Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,295 members, 7,780,693 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 07:46 PM

Police Arraign 25-year-old For Taking Picture With Blackberry Phone - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police Arraign 25-year-old For Taking Picture With Blackberry Phone (15133 Views)

Gov Polls: EFCC Arrests INEC Chiefs For Taking N675m In Bribes / Amaechi Is Visibly Worried In Picture With Obasanjo...what Could It Be About? / Soldiers Beat Up Voter For Taking Their Pictures In Surulere (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Police Arraign 25-year-old For Taking Picture With Blackberry Phone by Nobody: 10:38am On Nov 14, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

Do paparazzi ask for permission before taking pixs? Is the boy any different from paparazzis?
Do jourrnalists ask for permission before posting pixs in their article?
Dor every pix posted on NL, do we ask permission to post them?

I'd be creeped out if her took my pix, but I wouldnt call the cops on him.

Point is, the cops are public figures, anything they do while in duty is public. . . .therefore this arraignment makes no sense.
Big lie ! Someone you don't know just take a picture of you and you do anything ? Go to Niger delta and let militants take your picture,if you won't freak .
Re: Police Arraign 25-year-old For Taking Picture With Blackberry Phone by firemelon: 10:45am On Nov 14, 2010
Is that guy a tourist?anyway,let them temper justice with mercy,and let him go and sin no more.
Re: Police Arraign 25-year-old For Taking Picture With Blackberry Phone by doyin13(m): 11:26am On Nov 14, 2010
The  law is irrational. Obviously any defence worth its name would claim the presence of the police in the photo was inadvertent. And they also have to prove the photos are intended for ill.

What I don't understand is this quick recourse to, ''Britain does it'' or ''America does it'' so  we should do it .
We have a particular problem with corruption in this country and the police as an organisation is implicated more than any other in this regard. Should our laws not be used to solve our own problems rather than ape the practices done elsewhere, for vanity's sake?
Re: Police Arraign 25-year-old For Taking Picture With Blackberry Phone by violent(m): 11:34am On Nov 14, 2010
I think it's rude and disrespectful for you to come to my face and take a picture of me without my consent, but is it illegal? i don't think so!

The motive is on the prosecutors to prove beyond reasonable doubts that the pictures are capable of public unrest and were taken for ill conceived purposes.
Re: Police Arraign 25-year-old For Taking Picture With Blackberry Phone by KnowAll(m): 11:39am On Nov 14, 2010
Taking people's picture willy-nilly is dumb, how much more taking a law enforcement officer. The boy should be flogged with koboko and let go, six strokes of koboko would be ideal.

That would serve as a deterant to some other spoilt miscreants coming from abroad who think their being at home is doing Nigeria a favour. Just because of the prevailing abject poverty in the country which can be uneasy on the eye to the non -discerning person, and the mockery our Police Force has become, does not give any aje butter the right to make fun of the men in black,  they are still the law wether they GET N15,000.00 a month or not.

I think some kids do not know where to draw the line on how they treat their own domestic workers with how to treat officer's of the law. We all know our police force's reputation is less than those of a dog but what the fu*k

Re: Police Arraign 25-year-old For Taking Picture With Blackberry Phone by MaiSuya(m): 11:53am On Nov 14, 2010
OK! the ppl's verdict is clear: the guy was wroooong!
Re: Police Arraign 25-year-old For Taking Picture With Blackberry Phone by Nobody: 11:55am On Nov 14, 2010
i wonder if all the people defending the police think they are somehow immune from police molestation?

perhaps what orinkila said is true, many posters of nl are children of the ruling class, to whom police are nothing more than drivers and orderlies and who are in no danger whatsoever from police brutality, etc

to all those parroting laws in america etc - if everyone else thought like you, rodney king would have been beaten up and nothing would have happened

maybe we actually do deserve the police we have, if people can be defending these actions
Re: Police Arraign 25-year-old For Taking Picture With Blackberry Phone by Nobody: 12:08pm On Nov 14, 2010
i also hope none of those call for the head of the guy who took those pictures commented on the police fighting thread - since whoever took those pictures (obviously not a journalist) is a criminal in their book
Re: Police Arraign 25-year-old For Taking Picture With Blackberry Phone by KnowAll(m): 12:15pm On Nov 14, 2010
perhaps what orinkila said is true, many posters of nl are children of the ruling class, to whom police are nothing more than drivers and orderlies and who are in no danger whatsoever from police brutality, etc

You are just double speaking here man, if police are just orderlies or drivers to the children of the ruling class don't u think that explains for the shoddy behaviour of this chap, if we dig deep, this poor lad might have an orderlie at home who shines his shoe, why should he respect a Police Man on the road. It is a well known fact Police Officer's would rather they work as an Orderly and driver to some big shot than being on the road doing some "fine barra" a begger those on the streets are the lowest of the low. undecided
Re: Police Arraign 25-year-old For Taking Picture With Blackberry Phone by Nobody: 1:04pm On Nov 14, 2010
oyb:

i also hope none of those call for the head of the guy who took those pictures commented on the police fighting thread - since whoever took those pictures (obviously not a journalist) is a criminal in their book
Taking a picture of somebody either potraying them as good or bad is intrusion of such person's privacy;that we don't like the police doesn't mean they don't have their own rights.I have a lot of police pictures with me,i like them because i really get to know how bad the nigeria police had become but on the sideline,i wont pity the the photographer of those pictures if they were caught because they passed their boundaries.
All in all,the point here is that you don't get caught when doing such thing.
Re: Police Arraign 25-year-old For Taking Picture With Blackberry Phone by DapoBear(m): 1:26pm On Nov 14, 2010
fstranger:

She's got a hot body though. I'd do that anyday, anytime, anywhere. Just saying!

Strongly disagee with ishit4body on this topic, but gotta say I concur. Shorty is stacked
Re: Police Arraign 25-year-old For Taking Picture With Blackberry Phone by Nobody: 1:27pm On Nov 14, 2010
~Bluetooth:

Taking a picture of somebody either potraying them as good or bad is intrusion of such person's privacy;that we don't like the police doesn't mean they don't have their own rights.I have a lot of police pictures with me,i like them because i really get to know how bad the nigeria police had become but on the sideline,i wont pity the the photographer of those pictures if they were caught because they passed their boundaries.
All in all,the point here is that you don't get caught when doing such thing.

KnowAll:

You are just double speaking here man, if police are just orderlies or drivers to the children of the ruling class don't u think that explains for the shoddy behaviour of this chap, if we dig deep, this poor lad might have an orderlie at home who shines his shoe, why should he respect a Police Man on the road. It is a well known  fact Police Officer's would rather they work as an Orderly and driver to some big shot than being on the road doing some "fine barra" a begger those on the streets are the lowest of the low. undecided

if either of you ever get into it with policemen for not moving out of the way fast enough for those bank vans, or for loitering, or for just being in the wrong danfo, you may think differently

you are talking about the law as if these policemen obey the same laws when the are brutalizing citizens

is it these same kill and go no comment police we are talking about here?

when bbc etal  come and do what you are saying nigerians have no business doing, you will all be getting high blood pressure , but when your fellow Nigerians risk their lives to expose the rot in the system, you condemn them.

with this sort of thinking, it is no wonder the police continue to murder, rape etc with impunity - when the populace is also indifferent to against adoption of mean sby which their actions can be curtailed
Re: Police Arraign 25-year-old For Taking Picture With Blackberry Phone by Nobody: 1:35pm On Nov 14, 2010
Taking a picture of somebody either potraying them as good or bad is intrusion of such person's privacy;that we don't like the police doesn't mean they don't have their own rights

but bros, you should be condemning whoever took these photos for invasion of privacy na, instead of commenting on the pics wink

Re: Police Arraign 25-year-old For Taking Picture With Blackberry Phone by KnowAll(m): 1:37pm On Nov 14, 2010
but when your fellow Nigerians risk their lives to expose the rot in the system, you condemn them.

You should be ashamed of your line of argument,  A man blatantly walks to an officer of the law and takes his photo-graph to you
" he is exposing the rot in the system in your wack mind" . I think that boy should thank his lucky stars that" accidental discharged"  did not happen to him. He would have met himself in a morgue and not a court.   undecided
Re: Police Arraign 25-year-old For Taking Picture With Blackberry Phone by Nobody: 1:43pm On Nov 14, 2010
KnowAll:

You should be ashamed of your line of argument,  A man blatantly walks to an officer of the law and takes his photo-graph to you
" he is exposing the rot in the system in your wack mind" . I think that boy should thank his lucky stars that" accidental discharged"  did not happen to him. He would have met himself in a morgue and not a court.   undecided

accidental discharge?

i didn't realise i was talking to someone who supports the thuggish behavior of our men in black - there is certainly no need for civilised nigerians to debate with people of such mind.

i shall endeavour to ignore you, going forwrd.

you are almost certainly related in some way to our men in black, which is the only reason i can surmise for your eager support of 'accidental discharge' as a means of conflict resolution. i am sure you also have no issues with arrest for wandering and rape of prostitutes / arrested females as 'fringe benefits'

smh
Re: Police Arraign 25-year-old For Taking Picture With Blackberry Phone by KnowAll(m): 1:59pm On Nov 14, 2010
you are almost certainly related in some way to our men in black, which is the only reason i can surmise for your eager support of 'accidental discharge' as a means of conflict resolution. i am sure you also have no issues with arrest for wandering and despoil of  love-peddlers / arrested females as 'fringe benefits'

"Accidental discharged" as the name depicts is what it is, you cannot be economical with the truth or change the connotations of the deed to suit your argument hence the reason why there is a word like that in the English language(moreover that is not the charge at hand, I am only emphasing the boy's luck at not being at the recieving end of AD) , as per police officer's despoiling arrested love-peddlers that is off topic and bears no correlation to what this spoilt brat did,  snapping anything and everything that comes to his focusundecided
Re: Police Arraign 25-year-old For Taking Picture With Blackberry Phone by Nobody: 6:52pm On Nov 14, 2010
~Bluetooth:

Big lie ! Someone you don't know just take a picture of you and you do anything ? Go to Niger delta and let militants take your picture,if you won't freak .

Why should I freak?
I'd only cause a commotion if I find out that they used my pix to do something illegal . . . .

We take pictures of people everyday. . . .

Like Googles mentioned before, if the picture were taken while they were doing honorable deed, there would not be any commotion.
But na shame and fear of losing their job dey cause all these wahala.
Re: Police Arraign 25-year-old For Taking Picture With Blackberry Phone by ishit4body(f): 6:56am On Nov 15, 2010
No problem debating these issues.

We all live somewhere, we all have camera phones, we all know how to use them.

Okay, we gonna be doing two things. Snap policemen when they are out making an arrest, or stopping a motorist, as well snap them when they are on their normal beat.

Wherever you are- Nigeria, USA, Europe, Asia. Africa- make sure the police are not looking when you are about to snap but make sure they see you after.

This is the only way to prove, and I am not talking about asking them to do it before you do it.

I am sure, some of you will come back here with swollen eyes and swollen heads. But, lets be practical this time.

Remember, that you dont know there is a law in place is not an excuse.

Thanks.
Re: Police Arraign 25-year-old For Taking Picture With Blackberry Phone by bkbabe97y(m): 3:17pm On Nov 15, 2010
[q
Re: Police Arraign 25-year-old For Taking Picture With Blackberry Phone by udezue(m): 3:33pm On Nov 15, 2010
He exposed their barbarism and that is a crime?

U Nigerians on NL are complete morons. The guy saw a fight ensuing btwn officers who should be working not exchanging blows over whatever and somehow he is the villain? Nigerians and their 3rd world mentality. Thats why una go remain backward coz you cant think and be rational. You should calling for the resignation of the mad policemen who put the lives of so many people at-risk while fighting with their guns still hanging on them not the student.
Re: Police Arraign 25-year-old For Taking Picture With Blackberry Phone by ishit4body(f): 3:36pm On Nov 15, 2010
udezue:

U Nigerians on NL are complete morons. The guy saw a fight ensuing btwn officers who should be working not exchanging blows over whatever and somehow he is the villain? Nigerians and their 3rd world mentality. Thats why una go remain backward coz you cant think and be rational. You should calling for the resignation of the mad policemen who put the lives of so many people at-risk while fighting with their guns still hanging on them not the student.

You are so so so wrong. Who told you he was arrested because he saw them fighting?
Re: Police Arraign 25-year-old For Taking Picture With Blackberry Phone by ladi02(m): 3:46pm On Nov 15, 2010
ishit4body:

You are so so so wrong. Who told you he was arrested because he saw them fighting?

It is obvious the young chap was doing yankee boy for the policemen, na jealousy dey do all of them, plus the magistrate.

You know how many things people get away with in nigeria, and its picture taking these jobless policemen are after

ms. ishit4body the only reason he was arrested was cos he must have been rude to the policemen, simple!
Re: Police Arraign 25-year-old For Taking Picture With Blackberry Phone by udezue(m): 3:51pm On Nov 15, 2010
ishit4body:

Please enlighten me,
Re: Police Arraign 25-year-old For Taking Picture With Blackberry Phone by fstranger: 3:53pm On Nov 15, 2010
udezue:

Please enlighten me,

Hey, stop pestering her. She is BANGING, see her profile pics. And, as long as she is bang-able, she will always be right.

@ishit4body  sup?
Re: Police Arraign 25-year-old For Taking Picture With Blackberry Phone by udezue(m): 4:03pm On Nov 15, 2010
fstranger:

Hey, stop pestering her. She is BANGING, see her profile pics. And, as long as she is bang-able, she will always be right.

@ishit4body sup?

Cuteness is no excuse for stuppdity. She is a bimbo.
Re: Police Arraign 25-year-old For Taking Picture With Blackberry Phone by AkinEgba: 4:44pm On Nov 15, 2010
fstranger:

@ishit4body  sup?

Ok I hear. Ug face (very high cheek bones) with bangable body. Just cover her face while banging. Shikena
Re: Police Arraign 25-year-old For Taking Picture With Blackberry Phone by fstranger: 4:50pm On Nov 15, 2010
Akin-Egba:

Ok I hear. Ug face (very high cheek bones) with bangable body. Just cover her face while banging. Shikena

What about her lips, they seem very supple to me. I am sure she knows how to use them. BTW, no need to cover her face, just switch off the light. Shikena.
Re: Police Arraign 25-year-old For Taking Picture With Blackberry Phone by ladi02(m): 5:04pm On Nov 15, 2010
is this still politics section or romance

leave the poor gurl, but also she put up the pic

so guys carry go jare!
Re: Police Arraign 25-year-old For Taking Picture With Blackberry Phone by stagger: 5:22pm On Nov 15, 2010
ishit4body,

I certainly do not see any shit on that incredibly hot body of yours (assuming it is you that is).

I was about commenting on the lawyer's arraignment and his careless action of taking pictures when I had a look at your picture and immediately forgot what I wanted to say.

Like Professor Chinweizu said in his book "Anatomy of Female Power", my brain just took French leave! Yeeeeeehhhh!

I would like to meet you. How can we see? I'll love to spend some oil money on you! tongue tongue tongue
Re: Police Arraign 25-year-old For Taking Picture With Blackberry Phone by fstranger: 5:26pm On Nov 15, 2010
stagger:

ishit4body,
I certainly do not see any poo on that incredibly hot body of yours (assuming it is you that is).
I was about commenting on the lawyer's arraignment and his careless action of taking pictures when I had a look at your picture and immediately forgot what I wanted to say.
Like Professor Chinweizu said in his book "Anatomy of Female Power", my brain just took French leave! Yeeeeeehhhh!
I would like to meet you. How can we see? I'll love to spend some oil money on you! tongue tongue tongue

We can have a foursome; me, you, Akin-Egba, and ishit4body. Its gonna be BANGING, all night long. Ewoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
Re: Police Arraign 25-year-old For Taking Picture With Blackberry Phone by InkedNerd(f): 5:30pm On Nov 15, 2010
udezue:

U Nigerians on NL are complete morons.
The guy saw a fight ensuing btwn officers who should be working not exchanging blows over whatever and somehow he is the villain? Nigerians and their 3rd world mentality. Thats why una go remain backward coz you cant think and be rational. You should calling for the resignation of the mad policemen who put the lives of so many people at-risk while fighting with their guns still hanging on them not the student.

My dear, are you just finding out that they're morons?
Re: Police Arraign 25-year-old For Taking Picture With Blackberry Phone by twinskenny(m): 5:35pm On Nov 15, 2010
grin MAYBE THE POLICE MAN ARE CELEBRITIES LOL grin grin CRAZIEST THING TO DO

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Pictures From Funeral Service Of Gen. Owoye / We’ve Paid N700bn For Road Projects – FG / Donald Trump Endorses Biafran Independence.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.