Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,143 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:42 AM

Samsung A20s Or Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Samsung A20s Or Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 (8907 Views)

Please Help... Infinix S4 Or Xiaomi Redmi 7 / Camon Cm Or Xiaomi Note 5A Prime?which Of These Two Is Advisable I Go For? / Where Do I Repair Phones Like Vernee, Oukitel, Leagoo Or Xiaomi? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Samsung A20s Or Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 by Andywhty(m): 10:55am On Nov 05, 2019
Haaa i nor go blame your mum only if she knows how strong and of a high quality her OPPO phone is she wont be begging for that your xiaomi that will give way soon.
GabrielYulaw:

Your English is great. We all can't be professors. I guess you are thinking that Xiaomi phones are very expensive. Actually there are cheap ones of high quality that beats anything brands like Tecno can put out.

Please go to the GSMArena page and have a look at all the Xiaomi and Redmi phones there. You will see cheap ones released years ago that are superior to most Tecno phones released this year.

More, some Xiaomi phones support 2 SIM cards and a separate space for SD card. So you are covered if you can't do without an SD card. Even the Redmi Note 8 pro has an Indian variant that supports 2 SIM cards and an SD card simultaneously. Unfortunately it is confined to the Indian market.

The issue here is not that Xiaomi and Redmi users are hyping the brand, but that it presents exceptional value for money and is stronger than anything else on the market. Take for example, my bro bought my mom an Oppo phone last month for 50 something thousand. I forgot the exact brand. The phone is colored purple and looks great. And yet, when my mom learned I wanted to sell my Mi Max 2 and get a Redmi Note 8 pro she started begging me to gift her my Mi Max 2 smiley

The Redmi Note 8 you want to buy is a good choice, and it's superior to the Samsung in my opinion. Go to AliExpress and you will see it's selling for around 50 something thousand.

Next week is 11.11, which means heavy discounts. So I would recommend that you find an extra 10 thousand and add it to what you have to buy the Redmi Note 8 pro from reputed sellers on Nairaland. It makes better sense.

You can of course buy your Samsung if you want. But before you make any purchase at least compare the features and capabilities of the two phones you want to buy.

Consider the cost of repairs. For Xiaomi and Redmi phones you can buy spare parts cheap on AliExpress and give it to any capable roadside repairer to use in fixing your phone. The cost of spares for Samsung phones and fixing them is quite high though, but then you know that.

Sorry for the epistle. And if you like phones and gadgets try to be a regular visitor at GSMARENA.
In fact, from GSMARENA I learned the Xiaomi Note 10 is coming out this month with 5 cameras on the back, one of which has an 108 MP sensor. Yes, 108 Megapixels. I might buy it instead of the Redmi Note 8 pro, cos it's hungering me. lol

1 Like

Re: Samsung A20s Or Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 by aramanda14: 11:11am On Nov 05, 2019
Have you checked out the OPPO A-Series?

OPPO A9 2020 - N89,900.
OPPO A1k - N39,900.
OPPO A3s 2GB/16GB - N39,900
OPPO A3s 3GB/32GB - N51,900.
OPPO A5s 3GB/32GB - N53,900
OPPO A5s 4GB/64GB - N64,900.
OPPO A9 2020 8GB/128GB -N89,900.

Read their reviews and thank me later
https://www.oppo.com/ng/smartphone-a9-2020/
Re: Samsung A20s Or Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 by ZesusHVWritter(m): 1:20pm On Nov 05, 2019
Androidking:

AliEpress 50k plus

Nigeria here is 63k

Remember that what most Nigerians will look at is Ram and storage and cameras and ba3 right (by default) people hardly check GPU and CPu..

Now Tecno Camon 12 is 46-47k

Am telling u that Redmi product is not cheap when u sell it in Nigeria,,,,

Two infinix and Tecno are cheaper regardless of d scrab the put inside which typical Nigerians don't care, , ,

All I am begging is Xiaomi users should pls stop attacking...
When you say "what most Nigerians will look at is Ram and storage and cameras and ba3 right (by default) people hardly check GPU and CPu.." are you implying that most Nigerians are ignorant technologically? because we on the this thread are most Nigerians and we have refused to be blinded by expensive storage devices that are being publicised as smartphones.
What makes a smartphone is the gpu and cpu.

Someone I suggested the Samsung A2 core to few days ago, just bought it few minutes ago, for 25100naira.
And it's just 1gig ram and 16gig rom. Yet no tecno or infinix device is comparable to the Samsung A2 core when considering the price bracket, in terms of usage and productivity, even if the transission device is 6gig ram and 256gig rom.

The xiaomi redmi 8 with 4/64gig is priced 47k in Nigeria and 44k on aliexpress you can't compare it to any transission device from 50-80k and not have the redmi 8 thumping it all round.

It's why it's the duty of every well thinking Nigerian here on nairaland and offline, to enlighten every potential phone buyer to go for affordable devices that meet every possible standard in terms of the hard earned money they are spending on the smartphone.

For every price range tecno or infinix or itel has a device, there is a better offering from xiaomi, realme, lenovo, Samsung and huawei.
So don't be quick to encourage people to be wasteful because you expect smartphone users to be mindful of only the storage composition and not be worried that they are spending their hard earned money on scrabs.

9 Likes

Re: Samsung A20s Or Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 by Sunnybabe(m): 3:31pm On Nov 05, 2019
ZesusHVWritter:

When you say "what most Nigerians will look at is Ram and storage and cameras and ba3 right (by default) people hardly check GPU and CPu.." are you implying that most Nigerians are ignorant technologically? because we on the this thread are most Nigerians and we have refused to be blinded by expensive storage devices that are being publicised as smartphones.

Someone I suggested the Samsung A2 core to few days ago, just bought it few minutes ago, for 25100naira.
And it's just 1gig ram and 16gig rom. Yet no tecno or infinix device is comparable to the Samsung A2 core when considering the price bracket, in terms of usage and productivity, even if the transission device is 6gig ram and 256gig rom.

The xiaomi redmi 8 with 4/64gig is priced 47k in Nigeria and 44k on aliexpress you can't compare it to any transission device from 50-80k and not have the redmi 8 thumping it all round.

It's why it's the duty of every well thinking Nigerian here on nairaland and offline, to enlighten every potential phone buyer to go for affordable devices that meet every possible standard in terms of the hard earned money they are spending on the smartphone.

For every price range tecno or infinix or itel has a device, there is a better offering from xiaomi, realme, lenovo, Samsung and huawei.
So don't be quick to encourage people to be wasteful because you expect smartphone users to be mindful of only the storage composition and not be worried that they are spending their hard earned money on scrabs.
bro abeg... which AliExpress are u talking abt... because all am seeing there for note 8 is 50 something
Re: Samsung A20s Or Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 by alkene007: 3:40pm On Nov 05, 2019
ZesusHVWritter:

Pls who know from which store(s) can i get xiaomi phones ,,, probably in ibadan
Re: Samsung A20s Or Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 by Androidking: 4:14pm On Nov 05, 2019
ZesusHVWritter:

First am not encouraging anything, secondly I never said xiaomi is a bad device, I just want xiaomi users on Nairaland to stop attacking other brands so much, der is different advising and attacking,

Secondly if xiaomi wants more buyers from Nigeria market they will simply launch more in Nigeria, increasing der marketing strategy, , , they never asked Nairaland users to do it for them, at least not by attacking other users...

And der is no way der phone will be cheaper than, Tecno and infinix as far as its from local store in Nigeria, pls check Jumia and compare price, because Tecno phones will be cheaper too if it happens to be in AliEpress so use typical Nigeria market to compare....

I am planning to buy Redmi note 8 and am currently using Infinix note 5.

Right now at the moment we have so many phone company, and der is always urge to buy phones and dey come in all the time,
Re: Samsung A20s Or Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 by Androidking: 4:15pm On Nov 05, 2019
aramanda14:

OPPO A9 2020 - N89,900.
OPPO A1k - N39,900.

Camon 12 4/gig 64 gig with dual front flax 46k
Camon 12 pro 6gig 64gig dual front flash 67k with 1 and half year warranty.. How is that for a cheap phone
Re: Samsung A20s Or Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 by Androidking: 4:16pm On Nov 05, 2019
aramanda14:

OPPO A9 2020 - N89,900.
OPPO A1k - N39,900.

Infinix s4 3gig 32 gig 48mega pix camera 46k

Pls compare the prices and tell me which one is cheap
Re: Samsung A20s Or Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 by Androidking: 4:18pm On Nov 05, 2019
aramanda14:

OPPO A9 2020 - N89,900.
OPPO A1k - N39,900.

Phantom 9, 78k I believe u know the spec.... And it will do everything xiaomi, Samsung will do,
Re: Samsung A20s Or Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 by meshachdbuzz(m): 4:54pm On Nov 05, 2019
Androidking:

First am not encouraging anything, secondly I never said xiaomi is a bad device, I just want xiaomi users on Nairaland to stop attacking other brands so much, der is different advising and attacking,

Secondly if xiaomi wants more buyers from Nigeria market they will simply launch more in Nigeria, increasing der marketing strategy, , , they never asked Nairaland users to do it for them, at least not by attacking other users...

And der is no way der phone will be cheaper than, Tecno and infinix as far as its from local store in Nigeria, pls check Jumia and compare price, because Tecno phones will be cheaper too if it happens to be in AliEpress so use typical Nigeria market to compare....

I am planning to buy Redmi note 8 and am currently using Infinix note 5.

Right now at the moment we have so many phone company, and der is always urge to buy phones and dey come in all the time,
Infinix phone is on aliexpress for ur info
Re: Samsung A20s Or Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 by meshachdbuzz(m): 4:56pm On Nov 05, 2019
Androidking:

Phantom 9, 78k I believe u know the spec.... And it will do everything xiaomi, Samsung will do,
Some not all oo mind you
Re: Samsung A20s Or Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 by ZesusHVWritter(m): 5:24pm On Nov 05, 2019
Sunnybabe:
bro abeg... which AliExpress are u talking abt... because all am seeing there for note 8 is 50 something
I am talking of the redmi 8, not the redmi note 8.
Re: Samsung A20s Or Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 by ZesusHVWritter(m): 5:25pm On Nov 05, 2019
alkene007:

For now, I would advice you check the slot branches in Ibadan.
Re: Samsung A20s Or Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 by Sunnybabe(m): 5:31pm On Nov 05, 2019
ZesusHVWritter:
I see
Re: Samsung A20s Or Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 by ZesusHVWritter(m): 6:29pm On Nov 05, 2019
Androidking:

I just want xiaomi users on Nairaland to stop attacking other brands so much, der is different advising and attacking,

What you call attacking I call enlightening.
No xiaomi user sees an infinix or tecno user and starts throwing stones or harmful objects at them.
Xiaomi makes devices so good we that have used transission devices get disgrunted and feel burdened to never allow anyone go the transission way.

I am in 2019, what year are you in? Because xiaomi is not only locally in Nigeria, but it's also present in offline stores, with more than 8 after sales service centres already installed in Nigeria, xiaomi has been in Nigeria unofficially for more than 6years, but has been in Nigeria officially for less than 2years, and the local mobile industry in Nigeria is feeling everything xiaomi. So where you get your deductions that xiaomi is not in Nigeria locally is beyond me.

Tecno or infinix products are not priced unreasonably because they are here locally, tecno and infinix devices are more expensive in India than they are in Nigeria, it's so because there are persons who are still gullible enough to purchase a transission device with the excuse of it being here locally. When the truth is, there is no good product you want in Nigeria that you can't get.

The prices you see on jumia are placed by merchants and sellers just like on aliexpress. When you want an official price of a xiaomi product on jumia, always look for the one being sold locally not from abroad.

1 Like

Re: Samsung A20s Or Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 by ZesusHVWritter(m): 6:54pm On Nov 05, 2019
Androidking:

This is the problem. The tecno phantom 9 of 78k, is practically inferior to the least xiaomi phone launched this year, am talking of the redmi 8. the phantom 9 cost 78k as against the redmi 8 which costs 47k.

If you can, as a smartphone user justify tecno's phantom 9 78k pricing as against the redmi 8 47k Nigeria price, then transission devices are not a composition of outdated and poorly assembled low leveled java devices being magnified as smartphones.
But if you can't, kindly stop advising Nigerians to keep dumping their hard earned money into wasteful endeavours like buying a transition device when something more affordable and superior is readily available I am talking of brands like Samsung, huawei, xiaomi, lenovo and realme.

6 Likes

Re: Samsung A20s Or Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 by salvo583: 7:05pm On Nov 05, 2019
alkene007:

Raya Store at Jericho Dugbe Road
Re: Samsung A20s Or Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 by Freeko4: 7:19pm On Nov 05, 2019
Androidking:

Boss calm down na, how do u sleep @nite?

Link below: comparison btw ur phantom 9 and redmi note 8

https://www.devicespecifications.com/en/comparison/a7171697d8

2 Likes

Re: Samsung A20s Or Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 by korban3134(m): 7:22pm On Nov 05, 2019
Ejadike:
it depends on your budget.

Redmi Note 8 starts at N59k
Re: Samsung A20s Or Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 by Freeko4: 7:27pm On Nov 05, 2019
korban3134:

Redmi Note 8 starts at N59k

Bought the 4gb/64gb variant 2day for 63k @ikeja
Re: Samsung A20s Or Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 by korban3134(m): 7:28pm On Nov 05, 2019
GabrielYulaw:

Your English is great. We all can't be professors. I guess you are thinking that Xiaomi phones are very expensive. Actually there are cheap ones of high quality that beats anything brands like Tecno can put out.

Please go to the GSMArena page and have a look at all the Xiaomi and Redmi phones there. You will see cheap ones released years ago that are superior to most Tecno phones released this year.

More, some Xiaomi phones support 2 SIM cards and a separate space for SD card. So you are covered if you can't do without an SD card. Even the Redmi Note 8 pro has an Indian variant that supports 2 SIM cards and an SD card simultaneously. Unfortunately it is confined to the Indian market.

The issue here is not that Xiaomi and Redmi users are hyping the brand, but that it presents exceptional value for money and is stronger than anything else on the market. Take for example, my bro bought my mom an Oppo phone last month for 50 something thousand. I forgot the exact brand. The phone is colored purple and looks great. And yet, when my mom learned I wanted to sell my Mi Max 2 and get a Redmi Note 8 pro she started begging me to gift her my Mi Max 2 smiley

The Redmi Note 8 you want to buy is a good choice, and it's superior to the Samsung in my opinion. Go to AliExpress and you will see it's selling for around 50 something thousand.

Next week is 11.11, which means heavy discounts. So I would recommend that you find an extra 10 thousand and add it to what you have to buy the Redmi Note 8 pro from reputed sellers on Nairaland. It makes better sense.

You can of course buy your Samsung if you want. But before you make any purchase at least compare the features and capabilities of the two phones you want to buy.

Consider the cost of repairs. For Xiaomi and Redmi phones you can buy spare parts cheap on AliExpress and give it to any capable roadside repairer to use in fixing your phone. The cost of spares for Samsung phones and fixing them is quite high though, but then you know that.

Sorry for the epistle. And if you like phones and gadgets try to be a regular visitor at GSMARENA.
In fact, from GSMARENA I learned the Xiaomi Note 10 is coming out this month with 5 cameras on the back, one of which has an 108 MP sensor. Yes, 108 Megapixels. I might buy it instead of the Redmi Note 8 pro, cos it's hungering me. lol

I don't know who you are or where you come from, but one thing is very clear... you're a sound human being with a good head on your shoulders....you've said it all wink smiley

Proven that you're "The One" @moniker wink
Re: Samsung A20s Or Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 by GabrielYulaw(m): 7:52pm On Nov 05, 2019
korban3134:

I don't know who you are or where you come from, but one thing is very clear... you're a sound human being with a good head on your shoulders....you've said it all wink smiley

Hahahaha. Thanks. I am honored. smiley
Re: Samsung A20s Or Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 by GabrielYulaw(m): 7:56pm On Nov 05, 2019
korban3134:

Wait, you actually know who Gabriel Yulaw is? Cool.
Re: Samsung A20s Or Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 by jboixxx: 8:09pm On Nov 05, 2019
GabrielYulaw:

Wait, you actually know who Gabriel Yulaw is? Cool.
Boss mi, I greet you sir.
Re: Samsung A20s Or Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 by jboixxx: 8:13pm On Nov 05, 2019
Androidking, don't worry about hybrid SIM phones, I've got your back with SIM extenders with which you can use your 2 SIMs and memory card simultaneously. It's just N750 (delivery fee inclusive).

Memory cards of diff sizes (16GB to 128GB) and brands (SanDisk Ultra C10 A1 and Mixza C10) available too. Check →my advert thread← for other avail deals for your mobile device(s). →WhatsApp me here←
Re: Samsung A20s Or Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 by GabrielYulaw(m): 8:21pm On Nov 05, 2019
jboixxx:

Boss mi, I greet you sir.

Ahhh... It's been long. Sorry I dropped out of touch.
Re: Samsung A20s Or Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 by Androidking: 5:40pm On Nov 06, 2019
ZesusHVWritter:

I.didnt get that but

But Redmi 8 and Note 8 no be mate.
Re: Samsung A20s Or Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 by Androidking: 5:44pm On Nov 06, 2019
ZesusHVWritter:

What you call attacking I call enlightening.
No xiaomi user sees an infinix or tecno user and starts throwing stones or harmful objects at them.
Xiaomi makes devices so good we that have used transission devices get disgrunted and feel burdened to never allow anyone go the transission way.

I am in 2019, what year are you in? Because xiaomi is not only locally in Nigeria, but it's also present in offline stores, with more than 8 after sales service centres already installed in Nigeria, xiaomi has been in Nigeria unofficially for more than 6years, but has been in Nigeria officially for less than 2years, and the local mobile industry in Nigeria is feeling everything xiaomi. So where you get your deductions that xiaomi is not in Nigeria locally is beyond me.

Tecno or infinix products are not priced unreasonably because they are here locally, tecno and infinix devices are more expensive in India than they are in Nigeria, it's so because there are persons who are still gullible enough to purchase a transission device with the excuse of it being here locally. When the truth is, there is no good product you want in Nigeria that you can't get.

The prices you see on jumia are placed by merchants and sellers just like on aliexpress. When you want an official price of a xiaomi product on jumia, always look for the one being sold locally not from abroad.

U may say that and I wish other will enlighten others like u are doing, I never hate d product, but I also know no phone is perfect, , , its good we say, buy "buy Redmi u won't regret it "
Dan saying "buy Redmi avoid Tecno der product is trash"
That is my only concern nothing,

Any way its good to have good people to reason with, I will wait for black Fridays, hopefully I will get the note 8 cheaper, and its my first Xiaomi phone, some one can dash me his Note 7 grin grin grin
Re: Samsung A20s Or Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 by Sunnybabe(m): 6:05pm On Nov 06, 2019
Androidking:

U may say that and I wish other will enlighten others like u are doing, I never hate d product, but I also know no phone is perfect, , , its good we say, buy "buy Redmi u won't regret it "
Dan saying "buy Redmi avoid Tecno der product is trash"
That is my only concern nothing,

Any way its good to have good people to reason with, I will wait for black Fridays, hopefully I will get the note 8 cheaper, and its my first Xiaomi phone, some one can dash me his Note 7 grin grin grin
grin cheesy grin
Re: Samsung A20s Or Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 by gogeekish(m): 11:56pm On Nov 06, 2019
Who told you Xiaomi is making use of nairaland users help them do marketing? Lolzzz

Do you think xiaomi knows much about nairaland?

Can you flash back? The buzz about xiaomi started way too long on nairaland before xiaomi considered entering Africa this year..

Oh I got where the idea of Xiaomi using users of Nairaland do their marketing... And this idea came from what Tecno and infinix paid marketers did: which is, coming to nairaland.com and brag about one feature and making it front page...

Have you ever seen a xiaomi thread go front page?
Re: Samsung A20s Or Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 by Androidking: 2:52pm On Nov 09, 2019
gogeekish:
Who told you Xiaomi is making use of nairaland users help them do marketing? Lolzzz

Do you think xiaomi knows much about nairaland?

Can you flash back? The buzz about xiaomi started way too long on nairaland before xiaomi considered entering Africa this year..

Oh I got where the idea of Xiaomi using users of Nairaland do their marketing... And this idea came from what Tecno and infinix paid marketers did: which is, coming to nairaland.com and brag about one feature and making it front page...

Have you ever seen a xiaomi thread go front page?

Pls read very well, before u jump into unnecessary conclusion
Re: Samsung A20s Or Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 by Youngsage: 4:18pm On Nov 09, 2019
Androidking:

Thank u so much for that awesome, reply,

I.said awesome because u didn't attack any brand in ur post even Samsung A20s.... I love the fact u also considered cost,

Yes I never used Redmi phones before and I am aiming note 8....

Why I ask the question is most Redmi users always attack d like of Tecno and infinix and they forget that cost and budget is also involved while making choice...

The likes of hybrid sim is turn off to me that's y I didn't purchase Note 7.

So in other words I wish all Xiaomi users will allow Tecno and Infinix users enjoy der phone, not every one is tech gig not everyone likes gaming...

Pls tell dem, in the Redmi thread all I see is complain and solutions I think that thread is hot because Redmi users are doing every thing within der power to make d phone relevant on Nairaland....

I am making choice between Samsung galaxy A30 or Redmi note 8...

Don't mind my English though

Well just to mention this in passing, I have a Huawei y9 2019 for sale, in pristine condition 10/10 Going at a discounted rate.

Dedicated SD card slot as well. You can hit me up if you're interested.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Twitter, Facebook, Google Not Liable For Postings that endorse terrorist attacks / Airtel Unveils Free 1GB Weekend Plan To Subscribers / Help My Tecno L9 Plus Is Not Charging.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.