deep respect for God Almighty

God hasnt got any emotional or personal problem with being disgracefully stripped näked by His own creatures, only you have

You're slowly but surely showing your hand. Keep it coming, lol

Dont pin ranting on me, when it is actually you who went off the handle ranting about this and that. You will say this, wont you, besides whats the point in me wasting bullets and gun powder prematurely quoting verse(s) in the bible to prove claims, huh? At the appropiate time(s), you'll see and choke on bible verses, dont worry, lol

Liar, liar pants on fire, where and when did Jesus, leaving no room for confusion or doubt admit He is not God

Jesus said why do you call Me good, meaning, if you know who only is good, then please think carefully the implication of your words, when you call me good. There must be something striking about Me, which is why you call Me good, lol
So that thing you called Jesus is your god that was disgracefully flogged, stripped unclad and nailed on a tree, crying like a dieng orangutan to whom could save him from death, grin grin grin ;Donly for someone to tell you he was born on Christmas day after converting the birthday of their triune idol gods to his birthday....kwantinue..
Re: The Main Message Of The Bible: The Major Reason The Bible Was Written by Emyogalanya: 11:51am On Nov 10, 2019
unstoppable51:
The Bible has several subjects but Jesus is not one of them! He Himself is the Message of the entire Bible, not one of its subjects.

“Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.” John 5:39 KJV

The right rendering of the above verse from the Greek translation should actually begin with “You”. That is…

“You search the scriptures; for in them you think you have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.”

What that means is that unlike what we may have erroneously believed, Jesus wasn’t actually giving the people of his day a command to “search the scriptures” like the King James translation puts it in that verse. He was rather telling them what they were already doing - albeit wrongly.
you really did a good job here. What congregaTion do you attend? The letters of the word kill , it is the spirit that gives life
Re: The Main Message Of The Bible: The Major Reason The Bible Was Written by MuttleyLaff: 12:00pm On Nov 10, 2019
Seetto:
So that thing you called Jesus is your god that was disgracefully flogged, stripped unclad and nailed on a tree, crying like a dieng orangutan to whom could save him from death
Hmm, hmm, have you got a problem with that, because God hasnt got a problem about that?

Seetto:
grin grin grin grin only for someone to tell you he was born on Christmas day after converting the birthday of their triune idol gods to his birthday....kwantinue..
I have refuted that misconception about Christmas day nau, cant you read ni?
Now why dont you just answer the question put to you nau?
Like Mr Liar, liar pants on fire, where and when did Jesus, leaving no room for confusion or doubt admit He is not God, hmm?
Re: The Main Message Of The Bible: The Major Reason The Bible Was Written by alphalpha(m): 12:47pm On Nov 10, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
Hmm, hmm, have you got a problem with that, because God hasnt got a problem about that?

Like Mr Liar, liar pants on fire, where and when did Jesus, leaving no room for confusion or doubt admit He is not God, hmm?

There is really no point engaging this fellow. Is there? Why ask for the word Christianity and leave off Christian, which is mentioned at least thrice in the Bible, and whose usage came from non-christians.

The post is really insightful. A few comments here have also been enlightening.
Re: The Main Message Of The Bible: The Major Reason The Bible Was Written by MuttleyLaff: 12:57pm On Nov 10, 2019
alphalpha:
There is really no point engaging this fellow. Is there? Why ask for the word Christianity and leave off Christian, which is mentioned at least thrice in the Bible, and whose usage came from non-christians.

The post is really insightful. A few comments here have also been enlightening.
Maybe its because he knows one or two things you dont know about the true meaning of the word Christian, lol
Re: The Main Message Of The Bible: The Major Reason The Bible Was Written by Votukpa(m): 1:35pm On Nov 10, 2019
Finallydead:
True in some sense but even reading the scriptures to see jesus in them doesn't necessarily give the impact of eternal life. Until you make real-time, vital, tangible but spiritually discernible contact with Him through His Spirit in you, which will automatically be evidenced in outcomes of your life, youre just as good as those pharisees searching the scriptures for eternal life.

The thing is, the Spirit chooses you, you don't choose the Spirit. If the Spirit chooses you, you won't be able help living the life of Christ.

It is the Spirit that first chooses and then causes you to see Christ in the scriptures, movies, novels, nature, experiences and circumstances.
Re: The Main Message Of The Bible: The Major Reason The Bible Was Written by Solohmony: 3:48pm On Nov 10, 2019
Seetto:
Where in bible is bible written..

Bible is a Greek word which means books. Scripture is another term for both. If you say bible it means God's books which contains His words.
Re: The Main Message Of The Bible: The Major Reason The Bible Was Written by Circuit3: 5:14pm On Nov 10, 2019
Let me address u well to tell you 'Jesus' is a false scam! There is no God but YHWH(JEHOVAH - God Of Israel)
sooperrescue:

In the post, you forgot to show the old testament description of Jesus. In John chapter 1, it was stated that he was in the beginning with God. In gen 1, we read that the Spirit of God was hovering around the earth. John says he made all things and the Genesis says God said let there be light and God created the light.
Please, dont force words into the bible. The word "Jesus" IS NEVER MENTIONED IN THE OLD TESTAMENT. Genesis 1 says GOD created the world and no one beside him. It did not say "They said let there be light" but "And GOD said"!! Do not turn Jesus to GOD.

sooperrescue:

It has always been two and never 3 in one. Exodus 23v20 is the introduction of Jesus Christ to the Israelites. Behold I send unto you my Angel. [/b]Obey his voice and I will bless you. [b]He will not pardon your transgressions.
Stop twisting bible. God said He will send HIS ANGEL! How can Angel(Lets assume it was jesus), suddenly upgrade and become God to be worshiped? Abeg take time..

Thank God for God. God said he wont pardon your transgressions, I thought Jesus loves us and died for our forgiveness? How can someone that would not pardon us, now die for us?

sooperrescue:

In chapter 24, the Bible says that Moses and the elders saw the God of Israel and ate with him and Jesus is telling us that no one has seen the Lord at any time. Who visited Abraham on his way to Sodom? It was Jesus.

Where is it stated in the scriptures that it was Jesus? Better don't offend God. God visited Abraham. It says in book of exodus that he visited Abraham as "God Almighty" it did not say "Jesus Christ".

sooperrescue:

Read again the conversation, shall I hide from Abraham.... Daniel saw a vision of the son of man being brought before the ancient of days and all power and dominion was given to him.

Rubbish! Daniel saw "ONE WITH THE LIKENESS OF A MAN" not son of man. Daniel is Old Testament and there is no "Son of Man" or "Jesus" in Old Testament but "The LORD" or "GOD" or "JEHOVAH"

sooperrescue:

this was according to the vision of Isaiah when he saw Jesus sitting in the temple and seeking for who to send. Jesus Christ is the same, yesterday, today and forever.

Isaiah saw the LORD not Jesus. Do not twist the word of God.
Re: The Main Message Of The Bible: The Major Reason The Bible Was Written by Gracemadeit(m): 5:36pm On Nov 10, 2019
John 5:39, Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.
Luke 24:25, Then he said unto them, O fools, and slow of heart to believe all that the prophets have spoken:
26, Ought not Christ to have suffered these things, and to enter into his glory?
27, And beginning at Moses and all the prophets, he expounded unto them in all the scriptures the things concerning himself. grin cheesy wink smiley
Re: The Main Message Of The Bible: The Major Reason The Bible Was Written by unstoppable51(m): 11:03pm On Nov 10, 2019
Gracemadeit:
John 5:39, Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.
Luke 24:25, Then he said unto them, O fools, and slow of heart to believe all that the prophets have spoken:
26, Ought not Christ to have suffered these things, and to enter into his glory?
27, And beginning at Moses and all the prophets, he expounded unto them in all the scriptures the things concerning himself. grin cheesy wink smiley
Beautiful
Re: The Main Message Of The Bible: The Major Reason The Bible Was Written by sooperrescue(m): 10:03am On Nov 13, 2019
MuttleyLaff:

John 21v17
Re: The Main Message Of The Bible: The Major Reason The Bible Was Written by sooperrescue(m): 11:30am On Nov 13, 2019
Circuit3:
Let me address u well to tell you 'Jesus' is a false scam! There is no God but YHWH(JEHOVAH - God Of Israel)

Please, dont force words into the bible. The word "Jesus" IS NEVER MENTIONED IN THE OLD TESTAMENT. Genesis 1 says GOD created the world and no one beside him. It did not say "They said let there be light" but "And GOD said"!! Do not turn Jesus to GOD.

Stop twisting bible. God said He will send HIS ANGEL! How can Angel(Lets assume it was jesus), suddenly upgrade and become God to be worshiped? Abeg take time..

Thank God for God. God said he wont pardon your transgressions, I thought Jesus loves us and died for our forgiveness? How can someone that would not pardon us, now die for us?

Where is it stated in the scriptures that it was Jesus? Better don't offend God. God visited Abraham. It says in book of exodus that he visited Abraham as "God Almighty" it did not say "Jesus Christ".

Rubbish! Daniel saw "ONE WITH THE LIKENESS OF A MAN" not son of man. Daniel is Old Testament and there is no "Son of Man" or "Jesus" in Old Testament but "The LORD" or "GOD" or "JEHOVAH"

Isaiah saw the LORD not Jesus. Do not twist the word of God.

I don't know if you are reading from the Bible. Daniel 7v13 says behold one like the Son of man came with the clouds of heaven.... Jesus called himself the son of man,that has no where to lay his head. In John 12v37 till 41, these things said esaias when he saw his glory and spake of him. Go to Isaiah 6 v1 to 11. Jesus has told us that no man has seen God at any time.
God did not visit Abraham, God did not promise Abraham anything but the Angel. The Angel was always interchanged with the Lord in the old testament. If God was alone in the creation, who was he talking to? And God said, let there be light. To whom was the statement addressed to? If someone is at your gate and you tell your servant to let him in, then he allows the person to enter the house. That person at the gate has the power to let the man enter or not. In John, it is stated that Jesus made all things and nothing was made that was not made by Jesus and he was also with God in the beginning. The word was made flesh and the word was God. If the holy Spirit was with God in the beginning, where was Jesus? Gen 18v19 for I know him, that he will command his children and his household after him and they shall keep the way of the LORD, to do justice and judgement, that the LORD may bring upon Abraham that which he has spoken of him. Study the verse quietly. Who was talking there? And v21 shows that the Lord speaking, was not onminiscience and he had to go to Sodom to confirm if the report that he has heard was true or not. Gen 20 v24 made a hidden truth bare, Then the LORD raiNed upon Sodom and upon Gomorrah brimstone and fire from the LORD out of heaven. Two LORDS, one on earth and one in heaven. When Jesus told the man sick of palsy that his sins were forgiven, what was the reaction of the suducees like you. No one can pardon sin except God. In exodus 23v20:behold I send an Angel before thee, to keep thee in the way and to bring thee into the place which I have prepared. Beware of him and obey his voice, provoke him not, for he will not pardon your transgressions, for my name is in him. 22, read well, but if thou shall indeed obey his VOICE and do all that I SPEAK I will be an enemy unto your enemies and an adversary unto your adversaries. V25 and you shall serve the Lord your God, and he shall bless thy bread and thy water and I will take sickness away from the midst of thee. Go through the book of John and read the words that Jesus spoke. I came in the name of my father and you honored me not, the words that I speak are not.mine but God who sent me. In my father house there are many mansions,if it were not so, I would have told you. I go and prepare a place for you. Which is easier, they sins are forgiven or rise up and walk.? That you may know that the son of man has power to forgive sins. Jesus told the people, you call me Lord and so I am and in all the epistles of Paul, there are the mentions of God the father and the Lord Jesus Christ who in Ephesians 1v3 God was acknowledged as the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ and which Jesus has stated a lot of times even in John 21.Acts 7 v56 and said, behold I see the heavens opened and the son of man standing on the right hand of God. Search the scriptures for you think that you have eternal life and they all testify about me.
Re: The Main Message Of The Bible: The Major Reason The Bible Was Written by Mryacks: 2:11pm On Nov 13, 2019
unstoppable51:
The Bible has several subjects but Jesus is not one of them! He Himself is the Message of the entire Bible, not one of its subjects.

“Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.” John 5:39 KJV

The right rendering of the above verse from the Greek translation should actually begin with “You”. That is…

“You search the scriptures; for in them you think you have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.”

What that means is that unlike what we may have erroneously believed, Jesus wasn’t actually giving the people of his day a command to “search the scriptures” like the King James translation puts it in that verse. He was rather telling them what they were already doing - albeit wrongly.

The Message translation puts it in a much better way - a way that pricks religious minds.

“you have your heads in your bibles constantly because you think you’ll find eternal life there. But you miss the forest for the trees. These scriptures are all about me!”

Like many people today, the Jews put much effort in the studying of the Scriptures. They actually devote enough time for that. This act is never wrong in itself and is worth emulating as the Scriptures encourages us to study it diligently.

“Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.” 2 Timothy 2:15 KJV

However in their study of the scriptures in search of Eternal Life (the Salvation that God gives), they fail to realize that this eternal life cannot be found on the pages of a book (and that includes the Bible)

They failed to realize that the purpose the Bible was given was to point men to Eternal Life and not to give the Life itself.

The reason is because the Eternal Life they seek after has been embodied in a Man, God’s own Son - Jesus.

“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.” John 3:16 KJV

Whosoever believes in Him, not the Bible, shall have everlasting life. Again,

“.….Thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him. And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.” John 17:2-3 KJV

This is why the scriptures were given in the first place - to tell men about Him. Everything in the Bible points to Him.

He is not one of those things you come across in the Bible, He is the Mega Deal of the Book. Referring to Him as one of the subjects of the Bible is an insult to His person, He is its Message.

The apostle Philip did not mince words about His personality when describing Him to his brother Nathanael.

“Philip findeth Nathanael, and saith unto him, we have found him, of whom Moses in the law, and the prophets, did write, Jesus of Nazareth, the son of Joseph.” John 1:45 KJV

He is The Word in the word (John 1:1, 14-15), the express Image of the invisible God (Colossians 1:15, Hebrews 1:3), the full expression of all that God was, is and will ever be. He (not just the Bible), is God’s explanation of Himself (His Character, actions and words) to mankind.

In knowing Him, we have known and gotten all that God wants us to know and have. This is why we are instructed to focus our whole attention on Him.

“Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith….” Hebrews 12:2 KJV

He is the central message of all the Books of the Bible. Let us make a decision to keep our eyes on Him and nothing else.

He is all that God wants us to know, not Moses, not Elijah and certainly not Abraham. Everyone of those men were relevant enough to have their names engraved in the scriptures because of the Message of Christ which they believed and conveyed to their generations. Aside from that, there is nothing so special about them.

In your study of the scriptures, in your search for eternal life, in your understanding of God, make a decision to see no man but Jesus. For everything in the Bible is about Him.

Again I say, it is all about Him and nothing else! Go tell someone.

You are much loved

(Further reading: Deutronomy 18:15, 18. Ezekiel 34:23. Acts 3:22, 7:37)

Source: https://www.feedmejesus.com/2018/12/the-bible-has-several-messages-but_3.html

Bless you..
Re: The Main Message Of The Bible: The Major Reason The Bible Was Written by MuttleyLaff: 8:35am On Dec 11, 2019
MuttleyLaff:

sooperrescue:
John 21v17
"Jesus asked a third time, “Simon son of John, do you love Me?” Peter was deeply hurt that Jesus had asked him a third time, “Do you love Me?” “Lord, You know all things,” he replied. “You know I love You.” Jesus said to him, “Feed My sheep"
- John 21:17

sooperrescue, where in John 21:17 reproduced above, does Jesus, leaving no room for confusion or doubt admit He is not God, hmm?
Re: The Main Message Of The Bible: The Major Reason The Bible Was Written by sooperrescue(m): 8:50am On Dec 11, 2019
MuttleyLaff:

"Jesus asked a third time, “Simon son of John, do you love Me?” Peter was deeply hurt that Jesus had asked him a third time, “Do you love Me?” “Lord, You know all things,” he replied. “You know I love You.” Jesus said to him, “Feed My sheep"
- John 21:17

sooperrescue, where in John 21:17 reproduced above, does Jesus, leaving no room for confusion or doubt admit He is not God, hmm?
Sorry about the error. It is 20v17. All these Chinese phones
Re: The Main Message Of The Bible: The Major Reason The Bible Was Written by MuttleyLaff: 9:20am On Dec 11, 2019
sooperrescue:
Sorry about the error. It is 20v17. All these Chinese phones
That is no error nwanne, the real error is you, even with John 20:17, is still unable to bring proof of Jesus, leaving no room for confusion or doubt admitting that He is not God. Why are you hellbent on denying Jesus of His divinty and/or Godness, His state, quality, and/or condition of God, hmmm?
Re: The Main Message Of The Bible: The Major Reason The Bible Was Written by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:14am On Dec 11, 2019
FrLukas:

Please op, what is the good news/gospel that Jesus the Christ brought to the world. Can you explain what it is?

I find it somehow that most Christians don't understand the message of Jesus whom they follow.

It is the red thread that runs throughout the Bible. cool
Re: The Main Message Of The Bible: The Major Reason The Bible Was Written by sooperrescue(m): 12:06pm On Dec 11, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
That is no error nwanne, the real error is you, even with John 20:17, is still unable to bring proof of Jesus, leaving no room for confusion or doubt admitting that He is not God. Why are you hellbent on denying Jesus of His divinty and/or Godness, His state, quality, and/or condition of God, hmmm?
Bros, Jesus is Lord and not God the father. He told the woman at the tomb to go and tell his disciples that he is going to his God and their God . The Bible says that Jesus said that he that is sent is not greater than he that sent him. The Bible also stated that everything has been placed under the feet of Jesus but the person who placed everything under his feet is exempted from his dominance. Jesus Christ is the God of Israel, the angel of God that appeared to Abraham, Jacob, Moses, Joshua, Gideon,manoah and his wife, Isaiah, Ezekiel and Jeremiah, Daniel saw him on two occasions and the second appearance is noteworthy to read. and in many verses he claimed that Israel was his inheritance. We are told that we are joint heirs with Christ. Can you inherit your house that you built? Jesus talked about Noah's era, Solomon's glory, how the lilies are better arrayed than Solomon, how David went into the temple to eat the bread of the priests and from his interactions with the unclean spirits, they all acknowledged him as the son of God. And he is the head of principalities and powers. And he told Satan that he is the Lord and God of Satan. I can bring out more evidence of the lordship of Jesus Christ and how he claimed that he came down from heaven and the people were angry that he was lying. Did Jesus actually came down from heaven and where was it recorded in the Bible?
Re: The Main Message Of The Bible: The Major Reason The Bible Was Written by Daejoyoung: 1:20pm On Dec 11, 2019
Seetto:

So bible has no names, unlike Torah reveals to moses, the psalms reveal to David, the bible was coined from a word and not reveal...
Where in the bible is the word Christianity written
Where in the bible was Jesus born on Christmas day
Where in the bible was it written that you should worship every Sunday
Did God ordained a religion to you called Christianity.
Who first mention the word Christianity according to the bible.
No part of the bible was revealed to anybody. Christians say the bible is inspired book , no one said it's a revealed book.
Re: The Main Message Of The Bible: The Major Reason The Bible Was Written by Daejoyoung: 1:28pm On Dec 11, 2019
Kalixx:

You are wise. Leave them, let them keep wallowing in self delusion. They just can't entertain the idea for once that maybe theree is no eternal life of bliss for them after they pass away. That reality is so frightening for them. Somehow they think their souls are more precious than the chickens and goats they will slaughter this coming xmas in the fact that while they kill these animals, they already believe they cease to exist completely, but when any member of their family dies, they hope to reunite some day with them floating in the skies with crowns on their heads.

That is their comfort.
lf we all just die without a future resurrection, then we have no hope in this world, and those who have been unjustly oppressed and died that way out of oppression and cruelty ( like jesus was) are of all men most miserable, if only in this life we have hope.
Then the author of Ecclesiastes would be right, a dog is better than a dead lion.
Re: The Main Message Of The Bible: The Major Reason The Bible Was Written by Nobody: 1:22am On Dec 12, 2019
Daejoyoung:

lf we all just die without a future resurrection, then we have no hope in this world, and those who have been unjustly oppressed and died that way out of oppression and cruelty ( like jesus was) are of all men most miserable, if only in this life we have hope.
Then the author of Ecclesiastes would be right, a dog is better than a dead lion.

That is exactly the point: there is no resurrection and no hope. Religion is just a conditioning of the brain and an effective tool of control created by sound scholars, the upper echelon of the society, and the elites. The brainwashing is effective when they anticipate your resistance or your contention and then create arguments to defeat it.

That is why there is nothing like unjust oppression; the world you live in is a jungle -- take it or leave it. Have you seen where hyenas steal the young of mammals? These hyenas eat their prey starting from the entrails. They keep consuming while the animal is still alive, do you know what kind of pain that is? Like the king cobra, the black widow spider is notorious for killing her spouse after mating. What does this make her? A murderer!

So will she too be judged when this world ends? Whats her fate? You better come to terms to realise we all live in an imperfect world and the hope for an eternity of bliss was a well-planned generation-premeditated concoction to imprint on our minds, a defeatist mentality and let all our guards down while the elites control the laws and wealth.

It was just an effective check-and-balance to prevent large-scale uprisings of citizens and slaves especially, during the predominant era of slave colonies.
Re: The Main Message Of The Bible: The Major Reason The Bible Was Written by Daejoyoung: 8:13am On Dec 12, 2019
Kalixx:

That is exactly the point: there is no resurrection and no hope. Religion is just a conditioning of the brain and an effective tool of control created by sound scholars, the upper echelon of the society, and the elites. The brainwashing is effective when they anticipate your resistance or your contention and then create arguments to defeat it.

That is why there is nothing like unjust oppression; the world you live in is a jungle -- take it or leave it. Have you seen where hyenas steal the young of mammals? These hyenas eat their prey starting from the entrails. They keep consuming while the animal is still alive, do you know what kind of pain that is? Like the king cobra, the black widow spider is notorious for killing her spouse after mating. What does this make her? A murderer!

So will she too be judged when this world ends? Whats her fate? You better come to terms to realise we all live in an imperfect world and the hope for an eternity of bliss was a well-planned generation-premeditated concoction to imprint on our minds, a defeatist mentality and let all our guards down while the elites control the laws and wealth.

It was just an effective check-and-balance to prevent large-scale uprisings of citizens and slaves especially, during the predominant era of slave colonies.
lf all humans have lived believing this(the world as a jungle) not having a faith that justice would surely come, or that there is a judge above the affairs of man( whether this is true or not), how do you think this world would have been like?
lf you believe this, then why not cheat your way through and oppress others to get what you want, especially if you are a powerful emperor whom no one can question or stop?
Your belief would never make society work, that is why pure hardened atheism leads to nihilism, and such atheists have not given our world much. The atheism we have today builds on liberalism which comes from humanism/ deism and all of these worldviews operate by faith, that the world is not a jungle. This is because humanism in the west assumes both the general religious and Christian worldview by default without even knowing it.

1 Like

Re: The Main Message Of The Bible: The Major Reason The Bible Was Written by Nobody: 11:07pm On Dec 12, 2019
Daejoyoung:

lf all humans have lived believing this(the world as a jungle) not having a faith that justice would surely come, or that there is a judge above the affairs of man( whether this is true or not), how do you think this world would have been like?
lf you believe this, then why not cheat your way through and oppress others to get what you want, especially if you are a powerful emperor whom no one can question or stop?
Your belief would never make society work, that is why pure hardened atheism leads to nihilism, and such atheists have not given our world much. The atheism we have today builds on liberalism which comes from humanism/ deism and all of these worldviews operate by faith, that the world is not a jungle. This is because humanism in the west assumes both the general religious and Christian worldview by default without even knowing it.

Bro, you are mistaken on so many fronts. Your first sentence alone shows you are not unaware of the ongoings in this world and you are lagging behind. First of all, I dont know who sells all you church-goers this notion that atheism is the gateway to anarchy. What Im about to tell you may shock you if you're not woke.

Bill Gates and Warren Buffett are pure and confirmed atheists. In Buffett's biography, it is quoted that "He adopted his father’s ethical underpinnings, but not his belief in an unseen divinity..." At different points in time, they held the title of the richest man in the world. Yet they are one of the greatest philantropists of all time. I know you have an idea of Bill Gates philanthropy, especially in Nigeria, but what you likely don't know is that Warren Buffett is a greater philanthropist. From 2000 to 2017, Buffett topped the list, giving away more than $46 billion since 2000. That worked out to 71 percent of his $65.5 billion fortune. I can't shout abeg, here's the link: https://www.cnbc.com/2017/09/21/warren-buffet-is-the-most-charitable-billionaire.html

So my question is how much have your greedy and money-hungry G.Os who so much believe in God handed out in form of philanthropy? Hope you saw that is about 71% of his wealth? And you're here saying atheism leads to anarchy? Abeg make I no hear that b*llshit talk again. angry

Your leaders that practice deism, is Nigeria not in anarchy today? They swear by the bible, swear the koran as oaths to office but wear the toga of corruption in complete pride. There has bn no light in the country for over 24hrs and that is not chaos, abi? Bokoharam are bombing anyhow with religious backing; Rivers state keeps flowing blood, a significant percentage of our youth are into yahoo, SARS and police keep killing people on a daily, Sowore has been locked up indefinitely, no light in the whole country for 24hours, corrupt leaders, sham, violent and fatal elections (e.g. Kogi), and all these do not yet constitute anarchy to you? Even in a country that is of Deism through and through?

Christianity should stop making you people dumb! You talk about atheism-cum-anarchy, and I will remind you of the dark ages where the Papal dynasty murdered millions of dissidents and advocates of Protestant and Reformation movements in Medieval Europe. You need to read how the 'church' convicted William Tyndale for heresy and killed him by strangulation. See, there is so many points I could reel out but let me just forgo this discussion. Meanwhile, have a look at some of the images I uploaded. The first shows Canada and USA as countries with more atheism percentage, yet sh*tholeans, the ones who resolutely believe in deism, would do almost anything to step into those lands:

Re: The Main Message Of The Bible: The Major Reason The Bible Was Written by Daejoyoung: 11:45pm On Dec 12, 2019
Kalixx:

Bro, you are mistaken on so many fronts. Your first sentence alone shows you are not unaware of the ongoings in this world and you are lagging behind. First of all, I dont know who sells all you church-goers this notion that atheism is the gateway to anarchy. What Im about to tell you may shock you if you're not woke.

Bill Gates and Warren Buffett are pure and confirmed atheists. In Buffett's biography, it is quoted that "He adopted his father’s ethical underpinnings, but not his belief in an unseen divinity..." At different points in time, they held the title of the richest man in the world. Yet they are one of the greatest philantropists of all time. I know you have an idea of Bill Gates philanthropy, especially in Nigeria, but what you likely don't know is that Warren Buffett is a greater philanthropist. From 2000 to 2017, Buffett topped the list, giving away more than $46 billion since 2000. That worked out to 71 percent of his $65.5 billion fortune. I can't shout abeg, here's the link: https://www.cnbc.com/2017/09/21/warren-buffet-is-the-most-charitable-billionaire.html

So my question is how much have your greedy and money-hungry G.Os who so much believe in God handed out in form of philanthropy? Hope you saw that is about 71% of his wealth? And you're here saying atheism leads to anarchy? Abeg make I no hear that b*llshit talk again. angry

Your leaders that practice deism, is Nigeria not in anarchy today? They swear by the bible, swear the koran as oaths to office but wear the toga of corruption in complete pride. There has bn no light in the country for over 24hrs and that is not chaos, abi? Bokoharam are bombing anyhow with religious backing; Rivers state keeps flowing blood, a significant percentage of our youth are into yahoo, SARS and police keep killing people on a daily, Sowore has been locked up indefinitely, no light in the whole country for 24hours, corrupt leaders, sham, violent and fatal elections (e.g. Kogi), and all these do not yet constitute anarchy to you? Even in a country that is of Deism through and through?

Christianity should stop making you people dumb! You talk about atheism-cum-anarchy, and I will remind you of the dark ages where the Papal dynasty murdered millions of dissidents and advocates of Protestant and Reformation movements in Medieval Europe. You need to read how the 'church' convicted William Tyndale for heresy and killed him by strangulation. See, there is so many points I could reel out but let me just forgo this discussion. Meanwhile, have a look at some of the images I uploaded. The first shows Canada and USA as countries with more atheism percentage, yet sh*tholeans, the ones who resolutely believe in deism, would do almost anything to step into those lands:
l knew you would come up with this kind of reply because you didn't read carefully.

l ask you again:

lf you are a powerful emperor in this world whom no one can question, say you are Alexander the great or Ghengis Khan, and one with this an ideology, an ideology that rejects faith that the world is not a jungle, what stops you from doing what you desire?
Explain to me why you should not cheat sometimes at least if it gets you what you and your family/ race wants?

We know how animals behave, what in your worldview stops us from behaving like them?

You gave me examples of Christians doing bad things in the name of christianity, l can also give you examples of Christians doing many good things in the name of christianity, giving their life for a greater cause or for hope that things would change, so you have no point there.

Think again before you reply: l am not asking you if atheists can be good people, or give up their life for a worthy cause, l am saying why should they? lf you say they can, then l say isn't that foolish given your belief system that there is no hope and no justice, no kingdom of God, and we are all like the animals?

Don't tell me about Bill Gates and the likes, these are all humanists born in societies with thousands of years of christian foundation.
l believe you are smart and know the difference.
l told you before, the western world as a whole is not a good example of core atheists. Take for instance this saying which all humanists in the west seem to believe in and is the foundation of human rights for a humanist non religious organisation like the United nations:

"We hold this truth to be self evident that all men are created equal".

Do you believe this also? because this statement has no proof and can only be held by faith.

And just for the records: l have no Daddy G.O's and the likes, like you seem to insinuate.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

On Masturbation... / Not Going To Church Because Of Naira Scarcity? / 30 Keys To Being An Effective Atheist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 160
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.