Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,396 members, 7,808,419 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:40 AM

FUNAAB Expels Michael Adewale Ifemosu For Writing Open Letter To VC On Facebook - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / FUNAAB Expels Michael Adewale Ifemosu For Writing Open Letter To VC On Facebook (38600 Views)

Adewale Alao posted to Enugu for his NYSC now has a school in Enugu / UNIBEN Students Express High Displeasure Towards VC On N20,000 Late Payment Fee / FG Sends Uniport VC On Compulsory Leave (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FUNAAB Expels Michael Adewale Ifemosu For Writing Open Letter To VC On Facebook by Mires: 5:53pm On Nov 03, 2019
The guy never knew that no student dares challenge University management in South West and go free
Re: FUNAAB Expels Michael Adewale Ifemosu For Writing Open Letter To VC On Facebook by Xisnin(m): 5:53pm On Nov 03, 2019
BluntBoy:

He was not asked to provide proof of incompetence against the management. Incompetence is not the same as dishonesty, shameless sycophancy, and misappropriation that he ignorantly accused the management of. And being competent does not mean someone cannot misappropriate funds or be dishonest.

Please, read. Reading does not kill.
Chai!
Unfortunately, I cannot get back the seconds I have wasted engaging you.
Re: FUNAAB Expels Michael Adewale Ifemosu For Writing Open Letter To VC On Facebook by immaq8(f): 5:56pm On Nov 03, 2019
Jamb will be smiling.... more customers.
Re: FUNAAB Expels Michael Adewale Ifemosu For Writing Open Letter To VC On Facebook by WriterX(m): 5:56pm On Nov 03, 2019
wisdom is profitable to direct, he could as well write an open letter to buhari, there is an SUG in that school or some form of student parliament, there have been graduates with great results too , I don't want to sound harsh as I see myself as a future activist but again he got everything wrong.

that was not an open letter, I have written letters and I can assure you that whatever that Oga wrote was more of a defamation of character and to think he even posted it out, talk about biting the fingers that feed you.

I feel for him, alot of frustration and depression perhaps but he really messed up probably he did no consultation with anyone maybe one or two people supported him but now he is out in the open, no one would want to associate with the fella, that's life.
Re: FUNAAB Expels Michael Adewale Ifemosu For Writing Open Letter To VC On Facebook by ngwababe(f): 5:59pm On Nov 03, 2019
Xisnin:
I salute the courage of this student.
He has done what many our cowardly elders refuse to do while Nigeria was rotting away.

Some of you laughing at him for being expelled, are you certain that you will have a brighter future
with your degree?

Ride on comrade.

Ride on comrade? Give this type some public funds, my brother, they will still steal it.
I've come to realize that people who talk often are the worst people you can trust. How many of our Comrades then came out fine (keeps clean sheets now)? Imagine Oshomole and co? Who still hears about Charly boy now? Daddy freeze will insult pastors for stealing from members but will make friends with Hushpuppy and co.
Re: FUNAAB Expels Michael Adewale Ifemosu For Writing Open Letter To VC On Facebook by BluntBoy(m): 5:59pm On Nov 03, 2019
Xisnin:

You have fallen for the management's propaganda.
Which evidence do you want him to present?
Is he not a student suffering from a lack of transportation and also SARS arrestment?

Didn't the VC budget millions every year for transport purposes?
Why was there no improvement?

The management cannot deny any of the facts stated in the open letter.
A good lawyer can extract millions in damages from the school management for illegal expulsion.

Just let the matter rest. The guy was rude, and deserved what he got.

For one thing, he didn't think the letter through. He could not even stay on a point, and he was all over the place. At a point, it appeared like he was calling out the management over misappropriation of funds, then he dabbles into sycophancy of the staff for political posts.

Here is one of the many unnecessary parts of his post which had/has no bearing on an open letter that ought to draw attention to the transportation and police harassment plaguing the school:

How do you expect a Professor who has received over 50 million dollars in grants from Bill Gates Foundation to be hustling to be a Vice-Chancellor, Dean or Director so he can start siphoning monies? He is busy of course! But right here in Funaab, it is the best thing that can happen to a Professor. He/She would celebrate God’s faithfulness as he/she now has unfettered access to public funds.

These are very serious accusations against every professor (even the good ones) of FUNAAB.

From the write-up: the bad English, the open insults and the unnecessary grandiose, it is very evident that he is a learner. Even activism is an act that needs to be patiently and thoroughly learnt before practice.

Next time, he should make a plan for what he hopes to achieve, and stay on the plan. You want to write an open letter to the VC stating your displeasure with the transportation and police harassment issues. You want to make sure you state only events that can be easily corroborated.

1 Like

Re: FUNAAB Expels Michael Adewale Ifemosu For Writing Open Letter To VC On Facebook by WriterX(m): 6:00pm On Nov 03, 2019
Ifyz0001:
Come let this SUG stand up and fight for this student... He is saying the truth, how can you queue for public bus to school and Deen of student affairs cruise in "official car" to the same schl seeing his student queue endlessly for bus to schl.

For how long would these our leaders always subdue we the youths? For how long?

This is a sweet case for the human right lawyers.

perhaps you should ask where where the SUG when a student had to stand up and speak out, I feel for the guy but things will get rough before they get better for him.

1 Like

Re: FUNAAB Expels Michael Adewale Ifemosu For Writing Open Letter To VC On Facebook by Xisnin(m): 6:02pm On Nov 03, 2019
OloladeWrites:

I'm sorry to say, you are the one that can't comprehend.. Stop making conclusions after read 1st paragraph. Did you even read the expulsion letter?
I can call out my Local Govt Chairman if the road to my house is bad. But the moment I put it there that my Local govt Chairman diverted the money meant for road works without having evidence then I should be expecting a law suit.
Calling out the school is a very good thing. In fact everyone in the school may support his claims but where is the 'Substantial Evidence'?
Let him call for a legal redress if he has evidence and was illegally expelled. It was in the expulsion letter that he couldn't provide evidence at the meeting the disciplinary committee invited him to, hence his expulsion.

You are illiterate pure and simple.
I am not suggesting that you can't recognize individual words but the meaning are beyond your understanding.

If your chairman keeps budgeting millions every year and nothing to show for it.
It is within your rights to ask questions, be angry and even assume that the money is going elsewhere.

Fortunately, the letter is open for all to read and this hero was even more considerate by refusing to call the VC
the outright thief that he is.

This young hero didn't behave like the many cowards we have here.
He identified a problem, place the blame with its lies and proffered solution.

It is possible that you still don't get it but I can help you much further.

2 Likes

Re: FUNAAB Expels Michael Adewale Ifemosu For Writing Open Letter To VC On Facebook by Xisnin(m): 6:05pm On Nov 03, 2019
ngwababe:

Ride on comrade? Give this type some public funds, my brother, they will still steal it.
I've come to realize that people who talk often are the worst people you can trust. How many of our Comrades then came out fine (keeps clean sheets now)? Imagine Oshomole and co? Who still hears about Charly boy now? Daddy freeze will insult pastors for stealing from members but will make friends with Hushpuppy and co.
Saint Ngwababe, please stick to the topic.
Have you ever engaged in a selfless activity your entire life?

But for the people who would speak out, you would even be afraid to comment online.
Appreciate good things when you see them.

1 Like

Re: FUNAAB Expels Michael Adewale Ifemosu For Writing Open Letter To VC On Facebook by Nwaonyishi69: 6:10pm On Nov 03, 2019
[quote author=Mires post=83711784]The guy never knew that no student dares challenge University management in South West and go free[/quote. This South West self. How do they get their professors and vc's? Other professors should be ready to defend this distinguished young man and the academic tradition of activism. But, when admission, grades, students' unions like motor park associations, PhD degrees and professorship are all based on family, state, or party affiliation, what else except decay does a nation harvest. As Fela asked and we fail to understand or sit up for even now, 'who go come save this country?'
Re: FUNAAB Expels Michael Adewale Ifemosu For Writing Open Letter To VC On Facebook by Nobody: 6:11pm On Nov 03, 2019
Xisnin:

You are just another coward who thinks bending backward is the key to success in life.
How have you feared well with your lifetime of docility?

You don't get it because you cannot think of anyone outside yourself.

Coward?? I’m sincerely laughing at u.... There are better ways to fight and expose authorities when there’s no concrete evidence of allegations yet......like I said u don’t bring a knife to a gun fight
Re: FUNAAB Expels Michael Adewale Ifemosu For Writing Open Letter To VC On Facebook by dapkin(m): 6:12pm On Nov 03, 2019
Unfortunately...these so-called university management are so vicious in their approach. They would rather go on a wild-goose chase rather than confronting the issues raised head-on.

The case of Olorunfemi Adeyeye of UNILAG comes to mind. Do you know that after suspending him for 4 semesters, and after serving the suspension, he is yet to be re-instated in school(as of 2 months ago). If we cannot air our voices to effect the change we want to see, i wonder the kind of tomorrow we are yearning for. That vicious cycle is what we are seeing playing out in our institutions of learning. Sycophants to VCs get the topmost positions in the university and the godfathers keep dictating to the present management. They tell who to elevate and who to demote, who to promote and who to suspend for frivolous reasons.

It will interest you that a lot of cover-ups happen in the university. If you care to know...check out the numerous petitions to ICPC as concerning the University management. It is people who after playing the good student role, and after studying abroad, comes back and complain of the "unemployable graduate", "bank deductions", "police harassment", " insecurity" and "power issues". Interestingly, while they were students, they chose to play it safe...and would later become victims of the same thing they should have voiced out when they had the opportunity to do so.
Re: FUNAAB Expels Michael Adewale Ifemosu For Writing Open Letter To VC On Facebook by Nwaonyishi69: 6:13pm On Nov 03, 2019
[quote author=Mires post=83711784]The guy never knew that no student dares challenge University management in South West and go free[/quote) .This South West self. How do they get their professors and vc's? Other professors should be ready to defend this distinguished young man and the academic tradition of activism. But, when admission, grades, students' unions like motor park associations, PhD degrees and professorship are all based on family, state, or party affiliation, what else except decay does a nation harvest. As Fela asked and we fail to understand or sit up for even now, 'who go come save this country?'
Re: FUNAAB Expels Michael Adewale Ifemosu For Writing Open Letter To VC On Facebook by Nobody: 6:15pm On Nov 03, 2019
quardiehormone:
The guy over talk, This is Nigeria and all these are not new. I'm a graduate of the school and nothing that goes to the School's Disciplinary Committee comes out well. And it's a lesson to all, one should have concrete evidences while putting forward allegations. See Atiku and Bubus election case.
You have a point but don't be a coward...
Re: FUNAAB Expels Michael Adewale Ifemosu For Writing Open Letter To VC On Facebook by BluntBoy(m): 6:16pm On Nov 03, 2019
Xisnin:

Chai!
Unfortunately, I cannot get back the seconds I have wasted engaging you.

Be humble. You can't learn by being arrogant.

The student did not merely accuse the management of incompetence, he accused them of misappropriating funds, and licking asses for political appointments.

Supposing Mr X is the VC of FUNAAB. He budgets 1 million naira every year for ease of transportation, but after five years, the issue remains unresolved. Would you just conclude that Mr X has been misappropriating funds, especially if you have no evidence?

What if Mr X has been mismanaging the money, and not misappropriating it?

These are things that the law looks at.

Incompetence can make you mismanage funds. Mr X may never have even embezzled funds in his life, but his incompetence continues to make him mismanage funds.
Re: FUNAAB Expels Michael Adewale Ifemosu For Writing Open Letter To VC On Facebook by Nobody: 6:33pm On Nov 03, 2019
Re: FUNAAB Expels Michael Adewale Ifemosu For Writing Open Letter To VC On Facebook by ajl: 6:39pm On Nov 03, 2019
Going by the first sets of comments here it is clear that Nigerians generally do not know the meaning or essence of a University. It is meant to be a place for free expression where you can stand out to verbally challenge the authorities based on facts. You don't clamp down on a student that raise important questions about welfare of all students. Is it not for the common good. The comments criticizing the student just for to show that Nigerian society is filled with individuals who cannot differentiate left from right or right from wrong. This is truly a dark continent.
Re: FUNAAB Expels Michael Adewale Ifemosu For Writing Open Letter To VC On Facebook by webngnews: 6:40pm On Nov 03, 2019
Hmmm
Re: FUNAAB Expels Michael Adewale Ifemosu For Writing Open Letter To VC On Facebook by ajl: 6:42pm On Nov 03, 2019
BluntBoy:

Be humble. You can't learn by being arrogant.

The student did not merely accuse the management of incompetence, he accused them of misappropriating funds, and licking asses for political appointments.

Supposing Mr X is the VC of FUNAAB. He budgets 1 million naira every year for ease of transportation, but after five years, the issue remains unresolved. Would you just conclude that Mr X has been misappropriating funds, especially if you have no evidence?

What if Mr X has been mismanaging the money, and not misappropriating it?

These are things that the law looks at.

Incompetence can make you mismanage funds. Mr X may never have even embezzled funds in his life, but his incompetence continues to make him mismanage funds.

That's why things need to be discussed openly. The university authorities should have published a factual response that shed light on the questions raised. As usual old men feeling too big to be answerable to the students they are employed to train. A reflection of one of the general problems in Nigeria. Big man mentality.

In the eyes of the university authorities and average Nigerian they are doing the right things but in the eyes of the world outside Nigeria the university authorities has done more damage to the reputation and image of the institution as a place where open debate cannot be held over student issues. These folks are surely dumb. I imagine they got their PhD in Nigeria or same institution.
Re: FUNAAB Expels Michael Adewale Ifemosu For Writing Open Letter To VC On Facebook by ngwababe(f): 6:53pm On Nov 03, 2019
Xisnin:

Saint Ngwababe, please stick to the topic.
Have you ever engaged in a selfless activity your entire life?

But for the people who would speak out, you would even be afraid to comment online.
Appreciate good things when you see them.

Wanted to apologize for quoting you but then I found out that you're one arrogant soul. All you should do now is to engage in a protest, you and likes for the poor boy, or help him gain an admission into school where there's no corruption in this country.
Wisdom is indeed, profitable to direct.
Re: FUNAAB Expels Michael Adewale Ifemosu For Writing Open Letter To VC On Facebook by Kasalee001(m): 6:55pm On Nov 03, 2019
dominique:
I feel the epxulsion decision was too steep but he brought this upon himself. You're in school to study, get your degree and vamoose not challenge school authority, even implying that they are thieves

Who doesn't know about the misappropriation and mismanagement of funds going on in our higher institutions? Na only get fingers to type "long long English" (in Mercy Eke"s voice). I feel for him but he brought this mess upon himself

Edit
@all the people ranting and bellowing under my mention. How many have publicly called out your school authorities? How many of you have written open letters to your VC accusing him of theft, sabotage, ratting out students to EFCC amongst other things? If no and you're still undergraduates, kindly take to your Facebook or Instagram accounts and do so. Till then, buzz off my mentions.

Big advance fool
Come and beat me , I am in my house
Re: FUNAAB Expels Michael Adewale Ifemosu For Writing Open Letter To VC On Facebook by taiyeayodeji: 6:58pm On Nov 03, 2019
he has a right to view his opinion but when you are writing something.u must be able to prove everything you write, he made some derogatory statement at some professors, does he have proof for that.Offcourse our system is corrupt but he made a generalization about some professors.i am sure they must have asked him when invited to the disciplinary committee if he had proof.if he has no evidence for what he wrote, he has to face the music.its good to criticise but you need to do it like an i intelligent writer who cannot be faulted.he insulted some professors in his open letter.honesty that was rude , freedom of speech does not mean not applying wisdom and politeness.However , i think the punishment was harsh.i think one or two semesters suspension would have been better

superior1:
No wonder Nigerians can’t protest bad governance, if students can be expelled from voicing opinions.

That useless VC should be sacked.
Re: FUNAAB Expels Michael Adewale Ifemosu For Writing Open Letter To VC On Facebook by LiaKnitter: 6:59pm On Nov 03, 2019
dominique:
I feel the epxulsion decision was too steep but he brought this upon himself. You're in school to study, get your degree and vamoose not challenge school authority, even implying that they are thieves

Who doesn't know about the misappropriation and mismanagement of funds going on in our higher institutions? Na only get fingers to type "long long English" (in Mercy Eke"s voice). I feel for him but he brought this mess upon himself

Edit
@all the people ranting and bellowing under my mention. How many have publicly called out your school authorities? How many of you have written open letters to your VC accusing him of theft, sabotage, ratting out students to EFCC amongst other things? If no and you're still undergraduates, kindly take to your Facebook or Instagram accounts and do so. Till then, buzz off my mentions.

Seriously?
Re: FUNAAB Expels Michael Adewale Ifemosu For Writing Open Letter To VC On Facebook by Obason22(m): 7:02pm On Nov 03, 2019
It provides for students to be members of the University Budget Monitoring Committee (UBMC). This would bring about the much-talked-about probity and accountability by both parties.
Re: FUNAAB Expels Michael Adewale Ifemosu For Writing Open Letter To VC On Facebook by Skyrose: 7:04pm On Nov 03, 2019
The guy is someone I know well he is just in funaab to get the certificate...his family is loaded ...he has money
Re: FUNAAB Expels Michael Adewale Ifemosu For Writing Open Letter To VC On Facebook by taiyeayodeji: 7:12pm On Nov 03, 2019
I don't think nigerians know what freedom of speech means.Freedom of speech does not mean making unguarded and careless statement.even in advance countries, you can be sued if you make very grievous or spread false news about somebody.i think the first thing any university does in such a case is to invite him to a disciplinary committee and may be required to prove all his allegations.i think the only part wrong in his letter was his insult on the professors.most people on nairaland can't take insult from anybody and most don't see it as as freedom of speech for anybody to write derogatory statement about a tribe or an abuse at oneself.i think we nigerians sometime are hypocrite.we need to know how to pass information without being rude and we need to be sure of everything we write.if the guy has proof , then let him go to court to challenge the Senate. By the way, there is a student union in the school.

ngwababe:

Wanted to apologize for quoting you but then I found out that you're one arrogant soul. All you should do now is to engage in a protest, you and likes for the poor boy, or help him gain an admission into school where there's no corruption in this country.
Wisdom is indeed, profitable to direct.
Re: FUNAAB Expels Michael Adewale Ifemosu For Writing Open Letter To VC On Facebook by Mires: 7:15pm On Nov 03, 2019
[quote author=Nwaonyishi69 post=83712284][/quote]

You say wetin? That professors should defend him? Never! Why will you expect that? To start with, the young man was asked to go and study. He ought to have learnt that students in South West Universities behave as zombies. Finally, the professors over there are strictly by merit and hard work.
Re: FUNAAB Expels Michael Adewale Ifemosu For Writing Open Letter To VC On Facebook by Mires: 7:16pm On Nov 03, 2019
[quote author=Nwaonyishi69 post=83712211][/quote]
You say wetin? That professors should defend him? Never! Why will you expect that? To start with, the young man was asked to go and study. He ought to have learnt that students in South West Universities behave as zombies. Finally, the professors over there are strictly by merit and hard work.
Re: FUNAAB Expels Michael Adewale Ifemosu For Writing Open Letter To VC On Facebook by Ngokobo: 7:20pm On Nov 03, 2019
Here is the kind of compatriot the Nation, is in dire need of, but, lacks! The young man is a hero already and will go places all he needs is a mentor to guide and fine tune his energy, such that it is appropriately channeled and with good intelligence and evidence gathering prowess.
Re: FUNAAB Expels Michael Adewale Ifemosu For Writing Open Letter To VC On Facebook by Nobody: 7:24pm On Nov 03, 2019
Gazzy88:
Rubbish and gibberish in joint collabo from a brainwashed African schooled from a university with Archaic syllabus. Chinese kids made the phone you typed that nonsense from.
Amen cool
Re: FUNAAB Expels Michael Adewale Ifemosu For Writing Open Letter To VC On Facebook by Lionhearts: 7:25pm On Nov 03, 2019
This is nigeria
Re: FUNAAB Expels Michael Adewale Ifemosu For Writing Open Letter To VC On Facebook by Nobody: 7:33pm On Nov 03, 2019
Mikeangelo0433:
Education is certainly the tool through which our leaders wield some form of influence over we the followers. Education in Nigeria preaches conformity and uniformity. if u are gonna be a non conformist u would easily be spotted and seen as an immediate threat against the powers that be. Infact non conformist are endangered species. Hence, education can be a tool for emancipation as well as for slavery.The kind of education we receive is controlled by the powers dat be to make the average man a subject of ridicule and because education has a great power over the mind, as soon as the mind is captured,we experience a situation whereby the masses Wt more number are incapable of standing up against tyranny or voicing out their displeasure about certain state of affairs. The university system is producing robots and conformist in large numbers little wonder we can't rise up against tyranny and dictatorship. I hope Ifemosu bounces back from this minor set back.
Education in Nigeria is mixed with culture of respect for elders by default...
So if a student is voicing out without any reservation, he would be tagged disrespectful and unruly.. We can't move forward like that..

Education is powerless in Nigeria unless each individual put a steel to it!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

White SA School Kids Brawl In Viral Video, Boy Suspended (PICS) / Pictures Of OAU Swimming Pool And Sports Complex / 1953 Photo Of Pioneer Female Graduates Of The University Of Ibadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.